Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2013 14:00:03   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

January 31, 2013
Omega Status Update
Well, it's the last day of January, and if you have been following out progress, you may have guessed already that Omega will not be launching today. However, I am happy to report that as of today we are FEATURE-LOCKED! This means that they features we wanted / needed for Omega are completed. As I said before, we wanted to be feature locked by last Sunday to release by this week, but that did not happen. Releasing this Friday or over the weekend may seem like an option but the release would not be adequately tested and there would be no support staff to help if issues arose. If we release early next week, with a fully-tested release, we can patch bugs and handle any other issues comfortably. Early next week seems like the best time to release given the current progress.

Some may be wondering: with 2 programmers and 2 artists and a team of testers -- how could a release be delayed so much? Development is always more work than you think it will be. Without Charfade and Rabblefroth, Omega would have been shot down immediately in the planning stages for being too complex. Omega is miles away more ambitious than any previous release -- even more than the initial launch with Artix in 2009. We want new development phases to shake things up. Omega is a 10.2 magnitude earthquake. It is practically a new game -- it certainly feels that way when we compare Omega to the current live version of the game.

I can tell you how hard we worked and how sorry we are, but none of that really matters. All that matters is the release. I will echo Titan when I say that we will release Omega when it's ready -- no sooner. If you try to pry open a chrysalis before the butterfly is ready, you won't find a sleeping butterfly -- you'll find a mangled organism, not ready for life. Was that a good analogy, Cindy?

That said, we understand your frustration and the fact that you've stuck with us this far demonstrates that you're as excited for Omega to go live as we are! Probably moreso at this point. All we ask is that you hang in there for just a bit longer! The end is in sight, and we're at full sprint, but we are also want to be careful not to stumble.

Also, I would like to add one final reminder that a metric ton of gear and missions are leaving the game (some permanently) when Omega goes live. For a complete list, check out this DN post from December!

One last, last thing -- here are some previews of new Core abilities from Dev: Meteor Shower and Energy Storm!

Tags: Nightwraith

Formatted & tagged! ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 1/31/2013 15:04:25 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
1/31/2013 14:11:21   
the final hour
Banned

im not going to rage i alrdy knew this was going to happen . and id alrdy decided what i was going to do if it did. actions speak louder then words .
Post #: 2
1/31/2013 14:14:00   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Its like what they say:

'Necessity is the mother of invention'.

It means when there's a difficult situation to fix that problem, there is always someone with an in-genious solution to Squash those BUGS! etc.

Titan.... You made my day.

Squash.....
Those.....
Bugs.....

And give us the best update we've ever seen! This includes Nightwraith & Charfade (Hey Rabble is missing).
Epic  Post #: 3
1/31/2013 14:15:06   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

quote:

The end is in sight, and we're at full sprint, but we are also want to be careful not to stumble.

This said... I think your pretty much be in the hospital with the amount of delays you've had (!)

Anyhows, at least O-Meaga (with a american/ irish accent) is coming! Sure, all of the varium I have bought will have gone to waste but at least I can try something new!

Thanks for this post Transy and thank you to NW who seems to be the most focused - Titan isn't slacking though!
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/31/2013 14:17:16   
Mother1

I knew it would happen but am I upset? Not in the least. The reason being is that they are now feature locked. With this all that is left is the final testing and crushing bugs that they might find.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/31/2013 14:36:36   
Stabilis

That meteor is an alien.

ALIENS.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/31/2013 14:48:43   
ED Prince of Shadows

It was delayed like 4-5 days, don't hate on the devs for making the update perfect!
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/31/2013 14:51:46   
Mother1

I said it once and I will say it again.

It seems to me those who are still complaining about the delays when they are feature locked would rather get an update that has bugs just for the sake of time rather then a late but bug free gaming experience.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/31/2013 14:54:01   
One Winged Angel1357

I would say this delay is a good call. It is feature locked right now meaning it is all testing and the dev's can finally have an easier weekend(they will be testing with the testers for my best guess but that is easier than cranking out code and art to try and make everything work) to refresh their minds and flush the caffeine out of their systems. then come back early next week and release it with full staff support if something shows up on the live servers and if nothing shows up they can work on the next update
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/31/2013 15:01:19   
_i_am_a_helper_

The devs have done a good job, haven't had a very fresh battle engine (most of the patches weren't very helpful) since beta.
Now Nightwraith should draw a picture of them squashing bugs
Post #: 10
1/31/2013 15:03:11   
JariTheMighty

Are you complaining about them making progress?

I find this is fabulous! Fabulous news indeed.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
1/31/2013 15:09:39   
Calogero

I predicted this like a boss xD

Also don't mind the delay but please NW, remove the ' Next Week " part untill it's fully tested
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/31/2013 15:11:41   
Mother1

I would have to agree with calogero since so far every time frame has been delayed due to something unforeseen. How are we to know you won't run into bugs that will make that unplayable and make the process take longer?
Epic  Post #: 13
1/31/2013 15:14:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Although, it solves people's problem of asking "When is Omega?". On the other hand, we will see them ranting how they don't make it "early next week" but perhaps Wednesday which isn't early. >.> At least they are satisfied for now.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
1/31/2013 15:31:23   
Darkwing

well it's good that testing is the only part left for omega. at least we know the delay could be only days not weeks / months. all for the best
Post #: 15
1/31/2013 16:17:34   
Lycan.

Lol i feel like classes without reroute are going to die out.
Epic  Post #: 16
1/31/2013 16:46:21   
Unknown Menace

And there you have it, the beginning of omega is near.

Was that really such a painfull wait. All this time instead of spreading some positive messages people kept complaining the entire time. Makes me feel sorry for the ED staff instead of being supportive they just get straight up whining.
Epic  Post #: 17
1/31/2013 16:57:26   
Santa ClawZz

I'd like to congratulate the ED Team on keeping us updated on how things are going with Omega. Unlike any other update, major or minor, we've been getting DNs, Twitter or even forum posts from moderators to even TITAN himself on Omega update's progress and I like it. I like it!

AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/31/2013 16:59:46   
Made 4 Sunny Days

@ above

I like it toooo! :D
less than a week away from the launch of omega WHOOO!
Im gonna lol so hard at anyone who complained during this process when they realize just how crazy awesome omega is!

~Stay Sunny~
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/31/2013 17:22:32   
One Winged Angel1357

You know we are all going to be the biggest noobs when Omega goes live right?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/31/2013 20:23:40   
King FrostLich

And when they release Omega, it will take 1 month for them to fix bugs thanks to overworking it lol.
Epic  Post #: 21
1/31/2013 20:31:04   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@OWA
I already have my build planned out
Speak for yourself :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/31/2013 20:34:09   
One Winged Angel1357

Watch these cores just throw your plan out the window mate.

I have been a caster since beta and I highly doubt I will be changing for Omega but I still haven't figure out how I will set up my stats and what cores I will get
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/31/2013 21:26:01   
ED Prince of Shadows

I'm going to make a supp build purely using skill cores and field medic, I hope it works!
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/31/2013 22:18:34   
Pinkie Pie

Well, they are doing their best, and that all I could ever ask. They're practically making a new game, but using the ED template. Rome wasn't built in a day, let alone the entire Delta V. Keep up the good work, Patience is a virtue, blah, blah,blah....You get the point.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition