Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Way to get lq and rare items without a rush

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Way to get lq and rare items without a rush
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2013 15:58:05   
s0u1ja b0y

I think there should be like a token you can buy for half of an item that is limited quantity or is rare. Lets say u missed out on them restocking and all of the armor u want is gone ( like the harbringer armor). if u buy the token the next time it is restocked ur guaranteed the item. it could work in 2 ways: either a quest where you pay the other half of the credits or some way of combining 2 tokens. let me know what you think
Epic  Post #: 1
1/23/2013 16:04:51   
Mother1

Not supported.

Limited rares are called that for a reason. In other words with this it is first come first serve. Being able to reserve an item would take away from someone else who is on time to buy the item which wouldn't be fair in the least to that person.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/23/2013 16:08:17   
s0u1ja b0y

it would give everyone a shot instead of the same lvl 35s and it doesnt just have to be for limited quantity rares
Epic  Post #: 3
1/23/2013 16:16:35   
Mother1

@ souija boy

No it would give everyone a shot who has the tokens not everyone. The way it is now everyone has a fair shot at getting the item.

Also why would this work with anything other then limited rares and some seasonal rares that are limited? Remember rares, ultra rares, and some season rares are unlimited so there would be no need to use this token for.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/23/2013 16:20:31   
s0u1ja b0y

lets say an event is ending in 2 hours. the item u want costs 10,000. u only have 5,000. u buy the token. now instead of having to wait until the event possibly comes back, you can still get your item
Epic  Post #: 5
1/23/2013 16:27:48   
Mother1

@ souja boy

And if there are 50 items left and 50 people reserve this item with this token then those who have money to buy it won't be able to get it. See where I am getting at? It would be the same problem only it hurting a different group of people.

Epic  Post #: 6
1/23/2013 16:27:50   
Ranloth
Banned

Either try to farm these Credits or better luck next time. In Omega, it won't be an issue but a rare skill core at most.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
1/23/2013 16:32:07   
s0u1ja b0y

this would be for when all of the limited quantity item is sold. u buy the token and the next restock you can get your item.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/23/2013 17:29:46   
the final hour
Banned

supported

a rare occasion where i find myselve disagreeing with mother ,
i think limited rares where the 2nd worst thing to happen to this game. its a timezone lottery that gives people a advantage for being on the right side of the timezones .

Post #: 9
1/23/2013 17:37:01   
Mother1

@ the final hour

Off topic, if limited rares are the second worst thing that happened to the game then what is the first?

On topic

And making something to reserve something for someone who might not even by the item is better? Sorry while you disagree with me on that I don't agree with the idea of being able to reserve something that is limited quantity since it put anyone who has the money to buy the item right there and then at a disadvantage especially as I said if everyone who had this token reserved the item for the next batch then only those people would be able to buy it.
Epic  Post #: 10
1/23/2013 17:44:11   
the final hour
Banned

i dont think limited quantity is the answer but perhaps you have a point on the reserving note perhaps they could put a certain number out on the token option and so many on LQ idk.
Post #: 11
1/23/2013 21:58:52   
kittycat

I agree with mother1's point, but I do have a way to get it without the rush. Split the quantity over several rounds and offer 1 round per consecutive random time period.
AQ MQ  Post #: 12
1/23/2013 23:35:43   
odsey

Not supported Because it wiould destroy the purpose of limited quantity item/rares.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/24/2013 0:20:19   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Agreed with Final hour.
They should have never putted in Limited Quantity items.
It screws everyone with a different time-zone. They always restock around 5-7pm and at that time it is 11pm-1am here so i'm unable to get it.

This would make it alot more fair.
But to not defeat the whole purpose of LQ, the token should be half price. And then when you login and its restocked you pay th Full price again.
So they pay 150%. Or they just wait for the restock and hope they can get one for 100%

@Mother1

Your reason is invalid.
You say it will hurt another group, but it doesnt.
quote:

since it put anyone who has the money to buy the item right there and then at a disadvantage

Dont forget, everyone can buy this token, so the people who were online that time can also buy the token.

So either make up another reason or dont talk anymore since your reason here is invalid within the least.

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 1/24/2013 0:47:33 >
Epic  Post #: 14
1/24/2013 2:09:42   
Mother1

@ Sr zeph

Yes it will. it will hurt those who can get to the item on time, it will hurt those who have the money for the item on time, and will force those people who can get to the item on time to buy this item because those who can't afford an item on time or get to it on time will just reserve it taking away from those who could get it on time.

Why should me or anyone else who can make the timeline be force to spend extra money because those who can't afford it or can't make it have this item to reserve it. It will be the same problem all over again but it will be flipped and it will make those who can get to the item unhappy because they will be forced to spend extra credits to get an item.

Also the last few restocks they did they did two of them one in the morning hours and one in the afternoon hours.

So instead of this idea I would just suggest them doing two restocks at two different times with limited rare items like they do with two different power hours. This way everyone has a chance instead of this idea.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/24/2013 2:12:00 >
Epic  Post #: 15
1/24/2013 2:27:23   
CN2025

not support cuz limidted are limidted!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/24/2013 3:05:32   
TRizZzCENTRINO

trust me, this idea would never happen, the devs are wiser than this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/24/2013 5:00:18   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Why should me or anyone else who can make the timeline be force to spend extra money because those who can't afford it or can't make it have this item to reserve it.

You or someone else doesnt have to, since there will still be items instock for you.
You can still buy it without reserving. This Token only helps the people who dont want to take the risk to miss another restock.
If youre on the right timeline, you dont have to worry about anything.
So another invalid reason.

quote:

Also the last few restocks they did they did two of them one in the morning hours and one in the afternoon hours.

No, they did multiple restocks, but then with 3 hours inbetween. Thats still not good enough for people like me (6hours ahead)
Maybe 1 time they did that.
Same as with the Prize Codes, screws everyone with a different timeline.

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 1/24/2013 5:02:36 >
Epic  Post #: 18
1/24/2013 9:53:33   
arthropleura

*splutter what?
So I'm guessing everyone who buys the token gets one regardless of the quantity released?
Or are the tokens LIMITED!!!?

Edit: though admittedly the limited quantity system is flawed and the prize code :/

< Message edited by arthropleura -- 1/24/2013 9:54:43 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/24/2013 12:03:37   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Not supported - This will never convince any devs
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/24/2013 12:05:03   
Mother1

@ sir zeph

Did you even read all of the whole idea through or did you just look at part of it? If this came into play it would be the bounty pistol all over again for the first batch. From OP's first post 2 of this token would be able to get you the item for free while one would give it to you half price. Combine that with his third post of being able to buy this token and you have a disaster. If you thought getting the limited rare items was hard before because of your time line image how hard it will be to ever get a limited rare item because every Tom Dick and Harry who normally wouldn't be able to buy a limited rare item due to it being out of their price range being able to get it because they have two of this token could just get the limited rare item because according to this idea 2 of the token would give you a free limited rare.

It will be the bounty pistol all over again. Remember how quickly that item went because anyone could get it because of that code? Well these two tokens will be that code to do so. Remember Limited rares as they are now are off limits to those who can't afford them at the moment but 2 of this token will put those who normally can't afford the item in the game for getting it adding even more if not limitless competition for the item. Limited items would be gone in less then 3-10 minutes depending on how many are there and no limited rares don't normally go that fast. Now that all the limited rares are gone due to this the token's other function (which is why I believe you are supporting this idea) would come into play. Everyone if they wanted the item but missed out on it due to this token's power to give freebies with 2 would have to reserve the item and while this will make people who normally can't get the item happy since they would be able to reserve one from the next batch, it would tick off those who could normally get to the item on time through the current system because they would be forced to reserve the item because every tom, dick, and harry before them brought 2 tokens to get the item for free with the first batch, and if they don't buy the token they will never see another limited rare again because if they don't buy it everyone else who has the token will just reserve the rest of the next batch. It will become an endless cycle and it will become impossible to buy a limited rare without this.

Also adding injury to insult there isn't even a limit on how many of the next batch could be reserved. Even the final hour saw that when I pointed it out. If there is no limit on how many of an item can be reserve everyone could just use this token to reserve limited rare items and when the next batch comes out those who reserve it would get it while those who didn't would be out of luck which is why I said before those who could normally buy the item under normal circumstances would be forced to buy this token. Limited rares would become buy this token or you don't get a limited rare which was why I said it would be flipping the script about it being the same problem only it would be with those who could normally get it under the old system.

quote:

No, they did multiple restocks, but then with 3 hours inbetween. Thats still not good enough for people like me (6hours ahead)
Maybe 1 time they did that.
Same as with the Prize Codes, screws everyone with a different timeline.

Actually the last 2 restocks were done at 10 am and 5 PM I remember nightwraith posting about it and last I checked that isn't 3 hours apart but 7 hours apart for each one. Which would be more then enough time for you since you are 6 hours ahead and these restocks were done 7 hours apart.

quote:

So I'm guessing everyone who buys the token gets one regardless of the quantity released?

That is the general idea of this post. OP doesn't like the fact that items go to those who get it first so with this token you could reserve one of the next batch, or if you only have half of the credits you could purchase it for half price, or with two for nothing.

quote:

Or are the tokens LIMITED!!!?

Nope the OP never mentioned anything about limiting the tokens.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/24/2013 12:09:30 >
Epic  Post #: 21
1/24/2013 15:32:35   
s0u1ja b0y

@mother 1 you and everyone who doesnt support this idea are probably lvl 35. This is more for lower lvl players in the 20 to 30 range that dont have the huge excess amount of credits like most lvl 35s and they usually have about 6 of the same lq armor. the token would be limited the same as the lq items.lets say there are 1500 of an item. there would be like 500 tokens. you would only be able to have 2 tokens of ANY kind (so a armor and weapon token or 2 armor/weapon ones). the token quantity wouldnt have to mess with the item quantity. for example, there are 50 harbringer armors left and 50 tokens. u buy a token for 50% of the items cost. the nxt time they restock u buy another token. now there are 499 tokens left but still the same amount of the armor u just made. thi sis an execellent idea. it gives players from all time zones a shot to get an item. that is how it could work.
Epic  Post #: 22
1/24/2013 16:07:08   
Mother1

@ Op

First off don't say those of us who aren't supporting this are being biased players. We are part of the community just like you, and since this is in the suggestion part of the forum everyone has a right to say whether they agree or disagree with an idea and why. Also a little FYI sr zeph who supports this idea is also level 35 so that right there disproves your theory of everyone not supporting being high levels.

But back on topic did you know that in omega you will be able to farm NPC without limit so you can get the credits that you will need to buy an item. So there will be no excuse why you don't have the credits needed to buy something.

As for the reserving idea I still don't agree. Also where do you get the idea that if you reserve an item there would still be the same number left for everyone else? Last I checked unless they are from two different piles (Which isn't the cause here) anything minus 1 will mean there is one less of that item whether it is brought or reserved. So if 50 people have tokens and they all reserve an item from the next restock, and they only put out 50 of that item, then guess what? there are none left for those who didn't reserve it and the same cycle will begin again which would be forcing those who would have normally been able to buy the item without this token to pay for an item just to get it from a future restock. So answer me this how is that fair to those who could actually get the item on time? Answer it isn't because they would be forced to buy this item or not get the limited rare at all.

Which was why I said it would be flipping the script. Those in different time zones wouldn't care because they can reserve the item and eventually get it, but those who would normally be able to buy the item then and there would be forced to buy this item just to get the limited rare. It won't solve anything and will just upset another part of the community.
Epic  Post #: 23
1/24/2013 17:19:50   
s0u1ja b0y

@mother1 the same way they do it with varium and credit lq items. the item could just have a different rarity score and be put in a different pile. you could even have one for the varium lq items. and i didnt say all but most who dont support are lvl 35.
Epic  Post #: 24
1/24/2013 19:11:38   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above you need to login to the game and get the limited rare items yourself, not just buying a token or something and then wait for the item to appear in your inventory. they are doing a restock at 2 different time periods to make it fair for all, if you can't get it, then its your bad luck.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Way to get lq and rare items without a rush
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition