Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Post Deletion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Post Deletion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2013 13:43:53   
PBlades

Hello,

As you may know, inappropriate posts maybe removed without notice. I understand the reasoning behind that rule. Nevertheless, I must ask that the mods/AKs who deleted the post -excepting in cases of random spams- keep the post itself in case users ask for it back.

Thank you for your consideration,
PBlades
Post #: 1
1/10/2013 14:28:24   
Starflare

Ok, first, posts that are usually deleted without notice are usually responses to other inappropriate posts. However, it has happened that the case is they are deleted without notice, but the forum staff usually warns people posts may be deleted from the thread without notice.

And, stemming from that, some post deletion notices don't happen via PM; in some discussion threads, ie. war threads for example, it's plausible for the forum staff to post a notice there, as well.

Second, ruling out random spam, posts that are deleted break the forum rules, and are oftentimes rude. I fail to see why anyone would want to keep that. To laugh at, maybe, but that's, in very blunt words, mean. Not just to the person whose feeling you're going to hurt, but to AE's Universal Rules made to keep and promote their user's civilized interaction.

quote:

Do not target, attack or flame other users in public or in private.

As stated in the posting behavior, any instances of flaming, trolling, harassment or any other behaviors deemed offensive or inappropriate are strictly prohibited. This extends to conduct in PM correspondences. Any Private Messages that contain offensive or inflammatory content should be forwarded to any of the forum moderators found on the Forum Staff and Staff Assistants List.

Post #: 2
1/10/2013 16:09:04   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

In a notice, AKs provide a quote of the post (or sections that broke the rules) in the PM. That's what is meant to happen. An AK may have overlooked this at some point, accidentally, but that is what usually happens.
DF  Post #: 3
1/10/2013 23:00:50   
PBlades

I suppose clarification might be in order. The post itself touches upon one of the topics in probation. It wasn't rude, and the person that deleted it says that permission must be asked from Eukara Vox before the subject can be discussed. The reason it was deleted for wasn't even the primary point of the post- a 5 minute edit would have sufficed to remove the elements one might consider inappropriate.

The post itself was an opening post for a new thread in OOC.

quote:

In a notice, AKs provide a quote of the post (or sections that broke the rules) in the PM. That's what is meant to happen. An AK may have overlooked this at some point, accidentally, but that is what usually happens.

Very well. If it's an accident, then I can't fault them for it.

Apologies for the confusion,
PBlades
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Post Deletion
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition