Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Darkness Dragon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> The Darkness Dragon
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2013 9:03:08   
armvis

Prologue

10 years prior to this story

The egg began to crack. Slowly, surely...... there! The first crack! It was though all beings of light were screaming in agony that day, yet it was eerily silent. Another crack! A light elemental who was watching at the edge of the cave suddenly vaporized. Another crack, and suddenly the egg shatters! There, all alone, stood a baby dragon. A few months went by. the dragon got bigger. Where at first he could only catch mice, now he was big enough to bring down a large bird. He learned to fly. he was self-sufficient until a young boy wandering in the Deadlands found him. at first, the dragon was wary, but then the Boy began to feed him. nothing much, at first, but a few scraps of meat, tidbits. Then he began to feed him whole creatures, until they had a powerful bond. The Deadlands were populated by Vurrmen and elementals. Countless times the dragon saved the boy, and countless times the boy saved the dragon with his trusty sword. Once, a darkness elemental cornered the boy, but the dragon just hissed a few words in draconic and the elemental backed off. From thereon, the dragon tried to learn Common tongue, and the boy, who turned out to be quite fluent with languages, learned to speak Draconic. They grew up together, never keeping secrets, always trusting each other, until 10 years after. this boy was named lesathomaer, and he was a half-elf.

< Message edited by armvis -- 1/28/2013 9:09:31 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
1/28/2013 9:53:05   
armvis

chapter 1

Lesathomaer woke with a start. He had had a nightmare that his village was being destroyed by that fire dragon again. He groaned, rolled over and saw that Shadow, as he had so appropriately named the dragon he grew up with, was not in his bed. "He must have gone out to catch breakfast," he mumbled to himself. "I'll just go back to sleep." but, before he could get to sleep, he heard the galloping of horses. he got up, rubbed his eyes, and looked out of the cave that had gotten to be their home. There, riding past, were not human riders, but strange people with weird pointy ears and skin different shades of gray. Shadow flew past him into the cave carrying a rabbit. He dropped the rabbit and trotted to the edge of the cave. Lesathomaer called out, "Who are you? What do you want?" The riders stopped and all drew swords. Lesathomaer had accidentally spoken in draconic. Lesathomaer repeated, this time in common, "Who are you? What do you want?" The riders sheathed their swords and walked over. "We're looking for a boy about your age called Lesathomaer." Lesathomaer, confused, said "That's me. but if you are taking me anywhere, Shadow has to come too. He's my Friend." The riders sighed, and agreed. "Take us to this Shadow." Lesathomaer whistled and said in draconic,"Come here, Shadow!" Shadow flew to the mouth of the cave, and all the riders scrambled back, saying, "Dragon!"
But in the end, Lesathomaer persuaded them to take shadow along.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
2/8/2013 11:00:59   
armvis

chapter 2

Lesathomaer hobbled into the city, stiff, then immediately stopped. everyone there were different shades of gray, just like him! He yelled in Draconic, "SHAAAAAADOW!!" everybody stopped as Shadow swooped down. they were all in a panic, since shadow was to longer a tiny hatchling. He was ten feet tall, and with his wings stretched out, he was twice as wide. he smiled and the riders, who he had come in with, asked him to come with them. Bewildered, he followed them, and soon came to the door of a massive palace. two guards, inside their own personal tornados, called, "Halt!" the riders said, "We've found this boy, Lesathomaer, and we are here to take him to the queen." they were admitted, and soon they were walking through the palace. most of the time his mouth was open, because, having lived in a cave nearly all his life, he could not remember the last time he had seen such a building.finally, they arrived in front of the door to the throne room. the attendants warned him, "keep a civil tongue in your head, boy, or you will be left without a tongue at all." he walked in, and the queen, who was pitch black, said to him, "hello. my name is Sulen'Eska, and I Started this village." she smiled, and Lesathomaer thought her face was so familiar, but he couldn't remember where he had seen it...

< Message edited by armvis -- 3/1/2013 20:13:36 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
3/1/2013 20:24:05   
armvis

He eyed her warily and started backing away, but she only smiled wider and beckoned. He cautiously approached, and asked her, in Draconic, "What do you want?" To his surprise, she continued smiling and replied, also in Draconic, "To make you feel welcome. I had heard that there was a boy named Lesathomaer. The name sounded familiar, and now I remember where I had heard it before." Now Lesathomaer began backing away again, and the queen frowned. suddenly, a gust of wind caught him, and he was thrown back and forth around the palace. Finally, he concentrated as hard as he could...... and the wind changed directions. he fell, but a gust of wind cushioned his landing. then, the same gust of wind raced toward the and blew both her and her throne back and around in the hall until she was able to get it under control. she dobled over and began making small sqeaking sounds. he cautiously approached her, and then realized she was laughing. finally, she gave in, and began laughing for a long time. Finally, gasping for breath, tears coming out of her eyes, she said, "You.... hee.... may..... go........ oohahahahaha!" Lesathomaer walked out, wondering, worrying.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> The Darkness Dragon
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition