Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2013 7:15:40   
Megadragonknight

Once i bought 250 SG package, i am going to buy 9 more exp boost lifetime and then start training like mad for every character i possessed!
Post #: 101
2/4/2013 7:21:44   
Leprechaun

@Blackshock
Lol dude this is not aqw Im asking which are rare to encounter...

Post #: 102
2/4/2013 7:25:36   
Megadragonknight

@Leprechuan
The one that is considered rare are Burn Mage and Shadow Acolyte but they are not that hard to encounter.
Post #: 103
2/4/2013 7:27:49   
Blackshock

Oh my, then forgive my misinterpretation. XD I believe people have problems catching that hooded fire bloke ( forgot his name)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 104
2/4/2013 7:34:09   
Leprechaun

Oh ok then, encountered him in about 5 tries and possesed him first time :D

Hmmm ''Rare'' should be changed to ''Gone'' or something!
Post #: 105
2/4/2013 7:40:55   
Antiwally

Finally found a darkon and possessed him on first try :D
Post #: 106
2/4/2013 7:47:33   
Leprechaun

^
Didnt posses DD in 12 tries :D
Post #: 107
2/4/2013 7:50:23   
Ninjaty

quote:

Hmmm ''Rare'' should be changed to ''Gone'' or something!

No, it shouldn't. "Rare" is a term used for describing something that is uncommon, and thus items that exists in limited quantity does fall under the definition. It is used to describe the limited quantity of millions of real life objects worldwide, and has been used for this purpose by Artix Entertainment for over 10 years. "Rare" in (all) AE games is used for content that is no longer available. So if anything should be changed, it should be that AE should kill of the term "rare encounter / drop", and instead say "uncommon encounter / drop", seeing as "rare encounter / drop" has been used for less than 5 years in AE, and shouldn't be confused with the things that are actually rare.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 2/4/2013 7:55:35 >
Post #: 108
2/4/2013 7:51:33   
megakyle777

quote:

@Kyle: welcome to the SG owning club XD I have 16 SGs left and planning on saving up for more so I can max out my x-boosts

Thank you. Alas, it is too late for me to get Founder, but at least I can get me a OP boss char for the day.

Speaking of SG, is there anything worth spending SG on? I kinda want to get DD and some other more useless chars (namely Crypt Samurai and Rex Warrior) but another part of me is aware that's a s stupid idea. Thoughts on SG spending?
DF  Post #: 109
2/4/2013 7:55:13   
Leprechaun

@Megakyle
Yay you got SG's! Congrats!
Post #: 110
2/4/2013 7:58:14   
Desmodus

@UnderSoul: Disturbing eldritch abomination? You mean something like Nyarlathotep?

@Megakyle: If you don't have her yet, Katana Zon is a good character to go for -- evolution of water apprentice.

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 2/4/2013 8:00:43 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 111
2/4/2013 8:01:19   
megakyle777

Indeed Leprechaun. Got me 10 Xboosts for Double Gold and XP (WHich is what I ALWAYS used to do first whenever I got currency in the past) and then brought me Feind Of Vergil pretty much solely for the power trip (Although after what Rolith posted, Rev psting the opposite, and BOTH getting deleted I consider it a 50/50 chance that they mauy keep it in SOME form)
DF  Post #: 112
2/4/2013 8:04:16   
Blackshock

Get pumpkin lord, best non-boss neutral out there
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 113
2/4/2013 8:12:44   
Vagaran

@Megakyle

Wow, you got SG's?

I got fresh souls if you are interested...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 114
2/4/2013 8:16:55   
JoelJ1998

man I think boss battles should be long and annoying instead of short and ending with you fustrated at being owned so quickly
DF AQW  Post #: 115
2/4/2013 8:21:08   
Vagaran

@JoelJ

The boss deck cards needs to have a raise in energy cost. That's all they need....The dmg is fine but 1 energy for 5 dmg and 2 energy for 8 dmg is...You know too OP.

Maybe like 4 for 5 dmg and 7 for 8 dmg could be made?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 116
2/4/2013 8:31:01   
megakyle777

Vagaran: I don't deal in souls. That can... backfire...

But yeah, I have SG's now. 53 to be precise.

Also, having thought about it I think one of these two options should be taken in regards to the Boss Chars. My favorite is in bold and I will explain why:

1: Up Energy Costs. This nerfs the char and prevents the issue.

2: Keep them as they are, but ban ANY Char with the title of Boss in their name from ANY form of PVP: This is simple: This way, people get to keep the Opness, but are unable to use them on real chars. This is my prefered option because

A: You keep the OP,

B: people can't use them against others thus preventing PVP balence issues, and

C: You could even make Boss Monsters a thing, where you for example get them as Prizes for PVP tournaments, give them away as contest prizes for the winners of a OS contest ETC, without harming people.
DF  Post #: 117
2/4/2013 8:31:44   
JoelJ1998

huh it's not even a challenge anymore it's a massacre
DF AQW  Post #: 118
2/4/2013 8:35:20   
Aranq

@Megakyle As long as people don't start bragging "I gotz 4,657,829,356,901 gold becuz me haz OP chars that killz dudez in 2 hitz (and 10x X-boost)," I'm fine with it. And that the really high gold amounts don't have any impact on gameplay (rewards for high gold).

@Below It is probably the best thing that can happen (crowd pleasing), but gold-based competitions would ruin it for me.

Am I the only forumite that still doesn't have VR (and for founders, FC?

< Message edited by Aranq -- 2/4/2013 8:41:49 >
Post #: 119
2/4/2013 8:38:54   
megakyle777

Aranq: That's gonna happen no matter what is done. Fact of life and video games.

But yeah, think about it: A "Boss" char like this could be given away as a prize for Contest Design or Offcial OS PVP torunaments. Prevent them from PVP modes (Although it may be cool to keep them in unranked or just for fun Mstches, I don't know) because of the name Boss and it keeps everyone who cares about balance happy and gives the Dev Team something cool to give away on offical stuff.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 2/4/2013 9:12:14 >
DF  Post #: 120
2/4/2013 8:44:38   
Riniti

I've yet to see Maggot e.o
Post #: 121
2/4/2013 8:48:11   
Blackshock

Was honestly surprised to STILL find sprout in PVE.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 122
2/4/2013 8:49:40   
Vagaran

Sorry but I disagree on option 2 :/

I only got the boss char so I could get it too 20 and use the normal version of it, if they let it stay OP and ban it, I really can't use it in PvP....

EDIT:

quote:

(and for founders, FC?

Nope, The Mango is still working on getting it.

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 2/4/2013 8:50:35 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 123
2/4/2013 8:52:10   
Riniti

quote:

(and for founders, FC?

I stopped working on it after I got my Knight to 10. Got distracted by other characters...
Post #: 124
2/4/2013 8:53:12   
Desmodus

^I haven't even started on my founder char. He's still a lvl 1 apprentice. I have other characters that I wanna rank up. . . I should get my rev egg evolved.

quote:

2: Keep them as they are, but ban ANY Char with the title of Boss in their name from ANY form of PVP: This is simple: This way, people get to keep the Opness, but are unable to use them on real chars. This is my prefered option because

A: You keep the OP,

B: people can't use them against others thus preventing PVP balence issues, and

C: You could even make Boss Monsters a thing, where you for example get them as Prizes for PVP tournaments, give them away as contest prizes for the winners of a OS contest ETC, without harming people.

Meesa like! This would be the best way to go imo. I'm not back from my power trip yet!

< Message edited by Desmodus -- 2/4/2013 8:55:55 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition