Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Skill Cores Suggestions 2.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: =ED= Skill Cores Suggestions 2.0
Page 5 of 16«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2013 13:15:16   
Demon Emperor

Sorry if anyone has posted any skill cores similar to these, I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread besides a little bit of the first page:

Passives:
Recarnation: 5% chance to come back after dying with 1 HP.
Full Power Aux: 20% less chance to have auxillary deflected.
Physical Master: 5% more dmg on all physical attacks.
Energy Master: 5% more dmg on all energy attacks.

Actives:
Raging Lunatic: Click when you have rage to do 25% more dmg with a rage strike but with a 10% higher chance to be blocked. (Once per battle?)
Core Health: Click to restore 5 Health every turn for 4 turns.

Feel free to suggest better names for any of these, tell if there are any skill cores similar to them, and discuss if any are OP or UP.

Edit: Added Core Health.

< Message edited by Demon Emperor -- 1/12/2013 13:20:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
1/12/2013 13:19:22   
Midnightsoul

@Remorse

Was that to me? Sorry if you don't like the idea. I'm just trying to make some basic skills. I mean after all, there are already skills that cost energy to have increased dmg that goes up more than 175% dmg. I'm just trying to make it with HP instead which is more tactical with the decision. I know how you feel about extreme dmg, because I was from beta, but personally, I think these skills may be necessary. I also think most of your ideas are great too so I'm just trying to be considerate....

-Midnightsoul
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 102
1/12/2013 15:30:18   
JackFire

By-JackFire2
Acid Rain= A Passive skill. That have 5-10% chance to do normal damage based on ur strength and that causes one of ur opponets weapon to get rusty and when he/she will use it that will do less damage than normal so it will do 85% of 100%. 5-10% Chances is based on the ur enmies if they are higher lvl then % is high, if the are low lvl % is low.

Risk-An active skill. This skill rise ur damage by 20% for 2 turn and when u use it that will make u sleep for 1 turn. Then when u wake up now u hit with 120% of damage.

Boss-An active skill in which u can provide ur dex or tech to ur partner for 2 truns and u can only give 70% of ur dex or tech.

Stunner- An passive skill that rise ur stun chance with 5%.

Ice-An active skill that will freeze one of ur weapon and you wont be able to know which one is that chould be gun, baczooca, or primary. If u use strike and ur primary was froZen then u will do 3 damage and if u use and primary related skill like berZerker then it will reduse its damage by 15%.

< Message edited by JackFire -- 1/12/2013 16:14:32 >
Post #: 103
1/12/2013 17:56:35   
Crimson Eagle

Collision: This skill costs 10 hp AND energy points. When it's the other players turn, you can activate this skill. (ONCE per battle)

You and your "opponent" attack at the same time. Who ever deals the most damage, the OTHER player get's shot off the screen. (Like Massive Strike and the Platinum's Pride ability.)

So pretty much, there is a CHANCE that your opponent misses a turn.

~Crimson Eagle!

< Message edited by Crimson Eagle -- 1/12/2013 17:57:28 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
1/12/2013 18:25:14   
Xendran

@Crimson Eagle: Good idea, but don't expect it to see a chance of implementation for a few months. It's going to make the main list though, because it's a well thought out skill.
The reason is due to engine limitations, which unfortunately also means no Clash (which is basically a version of this that deals no damage and has some other interesting modifiers) and no Relocate.
However, in the future, we might see these skills able to be implemented.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 105
1/12/2013 18:33:32   
TreadLight

Needless to say, this is awesome man!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
1/12/2013 18:42:36   
Crimson Eagle

50/50: If you have any of the three shields (Plasma, Hybrid and Mineral) you have the option to halve the +X and add it to the other Defense/Resistance.

Example:

Defense +10
Resistance

Defense +5
Resistance +5

(Not too sure how to do with Hybrid Armor, I'll figure that out later!)

EDIT: This can work as an offense/defense move.

Defense: If you need some more shield on the other defense.

Offense: To hit harder on that particular defense.

~Crimson Eagle!

< Message edited by Crimson Eagle -- 1/13/2013 3:21:05 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
1/12/2013 18:44:45   
Xendran

Since there's a skill core that has 50/50 on it's icon, the name is most likely already taken. Interesting idea, but i actually think it should be a 100% thing.
I'm actually going to create two skills based off of that idea, with credit given to you for the idea.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 108
1/12/2013 19:33:55   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

These are some great suggestions.

Here are some of my core skills suggestions.

PASSIVE:
Anti-EMP - When attacked by energy reduction "skill", enemy takes 50% of the damage.
Ninja Reflex - Chance to evade enemy "skill" projectile (i.e. Fireball, Plasma Bolt, Super Charge, Stun Grenade, etc.)
Hobbit X - Reduced size, slightly reduced def/res and rage gain, moderately increased damage output.
Cinderella might love these next ones
Dionaea Muscipula for Bio Armors - All enemy melee attacks trigger a mutation in user's Bio armor. An anomaly resembling the Venus FlyTrap sprouts from the chest area of the armor and quickly dissolves the weapon/equipment used and reduces it's DoT for 3 turns. This also affects robots if the robot's melee is used.
Dionaea Muscipula for Bio Weapons - Strike chance to dissolve opponent's equipped gear reducing their potency slightly each turn for 3 turns. Only affects actively equipped gear including weapons and armor. If Sidearm and Auxiliary have been disabled, they will not be affected.
NOTE: Only one can be equipped at any given time. Either for the armor or the weapon.

ACTIVE:
Double Trouble - Create a hologram that absorbs a high percentage of all non-melee damage 2 turns.
Reverse Summoning - Trade places with your robot and next turn it summons you to perform your ultimate attack. Robot cannot be targeted and goes into cooldown after completion of this skill. Drains 100% of user's energy. Rage gain is temporarily disabled.

I may revisit this post to add more if I come up with any. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: @below gotcha, will do.

< Message edited by drekon -- 1/12/2013 20:05:18 >
Epic  Post #: 109
1/12/2013 19:36:38   
Xendran

Thanks for the new skills. Another update is coming tonight, most likely 2.1.

@Drekon: If you're editing a post to add skills, that's fine, as long as it's the last post in the thread. If somebody posts after you, just make a new post, much easier to keep track of if people edit their posts as little as possible.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 110
1/12/2013 20:30:11   
Crimson Eagle

Disable: Usable ONCE per match, this ability disables all Buffs/Debuffs in use for 3 turns.

(Includes: Smoke Screen, Malfunction, Intimidate, Technician, Energy Shield, Blood Shield, Reflex Boost, Blood Commander, Shadow Arts, Hybrid Armor, Plasma Armor, Mineral Armor, Defense Matrix, Field Commander, Deadly Aim and Adrenaline.)

*It also effects the user and also disables passive moves!*

~Crimson Eagle!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/12/2013 20:47:01   
Xendran

Good idea, currently there is a skill called disable, but i'm probably going to rename it, as to keep the name on your skill.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 112
1/12/2013 21:44:26   
midnight assassin

Body shield- If the health of ally is reduced to 20, the user will take the damage until death or if the ally has his/her health more than 20
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
1/12/2013 22:57:38   
Made 4 Sunny Days

Active Power: Security Swap

Power: Normal strike that switches an opponents armor ratings
Ex. Opponent has +8 Defense and +2 Resistance from their armor, you use Security Swap on them and now they get +2 Defense and +8 Resistace
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
1/13/2013 2:49:50   
odsey

Active: 1.Wolf pack: Summon a wolf pack which will attack ts enemies and reduce its damage for 10% for 2 rounds. Can only be used once per battle
2. Zombified: Restore 20% health but cannot control itself for 2 turn(Once per battle)
3. Electric discharge: Summon a electric that will hit all players in the battle for 10% (once per battle)
4. Plasma shield: Active a shield which is 60% immune to energy attacks but receive a 3 percent dot every turn, Cannot regain energy, while is vulnerable to physical attacks for 2 turns.(once per battle)
5. Mineral shield : Active a shield which is 60% immune to physical attacks but receive a 3 percent dot every turn, cannot regain hp, while is vulnerable to energy attack (Once per battle)

Passive: Gun master:reduce chance to deflect by sidearm and auxiliary while reduce chance to block.
Extra ammo: 5% chance to do a extra shot by sidearm/ auxiliary but with a reduced damage.

< Message edited by odsey -- 1/13/2013 2:52:43 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 115
1/13/2013 3:24:05   
Remorse

Sorry if I offended midnight, I only have a problem with luck worsening skills is what I meant.

Your damage idea seems fine but the extra worsening of luck I don't like sorry.

Epic  Post #: 116
1/13/2013 9:03:49   
Stabilis

Hey Xendran, whereabouts are you on this thread from the last post of skill core ideas that you moved to the first page?
AQ Epic  Post #: 117
1/13/2013 10:29:53   
Xendran

I have everything documented, but not formatted yet.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 118
1/13/2013 12:56:30   
Stabilis

I was about to add onto the technology set of skill cores, then I noticed that I did not see these on page 1. Unless I missed where they were, I think you might have skipped over this one.

AQ Epic  Post #: 119
1/13/2013 13:00:45   
Xendran

Those skills are part of the ones in the document that havent been added to the first page.
Keep working on those skills btw, the ones you suggest have a tendency of being hgih quality.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 120
1/13/2013 13:43:33   
veneeria

Just getting it off my head.

Moderation: The user has no way of gaining rage but his critical are now stronger and chances to miss an attack are lower, however the critical rate also decreases.

Preparation: Looks like he is missing a turn but actuality this active skill makes sure that the next attack is blocked or casting skills are endured, however gun shots and other deflectable skills(gun shots and bazooka shots) hurt a bit more than usual.

Cold blood/Betrayal: Use your friends as shields! Rage gain is reduced and damage output from primary/gun is reduced too for 3 rounds.

Flat jacket: ♪ Bullets and explosives can't hurt you down. ♫ ..............Easily. (improves your defense against bullets from your bazooka and gun. but just not so much as to make you invincible...)

Last stand: Passive ability in which "revives" the player when K.O'd with 1 HP for one last turn. Character is immune to healing or buffing and will die after his turn is over.

Shell: (animation kneel with a shield around) protects from any kind of attack or debuff for two turns , but ALSO cannot attack or do anything during these turns.

temperament : The user rages faster.

Regeneration: Regenerates Health points each turn but healing abilities are less effective. (example blood lust gives half of the normal hp it would give. Field medic heals you for half it normally did. However this does not affect other but you.)

Will add more ideas.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
1/13/2013 17:57:05   
Average

Here's a few I thought of:
Active:
Threat Evaluation: Skip a turn, but apply a DoT that deals additional damage depending on how much damage you took for 5 turns. (This will have a fairly high base damage because you skip your turn to activate it on their next turn.)[Once a battle]

Passive:
Unbalanced Strikes: Increases damage done by blockable attacks moderately, and increases enemy block rate mildly. Also decreases unblockable damage.

Steady: Decreases enemys' critical chance and deflection chance, but decreases your chance to critical.

Post #: 122
1/13/2013 19:08:38   
Demon Emperor

Xendran, would you mind giving me some feedback on my skill core suggestions at the top of this page? Thanks.
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
1/13/2013 19:50:34   
Stabilis

Kinetic Cell (passive) (I suggested a passive skill for once!) (and cell as in battery cell 'b')

•if the user of Kinetic Cell blocks an attack, they will gain energy.

Gamma Visor (passive)

•the user of Gamma Visor will always be able to target players, but still be affected by status conditions (stun, knockback, burn, etc).

Splitter Shot (active)

•this projectile's damage increases with each piece of equipment the target has, splitting into 2 fragments for each object it collides with.

Sine Shot [or Flux Cannon] (active)

•this projectile's damage is determined by the number of turns passed. 75% base damage on odd-numbered turns, 125% base damage on even-numbered turns.

(turn 1, the first turn, should be 75% for balance reasons. Otherwise it would be the Cosine Shot!)

Reversal Medic [or Cure] (active)

•undo the last attack's damage from the user as a healing action.

(as an example if the last value the user was damaged for was 40 damage, Reversal Medic will heal for 40 health)

Assault Drone (active)

•depending on the user's Technology, the Assault Drone will inflict a varying degree of Marred. Marred is a permanent status condition that lowers the total health of the afflicted.

Guard Drone (active)

•depending on the user's Technology, the Guard Drone will act as a shield for a varying degree of health points. The Guard Drone will take all damage and status conditions aimed at the user until Guard Drone's health is depleted.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 1/13/2013 20:19:21 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 124
1/13/2013 20:13:37   
veneeria

Alright dudes.. got some more ideas for skill cores.

passive:

Armored : Gives extra defenses to your armor, but makes the enemy generate MORE rage than usual while yours is slower than usual.

Shadow evasion: Upon a block or deflect, there is a chance to return a small amount Health and Energy points.

Self-destruct: Upon death, you explode (which is based on your weapon damage type and ignores defeses) and cause damage to enemy who killed you. Does not kill him though, only leaves him with 1 hp.

Proton explosion: Same as above ↑ but causes no damage and stuns all enemies at own death for 1 turn. Though the enemies rage meter increases with this explosion.

active:

Plasma storm : Energy unblockable

golden bullet : attacks with primary and then jump shots.

Field Healing: Heals both player and ally.

< Message edited by veneeria -- 1/13/2013 20:22:48 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: =ED= Skill Cores Suggestions 2.0
Page 5 of 16«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition