Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Bounty Pistol Problems

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Bounty Pistol Problems
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/21/2013 13:11:33   
LatinLover/Martini

Servers were already full stuffed wth people of all ages... and levels.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/21/2013 13:12:20   
  Exploding Penguin

@Banir: I don't really agree with the first part of what you said, you make it sound like the players who got it benefit off of the fact that their timezone was advantageous, and I find this ridiculous in terms of equality and fairness to all players. I do agree about the last part of those who tried very hard and still couldn't get it though. There definitely would be a lot of complaining, but that's inevitable considering there's only 500 that were given away.

@Lycan. I most certainly think they should atleast give half a day warning before, if not more. What the staff did would pretty much be the same as making all promos limited quantity and free at 500 quantity, and say good luck to everyone else. Considering most releases are given at around the same time, this would most definitely be unfair to other people's locations given their timezones. Most releases are friday in the afternoons. If someone has something they need to do every friday in the afternoon, this would happen multiple times to them and it would just go to downright frustration and unfairness.
Epic  Post #: 27
1/21/2013 13:23:48   
8x

@Mother1
Before they were giving free boosters, now the item was a serious rare. Rares and achievements mean a lot to some ED players, devs can't just drop something like that on us... I'm sure some of the people would gladly pay up to 5k varium for an item like this.

I just think devs should think things through when it comes to stuff like this. Because they make mistakes like this one quite often. Usually they make a mistake, people complain about it on the forums and then they usually just give in to what players ask for. No offense to the devs, I'm sure that they are really busy with the omega update.

It's interesting that pretty much everyone on this thread who has the bounty pistol thinks that it's fine how devs gave out the code. I wonder what your posts would look like if you didn't know about the code giveaway until it was too late. ;)

< Message edited by 8x -- 1/21/2013 13:24:01 >
Epic  Post #: 28
1/21/2013 13:44:50   
Mother1

@ 8x

But still my point still remains valid. You never know what they are going to give away with each code until someone says what they won. Plus they didn't even say what they were giving away the second time around only the first since it was in the code.

Plus if they did what you and the OP wanted then it would ruin the surprise if they wanted to do it on a whim for the so purpose that if they throw a code without warning you know it is a common item but if they give warning you know it is a rare. Do you really think people would go after codes if they had an idea of what is coming because of this warning system? I don't think so it would wreak it since part of the reason why they don't tell is to keep the element of surprise.

As for my response to your reply. My would have been oh well better luck next time to be honest with you.
Epic  Post #: 29
1/21/2013 13:50:55   
Banir

Honestly, I would have preferred if they gave out another Seasonal Rare. Giving away rare items in such short notices makes people unhappy. If it were a higher leveled item that anyone could get, be it now or when the holiday it was in came around, no one would be complaining. And I don't think anyone is about Too Big! It's too bad that not everyone could get one, but the way they set it up makes that impossible.
Epic  Post #: 30
1/21/2013 14:04:12   
  Exploding Penguin

@mother: I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm just going to state this bluntly. There was no luck involved. Quoting you,

"Oh well, better luck next time."

The word luck doesn't even apply because I was asleep for the whole thing. An hour after I went to sleep, the announcement came up, and while I was still asleep, the items were being given away. I mean, what the heck? I had a 0% chance of getting it, and I'm sure the same applied for other members as well. Luck can't be involved if there aren't any chances, and that ended up happening to a lot of people. It had very little to do with luck, and the actual execution of the giveaway was unfair and unjust. Notice how pretty much all updates/events have happened in the afternoon. Particularly friday afternoon, given the staff members' time zone. Meaning that if there are multiple events such as these which require "luck", I think I can see how a timezone difference will have a permanent negative effect on several players.
Epic  Post #: 31
1/21/2013 14:23:41   
Darkwing

if it was like 1 gun per player, than that would be okay, but players are greedy and get like 10 guns for all their alts, each, some they will never use. so most of those guns are going to trash.

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 1/21/2013 14:24:24 >
Post #: 32
1/21/2013 14:27:48   
blade98

^Agreed.
I got trolled by twitter..it didn't refresh and I waited another minute thinking he didn't post it..then after 2 minutes I refreshed the page (manually...) and saw that the code was posted 2 mins ago..thanks twitter..Next time they could send the code in-game.That would be more fair..and I think it will reduce people getting items for each of their alts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/21/2013 14:29:56   
RyIke

@Darkwing
I have to agree with you on that, while i may of gotten the gun on my main I do have other characters who could of used it. But I did not get on those as I don't play those as much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/21/2013 14:43:52   
Mother1

@ darkwing

Some did it for the rarity value for their alts, but at the same time I can agree with this statement. If they did it that way 500 different master accounts would have gotten the item.

@ exploding

At your comment you are right I choose bad words. However it is no different then you win some you lose some in regards to this, and a warning system of any kind would just take attention away from certain codes while putting more attention on others.

Around the time of the give away there were 3 servers open and 2 of them were packed and this was with 3 hours of warning. Image if there was more warning. All the servers would be packed and then there would be people complaining because they couldn't get on to get the prize. So no matter what their would be complaining. The only way to truly stop it would be

A) make it so everyone could get it which would defeat the purpose of it being ultra rare
B) don't give away anymore items but with this people would feel a way and blame others for this as well.
Epic  Post #: 35
1/21/2013 14:45:42   
hijinks

I wish they had a more organized way of doing this instead of just yelling it out on twitter. But eh, at the end of the day, it's just a pistol (even if I like it A LOT).
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/21/2013 16:55:59   
ReinXI

whats the point of the argument about it "defeating the purpose of it being ultra rare" if they gave it out for one day sure plenty of people would get it but it would only be there for ONE DAY so anyone who wasn't on/ starts the game after that day is up they will never have a chance and it gives everybody a chance to get it no matter the time zone.
Epic  Post #: 37
1/21/2013 17:10:12   
Mother1

@ rein

While I can agree with you on that one, the staff only intended for 500 people to have this item since they were giving it away so no matter what this could have never been an all day thing.
Epic  Post #: 38
1/21/2013 17:27:07   
ReinXI

yes I understand they only wanted X amount of the gun to exist but it isn't exactly fair to everybody for the simple fact there is a lot of factors
that contribute to essentially people getting screwed by the way the codes work. Like me for example ( I wasn't even online/ didn't know so
I didn't have a chance anyways ) I have satellite internet so that causes a delay on the simplest things due to the signal going up down back up and back down
instead of across a land line. So twitter would have updated slightly later for me than someone with a better connection if at all. So even if somebody
knew about the giveaway and was standing there ready to get the code still might get screwed just because there connections not as fast as other peoples
Plus like x8 said some people would die to have awesome rares ( me being one of them unfortunately ) but oh well I will live it still just seems
silly to only offer 500 of them especially if multiple people got 1 of the 500 on 5 alts etc which makes it even more unfair.
Epic  Post #: 39
1/21/2013 17:28:05   
Wootz

I can't see a problem in generousity.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/21/2013 17:31:55   
Ranloth
Banned

Problem seems to be the scarcity of weapons, because generousity must include everyone not just chosen 500. Treat these weapons as if they were a private good with a little bit of rarity included.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
1/21/2013 17:35:19   
Wootz

It wasn't chosen 500, it was completly random. And about the timing, it was announced both on Twatter and EpicDuels homepage, so I can't really find it a problem. It was midnight for me, I didn't complain and I got myself a new Dark Star in Omega.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/21/2013 17:37:17   
Ranloth
Banned

Chosen 500 = those 500 players who could redeem it. I know it was random.
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
1/21/2013 17:38:59   
Mother1

@ wootz

OP brought this up because they decided to throw an ultra rare item out and they didn't give fair enough warning IHO (in his opinion) even though they gave 3 hours warning which is something the staff never had done when they throw codes at us.

Epic  Post #: 44
1/21/2013 17:41:54   
Wootz

Mother,
Better to get a warning, then not get it. If there was none half of us here wouldn't get it. Buuuut, it's nice of them, a little present to the community.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/21/2013 17:49:20   
King Helios

quote:

Twatter

Ahem.

I think it was fine, but they should make lesser quantities and treat them like restocks (w/time zones)

< Message edited by King Helios -- 1/21/2013 18:14:55 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/21/2013 17:55:19   
Wootz

Lol!
I like your thinking.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/21/2013 19:27:44   
kaiseryeux21

im sure the staff already knew our concern and i guess they are doing something to ease a little bit of dissapointment to some players (inlcuding me lols). i just hope i can get other weapon for the next prize code.
DF Epic  Post #: 48
1/21/2013 20:10:19   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Had I not gotten it, I wouldn't really mind
It's not that amazing in art, and only level 25 ish

I would gladly sell mine for 5k varium
If someone wants to talk about a mod to switch 5k of your varium for my pistol, be my guest

< Message edited by Blaze The Aion Ender -- 1/21/2013 20:11:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/21/2013 20:21:29   
Rayman
Banned

^
The art is very nice for me, it doesn't fit ed so well, but still is very good art.
Off topic: You gotta check the thread from ed suggestions, the delete name one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Bounty Pistol Problems
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition