Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Difference between asking/begging a fame

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Difference between asking/begging a fame
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/21/2013 11:31:10   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

All of you people that say all people that ask for fame are beggers.

Well you are wrong.

Asking a fame is when you ask 1 time, nothings wrong by asking 1/2 times.

If someone's say f4f so many times (4+) and begs like 'f4f please' then thats an official fame.

I'm really angry about this, I only ask once and some people say I beg. Whats wrong by asking once (mostly I do, not all the time), and calling that begging.

What mindless things you say before you say its a beg
Epic  Post #: 1
1/21/2013 11:36:26   
Remorse

To me the difference between begging and asking is as soon as someone says "no thanks" and the person continues eg. says PLEASE after the answer of no thanks then it becomes a beg.

But honestly my biggest hope is if the feature is changed so people dont need to ask at all then gathering areas can be left for chatting rather then bombardment of fame requests.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/21/2013 11:37:36 >
Epic  Post #: 2
1/21/2013 11:40:53   
Calogero

Asking and Begging for fame are in my point of view the same thing ;)

in the way of not asking just 1 person, no you ask and then go to ask at the next person
and then the next person... Tell a Homeless guy that he isn't begging when he's doing
the above said thing.

Never asked for 1 fame and I still got 1000 fame so clearly it can be done without asking/begging for it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/21/2013 11:43:13   
  Exploding Penguin

I think the original idea of fame was meant to be a merit system, and now it's turned into something terrible. Whenever I enter Oz7 every day, I'm buffeted by a STORM of f4fs (about 5 each time) which is really irritating because you have to respond since it's rude not to, but you don't really give a care. I'm glad some people fame others without asking for fame themselves, because that really exemplifies what I think the fame system was originally made to do.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/21/2013 11:44:22   
Smackie El Frog

Same difference. However, there are ways to get fame without asking/begging.

There is a group in Facebook run by a player, Black Trust which has sometimes 50+ people a day faming each other WITHOUT anyone spamming f4f or begging for it. Easiest way to get to 10k fame for any character regardless of popularity or level.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 1/21/2013 11:45:20 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/21/2013 12:58:31   
Lycan.

@ Smackie
Can you PM me the link please, i cant find the page.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/21/2013 13:02:55   
LatinLover/Martini

I wish people asked like mother1 :X she does it nicely and lets people know who doesnt fame. #Respect
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/21/2013 13:05:25   
8x

Begging
quote:

Him: 8x
Him: f4f
Me: No.

Asking
quote:

Him: Hi
Him: Would you mind giving me some fame? I need it for *insert a reason here*.
Me: Yea, sure.
Him: Thanks
Epic  Post #: 8
1/21/2013 13:19:16   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Lycan
http://www.facebook.com/groups/322844427732471/592286394121605/?notif_t=group_activity
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/21/2013 13:23:12   
Mother1

My view on fame is the same as remorse's if you ask once and the person says no, and you leave it be then you are asked one and said no. However when the person asks again after the person says no then they are a fame beggar.

@ latin

I only do that if I know the person doesn't do fame, said they don't do fame to me or someone else, or if they are on my buddy list and are being swarmed with unwanted fame asking/begging.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/21/2013 13:25:57 >
Epic  Post #: 10
1/21/2013 16:42:21   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

It is begging when you go to a place and ask everyone seperately.
When they go to a place and say f4f in general, and only once. Then and only then it is asking.

Just like calogero said, with this good example of a homeless person.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/21/2013 17:16:53   
willendorf

Asking multiple times in a battle is begging, whether they get a reply or not. Once is just asking.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/21/2013 17:38:15   
Wootz

In my view, it's both the same. Got 990 without ever asking, begged for 10 to get the 1,000 fame cheevo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/21/2013 18:04:59   
willendorf

How does everyone get fame without asking?
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/21/2013 18:07:50   
One Winged Angel1357

If someone says F4F(in any form) I will open their character page but say nothing and if they don't ask again I consider it not begging and fame them during the loading screen and searching screen. However if they ask multiple times or just ask in a nasty way I consider it begging and ignore it.

That is the difference for me asking nicely once is asking anything is begging

willendorf If you make youtube videos that people actually watch you cna get fame off of that. Some alliance members fame the rest of the alliance out of the goodness of their hearts. Or when someone says F4F you just say sure and you get fame for them asking

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 1/21/2013 18:09:22 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/21/2013 18:07:55   
Wootz

Videos, Twitter, Foruming, being awesome in-game etc.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/21/2013 18:14:35   
Vypie

When my headstyle won a place in the SpookyHead contest, it got featured in the design notes page. Suddenly I got a boost in fames. o.o
Epic  Post #: 17
1/21/2013 18:17:51   
willendorf

Thanks for the advice
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Difference between asking/begging a fame
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition