Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Skill Core: Decisive Strike

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Skill Core: Decisive Strike
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2013 2:14:20   
NDB

Here's my suggestion for a new Skill Core for Omega.

Skill Core Name: Decisive Strike

Description: Strikes for your Primary's Maximum Damage and your opponent's Minimum Defense/Resistance.

Example:
Player A: Primary Damage: 16-20+35 (Energy Damage)= 51-55
Player B: Energy Resistance: 26-32+5+1= 32-38
Damage Range: 13(min.)-23(max.) damage

When Player A uses Decisive Strike, it will guarantee that he/she will strike for the Maximum damage of 55 at the Minimum Resistance of 32, and therefore do the Maximum amount of damage, 23.

Notes:
-Unblockable
-Can only be used once per game
-Weapon type based on Primary

Click here for image.

< Message edited by NDB -- 1/9/2013 2:16:44 >
Epic  Post #: 1
1/9/2013 3:54:08   
Hatsuka

Pretty OP'ed (?) Just think if you have over 200 Strength and high damage weapons. What will happen in the battle ?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/9/2013 4:10:41   
Xendran

Good luck getting anywhere near 200 str in omega.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/9/2013 4:41:00   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Supported

< Message edited by Sr. Zeph -- 1/9/2013 4:43:25 >
Epic  Post #: 4
1/9/2013 5:32:31   
Remorse

I support if it's either blockable or has an energy cost.
Why? Because too many free unblockables will mean unbalance, and likely to lead to overpowered STR builds.

Another alternative is to not base it on primary damage rather say auxiliary damage.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/9/2013 5:36:03 >
Epic  Post #: 5
1/9/2013 6:12:52   
ED Prince of Shadows

Pretty balanced, you won't hit insane amounts, just 10 more than the minimum you could inflict.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/9/2013 6:35:13   
Tri Phoenix

Supported
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/9/2013 7:20:48   
justasxz

supported
Post #: 8
1/9/2013 10:33:48   
Mother1

Make it so it can't be used with rage. Someone who has a lot of strength could abuse this free hit. Especially if they are raging it.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/9/2013 19:56:38   
NDB

I don't really see how this skill is "abusable" except for the fact it's unblockable... And then again, there are many other unblockable skills. Considering that anything that improves with Strength can be abused by Strength users (obviously), I'd say this isn't really a big one. It's also only once per game, so I think it's fair.

Btw don't forget that 10 more damage is the Maximum amount of extra damage they would've gained by using this in the example above. Technically, the average is 5 more damage. In fact, in the case that the user would have done the Max damage anyway, it would add no damage at all.

As for adding the energy cost... I think that's pretty unreasonable when no other skill core has an energy cost. A lot of special skills are much more powerful than this and they have no energy cost. It'd defeat the whole purpose and it'd get complicated.

Making it blockable would also really ruin the point of being "Decisive". Plus Jack-o-Fire, Thorns and Chairman's Fury are all unblockable...
Epic  Post #: 10
1/11/2013 1:15:44   
Goony
Constructive!

Added to master document, thanks for idea!
Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Skill Core: Decisive Strike
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition