Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Leveling Down?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Leveling Down?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2013 23:57:03   
Xendran

quote:

, do something useful or beneficial to your life or career.

Like playing games so that you understand game design properly, for a career in game design.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 26
1/12/2013 0:25:33   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@xendran lol, he said its boring, so it clearly shows that he is not playing to have a career in game design, if he is then he won't even suggest this. understand the what the OP wanted first, before replying to my post :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/12/2013 1:22:14   
Xendran

Actually, as a game designer i can see the benefit to this: It allows for things like level-restricted pvp tournaments to be implemented, it allows for challenge attempts to see who can defeat bosses at the lowest possible level, etc.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 28
1/12/2013 2:09:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above those aren't connected to this, remember in omega they are taking out the restrictions, so level restricted tournaments should not be possible.
if you are bored with high level, it is best to just start a new alt.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/12/2013 2:28:20   
Xendran

I think you've completely misunderstood what they meant about restrictions. They actually said requirements, meaning stat requirements.
That has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do in any way, shape or form with level-restricted tournaments. AT ALL. Ever.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 30
1/12/2013 2:53:15   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above lets just say that i spoke to the devs about it, when i was chatting with them about new ideas for omega.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/12/2013 2:54:24 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/12/2013 2:59:34   
Xendran

You specifically spoke to them about level-restricted pvp tournaments and they explicitly said "never happening"? That's not something that the devs generally do.
Also, something to note: Information that people think only they have because they spoke to the devs is almost never exclusive. The things they don't want leaking don't get told as easily as you might think.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 32
1/12/2013 3:05:55   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above same as the class purchase that others suggested, i told the devs and they said it never crossed their mind, plus they said that they want most of the features in omega not restricted for a particular reason, so level restricted tournament will not be possible in my opinion, since everyone is basically equal in power.

quote:

level-restricted pvp tournaments to be implemented

directed at this, what sense does it make? its not like a level 15 player can face a level 35 in 1v1.

quote:

challenge attempts to see who can defeat bosses at the lowest possible level

this however i support, just not restricted to a certain level range.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/12/2013 3:08:55 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/12/2013 3:09:41   
Xendran

If the devs don't see the purpose of level-restricted tournaments, i guess that's their loss. It's going to be hard to keep tournaments interesting if it's always just "Bring your best gear and best build at max level".
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 34
1/12/2013 3:13:26   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above no there is no such thing as best gear or best build in omega since every build have a weakness due to the removal of enhancements, there is only the best strategy.
i think you should suggest it anyway, and see what others think.
anyways this is getting off topic...(AK please delete this and other of my off topic posts)

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/12/2013 3:14:39 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/12/2013 3:34:24   
Xendran

1. That's wrong, if resists and defence are flat, the game will eventually just imbalance itself again as the level cap raises
2. That's also not what i meant. I meant that restricting things to a lower level would make people come up with some interesting low level builds, and would be a good way to get experienced players fighting in those level brackets so that the devs get more balance feedback about those ranges.

And yeah, this is getting off-topic, because i actually don't care whether or not delevelling makes it in, i'm actually more interested in level restricted tournaments. I'm perfectly fine with having to reroll alts, because i'm used to playing permadeath games anyway.
I'll probably leave the suggetion out until much later in omega when they have a smaller workload.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 36
1/13/2013 7:22:34   
Dark Hyren

LOL ! Really funny. Level Down ? Do any other player wants to lvl down other than this bored guy? I guess not.

So, I DISAGREE !!

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 1/13/2013 21:06:28 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/13/2013 15:21:40   
Wonderweiss77

of course you don't, you are a low level yourself and you still have levels ahead of you =.=
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/13/2013 15:48:01   
Fortitudo

It really sounds like you just need to make a new character. Spend some of your "bored" time leveling a new toon and you'll get to your desired level soon enough.
Epic  Post #: 39
1/13/2013 16:24:17   
King Helios

*cough*2vs2 daily*cough*

Supported!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/13/2013 21:28:13   
CN2025

not supported for the delvl thing ol•'O'•lo
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/13/2013 22:13:26   
Xendran

quote:

*cough*2vs2 daily*cough*

Actually, this makes me not support this anymore. Low level 2v2 is always faster, turning this into a pay2win for the achievment.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 42
1/13/2013 22:54:15   
Wonderweiss77

um.... true .....didn't think of that. ok people who delevel are cannot to participate in LB events.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Leveling Down?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition