Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= DNs 8Jan2013, Smashdome Update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= DNs 8Jan2013, Smashdome Update!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2013 5:37:15   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

Randor the Red

January 08, 2013

Smashdome Update!

Sorry for this weeks release being late folks, as many of you know, we are a smaller team in comparison to the other AE games. While we do try to release weekly, it is not always possible, especially when dealing with bugs. This time around there was a minor issue due to flash compatibility and I will not release buggy updates if there is a way to fix the bugs first.

In this weeks release I will expand the possible PvP arenas in the Smashdome with the Smashmas arenas and the previously lost, but now found Aquatian arena. This is not a seasonal change, but a permanent change. I think of the Smashdome as a fight simulator where one can fight in any environment, at any time. On top of that, the changes I made to the menu will allow for a few more new zones to be added in the future!

Smashmas war! I updated the old war to go along with the update changes to the game this past year. This caused an odd overlap issue. After reworking some of the code, things are looking good and if all goes well next release will be just what is wanted, war! The war will be different from before, but better late than never!

We are also looking into the issue with the PvP leader-boards as some scores are not changing. Please report all bugs on the AE Forums!

Tags: Randor the Red Smashdome
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/12/2013 23:08:49   
linklink0091

i moved this comment from the last DNs thread as this wasnt made at the time, i reiterate i do not intend to hate/flame or whatever tickles your fancy, this is my blunt critisum (as well sorry for my ugly spelling .-.)

im HIGHLY disapointed in this... adding more (sepret) zones for brawl,3v3, and PD was just poor foresighte, the pvp groups are already small enough to the point we can barely get enough to load up 3v3 once every week on the thyton (lesser levels seem to enjoy the team work so i think you could have mabeh put two differnt 3v3 zones in the non chat server)...this oh just wow, it fits as a very poor placement of project goals, this could have waited till next smashmas if and i cant stress the word IF enough, if thier was some new story line update of somekind at least once every three weeks...i know the herosmash team is highly short staffed but the story line will get you more players then pvp will (espectly with the current problems of smashdome such as the incorrect math that came about during dumoose's anouncement of the over time skills haven elemental attrubuites, as well as minor tweaking of powers that could take no more then 2 or 5 hours of time to catorgiarize what needs buffed or nerfed or even adjusted, and another day ~work hours~ of tweaking those same powers and possably less)

now i know i come off as rude and a negtive nancy about this, i wanted to esspres my feelings about time/project mangajment choices and non of this was intented to attack certin ppl or players, but more then often i read onyl "postive" comments and remarks to differnt things about this game in this fourm, so i just wanted to state a blunt response to all the feed back about what i have heard outside this game on other fourms as well as my own personal thoughts, i really love this game and am willing to offer what i can to suport it but if it continues down its current path, it wont bring you money aside from those "event shops" and will edventuly cost more to do an upkeep of the game then it is from actule profits

again i rather play herosmash then anyother AE game due to its possable creativety in both looks and "classes/class types" and from what i can tell i havent seen another game out thier that lets you use custem powers or attacks or even heals to this extent
AQW  Post #: 2
1/13/2013 18:36:21   
Turquoise

I agree with Link, I don't think that the adding new areas was a good idea, we don't have enough players for all of these arenas, trying to find a game is a pain.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
1/14/2013 13:56:43   
plebster

I personally love the pvp arenas update, especially the smashmas royale and 3vs3 arenas because there aren't any silly obstacles to get stuck behind like there are in the normal pvp arenas. Though some people like the obstacles (I'm talking about things like that big rock in the middle of trader town brawl), but it gives us a choice of whether to have them or not (choice of pvp arena), which is really good. So thanks for update randor! :DDD
Also, do you know what's causing the non-updating score boards bug yet?

< Message edited by plebster -- 1/14/2013 13:58:57 >
AQW  Post #: 4
1/14/2013 14:14:15   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I don't see the problems with multiple arenas. If you don't have people in one then go to another.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/14/2013 15:11:23   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I believe I shall clarify the worries of the people decrying the new arenas, which are twofold:

One, while that behavior would be entirely logical to most people, humans being individuals will not always opperate based on that advice, Mallet. There will at any one point in time thusly be more likelihood for there to be stubborn or supersticious stragglers trying to get into one specific match type. Keep in mind a rather limited pool of participants, and that problem is exponentially worse than it would be if there were a greater PvP playerbase. Thus, those that do actively/constantly PvP will on average be more inclined to frustration.

Secondly, releasing such content (even if it might be relatively simple to edit current intrfaces/base platforms to put up the controls for choosing one, and at the very least the first one or two PvP arenas allowed in such choices [in addition to the originals, of course], it still takes up man-hours) creates the public image of working on things that (while in the long-run beneficial, assuming player population picks up) are unnecessary and counter-productive to completion of significant (ie. storyline, powers, or other additional content that provides entirely new aspects of the game, such as secret identities/jobs) releases, which are- buy-in-large -the most desired things that could be provided to the players.

If anyone has been wondering how I know all these things, I was an early Beta Tester in Epic Duel, immediately after it was released as an AE game: I spent months and months on that game during parallel slumps in releases to this one. Many weeks at a time, there was absolutely nothing in the way of releases, and there were rather few DN's. This is where I started out as a weapon designer, but I was also one of the most well-known players, and one of the most respected, as well. I was the one who popularized the "Mercenary Gamma Bot Build", which I did through hours of research into what stats would be the best, and then many hours more testing it in duels against many of the best players the game had to offer (in Oz 8, and then 7, I believe), and winning ~85-90% of the time for most players. At the time, that build gave a significant advantage against Tech Mages, which had been up to that point the bane of Mercenaries. In fact, I believe my first battle with it was against Elf Priestess Jzaanu, one of the best TM's in the game, who I believe is a moderator there, now (although I could be wrong).

Back on subject (as I hate to brag, and I don't want to get into that pride-filled abyss any deeper), I was an active forum member, during that time. I was untill the end of the original Epic Duel forums.
It experienced the exact same stagnation as currently, except with quite a few more players involved. There were massive rage-fests against the developers. Many of the releases largely were filled with bug fixes. Others were new game content that basically did nothing but make it get more competitive and less fun, with more overall rudeness or absolute silence in battle (I'm looking at you, various leaderboards... CURSE YOU, FAME FOR FAME NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!). The silence was the worst. Witty banter was one of my favorite parts of that game, as well as natural conversation in Oz 8 and 7. It was the equivalent of Overlook-1 (except that it also had a good deal of people who would challenge you to duel every once in a while). It still might be; I'm not sure.
As things dragged on, more and more of the veterans from the early game just... left- similar to our forumite situation, I suppose, but worse, perhaps. Hard to say.
I had many friend over there; it hurt, seeing them go. Then, after being tired of spending so much money, and being tired of the lack of updates, I left, and came here. And that was that.

That game eventually got better. I wish to use my knowledge and experience at being a voice of reason and wisdom to help this game improve, and "ease the transition, so to speak, if there is one, as I believe there will be.
DF  Post #: 6
1/14/2013 18:41:25   
linklink0091

quote:

I don't think that the adding new areas was a good idea, we don't have enough players for all of these arenas, trying to find a game is a pain.
found from the last DN thread, my exact point in a nut shell, i would be for this all day if thier was a larger pvp mass but most the time i log in (3 to 15 hours at a time depending on the day and what i intend to do on the game) i spend a lot of time in smashdome attemping to chat with other pvpers i know semily well and share the same sportmenship i do as well as a few of my moral vaules (such as dont overly "punish" the lower levels and or use of incorrect math builds) and sit and watch the ques and activty level of the game....and with these long release spans it averages out to 30-80 (80 on a weekend) on each server....as i said before poor use of time, but a great idea non the less but it could have waited till the player count was a bit higher, mabeh up to 60-150 players on each server, becuase as MD seems to fail to see is often enough pvp has inactive periods becuase of lack of players and or other ppl messing up ques or even that odd out of snyc bug that says your are in que and you are to others but you personly dont see other players go in that same que

its all these varables and a few others that make joining in to a actule pvp game harder then it really should be, even in the non chat server (while it isnt as bad thier as per the inactivty periods they still happen) while EVERY other pvp base game i go join i can get in a pvp match within 5 mins or less, as drak pointed out thier are pvp nuts that refuse to change thier ways (i am more inlikely one of them) but i only point these flaws out so the AE staff might read this and think "hey he has a point if the player based increase then our PVP BASED GAME would profit mroe with the rise of player count" (after all the player count is importent to keep a game running, higher count means higher chance for revenue as well as advertisement to your other games and even more possable projects that arent fueled by aqw/aq/df/ed

i mean you are more likely to make money from the SC powers (if you kept a stedy stream of balanced/reasonable powers ) then anything in the game if level caps were as high as level 50 becuase of each SC power costing the same and those with a bit of cash will spend it on said power if it fits thier style or thier want to do some higher damage

side note i know it is off topic but gawsh darn i love my 4000 song play list :P it played land of confussion by genesis while i wrote this

AQW  Post #: 7
1/18/2013 17:30:27   
plebster

as of now (literally only just happened), about 4 joins after the restart, when i log in it says 'loading maps... failed'. i dunno if it's doing this for everyone, but if it is, it's bad.

the numbers of players online is slowly depreciating, so i think it's affecting everyone, 44 players to 28 players in the last few minutes.

EDIT: just went form 22 to 26, must just be on my computer :/

< Message edited by plebster -- 1/18/2013 17:36:42 >
AQW  Post #: 8
1/18/2013 18:24:06   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

To all whom it may concern:

I have figured out a solution to the problem of logging in and experiencing map loading failure.

Type /goto <map name> , and you will be brought elsewhere. It would seem only Overlook is glitched, but I have not checked many maps. (oh, and the player number thing actually exists; it was at 15, when I logged on, on Tython, and 6 on Jemini)

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 1/18/2013 18:25:07 >
DF  Post #: 9
1/18/2013 18:59:35   
Postmaster General

Please remember everyone that bugs go in the Bugs Forum. The General Discussion forum is for General Discussion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/19/2013 3:20:02   
plebster

sorry posty, it's just that the HS gd gets checked more than the bugs section, and it was quite an urgent bug TBH. sorry.
Also, the reason this war is going up so quick unlike the BP is because the mutant snowballs are temporary items. Most people dont accept BP votes i think because they take up bag space and most serious pvpers don't have any bag space to offer, unless they're are super rich.

Anyway, thanks for the quick bug fix! :DD

< Message edited by plebster -- 1/19/2013 3:21:06 >
AQW  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= DNs 8Jan2013, Smashdome Update!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition