Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tiered Teasure Hunter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Tiered Teasure Hunter
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2013 19:49:56   
Xendran

Treasure Hunter at 25,000
Treasure Hunter II at 50,000
Teasure Hunter III at 100,000
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/10/2013 20:17:24   
VanitySixx

Supported. I'd like to start collecting weapons again and see how far I can get with it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/10/2013 20:29:10   
Mother1

I don't see why not. It would award those who have plenty of items, but for the sake of non variums they should get more inventory slots as well since they may not be able to hold enough for the final cheevo.
Epic  Post #: 3
1/10/2013 20:30:56   
hijinks

@^ Agreed.

Also, I kinda like this Treasure Hunter idea. Was this implemented before?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/10/2013 20:32:20   
Xendran

Base inventory slots should be 25 and increase by 1 every time you level up past 25.

quote:

Also, I kinda like this Treasure Hunter idea. Was this implemented before?

Yeah, you can have your inventory appraised for 500 credits.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
1/10/2013 20:42:03   
NDB

@Mother1 @Xendran Agreed. Non-var would find this impossible, especially with Ebil Hazard Husk going Rare. I mean, it'd be quite hard for a varium player to hit 100,000 unless they've been here for quite a while, especially since it is technically impossible to reach such a Rarity Score without increasing slots. Therefore, you are adding a Varium cost to get this achievement maxed and it becomes a little unreasonable. Also, the ratings would also get a little insane, if the lowest one is already 2582 (which I think is a little crazy, even now). I think that you should make them lower, so Non-vars have a chance and we could lower the Ratings on the first one, so that the highest one won't be like 5,000...
Maybe like this..?
Treasure Hunter at 15,000 -1,750 Rating Points
Treasure Hunter II at 35,000 -2,500 Rating Points
Teasure Hunter III at 75,000 -3,500 Rating Points

< Message edited by NDB -- 1/10/2013 20:44:27 >
Epic  Post #: 6
1/10/2013 20:51:07   
Xendran

I was actually thinking 835, 1670, 3340 for the achievments.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
1/10/2013 20:52:17   
NDB

Then that would mean that people with 2582 Ratings already will suddenly now only have 835? Wow... People will be pretty pissed, especially those hard working non-vars. All that hard earned Rarity Score for those guys will all go down the drain when the Rating drop by over a third of the original.

And it's also crazy to have the achievement double it's Rating Points in one step. The scaling is way too fast. I based my suggestion on the Epic Stylist Achievement Tier.

Just by looking at your Skill Core suggestions, I can tell your more of a creative person than a thoughtful person (no offense). Tons of outstanding ideas, including this one, yet none properly thought out. Maybe you should leave that to other people.

< Message edited by NDB -- 1/10/2013 21:01:04 >
Epic  Post #: 8
1/10/2013 21:05:08   
Xendran

Actually, it's not specifically doubling any time, it's 1/30th of of the rarity points.
Also, i perosnaly believe the current treasure hunter is massively overvalued.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
1/10/2013 21:05:23   
Mother1

I have to agree with NDB on that one. I gained that cheevo when I was a non varium and even though I am a varium now I would be upset if my cheevo went down in rating. Why not just increase the scaling based on the original one? It would be fair to those who already have this one.
Epic  Post #: 10
1/10/2013 21:06:27   
Xendran

I don't care about the actual numbers, that was just a quick suggestion. You guys can figure that out.

The reason i didn't put much into the actual numbers is because rating points don't actually mean anything to me, so i don't know what is worth what to most players.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
1/10/2013 21:10:43   
NDB

@Xendran What do you mean not doubling? 1670 is not twice 835? 3340 is not double of 1670?
I agree that it is unbalanced as it is right now, but to make people lose two third of their Rating Points, 1747 Points to be exact, is way too much. In the way I scaled it, the player would have to get 10,000 more Rarity Score than now in order to get the 2500. That will anger some, but overall, it's a lot more fair than what your saying, and it will make it much easier for non-vars, since the first one is much lower now.

I know you don't care much, and are only out for suggesting, as I pointed out before, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it further. Criticizing is a good thing, if in the end it's better.

< Message edited by NDB -- 1/10/2013 21:13:19 >
Epic  Post #: 12
1/10/2013 21:23:48   
Xendran

quote:

@Xendran What do you mean not doubling? 1670 is not twice 835? 3340 is not double of 1670?
I agree that it is unbalanced as it is right now, but to make people lose two third of their Rating Points, 1747 Points to be exact, is way too much. In the way I scaled it, the player would have to get 10,000 more Rarity Score than now in order to get the 2500. That will anger some, but overall, it's a lot more fair than what your saying, and it will make it much easier for non-vars, since the first one is much lower now.

I know you don't care much, and are only out for suggesting, as I pointed out before, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it further.
Criticizing is a good thing, if in the end it's better.

The crossed-out stuff was posted because of a misunderstanding so im going to just address it with this: When i said i don't care, i also said that im going to leave it to you guys. I never once said that my numbers are good.

Now for the rest:

1. Yes it's double, but the formula has nothing to do with doubling. The only reason it doubles is because the amount required doubles. Like i said, i just arbitrarily chose 1/30th of the rarity points.
2. I'm aware that criticism is good, that's why i encouraged it by saying
quote:

that was just a quick suggestion. You guys can figure that out.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Tiered Teasure Hunter
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition