Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2013 2:57:46   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

Talking with Practel about testing. They have to test every armor/weapon in-game with each core against every NPC. This easily will turn into a very large number of scenarios they have to run through.

I guess it depends exactly how they "run through" these scenarios.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
2/3/2013 3:20:32   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

Let's say there are about 300 items, 10 cores, and 50 NPCs. That would be 15000 battles within a very short period of time.

Hmmm, closer to 1400 weapons and armors and 90 NPC's... Although some of these don't have challenges, but we need to make sure the shops and other functions accociated with the NPC's work. We won't be able to test every scenario. Apart from the fact that Slayer can turn me into roadkill in two turns things are looking good.
Epic  Post #: 77
2/3/2013 3:24:32   
f4tal1tY

Guys, patience lol, not even 50% of the ED community have done even 15000 battles in their ED lifetime! I am sure the testers are attempting to finish the testing as fast as possible!

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 78
2/3/2013 3:32:33   
skeletondude

quote:

Titan ‏@Titan_EpicDuel

.. and we're going to release a new prize code once the servers go live. There will be a BIG quantity on this one!

quote:

Titan ‏@Titan_EpicDuel

A few fun things to know: You'll have an extra color picker to further customize certain armors when Omega goes live. pic.twitter.com/Ggww23Wj

Just tweeted in by Titan.

AQW Epic  Post #: 79
2/3/2013 5:45:47   
odsey

Guys and gals its 35% already on the testing phase.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 80
2/3/2013 8:08:59   
One Winged Angel1357

Goony how are fights looking against BT. That guy is a pain even now
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
2/3/2013 8:19:34   
ED Prince of Shadows

quote:

quote:

Let's say there are about 300 items, 10 cores, and 50 NPCs. That would be 15000 battles within a very short period of time.

Hmmm, closer to 1400 weapons and armors and 90 NPC's... Although some of these don't have challenges, but we need to make sure the shops and other functions accociated with the NPC's work. We won't be able to test every scenario. Apart from the fact that Slayer can turn me into roadkill in two turns things are looking good.

I know, I know, it was really late and I was too tired to actually make a decent estimate.
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
2/3/2013 8:39:27   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

.. and we're going to release a new prize code once the servers go live. There will be a BIG quantity on this one!

I prefer if its limited time rather then quantity, coz there would be more than 2.5k players online when Omega goes lives, and mine and ur chances of getting them r ???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
2/3/2013 9:19:47   
Goony
Constructive!

^ When Titan say BIG he means TOO BIG ;)

@OWA, the low level NPC's are OK due to revamped HP/EP... The higher level ones need some work due to lower stats and HP/EP, I'm sure Rabblefroth and Titan will have the testers slaving away on revised figures soon :)

But as far as those elusive bugs go myself and the other testers seem to have run out of issues to find with the new engine and the player vs player battles are looking good! Touch wood!

It's really a different game with skill cores and I am finding the battles a lot more strategic with the increased diversity in skill options and battle decisions... Of course, this is early days with the "skill cores" but it is awesome fun :)
Epic  Post #: 84
2/3/2013 9:56:41   
One Winged Angel1357

Omega now means BT take 562 for me.

Touch wood is that your version of knock on wood Goony?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 85
2/3/2013 10:28:15   
Stabilis

I agree with what Goony says about skill cores, more "diversity" so to speak in our battling options helps in strategy-forming and even balance.

Like I have said before this kind of diversity in the right measure can take over more of the roles that RNG plays in balance or excitement. Strategy is something you can and should gratefully accept whether in your favour or at your loss. RNG battle mechanics are more troublesome, unwarranted if you will and I notice even the good luck that I get... when I should have never received that luck.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/3/2013 10:29:19 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 86
2/3/2013 11:35:40   
Remorse

^
I agree with that.

So much so that I actually prefer too much strategy in the opinion of some, which means I would like omega to have viewable skill cores.

So in my eyes, true strategy can be utilized and therefore diversity can truly shine.
Epic  Post #: 87
2/3/2013 15:43:41   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

^ When Titan say BIG he means TOO BIG ;)

Yay I like spoons! :D
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
2/3/2013 15:58:07   
Mother1

@ remorse

and viewable skill core will also take away from that diversity as well. Why do you think we have so many copy builds now? The soul purpose that we can see our opponents builds with the exception of the bot.

While you believe it will bring more planning into the game which can be true it will also give everyone who is looking for a build to copy easier ways to copy it as well. So in my thought it would be a double edged sword.
Epic  Post #: 89
2/3/2013 16:28:58   
Unknown Menace

@remorse
I'll bet skill cores aren't going to be made visable. You think all these cores can be viewed by anyone. Just like 'frostbite' isn't visable now it won't be when omega goes live, only reason you know which item has what is because it's locked and that's going to be a thing of the past in omega.

Personally I'm looking forward to it, it might make the game fun again. More variety of skills will create new challenging situations. Seeing them coming will only ruin the suprise.
Epic  Post #: 90
2/3/2013 17:34:13   
Lycan.

quote:

@ remorse

and viewable skill core will also take away from that diversity as well. Why do you think we have so many copy builds now? The soul purpose that we can see our opponents builds with the exception of the bot.

Copying builds in Omega won't be so easy, you will have to spend credits to get there exact skill cores which will cost a lot as im guessing, not to mention that some skill cores will be rare so copying a build won't be 100%
Epic  Post #: 91
2/3/2013 18:29:57   
Mother1

@ lycan

credits will be much easier to come by due to limitless NPC grinding so that kills that part of not being able to buy certain cores due to the lack of funds. As for the rare core thing this only applies if the person doesn't have those rare cores. If they do then it will be copy build city all over again.

While omega will help diversity some what with the cores, making them visible will kill it somewhat since anyone who already has the rare cores can just use them when copying a build and any other buyable core that isn't rare can be obtained with credits.
Epic  Post #: 92
2/3/2013 21:17:38   
King Helios

quote:

Hmmm, closer to 1400 weapons and armors and 90 NPC's...

1,260,000 battles.

WHAT

MADNESS

IS

THIS!?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
2/3/2013 22:35:22   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@mother1 @remorse well i guess remorse just don't like to use her head too much, it takes the fun and surprise out of battles if the cores were visible, in a real fight, you wouldn't know anything about your opponent apart from his clothing and weapons, you wouldn't know his skills, stats and what upgrade he has done to his weapons. if remorse wants to take the fun out of the already boring PVP then i got nothing to say.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
2/3/2013 22:36:51   
Death Jr

@ Helios

Madness? This Is EpicDuel!!!
Post #: 95
2/3/2013 22:52:24   
Remorse

@Trizz,

Why would you say my opinion of the game is "not using my head"?

I find that to be an insult! ( Im certain calling someone lacking to use their head is breaking the forum rules of respecting others!)

Just because I have different opinion of what I like in this game does NOT mean your way is better.

We have already discussed this multiple times in other threads and Lots of other people also agreed with me and we all gave viable points.

After listening to all you opinions on seeing cores and how it is bad, I am still 100% sure it will be better, not even a SLIGHT of doubt is here, in my opinion.

And saying it will not be fun is completely your opinion.

I think being able to see cores and setting up strategy early on, would be a million times funner.

And infact if cores remain unviewable for long into omega when their are hundreds of skill cores.

I would most likely take NO enjoyment in this game what so ever because in my eyes, it went from being a enjoyable and challenging turn based strategy game, to a childish no challenge rather luck based battles.

And they would essentially be removing the very thing I found enjoyably in this game.

Plus once agian I will have to say this,

Copy builds are NOT a problem when their is more variety.

If you ever played back in beta, You would know that some periods in the game any unique style COULD work given the right stratgy.

The fact their are so many skill core means copying is extremely hard.

Yes you can copy the so called build,

But given the amount of cores their is no way they can copy the strategy against every style of opponent.

And even if people do copy but i highly doubt it ever being a problem in omega, their is absolutely NOTHING stopping people copying builds even if they can't see skill cores,

Say they come against someone and their build is very strong, they simply remember the cores that came to play when they versed that build AND COPY IT.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE, except the fact that coping in the first place should become pointless.

SO please do not use this PATHETIC excuse.

Once again I would like to point out,
Im actually in the support for both styles being in game, Using separate battle modes!

WHY? because I can see that a lot of people in the forums would like it to be blind, so I am supporting a blind battle mode option as well as a non blind one.

So in actual fact as a response to your opinion I am supporting it occurring so long as, normal viewable modes are also in place.

All I can see you guys do in rebuttal to my opinion and the opinion of many others of preferring to see skill cores,

IS claim we are not using our heads...

Or that coping will be bad....

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/3/2013 23:09:11 >
Epic  Post #: 96
2/3/2013 22:59:49   
Sir Xander

YEAH OMEGA IN LIKE 2-3 DAYS!

Sidenote: GO RAVENS! 2013 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
2/3/2013 23:17:42   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

I find that to be an insult! ( Im certain calling someone lacking to use their head is breaking the forum rules of respecting others!)

its not what you think it is, you are still using your head, but not as much if cores will be visible to you, if cores are not visible, you would need to use your head alot, you need to think about how and when you should use your skills while predicting what your opponent will have to counter it, you said yourself that you do not like battles that depends on guessing and luck, so i assume you do not like too much stress being placed on your mind, thats what i meant.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
2/3/2013 23:26:22   
Rayman
Banned

If the cores are not visible, it will be lame, hope they make them visible, If they are not visible is pretty hard to use the head,.
I click the skill tree to see opponent's skills like 30 times per battle.

And this is soo true:
quote:

I think being able to see cores and setting up strategy early on, would be a million times funner.

If you are not able to see cores it will be a million times boring.
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
2/3/2013 23:27:37   
Remorse

@ Trizz
Quite the opposite,

I think being able to see the skill cores you opponent has means you would need to use your head A LOT more.

Because you need to prepare yourself and set up possible counter for everything they could throw at you.

quote:

you need to think about how and when you should use your skills while predicting what your opponent will have to counter it

While I agree this will occur early on because their aren't much skill cores, also the reason why I am not too upset that you can't see skill cores early omega as announced by goony.

BUT, as soon as their becomes HUNDREDS of skill cores in this game.

It would be basically impossible to predict anything, nor be able to predict a counter for anything.

This is why I would prefer it if you can see skill cores.

So when they release a lot of skill cores you can actually use your head more.

So in actual fact I am fighting for my right to use my brain power more often...

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/3/2013 23:29:02 >
Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Status Update - January 31, 2013
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition