Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2013 23:05:40   
_i_am_a_helper_

Rome was built in a day if a day counts as a couple decades
At least they feature locked a week after the goal, I expected at least a month after the goal with this large of an update. Oh well, its just a matter of time before the release, probably Sunday or Monday
Post #: 26
1/31/2013 23:08:37   
UnderSoul

That meteor is awesome.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/1/2013 0:27:03   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

What a surprise..

But nice blades NW, got those too.
Epic  Post #: 28
2/1/2013 0:48:02   
legion of souls

Great update! Thanks NW to know you guys are working real hard just to please us. Keep it up!

AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/1/2013 0:57:07   
Guardian Patrick

Does the game use less memory usage now?
(Note: More memory usage = more lag)
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 30
2/1/2013 1:18:19   
kaiseryeux21

From titan's twitter Post.
quote:

Titan ‏@Titan_EpicDuel
Couldn't be more proud of the ED team for pulling this thing together. I can't wait to share Omega with you. Final testing begins now...
DF Epic  Post #: 31
2/1/2013 1:19:55   
NEOCROM

Oh great....another delay, but it was expected ofc, they made a quite nice routine of delaying in this last month, so let's hope next week we will get the update ( if it isnt another delay).
AQ  Post #: 32
2/1/2013 1:29:00   
UnderSoul

Assuming this time they meet the expected time, I will likely be one of the last rather active Delta players to play Omega. This Necromancer vs Paladin war in AQ requires my full attention, and were I to stop and play ED Omega, the Necromancers would fall behind most assuredly. Well, at least there's a good chance it'll be delayed yet again and I'll have time to play it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/1/2013 5:26:59   
f4tal1tY

Awww sweeet that is amazing news time to grind some credits for Omega! :D ohh and the Cores look amazing :3 thanks for implementing them devs! Keep going, just make omega stable and balanced pls! Thats all i ask for lol

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 34
2/1/2013 7:47:07   
RageSoul

Another delay ? Schweet ! Now i can make money for fixing my stat placement by buying something awesome ( while still keeping another awesome thing ) .
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/1/2013 7:57:38   
Stabilis

They got 10% testing in a quarter of a day, we may get to 2/3 of testing done by today (or more or less).
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
2/1/2013 15:57:27   
xxmirxx

it still says 10 percent are even working on it
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
2/1/2013 16:27:30   
charwelly

this is disgracful ive been away for 2 months expecting omega to be done but nope....
once again they fail to relase this update like come on people
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/1/2013 17:11:11   
blade98

You've been away for 2 months,in these 2 months they have worked really hard ,but they did not manage to get it released with no bugs.So tell me ,what would you prefered?Getting it released in-time and you would not enjoy it ,or get it delayed for 4 days or such.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/1/2013 17:38:29   
xxmirxx

i dont mind it with bugs i just want to do missions
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
2/1/2013 17:42:55   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeaaaaaaah. Bugs would prevent you from playing since some could break the game (depending on amount of players which is impossible to be caught during testing). So no, it's not happening (release full of bugs, intentionally).
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
2/1/2013 17:45:12   
xxmirxx

u never said all bugs and i dont think it would prevent u to play or test team wouldnt be able to do ther job
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
2/1/2013 17:47:06   
Ranloth
Banned

But you realise the testing phase (before the Omega release) is to make sure everything is balanced and catch all the bugs (since the features are fully coded), right? It's pretty much the testing before any other release, that's when the bugs are caught. The more bugs are found, the more broken release would be (if not fixed), to the point where it'd be not possible to play properly.
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
2/1/2013 17:49:22   
Calogero

Justice

That isn't always that easy due to the person needing to know the code language ED is made of

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/1/2013 17:52:47   
Ranloth
Banned

And to add to Calogero's post:

Check if they are willing to work voluntarily or want to get paid, which then makes it harder to find 'em (for either cases, since ED doesn't employ people but AE). Then count the fact you gotta train them to use software (and pay for legal copy). Then trust them with the database and teach them how to code stuff (as Calo said) in ED's code language and then trust them to do their job.

Yeah. Easier said than done.
AQ Epic  Post #: 45
2/1/2013 18:23:57   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above exactly, it took a year to train rabblefroth, and a year to train practel, so basically it takes a year or more to train a staff, unless of course, that you are wickedly talented and have alot of experience in coding/programming or drawing/animating.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
2/1/2013 19:12:34   
One Winged Angel1357

The software is AS 3.0(Adobe Flash CS whatever they are using right now), Java programmers need to be trained in the differences plus they need to learn Titan speak(Variables and what not that are left up to the programmer to decide).

Also AE has said they like to hire from the community as the players would be more likely to be dedicated to working on the game they like than some outside programmer just looking for a job

Also the delay is intentional so that the staff isn't "off" over the weekend when the bugs come out and Monday is meeting day(meeting and brainstorming for friday's release according to Faith) at AE so Tuesday or Wednesday is my best guess for Omega

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 2/1/2013 19:13:27 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/1/2013 19:13:25   
Darkoake445

@Trizz, I've been involved with my previous school's FIRST robotics team, I'm a mentor now, and programmed the robot multiple years in a row. We won regional competitions three times in a row and made a decent showing at nationals. There are many people out there with the programming experience but the ED staff has never directly expressed interest in hiring any new programmers. (Trained in Java, C++, LabView etc.)

< Message edited by Darkoake445 -- 2/1/2013 19:32:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/1/2013 19:29:35   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Cant wait for it!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
2/1/2013 21:51:36   
Lord Machaar

Yeah, thanks for launching Omega in my exams days, thanks...
MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition