Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Video Update - January 22, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Video Update - January 22, 2013
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2013 22:50:02   
SouL Prisoner

Sry, but wats this prize thingy all about ?? :S
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/22/2013 23:00:53   
kaiseryeux21

^crimson scimitar dude. bet u missed it again.xd
DF Epic  Post #: 27
1/22/2013 23:50:19   
SouL Prisoner

What prize code ?? When ?? I got no twit from nightwraith about a code, :S .. is it expired ??

What's the code ??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/23/2013 0:11:27   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

^ Watch the vid and you will see the code.
Epic  Post #: 29
1/23/2013 0:28:11   
SouL Prisoner

Oh great, I can't watch until next 1 hours :(

In class ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/23/2013 1:24:29   
Remorse

^ The prize code has expired anyway.

And the video explains everything we already know.
Epic  Post #: 31
1/23/2013 1:49:19   
Ranloth
Banned

Well, this one was "fair" like some people wanted. No one was aware of the code at the end of the video, and the video was shared on YouTube (subscribers), Twitter and Facebook, followed by Forum as well as some people have posted whilst it was still working. Sure timing wasn't good for some but it was fair.

My 5 chars got one so! In terms of the video, it looks quite promising so far. Hope the Devs found Credit:Varium ratio that will be fixed and applied to all items as well as features, so pricing will be fair.
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
1/23/2013 1:52:31   
Remorse

^

It is in no way different from the other prize code...

If you thought the first set were fair then you would think this is fair,

I however still think both sets were unfair because both times it was done whilst my side of the world was asleep.
Epic  Post #: 33
1/23/2013 1:57:52   
Ranloth
Banned

But here, no one was even aware a code will be given. It was midnight here, I was going to go sleep before the video was released but decided to stay up just for it. You could get it if you wanted, we were told about the video yesterday or even the day before, so you missed the video not me. So notice was given by the Devs, just no one was aware of the code but that's individual's problem.

It's free item anyway, available at NightWraith's. Don't see a problem with you not going to buy it now, why won't you? Because you gotta pay? Appreciate some got it. It was much bigger quantity than usual as well, not mere 500. 'Twas awailable at least 10 minutes after video release & 500 of Guns ran out roughly in a minute. So you know.
Not mentioning pretty much everyone were told the code (FB, Twitter, YT, Forum) so it wasn't aimed at specific group. If you feel like you missed out on the Sword, buy it at NW's.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
1/23/2013 2:17:54   
SouL Prisoner

Dam, only 306 views and code already expired?? can't they at least put 500-600 quantity ??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/23/2013 2:27:30   
Ranloth
Banned

Soul, video isn't updated as fast (views), sometimes it takes hours to reflect actual number. Code was shared by people on Twitter as a code (normal members) as well as in-game by players. Since it took 10 minutes after the video to get it + I've seen people tweeting it + saying in-game, there was much more than last time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
1/23/2013 2:32:05   
Baydraze

So basically I went to the most active places on the servers to ask almost 100 ppl to subscribe to the edchannel. I did this for an hour or so. Then it was 1.00 pm here in the netherlands so it surely wad time to sleep. Now I wake up and see the vid was released and I Again am too late to get a prize. Basically you have to live in the right timezone to enjpy from these prizes. What is the point of giving them away like this. The fastest persons get the codes first on twitter, but the ppl who are sleeping then ofcourse get nothing. I thought codes would be given in different timezones right? Basicau ppl use the codes on all their account which is not fair.
Epic  Post #: 37
1/23/2013 3:26:33   
gangster a

seems interesting but how will it work out when the players try it
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/23/2013 3:40:02   
comicalbike

will we want to try it
release was comeing just before xmas
only lots bugs to fix
now not finished refunds not fixed all things in omega not fixed so now bored and still waiting hope i like it after all this
Epic  Post #: 39
1/23/2013 4:48:51   
Unknown Menace

The video explanation made it alot easier to understand. Also i am aware of the disclaimer in the video, but those core prices are kinda high priced. Well unless there are no other major expenses for new gear (like enchancing) in that case it seems fair. If re-distributing stats which was like 250 credits is the only other expense.
Epic  Post #: 40
1/23/2013 5:31:19   
f4tal1tY

Yayy! Missed the code again! Love how my side of the world is always asleep when codes or restocks are released!

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 41
1/23/2013 6:23:42   
TurkishIncubus

Is the stat limit is 10 per stat?, in the video it seem max points you can give to a stat is 10 for an item. What will happen to the weapons with +24 tech or +11 str ?
Epic  Post #: 42
1/23/2013 6:26:25   
Ranloth
Banned

I believe the stat cap is level scaled to prevent abuse pretty much at any level. For example, +10 is a lot at lower levels since stats are low and they aren't affected by diminishing whilst at higher level, they scale slower thus smaller advantage.

This raises another question, will weapon leans be available? So for example, if 4 stat points = 1 damage, will I be able to ditch 4 stats to raise my weapon damage by +1? And vice versa, losing damage for more stats. Of course there'd be a cap for that as well so it won't be abused.
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
1/23/2013 6:43:52   
comicalbike

i would hope there is a new stat progression sheet with less stats for damage
Epic  Post #: 44
1/23/2013 7:00:11   
Remorse

^ Agreed, If stats are a similar amount to what they were in beta then I think it would be fine if stat progression was also the same as it was then.
Epic  Post #: 45
1/23/2013 7:51:18   
T.600

The best way to do the codes is like EA do them for UT13, but obviously a company as big as that would have a bit more common sense than a bunch of kids. You do something like: tweet us #ED, and in 24 hours a random winner will be chosen, and the codes will be DMed to him/her. That wasn't hard now, was it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/23/2013 8:12:18   
zion

T.600 : That may be more "fair" but this is a great method for having people be connected to ED 24/7... though don't know why they want to bring more attention to themselves right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/23/2013 8:13:17   
JariTheMighty

Will we be able to switch cores back and forth? The video didn't answer that.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 48
1/23/2013 8:20:08   
comicalbike

i would say you cant switch the cores as they said if you took them off you would lose them that's why they are locking them in the ones you have now
Epic  Post #: 49
1/23/2013 10:16:49   
Arcanis

Oppan ED style
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Video Update - January 22, 2013
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition