Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blood Magic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Blood Magic
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2013 7:45:39   
Xendran

Since one of the planned features for the omega phase (Not launch, don't even try to comment on this saying "this isnt coming on omega launch") is the removal of overlap skills, it's time for blood mage to get their real primary passive, blood magic.

This is under the assumption that they stick with their removal of all repeat skills, meaning bloodlust will be out of the tree.
The only thing that i would insist of this skill is it's location being in tier 4, as to prevent people from being forced to take such a build-changing skill to access something else.

Blood Magic
Removes all energy, costs are instead paid with health. Increasing your maximum energy reduces the HP cost of skills.
Scaling: Cost of skills is reduced the higher the level Blood Magic is. (Cost multiplier)

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 1/19/2013 10:10:34 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/19/2013 7:47:08   
theholyfighter

Explain this plse.
quote:

Removes all energy, costs are paid with health.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/19/2013 7:53:41   
rayniedays56

I think it is like a secondary skill, one that is activated.

Like, you use up all of your EP to heal
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/19/2013 7:56:06   
Xendran

...how is it a secondary skill when i very clearly state Primary Passive in the post? It works like blood magic in every other game: You lose all of your energy, and you now cast from your HP pool.
Note: Do not attempt to claim imbalance, no numbers are provided and a cost modifier is present, making it completely scaleable in power.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
1/19/2013 7:58:12   
rayniedays56

OH ok. Your lack of explanation there threw me off :)

I thought it was like "sacrifice all your EP to heal x%, which would be a good idea, except it is...you know...not a passive.

However, it sounds viable. Certianly would be nice to see.

This negates BL, correct? Or DA?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/19/2013 7:58:40   
theholyfighter

Ah so I see it's an "idea".
According to what I understand, you use up all your energy. Since then, you use your skills at the cost of health.
For sure, an energy requirement is needed. Or else one with 1 energy uses it is not good...
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/19/2013 8:00:21   
Xendran

Yeah, i meant to post this in suggestions.

quote:

Ah so I see it's an "idea".
According to what I understand, you use up all your energy. Since then, you use your skills at the cost of health.
For sure, an energy requirement is needed. Or else one with 1 energy uses it is not good...

What? It's passive... if you have it equipped it removes your energy permanently.

@Rayn: Both bloodlust and deadly aim should be replaced since they're both overlapped, so it doesn't really matter. I'd put it as a tier 4 though.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/19/2013 8:01:34 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
1/19/2013 8:02:50   
theholyfighter

Then what's the point of Blood Mages investing points into their energy pool if it's passive?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/19/2013 8:03:39   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Note: Do not attempt to claim imbalance, no numbers are provided and a cost modifier is present, making it completely scaleable in power.

Doesnt matter if numbers arent provided it will still be OP no matter what the numbers are.

Current energy drainers can reach -43 (base energy amount) only when theyre maxed.
And you want someone to be able to do that in lvl 1?
No matter how much the scaling will be, it will always be OP.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/19/2013 8:03:44   
Xendran

quote:

Then what's the point of Blood Mages investing points into their energy pool if it's passive?

If they want to invest in their energy pool, they don't go with blood magic, just like how back when not every build had 900000 stats, casters didn't use deadly aim, and hunters with minimal support didn't/don't use shadow arts.

quote:

Doesnt matter if numbers arent provided it will still be OP no matter what the numbers are.

Current energy drainers can reach -43 (base energy amount) only when theyre maxed.
And you want someone to be able to do that in lvl 1?
No matter how much the scaling will be, it will always be OP.

This is not even remotely close to what this skill does, i already explained it.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/19/2013 8:05:36 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
1/19/2013 8:04:39   
rayniedays56

I would say replace it with BL since BL and Blood Magic would benefit each other too greatly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/19/2013 8:06:19   
theholyfighter

Blood Magic seems to give Blood Mages nearly unlimited energy at the cost of Blood Lust...
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/19/2013 8:06:27   
Xendran

quote:

I would say replace it with BL since BL and Blood Magic would benefit each other too greatly.

I already said that both of the old passives are likely to be replaced, one of the goals of omega is to remove all repeat skills (Except field medic) from the evolved classes.

quote:

Blood Magic seems to give Blood Mages nearly unlimited energy at the cost of Blood Lust...

Gonna explain to me how you have infinite energy when both you and your enemy are dealing damage to your casting pool with no bloodlust?

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/19/2013 8:07:39 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
1/19/2013 8:07:31   
theholyfighter

How about keeping this thread until Omega...So many ideas b4 Omega that's more likely to be ineffective in Omega...
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/19/2013 8:08:11   
rayniedays56

Hmmm...

Looks great then Xendran

Any requirements?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/19/2013 8:10:12   
Xendran

Specific numbers are the devs jobs, as we have no publically announced intended values for turn cost, passive power or skill cost ratios
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
1/19/2013 8:10:20   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Sorry xendran but i dont see the point is this passive.
Explain it more because this is what i understand from it.

me 43 energy
I use Blood magic
Me 0 energy
and then?
Epic  Post #: 17
1/19/2013 8:11:25   
rayniedays56

You now are able to cast your skills directly from your HP bar.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/19/2013 8:11:25   
Xendran

quote:

Sorry xendran but i dont see the point is this passive.
Explain it more because this is what i understand from it.

me 43 energy
I use Blood magic
Me 0 energy
and then?

...You dont 'use' passives, they are always in effect if points are put into them.
I have already explained this enough times. Reread the thread if you do not understand the function of the skill.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/19/2013 8:12:05 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
1/19/2013 8:13:48   
theholyfighter

Activatable Passives? Maybe a whole new set of skills type (other than Active, Passive) that can be added to ED and other classes...
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/19/2013 8:17:02   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Xendran
If you said it like raynie did, i would immediatly understand. Dont forget, not everyone here is english so some cant follow your explanations.

And now i understand it, not supported.
I could just get like 300 hp and that would count as my health and energy bar. A no no.
Epic  Post #: 21
1/19/2013 8:17:25   
Xendran

quote:

Activatable Passives? Maybe a whole new set of skills type (other than Active, Passive) that can be added to ED and other classes...

I have explicitly stated multiple times that you do not activate this skill.

quote:

And now i understand it, not supported.
I could just get like 300 hp and that would count as my health and energy bar. A no no.

Yes, because max energy blood mages work so well, especially with 1 point per EP/HP, right? Especially since you'd be taking MASSIVE damage every turn and dealing none, using skills would just kill you even faster.
Your claim is a very far stretch, as that build would flat out not work.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/19/2013 8:20:04 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
1/19/2013 8:22:41   
Dreiko Shadrack

I came up with a similar idea a while back, except it was the class ultimate skill and it also passively boosted hp amount.

support +1
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/19/2013 8:22:48   
theholyfighter

quote:

Sounds a bit OPED.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 1/19/2013 8:23:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/19/2013 8:24:47   
Xendran

@theholyfigher i have already explained that not only is it not overpowered innately, it has a cost multiplier on it that (which changes as you level the skill) can either be positive or negative depending on what's required.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/19/2013 8:25:08 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Blood Magic
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition