Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Skill Cores Suggestions 2.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: =ED= Skill Cores Suggestions 2.0
Page 2 of 16«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2013 11:31:06   
Xendran

UPDATE: 1.1 1/9/2013: Added "Harbinger", "Flawless Precision", "Beast Eye", "Jump", "Relocate", "Hard Reset", "Skip"
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 26
1/9/2013 11:32:35   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Because you can't. When somebody is knocked out of the battle, they can't be targeted for that turn. This prevents them from taking any damage while knocked back. Knockback is more defensive than stun.

Who said you can?

Mini-modding omitted. This is the last edit I'll make regarding mini-modding: please remain on topic. If you have any concerns on what forum rules are or aren't, please PM an ArchKnight and/or moderator for clarification. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 1/9/2013 11:55:55 >
Epic  Post #: 27
1/9/2013 11:35:45   
Xendran

What's with all the stuff about knockback? It's a simple mechanic: A more defensive stun. I don't understand what the issue is with it.

Omitted a response to a modified post. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 1/9/2013 11:56:36 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 28
1/9/2013 11:43:32   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

The ''stuff'' is your comment on my reply. I said:
quote:

2. OP, basically a stun move, but then when it doesnt stun (knockback) it hits higher? No thank you

and then you said:
quote:

2. No, you can't target somebody who is knocked back.

So thats the stuff, your comment was completely irrelevant to my post and i asked why you said something.

< Message edited by Eventus -- 1/9/2013 12:10:28 >
Epic  Post #: 29
1/9/2013 11:48:34   
Drianx

May I add one to your list?
Because I was inspired by reading your list, and I don't know if it is worth a thread.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/9/2013 11:57:00   
Xendran

quote:

So thats the stuff, your comment was completely irrelevant to my post and i asked why you said something.

OP and UP are not relevant terms in this thread at all because none of these skills have numbers except for a few. Comment on the idea, not numbers.
Also, read everything i said in context. Taking things out of context does wonders.

@Drianx
Go for it, i'll add names beside the ones suggested by others.
Within reason, of course.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 31
1/9/2013 12:01:42   
Drianx

Active skill - Plague (couldn't think of a better name).
When activated, both you and your opponent will lose X HP per turn for Y number of turns.

Obviously inspired by your suggestions :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/9/2013 12:06:31   
Xendran

1.1a: Added Plague and Toxin.
1.1b: Added Deficiency and Greater Deficiency
1.1c 1/9/2013: Added "Ricochet"
1.1d 1/9/2013: Added "Hollow Point", "Pierce"

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/9/2013 12:24:49 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 33
1/9/2013 12:25:18   
midnight assassin

Passive:
[SW] Gift of the dead: gives a random +15-20 on str, dex,tech or support for 4 turns if your partner dies.

Active
Betrayal: Steal 20 hp from your partner.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 1/9/2013 12:30:13 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/9/2013 12:29:16   
Xendran

Great idea, midnight assassin, but i've removed the numbers. Also, i'm keeping the weapon-specific stuff to a minimum, and since it doesn't really fit with anything sword-style so i've removed the SW tag.
Thanks to eVentus for doing some thread cleaning.

EDIT: As much as i'm in favor of being able to hurt your partner for your own benefit, it would hurt the 2v2 community more than it already is, so i don't think i'll include betrayal in this list. Of course you can still post the idea elsewhere, i just won't have that one in the OP.

EDIT: Added "Sacrifice"

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/9/2013 12:37:37 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 35
1/9/2013 15:22:34   
Xendran

1.2 1/9/2013: Added "Charge", "Ultimatum", "Delerium", "Clear Head", "Iron Will", "Basic Bolt", "Impale", "Interference", "Fusion Grenade", "Fission Grenade", 'Meltdown', 'Skewered', 'Stabwound', 'Unarmed', 'Damaged'[/code]
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 36
1/9/2013 16:29:18   
Stabilis

2 energy-rage duos:

Repose (active)

•converts the user's rage into energy. The user gains energy equal to the filled portion of their rage meter. Using the conversion reduces rage to zero, and energy may not exceed full capacity.

(eg... a player has 80 of 120 rage. The percentage that represents this portion is 66%. Upon using Repose, the player gains 66% of their total energy. If for example their energy was 0 out of 60, they would gain 40 energy [66% of 60]. The player's rage becomes 0 and this uses a turn [or maybe even 2 turns]).

Envy (active)

•converts lost energy into rage. The user gains rage equal to the empty portion of their energy meter. Using Envy has no adverse effects unlike Repose which eliminates the rage meter. The amount of rage gained is calculated by the same method as Repose, but interchanging rage with lost energy, and energy with rage.

(eg... a player has 25 of 50 energy. The percentage representing this portion is 50%. Upon using Envy, the player gains 50% of their total rage.)

Wish these are acceptable.

Also, these 2 skill cores would be exclusive of each other, you can have 1 but not 2.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 1/9/2013 16:45:35 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
1/9/2013 16:34:44   
Xendran

Rage into energy is a good idea. Energy into rage is too abusable though, due to how much energy players are going to be regaining and using in omega.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 38
1/9/2013 17:31:09   
Stabilis

I am fond of the idea Skewered.

The "skip turn" button needs to be prioritized and this skill core can bloom. Because as I remember Titan telling me in the last livestream (or was it a post by Rabblefroth in the forum), that, players must be able to have their turn if not stunned.
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
1/9/2013 17:42:20   
veneeria

Awesome stuff here, i loved the ideas and surprisingly the names too.
The extra xp and gold ones were something outside of the box i must say. :D

Some of them felt a bit off but the ones i mind are:

Taunt: Force enemies to target you (+ also maybe it could cause the enemies rage to go up? This might actuality be useful for both sides, at a last stand, making them use their rage at you is kinda like making sure the rage is not made at your friend. But not really what i wanted to add, it should be a chance, not something certain if you know what i mean :S ..high chance)

Sacrifice (+ I was about to suggest this, but with energy included. Though unrelated when our user is almost dying, it should not be as effective, right? )

Da suggestionz:

Moderation: The user has no way of gaining rage but his critical are now stronger and chances to miss an attack are lower, however the critical rate also decreases.

Preparation: Looks like he is missing a turn but actuality this active skill makes sure that the next attack is blocked or casting skills are endured, however gun shots and other delectable skills hurt a bit more than usual.

Cold blood: Use your friends as shields! Rage gain is reduced and damage output from primary/gun is reduced too for 3 rounds.

Flat jacket: ♪ Bullets and explosives can't hurt you down. ♫ ..............Easily.

last stand: Passive ability in which "revives" the player when K.O'd with 1 HP for one last turn. Character is immune to healing or buffing and will die after his turn is over.

Pretty much everything.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/9/2013 18:32:06   
midnight assassin

I'll edit my betrayal

Betrayal: Kill your partner giving you double damage every round but make you EXTREMELY vulnerable every round.

Going to add up

Incendiary: Costs ep but causes your opponent to take dot(Must be used in gun). Also adds cool down to attackers gun.

(insert name): 50/50 percent chance to deal a high deflectable damage or normal damage to yourself but splits damage to hp and ep

Embarrassed: Attempts to kill enemy with low damage and if successful adds % of credit gained

Passive:
(Insert name)- Reduces the % of energy drained but
- If full health the % will be added directly to res and def but has a high chance to disable fm
- If enemy health reduced, heal % of health but disables energy regain for x turns.

IF skill core of an enemy will be shown

Passive

Spybot- Allows you to see the enemies ally chat but the spy will be hidden to the player using it.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 1/9/2013 18:42:04 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/9/2013 20:36:52   
NDB

No offense, but none of these seem extremely thought out and many lack a lot of description... Maybe you could work on them more to make them more realistic--getting some actual numbers/calculations, balance, etc-- than concentrating on getting the concept and names? Sounds great, just saying, you might wanna go back and actually work on some of these more , so they look a little more like the current skill cores....

You could also add my suggestion to the thread if you want, while your at it :)
Like add the link or something like that, since I'm guessing this is like the official thread now...?

< Message edited by NDB -- 1/9/2013 20:44:10 >
Epic  Post #: 42
1/9/2013 20:57:59   
hijinks

How about this one?

Kamikaze (passive): Very small percent chance to take down an enemy with you (enemy and you dies) when your health goes below 40%. (works only in 2v2 non-juggernaught)
Very useful when your team is about to lose, it can change the playing field abit.

Skill Sync (active, warm up:3-4 turns) one use only in battle): Able to team up with your partner to fire a cannon at an enemy for heavy damage but at the cost of half you and your partner's energy and 10% of health. (only in 2v2 non-juggernaught)

"Buff The Mana Hovership" (Passive, one use only): 2-3% chance to call in Buff The Mana Hovership to unload heavy energy fire on your enemy when your health gets to 30%. (Works in 1v1, 2v2) (points for those who can guess where I got this idea.)

< Message edited by hijinks -- 1/9/2013 21:25:52 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/9/2013 21:17:22   
Stabilis

^

Is there a reason I am thinking "Puff the Magic Dragon" when I read the last core?
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
1/9/2013 21:24:53   
hijinks

You got it!

EDIT:

I change skill sync's name to Vampire Cannon Sync (makes sense when you look at the cost for using it)

And Skill Sync will become this:

Skill Sync (active, 3 warm up, one use): In a rare occurrence, your partner has allowed you to borrow one of their skills to use. NOTE: Skills in cooldown or warm up can't be given.

< Message edited by hijinks -- 1/9/2013 21:34:02 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/9/2013 21:36:30   
Xendran

quote:

No offense, but none of these seem extremely thought out and many lack a lot of description... Maybe you could work on them more to make them more realistic--getting some actual numbers/calculations,

Absolutely no. That's rabbles/titans job.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/9/2013 21:42:00 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 46
1/9/2013 21:41:30   
hijinks

To be honest, all of these skill cores seems pretty cool. Mine feel like it needs alot more coding.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/9/2013 21:55:22   
sky222

Based off midnights original betrayal:
blood transfusion-give up 1.2X hp and your partner heals X hp, where X is chosen by the player and is between 5 and 35
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/9/2013 22:19:42   
Goony
Constructive!

Nice one, now we are getting there :)

Just a few considerations to keep in mind when suggesting skill cores:

* For reference, “cores” are the tentative name for modular skills that can be equipped to weapons and armor.
* Current examples would be Frostbite, Mark of Azrael, and Curse.
* Keep it clear. If you can’t explain the skill in 1-2 short sentences, it’s too complicated.
* Players hate skills that require them to lose something to gain something (i.e. Blood Shield).
* Can’t think of an awesome name? Don’t worry. The skill effect is enough.
* We can’t shuffle turn order while battle is in progress.
* Try to avoid core ideas with overly specific applications (i.e. can only be used on the 2nd round if you’re third in the order )
* It’s OK to use specific numbers as a base, but we can hammer out balance later
* Please, keep comments to a minimum.

A few of the skills listed break the turn order and will probably not be implemented. Just be creative and remember the skill cores will be divided into these areas!

quote:

Battle Modifiers
• Overcharge: Skip a turn to regain 20% Energy
• Initiative: +10% chance of going first

Rage Modifiers
• Haste: Rage increases faster, but defense reduction is reduced

Skill Modifiers
• Cure: Cures DoT effects

Chance Modifiers
• Like a Rock: -5% chance of being stunned

Armor
• Fortify: Skip a turn, increase defense +10%

Auxiliary and Sidearms
• Broken Bullet: In case of deflection, damage is also dealt to opponent

Primary Weapons
• Eviscerate: Chance to cause opponent to leak HP for the duration of the fight

Looking forward to some more great suggestions " ForgeOn"
Epic  Post #: 49
1/9/2013 23:20:20   
Stabilis

Flimsy (passive)

•decreased stats (Strength, Dexterity, Technology, Support), but increased skills (bonus to skill effectiveness).

Absolute Zero (active)

•everyone is stunned for 1 turn, everyone takes damage on their turn.

Railgun (active) [Auxiliary]

•magnetically accelerate a metal disc to almost light speed. Attack has increased damage and can knockback.

(can be used on the Auxiliary's cooldown)

Death from... Below? (active)

•call in underground support from the mines. Damages and creates hazardous terrain for the target.

(movement can inflict damage on hazardous terrain, and possibly a burn DoT)
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: =ED= Skill Cores Suggestions 2.0
Page 2 of 16«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition