Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Jug mode now unplayable

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Jug mode now unplayable
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2013 0:23:21   
Mother1

I tried it out and now due to the lack of boosters and less stats the script has been flipped. While I am happy the players can fight jugs, it is now almost impossible for jugs to actually stand a chance due to this.
Epic  Post #: 1
2/6/2013 0:34:37   
Anggit a7x

I also forgot to tell you that I jugg and I have been giving it a chance and it isnt giving me one -_-
Post #: 2
2/6/2013 0:36:18   
theholyfighter

Haven't jugged yet.....
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/6/2013 0:46:54   
Fortitudo

I think it's quite playable now. Juggernauts just got too used to the imbalance, that now they expect it.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/6/2013 0:47:34   
happysmurf44

Check the daily jugg wins for single and faction .... nuff said its a rough time and i think if we just wait and see if it gets tweaked. we all know nerfs and buffs are going to happen but now instead of by class its by level and when they find that level appropriate balance im sure itll be fine.
Epic  Post #: 5
2/6/2013 0:48:15   
theholyfighter

^Wat the ____

You can check the leaderboards....

Juggernaut is DEFINITELY unplayable...
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/6/2013 0:52:27   
happysmurf44

I know it is ahhaha i said that its proof did you read the post in its entirety i just said that it will be a few updates till the devs find the new balance this system is much better but still is always gonna need a few tweaks

Epic  Post #: 7
2/6/2013 0:55:03   
Mother1

As it is now it is unplayable. We lost our extra stats, and with everyone being on equal footing and having extra powers jugs are getting destroyed. I knew it would happen.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/6/2013 0:55:43   
Fortitudo

"with everyone being on equal footing"

Why change that. ^
Epic  Post #: 9
2/6/2013 0:57:29   
Mother1

Jug mode was made when varium had power. Back then extra stats made it easy to tank, but at the same time a good team could win. however now extreme builds are going through jugs like wet paper bags. I don't mind equal footing, however this is just a slaughter.

Have you tried playing on the other side of the bridge? I am looking at your character, and you are the person who creamed me 3 times and you even said to me that "this is easy now."

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 2/6/2013 0:59:29 >
Epic  Post #: 10
2/6/2013 0:57:55   
happysmurf44

yep juggs really dont have an edge over the opponent any more i believe that lowering the max level cap would be a quick fix for now but until numbers are crunched i think it is really hard to tell what needs to be done jugg gets first turn wouldnt hurt but still either way its a stat overload for the jugg to handle
Epic  Post #: 11
2/6/2013 1:09:51   
Fortitudo

The difficulty of the mode should reflect the reward. I think it does.
Epic  Post #: 12
2/6/2013 1:21:31   
Mother1

Not really. Before it would only award 6 more credits then you get in 2 vs 2 if you win. If you lose the rewards are the same or can I ask have you played as a juggernaut before?

There is a difference between balance and complete slaughter.

I am not sure if you seen it, but even back in delta both sides stood a chance of winning when fully equipped. I changed my build and class several times with different builds and guess what? it is still the same. So while you may think it is balanced due to you getting as you said "easy" wins this mode is still unbalanced. In fact it was more balanced in delta then it is now because then both sides could win now it is almost completely one sided.

Epic  Post #: 13
2/6/2013 1:35:10   
theholyfighter

Omg I have seen LOTS of ppl doing something that just makes me sigh...

They abuse the freedom of speech and spread out very biased opinions trying to gain a full sided benefit...
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/6/2013 1:43:35   
xxmirxx

i find all modes to be un fair so not just jugs.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
2/6/2013 3:56:42   
theholyfighter

^ 1VS1 is fair. Others aren't. (The "others" include NPCs)
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/6/2013 4:13:40   
ale6300

The npcs are really overpowered, yesterday in delta killed nightwraith without problem, with omega her defeated my bounty hunter without problems.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/6/2013 12:03:03   
Fortitudo

Really I think people were worrying too much in the first few hours. Look at the juggernaut leader boards now. They are very similar to 1v1 & 2v2, as they should be. It just took a while for builds to change and players to adapt.
Epic  Post #: 18
2/6/2013 13:22:35   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

It aint playable at all.
Just wanted to see where all this fuss is about so i did some juggs.

Lost 4 out of 5.
And i have 95.3% win ratio !!

This is outrages, they need to give the boosters back ASAP!!!
Epic  Post #: 19
2/6/2013 13:43:22   
King Helios

My faction has an almost 50% win ratio (44.8%, Crossed Swords, 13th). This is good, and that is the 8th best ratio on the leaderboards.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/6/2013 15:20:45   
EpicIsEpic

Impssible to be jugg
Post #: 21
2/6/2013 15:22:40   
Fortitudo

@Blitzex
"And i have 95.3% win ratio !!"

Case in point dude. This ratio is not indicative of skill, but rather an imbalance. Since you’ve been able to have such a ratio for so long, you now expect it. Look at 1v1 and 2v2 wins on the leaderboards. They usually have a range of ratios from ~50% to a high of ~80% and you don’t see 1v1 or 2v2 players complaining that they can’t have a 95.3% win ratio.

Now, currently the ratio for juggernauts ranges from ~30% to ~80%. It is only slightly lower than that of the 1v1 and 2v2. The reason for this is because of all the changes. Juggernauts now have to make new builds and play smart to win consistently. Obviously the range of win percentages show that some good players have continued to do well, but others that have used enhancements as a crutch can no longer do so.

To further emphasize my point, here are the current highest ratios on the daily leaderboards.

1v1 wins – 80.3%
2v2 wins – 83.7%
Juggernaut wins – 87.9%!

As you don’t seem to be able to draw conclusions properly, juggernauts can obviously still do well, as indicated by the highest win % on the leaderboards.

---------------------------------

@King Helios
I can make the same point for faction leaderboards, but I hope you can make that connection yourself.

< Message edited by Fortitudo -- 2/6/2013 16:11:26 >
Epic  Post #: 22
2/6/2013 23:01:47   
Average

I just checked the leaderboards and.... wow.

Yesterday I tried fighting a jug as a lower level, and won it first try. Maybe it should be where you can use 1 booster instead of 2? That would be more fair, but not unbalanced like Delta.
Post #: 23
2/6/2013 23:10:37   
Mother1

@ average

We can't use boosters at all period. Add to the fact that anti jug builds got a buff due there being less health crippled jugs. While some people are happy about this (the people who used to get beaten by jugs without ever playing as the jug) those who have done both are hurting now.

Normal builds that pack a punch but not a lethal one in delta such as max malf max plasma bolt can still be done due to the flexiblity of stats on items, The same could be said of extreme strength builds and every other build that packed a punch but not a lethal one to jugs. However in omega instead of packing a decent punch they are overkill. While the jug can change his or her build around they lost that extra protection while the wolves (formerly sheep) have gotten a supercharge since they are only going against one while the jug has to go against two that are supercharged.

Heck with my merc alt due to my partner getting disconnected I was able to solo a level 35 jug without too much trouble. If something isn't wrong with that I don't know what is.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 2/6/2013 23:11:46 >
Epic  Post #: 24
2/7/2013 17:05:59   
1wd

I agree, I miss Juggernauts (because I'm only level 29 noob). I don''t see them anymore, and this needs to change. Perhaps when a player plays this mode, they gain 15 extra life to max health to compensate? I don't know, I was too cheap to buy the card.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Jug mode now unplayable
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition