Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: -No update-

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: -No update-
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2013 0:41:46   
sylar67

i think its gonna be released next friday , they said they are going to give a pre-date for it so there would be a mass audience at the launch , with no one left behind not knowing its updating , and a week of test will ensure there are no buggs, besides you all have waited 2 months now , an extra few days wont be so hard or would it ?
Post #: 26
1/31/2013 1:51:06   
Goony
Constructive!

Hey All,

No one wants to delay the update any more than it's neccessary and the developers, more than anyone, want to release the update as soon as it's ready!

Just to explain what a new battle engine with new cores means I'll give a few examples of some of the bugs that have consumed time due to the extra coding required to rectify:

E.g. When new active cores were implemented the yeti special that chomps the opponents weapons wasn't putting the active cores of sidearms and auxillaries into cooldown, so the player could use an invisible weapon to attack their opponent!

E.g. When using the pyro fly to disable skills on NPC's, it was, for some reason, disabling skills that the NPC's didn't even use (On the yeti hulk I was able to disable smokescreen, EMP and massacre) Now I don't know where the Yeti Hulk learnt those skills and while it was quite funny for me this was time that Titan consumed to rectify the issue.

I will say that there have been hundreds of bugs in the development of this update and some of these were unforseen due to the way that the battle engine now handles the commands. I think Titan mentioned when he get's some time he will explain in greater detail what caused the delay and give you all a better insight into the game changes!

But it is worth it! The way the game feels now is awesome and I can't wait for the rest of the community to share in the fun. The changes to the gamplay and diversity will take a few people back to the Beta phase when it was all new and exciting.

Please be patient, sorry for saying it again, but Nightwraith or Titan will inform the community when they are sure of a release date!

< Message edited by Goony -- 1/31/2013 1:52:35 >
Epic  Post #: 27
1/31/2013 2:03:11   
President Obama

quote:

Hey All,

No one wants to delay the update any more than it's neccessary and the developers, more than anyone, want to release the update as soon as it's ready!

Just to explain what a new battle engine with new cores means I'll give a few examples of some of the bugs that have consumed time due to the extra coding required to rectify:

E.g. When new active cores were implemented the yeti special that chomps the opponents weapons wasn't putting the active cores of sidearms and auxillaries into cooldown, so the player could use an invisible weapon to attack their opponent!

E.g. When using the pyro fly to disable skills on NPC's, it was, for some reason, disabling skills that the NPC's didn't even use (On the yeti hulk I was able to disable smokescreen, EMP and massacre) Now I don't know where the Yeti Hulk learnt those skills and while it was quite funny for me this was time that Titan consumed to rectify the issue.

I will say that there have been hundreds of bugs in the development of this update and some of these were unforseen due to the way that the battle engine now handles the commands. I think Titan mentioned when he get's some time he will explain in greater detail what caused the delay and give you all a better insight into the game changes!

But it is worth it! The way the game feels now is awesome and I can't wait for the rest of the community to share in the fun. The changes to the gamplay and diversity will take a few people back to the Beta phase when it was all new and exciting.

Please be patient, sorry for saying it again, but Nightwraith or Titan will inform the community when they are sure of a release date!

Probably the most info we have received in a while! Thank you Goony

Epic  Post #: 28
1/31/2013 3:19:51   
Drianx

quote:

The changes to the gamplay and diversity will take a few people back to the Beta phase when it was all new and exciting.

Ironically you nailed it: indeed there are only a few of us Betas still around.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/31/2013 4:15:15   
KEzAx

If their doing "hard work" they should be posting on he updating the design notes. It does NOT take a long time just to post a DN.
Epic  Post #: 30
1/31/2013 4:18:32   
kaiseryeux21

^Titan already posted on twitter a couple of hours ago. Although its kind of annoying that they are not giving us the actual time to release, we really can't do anything about it. as simple as that. They dev's are FIRM on their decision not to announce the release unless they are ready. Seems irritating, but i guess we'll just have to endure it.
DF Epic  Post #: 31
1/31/2013 5:54:06   
TankMage

A post about people not posting / updating doesn't serve as much of a discussion so I'm going to lock this up. I would like to also direct anyone who reads through this thread to Goonys post as it supplys some valuable information that I suspect you would all enjoy reading. Please redirect all future posts about time periods for the release or any kind of release thoughts to the Progress Report Thread as it's continually been updated and gives you all an amazing look at the progress of development.
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: -No update-
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition