Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Are Battles Ending too Quickly?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Are Battles Ending too Quickly?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2013 12:21:24   
Stabilis

^

Not sure if sarcasm or serious. Depending on chance is probably the most unreliable plan ever. Pun intended.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
2/6/2013 13:14:00   
King Helios

You have, if 3 strikes with 20% block chance, a 48.8% chance to block one strike, which should allow you to win. You also have about a 50% chance to go first, which, again, should let you win.

That is a 24% chance you block and go first, a 24.8% to just block, and a 26% chance to just go first. Either one of those scenarios will allow you to win, giving you a 74.8% win rate against STR builds.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/6/2013 13:46:44   
Stabilis

quote:

You have, if 3 strikes with 20% block chance, a 48.8% chance to block one strike

That is nice and all, but I play on a majority basis. My chance has to be greater than 50%. Anything equal to or less than 50% is not worth the risk in my opinion. If not it is lterally "fighting an uphill battle tied to a jumbo jet".

But anyhow if we get back to the basics and reliable numbers, if I can damage my opponent for 20% of their health at a time while they get 33% at a time, I am likely going to lose anyways.

That is involving a tank build losing against various Strength and Focus and all that damage output.
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
2/6/2013 17:08:41   
Giras Wolfe

The lower HP pools makes massacre even more overpowered because massacre's damage is still calculated the way it used to be. Same story with Berzerker.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/6/2013 17:12:04   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Merc is a 2-3 shot kill now
BH and CH Massacre is too strong
I saw a strength abuse BM with 17-21 str, which sin't too bad, but then had 148 hp

Strength is still overpowered!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/6/2013 21:55:45   
hijinks

One word:

Yes!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/6/2013 22:14:12   
Giras Wolfe

I use max shadow arts, high dex, and level 7 smokescreen. Merc's HATE me, but its still entirely up to luck who wins. Either he does 60 damage or he does ZERO damage. There's no middle ground.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/6/2013 22:46:19   
nico0las

Double Strike
Berzerker
End.

Seems pretty quick to me, no?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/6/2013 22:50:43   
Giras Wolfe

All the "strategic" options opened up by skill cores are dwarfed by the fact that you get steamrolled by strength builds in 2-3 turns. If you rebuff your defenses, they can easily switch damage types until the shield wears off. Thus, rebuffing just takes you a turn closer to death. Healing just puts off the inevitable. Even the full +60 heal can be taken back away in 2 turns. There's just no way to get your defenses high enough to stop the damage.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Are Battles Ending too Quickly?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition