Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2013 0:00:03   
ashtonsdad

OK, as long as it isn't before the fourth I am happy. I have out of town business the 4th., and home on the 5th. so let us keep that in mind when deciding when to release OK? :P

Stand for Something, or You Will Fall for Anything!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
2/2/2013 0:04:40   
Jekyll

The counter is at 20% now. Seems like we're going at a rate of 10% a day.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/2/2013 0:08:45   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@Darkoake445 well, you need to prove it to the devs, and that doesn't mean you understand the programming/coding language and method of ED, they still need to spend time to train you. they are not currently hiring any staff because they are busy with the game.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
2/2/2013 0:13:37   
willendorf

If they hired more staff they would need to spend more money and as a result need to get more money. You know how everyone complains about all these promos "forcing cash out of people" they would need to do more of it to pay they new guy. Its soon! Be excited!

AQW Epic  Post #: 54
2/2/2013 0:19:36   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

The purpose of this thread is not to weigh the merits of training new staff. Let's get back on topic.
AQ  Post #: 55
2/2/2013 3:24:18   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Just release the tournament next sunday and i wont ever complain again.
Epic  Post #: 56
2/2/2013 4:19:21   
rene196

I'm gonna predict they will get omega done on friday (next week) or so cuz they only get like 10 % a day.
Really too slow.It will be lucky if they even make it next week if they continue at this rate.

It will most likely not go live at the beginning of the week cuz they're only at 20%.
I mean like how slow can you be?

< Message edited by rene196 -- 2/2/2013 4:24:03 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/2/2013 4:26:05   
Ranloth
Banned

Or maybe some parts require a bit more testing than the other? Bug fixes are included in these, so the more are found by testers, the longer it'll take.
AQ Epic  Post #: 58
2/2/2013 5:39:06   
Lycan.

They checked over 9000 lines of code and made sure not even a single letter is misplaced.
Epic  Post #: 59
2/2/2013 9:28:57   
Stabilis

Looks like testing is random. One day it might only be 10%, the next day it might be 20%, and the next day might be 60%. You never know.
AQ Epic  Post #: 60
2/2/2013 9:31:41   
theholyfighter

I think it's impossible to be 100% or even 90% bug-free...
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
2/2/2013 9:36:32   
Stabilis

Minecraft is 90% bug free.
AQ Epic  Post #: 62
2/2/2013 9:39:19   
theholyfighter

quote:

Minecraft is 90% bug free.

AQW Epic  Post #: 63
2/2/2013 9:55:49   
He Who Lurks

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't believe they're looking for "bugs" anymore as they have completed their database scripts.

quote:

More bugs Smashed. Database scripts ready. It's full speed ahead on testing, balance, and polish! Omega is only just around the corner!

They're working more primarily on the items listed above, I believe.
AQ Epic  Post #: 64
2/2/2013 9:59:40   
theholyfighter

quote:

More bugs Smashed. Database scripts ready. It's full speed ahead on testing, balance, and polish! Omega is only just around the corner!

Testing has a large portion about taking out bugs...
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
2/2/2013 10:10:51   
Darkoake445

@Trizz, What I was saying is that they've never expressed interest in hiring anymore staff. For example, when RabbleFroth was hired no one in the community knew about a programming position being available; I for one would have applied if it had been advertised in a DN or some forum post.

I'm ready for Omega; happy to see most of the new features coming to the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
2/2/2013 11:13:07   
He Who Lurks

quote:

Testing has a large portion about taking out bugs...

I understand that, however I was referring to how to the major efforts of completing the omega update will focus more on testing in a general sense, not just for bugs. Then perhaps we will see a large increase as to how the testing is going compared to the last 2 increments.
AQ Epic  Post #: 67
2/2/2013 20:05:10   
President Obama

quote:

2/2/2013 10:10:51

Darkoake445

@Trizz, What I was saying is that they've never expressed interest in hiring anymore staff. For example, when RabbleFroth was hired no one in the community knew about a programming position being available; I for one would have applied if it had been advertised in a DN or some forum post.

I'm ready for Omega; happy to see most of the new features coming to the game.

I think they would just rather have someone who applies for the job or finds someone like a admin in game and ask them if they can talk to Titan about you. Instead of waiting till they announce something.

That shows you are wanting to be apart of the team!

Good Luck to you!

Epic  Post #: 68
2/2/2013 22:14:25   
KEzAx

quote:

Final Balance / Testing Pass 20%

i really dont get what is taking so long for this. seriously i dont know.,..
Epic  Post #: 69
2/2/2013 22:16:24   
WheresTheMoney

Hmm. sounds fun but when we get our enhancment money back will it be a reasonal price? because i want to be able to buy some cores.But when u guys are taking my money away and giving me 30% of it i cant buy nearly as much.

WheresTheMoney
Post #: 70
2/2/2013 22:17:08   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@kezax Because they have several features to test as well as 50+ missions to go through. They probably have to test the weapon upgrade on at least several weapons of each type, if not all of them in-game. And they also have to test cores on multiple weapons as well.

Edit: Talking with Practel about testing. They have to test every armor/weapon in-game with each core against every NPC. This easily will turn into a very large number of scenarios they have to run through.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 2/2/2013 22:37:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
2/2/2013 22:27:05   
One Winged Angel1357

Refund is at around 1 core per fully enhanced item(8 slots) on the test price which for all we know could have dropped. On the other hand it could have increased but the dev's are smart enough to know that you shoot high with your test price and decrease not shoot low and increase
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
2/2/2013 23:39:59   
theholyfighter

"Early nexy week" means Monday or Tuesday...Hopefully...
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
2/3/2013 1:20:58   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Everything on every npc?
Done by Saturday next week
If they hurry
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
2/3/2013 2:46:59   
ED Prince of Shadows

Let's say there are about 300 items, 10 cores, and 50 NPCs. That would be 15000 battles within a very short period of time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition