Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Omega Play-By-Play - Feb. 5, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Omega Play-By-Play - Feb. 5, 2013
Page 1 of 2212345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2013 10:29:30   
skeletondude

quote:

February 05, 2013
Omega Play-By-Play

The day you've all been waiting for is finally here: Omega Day! Join us for the play-by-play. Also follow us on our Twitter accounts for the latest Omega updates. Once we begin the updating process, the game will likely be offline for up to 5 hours while we make drastic database changes and update millions of character records. However, we will still be posting here to give you the latest progress updates.

10:19 A.M. E.S.T.: First Omega update. Good job, Nightwraith. We're still waiting for Rabble and Charfade. Testing is mostly completed. All that remains is to review the updating procedures to make sure we don't turn everyone into a health pack accidentally.

10:24 A.M. E.S.T.: Rabble has arrive.

10:35 A.M. E.S.T.: Charfade has arrive.

10:54 A.M. E.S.T.: Morning Omega meeting in which we outlay the massive task ahead of us.

12:05 P.M. E.S.T.: Meeting still underway. Clarifying additional uncertainties about the release. There's very little margine for error here. I wish I understood more about code, but it all sounds very scary and complicated. I think Imma draw stuff and test map screens while they're at it.

1:00 P.M. E.S.T.: First 5-Hour Energy of the day. I'm surprised I made it this long. Resolving minor last minute bugs brought up by testers.

1:15 P.M. E.S.T.: I would like to take this opportunity to announce that we will be restocking the Limited Quantity Shops as soon as Omega goes live. Also, a TON of content is leaving when the update is complete. Haven't killed the Dragonoid Brain? Never defeated Chairman Platinum? Don't have the Slayer's Armor? Hop to it!

1:15 P.M. E.S.T.: The To Do Post-It wall is nearly bare...

...while the borders of Doneland runneth over.

*Doneland is nearly 3 layers deep.

2:52 P.M. E.S.T.: EpicDuel is shutting down to install Omega updates. Players are gathered by the dozens in Oz world 7 to bid Delta a final goodbye!

3:03 P.M. E.S.T.: Uploaded nearly 800 new or modified swfs. We haven't even touched the database yet. D:

3:05 P.M. E.S.T.: A group of yetis carried away the servers! Now, we'll have to venture on an epic journey to recover them! Hobbit-style!

3:06 P.M. E.S.T.: Bribed Yeti's with cheeseburgers. Not quite so epic.

3:30 P.M. E.S.T.: Attempting to clear the CDN cache so you can see all the new assets. "Purge All?" Seems legit. *Push*

3:46 P.M. E.S.T.: Testing new character creation. New armors -- online. New hairstyles -- online. Silly name --online.

3:54 P.M. E.S.T.: Awarding Varium, credits and achievements to enhancers.

4:14 P.M. E.S.T.: Running scripts to map all the items in game in every player's inventory to the new Omega system. Million of records being updated. Some serious math, yo!

5:00 P.M. E.S.T.: Sorting out some bugs with the update scripts. We're working as fast as we can, but we don't want to make any careless mistakes!

5:22 P.M. E.S.T.: Testing live character creation. Success!

6:12 P.M. E.S.T.: Bringing testers to Live server for final testing!

7:17 P.M. E.S.T.: Only minor issues so far! Easily fixed. For best results be sure to clear your cache before logging into Omega!

8:06 P.M. E.S.T.: Bugs are nearly smashed. Almost time to open the Omega floodgates!

Tags: Nightwraith

Tagged. -- SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/5/2013 20:14:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/5/2013 10:39:17   
SouL Prisoner

5 HOURS! WOO .. Really ??

Btw , titan said I do not want everyone to turn into boosters, that means boosters not going rare ??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/5/2013 10:41:27   
FishNoobCrack

^^
It's a metaphor for not screwing up people's accounts.
Post #: 3
2/5/2013 10:47:28   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Fishcrack is right, its a metaphore.
But did the update start now or does it start later?

Im on my mobile, cant check now?
Epic  Post #: 4
2/5/2013 10:48:36   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Looks like I will have to take a break from AQ's Paladin v necromancer war to try out Omega when it is released. It has been a long time coming but it should be well worth the wait.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 2/5/2013 10:49:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/5/2013 10:50:34   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Blitzex, the update is not yet, it will most likely be announced on Twitter, or in the Play-by-play Design Notes post when the update is ready to proceed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/5/2013 10:54:10   
megakyle777

If any of the team is there, I would like to ask this in regards to your Epicduel Plan: How will cope with a story? I am aware there are a few story things like the Yeti, but I would enjoy a more coherent Story structure. I have always fel;t that set in suich a atmosphere as this Epicduel could have the best out of AE's stories so I would like to know more about this, because I recall you saying something about trying to beat down "Scary Town" in a older post when planning about Omega and having no clear or coherent story in ED is my personal "Scary Town" when it comes to this game which puts me off.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 2/5/2013 10:55:21 >
DF  Post #: 7
2/5/2013 10:55:22   
drinde

Typical. Just when I have to go to sleep. :P
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/5/2013 10:57:31   
Remorse

Sweet looks like I can get some sleep after all.

And when I wake up....... OMEGA!! Huzza!!

Good night all!

:D
Epic  Post #: 9
2/5/2013 10:58:26   
King Helios

quote:

10:54 A.M. E.S.T.: Morning Omega meeting in which we outlay the massive task ahead of us.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/5/2013 11:04:18   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Thank you digital X for answering!
Epic  Post #: 11
2/5/2013 11:11:05   
ashtonsdad

So I was just in game on Epic server in OZ*7 and everyone is saying 5 hours until update. After 3 years of playing this game one thing I learned is to not listen to player comments when talking about release information. Now I see Digi has said something contrary to that and I am just trying to get clarification on it. Anyone with solid reason to believe it will in the next 5 hours, or even today?

Stand for Something, or You Will Fall for Anything!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/5/2013 11:12:07   
Stabilis

quote:

10:24 A.M. E.S.T.: Rabble has arrive.

No Dynasty Warriors reference?

"Rabble enters the battle" *crowd starts shouting*
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/5/2013 11:13:36   
Lycan.

Will it take 5 hours to update Omega?
Wow...
Epic  Post #: 14
2/5/2013 11:25:32   
zion

Good - time to sleep b4 the update...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/5/2013 11:40:24   
rene196

So like 4 hours till update...

Can't believe it takes so long to update and stuff:P

Well let us hope that they keep theyr word(looks most likely possible).

I might be staying up. might not be though if I am I'll get the code first thing and then see the restocked items(if there are any).

Hope there's enough codes to lay around ...
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/5/2013 11:45:43   
Calogero

Rene

The Update will take 5 hours, not 5 hours till update...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/5/2013 11:48:26   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

quote:

Will it take 5 hours to update Omega?
Wow..
When the server goes offline, and the team is ready to roll the update: Yeah, thats a rough estimate of how long it going to take, since Omega got ton of changes compare to previous phases. Could take less than 5 hours, or could take more than 5 hours. When a patch is rolling onto the live servers, bugs could suddenly pop out of nowhere that didn't appear during testing. If thats the case, we gotta make sure to get rid of them, especially game breaking bugs that pops up (Like if compensation from the enhancements not awarded correctly to players. It can happen!).

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 2/5/2013 11:49:24 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/5/2013 11:53:00   
ansh0

quote:

(Like if compensation from the enhancements not awarded correctly to players. It can happen!).

Don't say that!
Epic  Post #: 19
2/5/2013 11:53:48   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

When I read this I was shizzing myself *literally*

quote:

Omega launches today! Follow the DNs for an Omega play-by-play
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/5/2013 11:54:18   
xPl0opyx

@mecha mario when will the servers go offline to update if you know?
Epic  Post #: 21
2/5/2013 12:00:42   
Axel459
The Void Calls

It feels weird being in this part of the forums, anyway I'm looking forward to Omega
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
2/5/2013 12:15:04   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Megakyle7777: The story line in EpicDuel will become more prominent, however up to now, apart from the wars etc. more focus has been put on building the game up, which will allow for more flexibility with the story and other things in the future. This means that yes, there's a story line, and you can follow it, however you may find that not every update is something to do with it and that it is mainly the main events along with missions that contribute to the story! As the story goes a long, it should become more clear what is happening and the structure of events in it.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/5/2013 12:22:52   
Yo son

Lol 5 hours?

quote:

Looks like I will have to take a break from AQ's Paladin v necromancer war to try out Omega when it is released. It has been a long time coming but it should be well worth the wait.

what side are you battling for Oliver? am owning them week Paladins, no more Artrix if the Necromancer win, woot woot.
Post #: 24
2/5/2013 12:28:47   
rene196

Also guys will there be a restock in this update????
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Omega Play-By-Play - Feb. 5, 2013
Page 1 of 2212345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition