Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

10,000 Years (Book 1)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> 10,000 Years (Book 1)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/7/2013 1:02:12   
The White Knight

Thank you to Tep Itaki, for Co-Authoring with me !

Story:

Prologue: For 10,000 years Dragons have ruled the skies. They have, and always shall be ruled by a council of eight. Each Dragon resembling an element, Fire, Water, Wind, Ice, Earth, Energy, Light, and Darkness. Soon, Elves and Dwarves were brought into the mix, soon after Humans followed. So to fix the balance and give way into the Kingdom of Dragons; the eight Dragon lords had an Amulet forged for each of the 3 races' kings. Three for the Elves, one for the Humans, and one for the Dwarves. With the amulets the Kings and Queens of each race could transform into a dragon themselves and fly up to Arlzo-Creid, and meet the Elder dragons for a council that would be held every 500 years. Unfortunately as time passed, people of all races desired more power, including the dragons. The Dragon lords exiled many of their power hungry kin to Mt. Sheol. It was a Hell on Earth, where the extreme were sent to die, but sometimes it threw something back to the regular world. It threw back the great eight's corrupted brother. Zombay.

Chapter I: The Unbroken

A silent forest outstretched along a winding set of mountains. Nothing but a young man's voice could be heard as he whispered to himself. "Must get away. It isn't much further till I arrive at the void," he spoke only to himself as he sprinted in an unknown direction. "He mus'nt catch me," he said with panic in his voice. He constantly had to hit branches out of his face. The dew that rested on the leaves had left his clothing soaked. He knew not how long he had been running through this accursed forest. Soon the young man found a covered hatch. He cleared the hatch of the camouflage that hid it. A purple portal lay underneath the trapdoor, he had found the entrance to the Void. He hesitated as he looked into the vast expanse that was the innards of the portal. A loud, low growl was let out of a gigantic creature that seemed only seconds behind him. With the creature that was pursuing him only footsteps behind he jumped into the portal without any idea of what could happen.

I woke up to a beam of light shining through my window. I sat up on my bed. It has been 500 years to the day. That meant another Elemental Congress that I must attend. I am the Great Light Dragon, why ever do I have to lower myself to speak to my imbecilic brothers, I asked myself. I walked across the room to a large wooden Wardrobe where my clothes hung. I drew a pair of silk pants and a padded silk shirt. The padding only made my thin, and slightly muscular figure seem more masculine. I took my pair of shoes from the dresser beneath the Wardrobe. Today would be a long day. I was already running late; I could feel it was slightly past noon and I had to be there by 2 P.M. I opened a door that was connected to my bedroom that led to a large runway of about a 200 foot length and about a 100 foot width. It was a ramp off the great castle that I had set up for myself in Arlzo-Creid. My hair grew longer as it melded into my back to form pure white jagged scales and my tail; the scales protruded outward behind me and ran from my neck to the tip of my tail. My fingers and arms grew longer and larger as my skin stretched alongside with the transformation to form my wings; a wingspan of twice my dragonic size. My horns expanded in length as my visage took a more beastly form; my voice grew deeper as my fangs sharpened to cut even diamonds. My pupils dilated as it formed a slit in both my eyes, granting me clearer and sharper vision. The sun's light reflected off my scales brightly as I lifted my upper body and wings with my hind legs. I lowered my body as I raised my wings and with a mighty beat, I was already high in the sky. As I began my flight, I could see the Congressional building was but a minute's flight away. Arlzo-Creid was an enormous city, built so that Dragons and humanoids could roam the streets freely without worry of being stuck in a cramped walkway. I took no notice of the denizens that littered the streets below me as I flew. I was focused intently upon my brethren that would be in attendance at the council room today. I did not look forward to seeing any of them.
I arrived at the Congressional building relatively quick. I transformed into my human form as I hovered above the entrance balcony. I fell a considerable height as not to injure the building in my draconian form. I walked inside. As I descended the wondrous staircase that lead directly to the large table that the 8 of us would sit at I saw my younger brother Nilfheim, the Ice Dragon already sitting in his assigned seat. His blue-gray hair hung slightly passed his ear. He left it unkempt and his cyan eyes stared listlessly at the marble table he sat at. He too donned the fanciest clothing of his home region. The Mountain of Frostwer. "Brother!" I shouted with open arms.

"Paul! It has been quite the while since I have seen you!" Returned one of my fair-haired brothers. We hugged momentarily before exchanging niceties.

"How have you been? How is the Mt. Frost? How is that maiden I last saw you chasing after?" I questioned him with a hint of mockery.

"Haha Brother. They are all good. That young maiden I chased after, turned out to be an assassin! Somehow I knew you'd ask that!" Exclaimed my Nilfheim through bellowing laughs.

"You wouldn't start the party without me now would you my brothers?" Said a brother much older than Nilfheim, but still much younger than I. Our Earth Dragon brother Oragoth. He had black hair that was kept extremely short. With a set of pure brown eyes. His intentions would always be pure. He too was one of my more favored brothers. He walked down with a sort of a giggle as he teased us.

"We wouldn't want you ruining the party with your drunkard ways!" retorted Nilfheim, always brash and childish, but here with family it was okay to ignore the regular respectful tone.

"At least I don't go chasing down assassin bar maidens!" jeered Oragoth, striking Nilfheim deep. I stared at Nilfheim frightened he was actually offended, but then we all began to laugh harder for we all knew it was true. My brothers began to walk in one-by-one slowly first came my Dark Dragon brother Kor, his hair was as dark as the abysses he called eyes, though he had too kind of a heart to hurt anyone. Kor and I shared the dominance of the age ladder. We were twins and the oldest of the eight. Soon after our Fire Dragon brother Matthew arrived his hair was brushed back and a dark red color with eyes that were gold and orange, he shared in Nilfheim's innocent age. Following Matthew was our Wind brother Christian, he was Oragoth's twin brother, he had a shiny grey head of hair; well half-head, he shaved had shaved off have his hair on the left side so that it showed his scalp, and his eyes always had a dulled look about them, they too were grey though. In quick succession our Energy Dragon brother Zaxkex arrived his eyes were a lime green, with a light turquoise grey hair that slightly covered his eyes. He and Lejund were the second oldest in line of our brothers only 242 years younger than Kor and I. Then our final brother arrived, Lejund The Water Dragon. Lejund had a twisted look on his face. His blue hair that was tied into a short ponytail, was matched with the bluest of eyes. His eyes were as deep and treacherous as the ocean itself.

"Shall we begin?" I asked as all had received a drink and had sat down after exchanging history with one another. "This marks the 20th Penta-Centennial Elemental Congress!" I told my brethren who all cheered. "Let the 20th Penta-Centennial Congress of the Eight Great Dragons... BEGIN!"

Chapter II: Loosening Chains

I slouched into my chair, I did not want to be part of my brother's bickering and squabbling over the issues of their kingdom. My kingdom was witnessing its 1,500th year of peace. I needed not to come to these meetings, they only ask for help with their own sovereignty.

"Well, with Paul's introduction, I shall begin I assume." said Kor, in his usual pragmatic way. "Unfortunately, though it is not my domain, I had spies conveying Mt. Sheol, they are saying that a strange power is growing there. It grows fast, and in irregular patterns. One of my spies said that this 'corruption' has almost reached the base of the eastern side of the mountain." Explained Kor. "I have had reports saying that the overhead view of where we cast our..." Kor glared at me, referring to something only us two should remember.

"Brother... where we cast our brother, is what you meant to say Kor." Interrupted young Nilfheim with a grave, and pale look cast upon his face. He stared blankly into his lap as if he was frightened by the reference he made. "Where you and Paul sent our other older brother, Zombay, to rot for eternity!" He shouted as tears streamed down his face. We could all feel energy pulsating from his body.

"Nilfy, we didn't do eh..." Kor tried to assuage the situation slightly before Nilfheim exploded.

"You exiled him without reason!" Shouted Nilfheim as he was about to transform.

"Calm down. We didn't banish him for no reason." I explained " I personally banished him because he sought to destroy the balance Kor and I were working toward. He wanted to rule over not one, not two, not three, but four different elements and remain their guardian. He was a power hungry warmonger. It wasn't as if I was being dictatorial." I told my family. "When he would not take no for an answer, he sought to make an end war against all other creatures. Which in his way was 'teaching' our brethren who truly ruled. He planned to storm Arlzo-Creid, and take his power by force. He forged an army through lies and deceit. When it came for blades to be drawn, Kor, Pedar, and the others whom soon became known as horsemen of the apocalypse, joined me in being the protectors of Arlzo-Creid, I destroyed an entire army of our brothers with but a single blade. I am referred to Kin-Slayer by the old ones for a reason." I said solemnly. "Soon though Pedar took an interest in the power of all elements, he did so sneakily, and he paid the price of it. We banished him with not as severe a punishment, yes, but his punishment was exile to the mountain of Ragrul. Zombay was Kor and I's triplet brother. He resides on what used to be Mt. Sheol. If what Kor says is right, then what I feared most occurred."

"If your original thought did occur Paul, then none of us are safe." answered Kor.

"I understand that. I plan to look into it myself. Do not worry brother." I reassured my brethren. I didn't know what had happened at Mt. Sheol. I knew that I would have to gather up the self-appointed horsemen of the apocalypse yet again. I feared this time the corruption would be too much. As my brothers spoke of other topics and the problems that were associated with them, I gave Oragoth a look. He knew that we would have to ride to the mountain again. We had 2 more to get before we were ready. We looked over at each other occasionally knowing what lay ahead, we had been in there for what was nearing 8 hours, but then Lejund caught my attention.

"If Zombay is making an army, shouldn't we make our own." He blurted out. With a surprised look on my face, I glowered at Lejund. Why would he say such an idiotic thing I questioned myself.

"We shall raise no army brother. If you plan to or wish to and move ahead with your plans. Be assured you will be going against all your brethren and that it will not end well. " Matthew interjected with an upset glare.

"What I do with my people is my business." claimed Lejund.

"It is your business to the point where it interfere's with our sovereignty, I do not recall asking or permitting you to assist with mine. I will personally handle the Zombay situation, which at best is a rumor, and if you choose to raise an army, I will personally attend to that situation too my brother." I scolded Lejund harshly.

"If you are to threaten my land, and its ruler Paul, then war you shall create." Yelled Lejund threateningly

"Calm down NOW." commanded Kor.

"You wish to wage a war on me brother? If so I will give you all attempts to try and kill me brother. You know not the limits of my real power." I said mocking my younger brother.

"I wouldn't suggest doing that..." Christian said as he looked up from his lap for the first time the entire conference. "If you truly wish to challenge the one even we should call 'Kin-Slayer' then you are more foolish than any of us presumed Lejund." Christian said calmly to our brother. " I don't think you fully understand why in fact he holds the conference. Do you not understand, that even together he can beat us? He doesn't rule by force, he rules by kindness, and many a dragon know that we cannot beat him. It is moronic of you to even question his authority. Pedar is the only one in this land who can even challenge Paul, and he left to assure the balance isn't upset." Scolded a younger Christian.

I only stared at Lejund. "This is not the end brother! Paul, understand me now, I will kill you, and I WILL take your power do you understand me?" I was apparently warned.

"You are a fool, and worst of all you are one of the weakest of my brothers, yet you speak as if you are the most powerful. If the time comes that you wish to claim name to your threats you know where I shall be child. Try not to get too many of your citizens killed in a battle." I jested as he stormed out.

"Paul that was too far." Said Kor with a somber tone.

"What was I supposed to do." I questioned in return.

"I do not know. I fear he will only loosen his hatred on something that you might actually fear brother." said Kor as he looked at me, signaling that we both knew what I feared.

"I will deal with the situation. I assume with Lejund's exit, that this congress has been ended?" I looked at Kor questioningly.

"I hereby end the 20th Elemental Congress." Shouted Nilfheim with a depressed look. No one looked glad. I feared what this would signal.

Chapter III: The Lost One

I watched everyone walk out. "Brother?" Oragoth looked at me. He put his hand on my shoulder. "You read for this?" he asked me.

"I am going alone. I already know what awaits me there. If I can at least weaken it, the lot of you can go and finish him off." I said emotionless. I walked out on my brother. I didn't know what to do any longer. I knew that my brothers were becoming more childish as the days grow on. That wasn't my worry though, I needed to find a new Light Dragon. I knew where I must travel to. I looked to the south of the Congress building. Mt. Ragrul, storm clouds had appeared over Arlzo-Creid. What was happening to my world I asked myself.

"You know sooner or later one of them is going to snap at you." I heard Kor's voice say to me from behind. "If you truly plan to fight Zombay you know you are going to need a successor. Christian was right, you are powerful to take on any of us. Together though, we would win. Oragoth told me you refuse to ride into Zombay's throne with your horsemen. This isn't like you brother something is wrong." continued Kor. I couldn't admit to him that he was right.

"Nothing is wrong. I am watching out for everyone's safety I am always like that." I lied blatantly to his face. He stared into my eyes.

"I am wondering if maybe corruption has gotten to you too... Kin-Slayer." said Kor, whispering the last word as he jumped off the balcony and transformed. A large dragon of equal size yet black with spike protruding all over his body. It head had four spikes pushing out from its skull, a deep grumble in its stomach that preceded it saying, " Your name shall fit you yet again, if you choose to return to Sheol. Choose wisely my brother, your past actions still haunt you." The dragon stared at my sternum, I looked down in its direction as well. For anyone was familiar with the tale of the Great Dragon who slew them all, they knew about the mark that branded him eternally for his betrayal. A mark of a red dragon flying into a vortex was branded upon my chest for eternity. I wore it for destroying my brethren, it shamed me like a tattoo. I looked back at Mt. Ragrul, the storm had gotten worse. I transformed into my dragon form as I jumped off the balcony. I began flying into the distance I knew something would occupy my mind as I made my hour long journey. As I flew, a strange vision continually popped into my head. As an image of a broken figure's silhouette called my name, I could see vines connected to its body, slowly regenerating its limbs and body. It whispered to me. "P-Pa-P-Pau-Paul" It began to say violently. The flashing of the vision faded away almost instantly when I realized I was at Mt. Ragrul.

"So, Kin-Slayer, decided to pay one of his twin brothers a visit. Does he wish to extend upon his name, his shame, and his guilt, or does he come for something else?" I heard the deep voice of a dragon that I had not heard for many centuries.

"Pedar come out. I do not wish to kill you. I wish to ask you a question my brother." I admitted staring into a dark cave that stood in front of me.

"I believe that your need would require quite the dire circumstances. Would it not?" Questioned a now human voice as it neared the exit of the cave. A young man stepped out. Hair blackened, eyes white as the clouds. He looked at me covered in ceremonial crowning robes for the old draconian kings' ceremonies. "What would you ask my brother?" asked Pedar.

"Zombay, his area that he was banished to, it has been covered by mysterious dark spikes. The congress wants to journey and end whatever is covering Mt. Sheol, while Oragoth wishes to involve the riders. I do not know what to do. Can you help? You are believed to be the wisest of the four." I explained to Pedar.

"What do you seek in the center of the Corruption that has formed in Mt. Sheol? Do you seek redemption for what you did many ages ago? Do you hope to see Zombay there, reformed and prepared to return to normal society do you want him to replace you as the current Light Elemental? What is it brother? What do you truly seek?" Questioned my brother fiercely.

"I seek to know Zombay is safe, and that his sanity is returned. In seeing that I can begin to redeem myself in my own eyes. No matter how despicable I am." I confessed to Pedar.

"Take this then brother." He said as he handed me a green ball. "It shall guide you when you are near the entrance to corruption. If you so choose to even go." He said as he hurriedly turned back into the twisted dragon he was, and before I could even get a glimpse of what my brother had become he had crawled back into his cave. I decided that I was going to go to the corruption. I had two final stops. The Vampire King and The WereWolf Queen.

Chapter IV: The Old
"I came for help S, if you don't want to provide it don't. Zombay is out of control; Paul and I are planning on preparing the four of us. We need to fight him. Word on the street is Lejund has disappeared, we not only want your help, we need it."

I arrived to see Oragoth, speaking to the Vampire King, who we called S, for short. His commonly known name was Scorpio, but most people who weren't his enemy only called him S. "You beat me here Oragoth?"

"I have been trying to convince S since the conference was ended. He won't budge he thinks we can't go to Sheol alone. He even says that Nitra has been feeling an extremely dark presence lurking at the summit."

"It is true Paul, I have." whispered Nitra, as she walked out from the shadows her sleek body and tanned skin, in tandem with her skimpy outfit made her stand out from the rest of the grungy characters that stood in the dim, torch lit room. In contrast to the more toned, pasty skin of her significant other, S. "Whatever is waiting up there, it isn't alone anymore, something has joined it, if you don't bring your family Paul, it will be a suicide mission, and I am not going to jump head-first into death." Nitra informed as she walked over to S's lap and took a seat.

"Then what do you suggest dear friends?" questioned Oragoth obviously stressed out.

"They suggest we don't go, until it requires all of our brethren's immediate attention." The realization struck me like a knife in the ribs. I recall Pedar's point, if what I am seeking is, in actuality, the opposite of what my ideal dream of Zombay is, then I am truly in danger.

"No matter, Oragoth, you aren't destined to join Paul in his journey to Sheol." S pointed out obscurely.

"Why won't I?" Oragoth looked back questioningly.

"Because as we speak and uprising in your underground kingdom is about to occur. You will probably be too busy to deal with it. The situation Paul is looking to deal with reaches it Apex tomorrow, while you fix an insurgence in your home." S claimed. "I have had numerous Werewolves that live in your kingdom confirm this, and even a group of Nitra's Vampire's. I am sorry." Oragoth looked shocked, this wasn't good in any of our parts, I had no idea how we would go about this.

"I am going to go, good luck in your endeavors my friends." I wished them good tidings before I would leave. I retreated almost immediately. My body was giving away, I knew my power was leaving my body. I knew it in my heart I couldn't wait till tomorrow. Today was going to have to do. I needed to return to Arlzo-Creid and gather my equipment before I began my journey. I needed the blade that slew an entire race to the edge of extinction. I needed to retrieve my cursed blade.

Chapter V: Tyrfing
I had returned to the my bedroom, Tyrfing though was hidden. As I clicked on a small button in my clothing cabinet, a small compartment revealed itself; showing the cursed blade. Its white blade glimmered in the sunlight that broke through the room's apertures. It's jet black handle and hilt gleamed in a shadowy comparison to the white blade. Though this blade had met the blood of thousands of creatures, its color had never even changed in the slightest.

I could feel it taking its toll on me already. It drained my energy almost immediately, I knew that once the fight began it would finally protect me. I placed it across my belt, returning it to the sheathe hanging there. As a shadow was cast inside my bedroom I strode over to the window slowly. As I looked out a huge storm began to appear, as if to signify some negative outcome in my nearby future. I wasn't worried Tyrfing would help me do the impossible yet again.

"If you plan to go maybe you should hear the rumors surrounding Zombay." said a voice from behind me. I immediately drew my blade placing it inches within the person's face. It was surprising Lejund, not startled that the blade was staring him in the eyes. He just glared at me. "Put the blade down. I am not here to harm you." he reassured.

"Then why are you here?" I already knew, but I asked anyway.

"I came to tell you about Zombay." he glared at me. "It is being said that he has dipped into power that hasn't been seen in over 10,000 years. They are saying that he has been corrupted by the forgotten." clarified my brother.

"The Forgetten." my eyes lost focus as I just said the name, I vaguely recalled its face, not its name but its face was in a shadowy blur, but I could only remember that a tyrannical creature ruled the world before me and my family threw it off its throne.

"Paul, if this is true, You at your peak couldn't beat what Zombay has become." explained Lejund.

"I know, but what other choice do I have? I will stop him, and last time we fought it, I didn't have Tyrfing." I retorted kindly.

"Tyrfing, has been draining your life for almost 9,500 years Paul, when Christian had made his statement at the conference, it was obvious you had neglected to tell him. You neglected to tell us all. Paul you need help. You won't be able to survive this, but I won't fight with you. I wish you luck my brother." As he said the last thing, I jumped out the window and transformed, I had a journey to begin. I knew this next part would be hard and as I began to fly I thought about the last time I had seen Zombay.

I could see Sheol's darker than average thunder clouds roaming around the slightly lighter storm clouds surrounding it. What had happened here, and even worse, why did I too now feel a familiar second presence. This only began to bode worse for me. I decided I would fly straight into the corrupt clouds, revert to my human form, and trek the rest of the journey by foot. I did exactly that reverted after about 3 seconds of flying inside the clouds. I dropped for at least 10 seconds of free fall before I saw the ground. I landed with an enormous shock wave. When I looked up though, what I saw assured my end.

Chapter VI: Familiar Faces
My eyes had to be deceiving me. It couldn't be.

"You had to come didn't you? No matter, killing you will give me the power to be Zombay's right hand man."

"Why...?"

"I wanted power Paul, you were always about keeping it reserved, well no more, Zombay plans to rule with an iron fist, people will be able to release their strength and not cause harm to King Zombay."

"You betray your family, Lejund." I hissed. I stared at him, keeping eye contact. "I won't let you do this."

"You..." Lejund tried to comment.

"You won't have a chance to." a voice ushered it self in from above.

"Zombay, you too have a death wish, I see." I glanced at my exiled brother's direction only to see a twisted figure of what I once knew. He was covered in black vines that seethed dark smoke from their creases. I was disgusted by what I had turned family into. I knew I had already justified it, but it was sickening to stare at my monstrous creation.

"Lejund, I need you to go to Arlzo-Creid, I want you to seek Paul's apprentice, and kill him. Is that understood? I will deal with Paul." commanded my deformed brother.

"Right away sir." Lejund said as he bowed and began to leave.

"What have you done brother? Why did you do this Zombay?"

"Because almost 10,000 years ago, I was banished by my own brother, you sent me to die in a hell hole. I took initiative, I took control and ruled with an iron fist, much like you did with Creid."

"You act as if I wasn't justified in my actions."

"We both know you aren't the benevolent, protective king you once were. You manipulate all those people." Zombay stared at me, not even batting an eyelash. "You exiled me because I knew what you planned to do. Except half way through OUR plan, you back stab me and claim yourself the hero king of a life time. Arlzo-Creid isn't your kingdom."

"We both know what it is. We would have told Kor as well."

"Yet you decided you wanted it all for yourself. Have you even told Reiz, what about Kor? You preach perfection yet you won't even tell your successor or our other brother. How did you expect to keep this silent, did you just hope it would go away. We both know Creid, was the ancient city of Sharlarion, the elves that were precedent to you forged Tyrfing and for that very reason they fell. Look at what your machinations have left you brother. You chose to hide information from your entire family. Now it leads to your downfall." Scolded Zombay.

"I did what was required, I now wield Tyrfing, it will not destroy a world again. It will save one." I defended myself, not even sure if I was telling the truth.

"Brother you are not even confident. Yet you believe you can kill me? You have grown weak brother." Zombay taunted me. I slowly drew Tyrfing, it was no longer time for words. I watched Zombay's arm split in half and watched as a sleek and shiny katana was pushed out, as if it was his arm bone exiting his its place. Within the second Zombay was inches from me with his blade at my chest, my immediate action had me block his stab with a kick off of his chest and a quick retreat. I moved at an inhuman speed, seemingly what must have been seen as teleporting in front of him. I swung my blade from 12 to 5 hoping to nick his sword arm. He could move as fast as I could and evaded my slice. We battled for almost 20 minutes straight before either of us had finally made contact. It had taken par after par to draw my stamina out of me bit by bit, but Zombay had won he had bypassed my defenses and jabbed at my stomach, had it not been for Tyrfing's magical abilities, it would have made direct contact, but it instead was pushed off course and it only nicked the side of my armor, dealing no damage to my being in the process. I immediately reacted sending the blade directly into Zombays flesh. It had made contact with his neck. The blade, oddly, remained inside his neck.

"Hah, you think something like that would kill me? I felt you hesitate brother." Zombay mocked me as he sent a frontal kick directly into my stomach, sending me flying back almost a 100 feet. As I recovered and looked up, Zombay's wound only began to heal. "Can kin-slayer not even slay his own exiled brother? You were always the weaker of us, and I will have you under my command by the end of the day." He appeared in front of me before the words even arrived, Zombay had entered an entirely different level. I parried his blows one after another, taking a purely defensive role, he would slash at me numerous times and then always finish with some kind of physical blow that I couldn't block due to their almost random locations. I kept parrying and once I finally saw an opening I spun swinging Tyrfing almost halfway through Zombay's body. Yet, he only responded by kicking my kneecap in, shattering my knee almost instantly.

"Argggg" I shouted unable to control myself. I felt my leg give out. I knew I couldn't fight any longer.

"As I said brother you will only further my plans." Zombay said as he retracted his weapon. His hand slowly become a needle like blade, and as I blinked my eyes a final time I felt the blade enter my stomach. I knew this was over as I slowly faded away, allowing Zombay's corruption consume my body.

Chapter VII: A New Pair of Eyes

-13 Years Later-

"Sir Oragoth, I am going to find the divine blades." I said as I looked toward Mt Sheol. I knew that the divine blades would be the only way to end Zombay's reign.

"Vrael, do you plan on collecting all of the blades?" Oragoth gave me a glance as if leading me to his point.

"Of course, I am going for the great blade Balmung first." I told him.

"First, you must understand Tyrfing is one of those swords, the great eight cannot be completed without Paul's great blade. If you're going go with Ayesha. She too lusts for battle. I understand I have kept you both in seclusion after Paul and Arlzo-Creid were lost, but I needed to keep you safe, you two are going to ascend and rebuild the Dragon Council." Explained Oragoth as Ayesha walked in, but as she did under his breathe Oragoth whispered to himself, "Hopefully you'll do it right this time." With the disappointed look on the elder dragon's face, I gave Ayesha a look that we should go. I grabbed my bag, and let my hand feel the sterling silver door, "This is going to be a hard quest. Are you sure you want to come?" I asked Ayesha, as if to shake off the wave of fright and nervousness coming over me.

"Vrael, I am going with you, and just on a side note, I want the Moralltach, its great for people like me." she informed me. She was right though the legendary Moralltach, was extrememly light, and made to strike many times. She was just the woman to wield it. She would always strike fast, never for a killing blow, but that would change once she received Moralltach.

I opened the door, knowing we had almost 10,000 stairs to climb up, to reach sea level. I looked toward Ayesha, "It has been 13 years since I have been up there. Are you ready?" I asked her trying to quell my own nerve.

"Yea, let's go, no one will get these weapons for ..." she was interrupted by Oragoth.

"VRAEL, AYESHA!" we heard him yell from behind us. " Take this map, it contains the location of all the weapons, Paul mapped them out almost 50 years ago. " He gave another depressed look as he handed us the map. I saw Ayesha get affected by her old teacher's loss of faith. She knew, he was scared that we'd fail. I guess I knew that too, but what is our chance? I knew I couldn't think so pessimistically, but no matter what happened during our 10,000 stair climb, but of us remained almost dead silent, I assume she was thinking about what these weapons entailed. With the door finally in sight, I clenched the map tighter, and together we pushed the door open, seeing sunlight for the first time in 13 years was a powerful experience, it almost blinded me it felt like. Yet at the same time it was quite refreshing. I opened the map trying to see where the weapons were, but as I looked at the parchment it too reflected the sun, providing me with another almost blinding experience. The first thing I saw was an ink cross on the map, covering the old site of Alguria, home of what was once the cursed blade. Tyrfing. "Balmung is less than a days walk away. Let's get going. " I told Ayesha, she didn't dispute that I would get my blade first. We decided to walk and not run, we needed to conserve our energy, and stay hidden. We both donned tattered brown cloaks, and headed for the nearby wilderness.

Balmung was only one of the many blades which included, Tyrfing, Moralltach, Ulfberht, Myssletainn, Fragarach, Dyrnwyn, and the great Vasilis, Vasilis was the blade of the Light and Darkness, the most powerful of all its brethren. I wasn't worthy enough to retrieve that blade, I decided the blade of the wind was my weapon, even if I was Paul's successor and previous apprentice. "You still never told me how you escaped Lejund 13 years ago, Vrael." Asked Ayesha questioning the credibility of my life.

"Oragoth teleported me away to the underground cave before Lejund came for me. There isn't really anything more to it. I gathered everything of Paul's I needed and now we are here. " I explained. The small talk between the two of us continued as we walked on, from discussing, the past, the cave, and even the trials that awaited us, we knew this would be a difficult journey, but I had an old friend who was going to do this with me. So I guess that made me feel a little at ease, but all the idle walking never let me realize that we had made it to Ulthuirn. "Good Luck" she whispered to me. I knew I needed it. We heard a booming voice come from the temple.

"Who wishes to seek Ulthuirn for the Sacred Sword?"

"I, Vrael of the house of Light, do." I said distinctly.

"Then enter, Vrael of the house of Light." It said as the door opened. "I turned looking at Ayesha one last time. Her pale skin was reflecting the sunlight like the paper did earlier. Her facial features really stood out in the sun. Her prominent dimples and cheek bones, and her petite nose stood off her face. Her long hair was let loss hanging to her shoulders, and it shined in the light, the dark brown color attracting me to it. I might have been developing feelings for her, but that was for after I retrieved Balmung. I walked into the door, and as it closed behind me with a loud thud of the two large stones slamming together, I stared into an empty abyss. Suddenly though, green fires were lit along torch walls, along the bottom. The colors of the torch holders on both sides, were alternating colors but since right started with black and left started with white they would alternate not just in a row but across. It was odd to pass by as I walked down the stairs. It was as if the colors blended together. I wondered what Balmung would look like. As the stairs finally plateaued, a blade with a silver handle a black wrapping, its hilt was a spiked gold cover, and the silver blade jutted out almost three to four feet. It was gorgeous, but all of the rumors told, didn't describe Balmung like this. "Welcome warrior, have you come prepared to deal with the trials of the Great Vasilis?" came a great voice from the from the marble table it hovered above.

"What Vasilis?! I wanted Balmung." I explained to the empty room.

"Do you reject the blade?" Asked the pillar. As much as I wanted to say no, my arrogance forced me to say

"No I would like to undergo the trials." I answered moronically. I drew my blade, preparing for a viscous creature to attack me.

"Do not worry, this is a test of heart, not of might." It told me. "Why have you need for this blade?"

"I need it to stop an evil that is controlling our land." I answered. With my answer the light surrounding the blade disappeared allowing me to grasp Vasilis. As I put my arm out to grab the han I feltdle I let another nervous wave splash over me, I earned Vasilis. Actually grabbing the blade though, I felt such an enormous amount of power surge through my hand and body. I never understood what these blades entailed. Its power pulsed through me I couldn't believe I finally got the Vasilis. I noticed that finally with this blade, I had a chance, a chance to help Paul, help everyone, and even free the world from Zombay's power. It might have only been one step that has been finished. We were still one step closer, and best of all we now knew the exact location of two of the sacred weapons. I began making my journey back up the torch lit staircase to see Ayesha and to tell her the great news. Though, when I got up there I didn't expect to see what I found.

"Give me the blade now." an unfamiliar voice commanded to me.

"T-t-that blade?! You have Balmung!" I shouted as I saw it pointed at Ayesha's throat. "Put the weapon away." I told him calmly.

"I earned this weapon, you shall be giving up Vasilis, I watched my master Christian suffer the loss of both of his arms, and I will avenge him. I will hunt and kill Lejund without anymore interference. I need Vasilis to stop him."

"You haven't been informed have you? We need to stop Zombay too. Paul still has Tyrfing. Please join us, help us stop Zombay and retrieve the other weapons. We can stop this as a group." I told him trying to add to my party of misfits. Unfortunately, as I finished my sentence, I saw this man fly at me, with almost lightning speed. I saw the blade at the tip of my neck.

Chapter VIII: The Next Generation

-Clink- Vasilis met Balmung mid strike, not only deflecting the stab, but sending my mysterious assailant back almost ten feet onto his back.

"I am not here to fight you. Just listen." I tried to appeal to my would be assassin.

"Why, if I join you, you will only use me to advance your own schedule." he answered.

"If you won't join me, at least tell me your name." I asked.

"My name is Oliver, Oliver Bell. Now I am going to ask you one final time, hand over Vasilis." he declared. I didn't feel overwhelmingly powerful, but the longer I held my sword, I felt more and more power surge through my body. I felt myself get stronger, I felt myself getting more aggressive.

"If you wish to leave with your life, you will not partake in a battle with me." I said almost unconsciously.

"So be it" he responded, I felt a powerful wind stir up, he almost began to disappear in the dark of the night, his image becoming blurred and began multiplying.

"Not today" I whispered again as if forced. I stabbed the ground and as I did I saw a line of light shoot out and wrap around Oliver. As if preventing Balmung's special ability, Vasilis used its own to stop him. I knew I was beginning to let the power go to my head, but even my clarity couldn't protect me from its enlightening feeling. I let my power continue to surge through me. I was going to go all the way with this. Hopefully he would fall for my facade, or that my blade would help me out. We looked each other in the eyes before he said.

"You have heart, for some reason, I believe you are working for the good side. If you'd like, you can join me and my friend upon gathering the other legendary blades so we can kill and stop the new world Emperor Lejund." The name rung in my mind, Lejund has named himself the emperor of the world? I knew I'd have a lot to catch up on, I just didn't expect this much. Oliver guided us to the nearby mountains, to where he said his friend lived. Oliver was slightly taller than I was, he seemed less muscular because of it, but nonetheless he too only had a worn armor on. We neared a mountain manor, that was where Oliver had told us his friend would be waiting for us, but the fact that we needed new armor plagued my mind until we reached the gargantuan doors. Oliver pushed open, what seemed to be quite the heavy door since he struggled pushing it, and as we walked in a quick glance from left to right would reveal a wonderfully decorated house, light bright as day with hanging candles, and beautifully designed glass decorations hanging from the sealing, with many other decorations hanging upon the concave walls, but the oddest thing was the most interesting thing was a young man, sitting in a corner furiously doing something at a small, dim-lit, table desk.

"Oliver, no one person can wield more than one of the blades. The blades have each chosen a warrior or two to wield it and no one else. The legends are saying, us finding them won't work, there needs to be some kind of fate involved. Unfortunately, it has said this is more than one legend, and the legends are all similar from different time periods to different areas. We aren't looking for the weapons Oliver... we are looking for the wielders..." The mystery man slowly sank back, as he delivered the painful news. I looked at Ayesha, we were both stunned and disappointed. Maybe stopping the end of the world was just a child's dream.

"That is fine, Ronan, I found the Boy who will use Vasilis." Oliver said. Rohan turned around, a frightful look in his face when our eyes met. He seemed as if he had seen a ghost.

"Paul's apprentice wields Vasilis, and you brought him HERE!?" Rohan began to shout at Oliver. "Are you insane?" Oliver almost teleported to Rohan and began whispering something in his ear, they might have thought they were secretive, but from across the room I could faintly hear Oliver whisper

"He doesn't know your past, so don't worry about it." Whatever they were hiding could wait. We did need Oliver now, and we needed to find the others. I would let him keep his secret, until the he so wished, or until it harmed our future group.

"Well, if you're Paul's apprentice, I assume you're Vrael, and that the girl travelling with you is Oragath's apprentice isn't she? Ayesha isn't it?" Rohan broke us down instantly, he knew more than he was letting on, but I already knew that didn't I?

"Wait if you know us, then that means you knew Paul and Oragath." I tried to dig deeper. I wanted to know what he was hiding, and I was going to push information out until I could do so with revealing my true intentions.

"I did, how old are you two?" He asked us two.

"I'm 17, Vrael is 18." Ayesha answered pretty quickly. She seemed eager to answer, she seemed in a slight schoolgirl bliss. I knew she was attracted to Oliver. I didn't consider her a love interest though. I only hoped that, maybe, I too could find someone. How likely was that though?

"Well let me show you to your rooms." Rohan said. He showed us to our rooms. I wasn't too interested. Ayesha, went to go eat dinner with Oliver and Rohan, I didn't want to spend time with them. I was going to go look for the near by weapon, Rohan and Oliver boasted they had already knew where all the blades where and claimed that Paul's map was long outdated. I now realized, that they were right. Vasilis detected the demon blade, Myssletainn with an hour's walk. I wanted to see what the blade was doing. Was it calling out to someone, or was it being used to kill. I intended to find out.

Chapter IX: It was a Hot Knight

The walk was short. The night was warm, but in actuality it was quite serene. I walked near a waterfall. The moon light made the water glitter. It was beautiful. The weapon, was nearby. I decided to keep looking. I walked a little bit further until the trees surrounding the water dispersed a little. I saw a young lady in the clearing maybe 50 feet forward. I could see the moonlight off of her dirty blonde hair. I was surprised, she wore a dark armor, a pure, jet black decorated with silver lining. It was nothing I'd ever seen before and it was crafted by Dwarven hands, from a material unknown to even me. Myssletainn hung at her waist. She turned around, and the moment she did, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I was entranced. She looked at me similarly with an interested look. I couldn't help but stare, I was so invested.

"Do you need something?" She asked gently, her voice only attracted me more and drug me deeper down into my trance. While I stood there staring stupidly, she examined me up and down. She must have caught sight of Vasilis's handle hanging from my side. "So you hold Vasilis do you?" She said.

"I..uh... Yea, mhm, I ...yea." I couldn't get a word out, she was probably thinking I was the biggest loser this moment. I had to do something to rectify this, but I was still too distracted by this girl."

"You don't recognize this blade do you? It is Myssletainn, and it craves blood. So if you wish to walk away from this with your body intact, and your life, you can hand over your legendary weapon and that will be the end of it." She told me.

"Oh... uhm... your armor is pretty, almost as pretty as you..." I said not thinking.

"Flattering won't get you anywhere, but thank you. I am known as the Black Knight. I think you seem to be a very nice boy, so if you can hand over your weapon this can all end." She said, her face began to flush a red color as well. I could feel the color in my face had already been a deep shade of red, but she too was slightly embarrassed.

"I am sorry, but two things," I finally gained my wit back, "one, a person can only wield a single legendary weapon. Second, I have a cause that I need this weapon for, so I am sorry, I can't even give it to someone as pretty as yourself." I felt like I was flirting with death, even worse, we didn't even know each other's names. It was enjoyable though. I didn't know why but I felt a connection with this Black Knight.

"Unfortunately, I too have a mission that must be completed. I will ask then, at least let me hold the blade. If it is true, I can't hold it, then we can make a wager. I will go along with anything of your choice. If I can't, but if I can, I can keep the blade? Does that sound like a fair gamble to you?" she asked deviously, and flirtatiously at the same time. I was about to make a gamble based on someone, who I just met less than 2 hours ago, which risked the ownership of my legendary weapon, just because I was hoping that he was right. If he was, I get to do whatever I wanted to this girl.

"It is a deal." I proclaimed. I took Vasilis in its sheathe, and handed it over. Though as if Vasilis and its sheathe were one, she couldn't move the sword. No matter how hard she tried, the blade wouldn't come out. It looks like I was about to win our little bet. I knew what I wanted, but as I was about to declare what I wanted she said.

"I guess you're right, so what would you like from me?" she asked.

"I responded almost immediately, first I'd like your name.." I asked with my face growing another whole shade of red.

"My name is Jacquelyn. I am Kor's niece and the heir to what used to be the throne of the Dark Dragon. I'm only 16, so I really don't have too much experience, but I am getting there." She exclaimed.

"You're... kidding right..." I asked. "I'm Paul's apprentice, and I am the heir to the Light Dragon's Throne. I don't believe I have any blood ties to Paul himself though." I explained. I can't believe that the first girl I'd been attracted to, was my polar opposite. "Though, the wager that we had placed, I would like to have a cup of tea with you actually." I told Jacquelyn. She laughed at first, but later on she had a smile and another color of red covered her face this time.

"That seems extremely reasonable." She said as she handed me back Vasilis.

"I'd also like if you would join our cause. I have a group of four people, including myself, that plan to go and kill Lejund, and either save or kill Paul." she looked at me for a few seconds, and she nodded head. I was overjoyed.

"Do you want that cup of tea now, or later... even though I still don't know your name." She said as she blushed and placed her hand over he face.

"Oh silly me, I am Vrael, it was nice to meet you Jacquelyn." I was so embarrassed, I forgot how to introduce myself. As I looked down more embarrassed than I was the entire meeting, I used this time to look over her entire body. She was a sleek five foot-eight, maybe even five-nine, with a small chest, and a thin frame. I was still extremely attracted by her. I guided her back to Rohan's house. During the walk back, Jacquelyn and I made a stronger connection, than I ever had with Ayesha. I felt like she could feel it to, it was late though, I assumed everyone else was asleep in Rohan's house. So we snuck into the house, and crept into my room. We didn't want to risk waking the others so she slept in my room. Awkwardly, I only had one bed, I let her sleep on in, and of course, I would sleep on the ground. I didn't mind it, the wooden ground wouldn't hurt too much in the morning.

"You don't have to sleep on the ground." offered Jacquelyn, but I didn't want to impose. Even as attractive as she was.

"No thank you, sorry, I just don't want to make things awkward on the first night we met. Wouldn't want to make this already warm night any hotter now would we?" I joked, flirting yet again. Just looking at her made me smile. We were both in a small amount of clothes in the same room, anything could have happened, but we were going about this the right way. "Jacquelyn, before you go to bed, I have to ask you a question." I said as I let my head hit the pillow I lay on the ground. "Where did you get that armor, and what is it made of." I could feel its powerful presence looming behind me, like it had a mind of its own.

"Its Argonium, I found it under an Elven tree when I was young, and uncle Kor took me to the Dwarven King Percy, and we had it forged into an armor that changes to my situation, and feelings."

"That is crazy." I said as I laid there astounded from what I had heard.

"I can help you get some... if that is what you'd like. I mean, if you really want it." Jacquelyn told me.

"I'd really like that." I said with a smile on my face in the dark room. "Good night Jacquelyn...Thank you." I closed my eyes. Happy to have made her acquaintance.

"Good night Vrael, and don't worry about it." I knew the morning wouldn't be as eventful, or exactly the opposite.

She trusted me enough to leave her armor, and Myssletainn together, and in the same room as me, but I guess I too left Vasilis in the same room as her. I guess we must have connected. We connected enough to trust each other and we'd only known one another for 3 hours. This might have been the start of a good friendship, but if it went South, my biggest challenge would be fighting her.

Chapter X: The Sodden Sun

I woke up in the morning. Jacquelyn was still asleep on the bed. I pulled up a nearby stool that was in the corner, and I put it next to the bed so that I could watch her sleep. Unfortunately, she awoke before I even grabbed the stool.

"Hey, good morning." I said with a smile. I could feel myself falling in love already. I was surprised and happy at the same time.

"Good morning Vrael." she said as she began to yawn and stretch. We both put on our armor, and began to head down stairs. We were the only two up. I made the entire house tea, after setting the fire. We put crystallized sugar rocks into the cups that I made for the two of us. "Does this count as our cup of tea, or do we have another one?" She asked jokingly. I only smiled before saying

"This can count as our cup of tea." I said, begrudgingly, hoping that she wouldn't want to end it here. We smiled at one another, and I could only take a single sip before Rohan, Ayesha, and Oliver had joined us. For some odd reason Jacquelyn made a quick look to me before running out of the house. She looked frightened. I gave chase the second she opened the door and fled. "JACQUELYN!" I shouted chasing her.

"Vrael!" Ayesha shouted after me as I sprinted out the door. I chased after Jacquelyn towards where we met last night, and I couldn't see her anywhere. I sat on a tree near the waterfall I had seen yesterday. As if by luck, or fate neither had mattered Jacquelyn appeared. She seemed distressed though, she had Myssletainn drawn, and was looking frantically around, it wouldn't have been a good decision on my part to bother her. So I let her calm down first. I took a nap at the tree though, still exhausted by last night. I don't know how long It was for my nap, but I woke up to see Jacquelyn's armor laying on the ground. As I let my gaze move from her armor on the left of my sight towards the waterfall, I saw her resting in the water. With the sight of her armor on the ground it meant she was completely naked, and even worse that put me in the worse position. I now had to remain undetected so she didn't think I was spying on her. As she walked out, I covered my eyes and tried to sneak away, she could put her armor on faster than anyone I have ever known. So my crawling had made noise, and she had already re-equipped her armor, missing only the boots, gloves, cape, and her sword, the first thing I hear was,

"Is someone out there?" She hurriedly put her gloves on and threw her boots on quickly. "Hello?" As she drew Myssletainn, I stepped out of the trees.

"I swear, I wasn't looking." I said as I had my hands over my eyes still, taking small steps trying to figure out where I was heading.

"What are you doing here? And take your hands off your eyes!" She shouted at me upset.

"I came to look for you, I was worried when I saw your look when you ran out. I had suspicions about Oliver and Rohan too, I just don't know why you ran out, I wanted to make sure you were ok." I said with a worried look on my face.

"You left your best other friend with them, even though you don't trust them?" she questioned.

"I was more worried about you, you're more important, even if its for my own selfish needs, you can't forget that you wield Myssletainn, which makes you even more important." I explained, as she looked at me, she didn't smile this time, but she frowned.

"Vrael, that man... 'Rohan', he isn't just a regular kid, he's the older heir to a throne." She said depressed.

"Heir to a throne?! He is an elemental dragon!?" I shouted. I was scared now too.

"What makes it even worse, is he Lejund's son. He is over 5,000 years old. He might look like he is only 5 years older than us, but he is older than you could expect. I don't know his plan, but if he plans to hurt you, I don't think it would be best to trust him. You said earlier on our walk back, that the man Oliver knew something. We might have to take Balmung by him from force." Jacquelyn told me everything. I didn't know whether, to trust her, even though I liked her and had showed me the secret behind them, or to trust them who I had met before her. "Vrael, I can understand your doubts in me, I will prove to you, one final thing then. I want you to follow me to the Elven village of Versidue. Where I found the Argonium. I will get you your own legendary armor, I will prove my intentions. I don't want to see you or your friend hurt. If you won't trust me at least let me give you the armor to defend you and her." she stated.

"I trust you Jacquelyn. I believe you, I just don't know what to do." I looked down. I wielded Vasilis, and I spoke to my polar opposite, who wielded my blades exact opposite, the demon sword, Myssletainn. I would go get this metal, and become who I needed to be. I would need to become, The White Knight. Jacquelyn and I traveled together to Versidue. I acquired the metal through a small trial of tasks that required little effort, the only hard part would be getting to the Dwarven King's Palace. We rode a 20 day's journey on horseback to the under-mountain kingdom of Garndur. I had to meet the Dwarf King and get his help. I didn't know what Rohan would plan on doing, I knew what had to be done. Jacquelyn and I walked straight into Garndur, and by showing our weapons, they allowed us straight into the palace. "King Percy, I need your help. I need you to help me craft Argonium." I yelled across the hall towards a small bearded dwarf, with aged wrinkles about him. He stared at me for some time as we walked over to him.

"Why should I help you, boy?" The king asked bored.

"Because I am Paul's apprentice, this is Kor's niece, and you have helped her, it would be an honor if you helped me as well. If none of that suffices. Lejund, the Water Dragon has named himself "emperor of the surface world, and at this rate, he plans to kill all who don't follow his orders." I informed the Dwarven king. He looked at me disappointed and unsettled.

"I will help you, but on one condition." The kind stated. What came next I didn't expect.

Chapter XI: Lost to the Ages

"Boy, you wield Vasilis. You want me to craft you your armor, I will personally craft, if you hand over the blade. That is the deal." The Dwarven king said with a straight face. I decided to trust Rohan, hopefully the Dwarven king wouldn't be able to draw the blade and would return it.

"You have yourself a deal. You can have Vasilis in exchange for my armor." I said, I went with him to the forge. I gave him my Argonium, and Jacquelyn sat by me endlessly watching. We didn't know what to expect, but as soon as it was finished, all that was provided was a dull, silver steel-like armor. "This wasn't the deal. You were supposed to forge me legendary ar..." I was cut off by the king.

"Wear it before you talk." The king said upset. So, I listened to him, as I put the armor on, it was only a top-piece, but as soon as it touched my body, a bright light formed around me. The armor was the purest of whites, it reminded me of the Tyrfing blade that Paul used to wield, and the armor he used to wear, but even nicer. It had gold lining covering the edges, almost Jacquelyn's opposite, but what else should I have suspected.

"Here take the..." I offered Vasilis like we had arranged.

"HAHAHA, boy, I don't really need the blade. I wanted to see if you had the integrity to actually wield it. I know why you came. I also know why you need the blade. I have already been informed about all of this through The Vampire King and his lovely other. "Tell Oragoth, I say hello. You never know if he has something you might need." The King hinted. I didn't know what was meant by all this, but if Ayesha's teacher had a final something that we needed then we had to go meet up and get it. We had a long ride back to the Mountain Manor that Rohan lived in. We needed to take our time though. I didn't want to waste precious time with Jacquelyn. I was frightened for what had happened to Ayesha while we were gone for over a month, now we will be gone another month, so two months into this we are going to see what happened. We decided to take a break. I pitched a tent, and we only had one bed roll, we'd been sleeping in the same bed for some time now, we pretty much cuddled nightly, due to the extreme temperatures, and our disposition towards one another. I was holding her as she faced away from me.

"Something wrong Vrael, you're not your normal self." She questioned me as she turned around to face me. "Tell me what is wrong."

"I hope nothing bad had happened to Ayesha. I am hoping Rohan isn't the same as his father." I whispered.

"She will be alright, and if she isn't, well we can exact our revenge accordingly ok?" she reassured. "It wasn't your fault. Don't blame what could happen on yourself." I felt her slowly dozing off as she whispered the last word. I was ready to go to bed too, hopefully the month's end wouldn't cause any fright like I was worried about.

So we travelled, 29 days passed before we arrived at our destination, maybe because we took our time, this round. We could now see the manor, it was as if nothing had changed. after Jacquelyn and I had let our horses go free, we slowly walked to the door, I took a heavy sigh, unprepared to see what was beyond the door.

What happened next, isn't something I expected to see. I saw a loosely armored, and darker skinned Ayesha, kissing Oliver, as I walked in. Rohan was no where in sight. They looked at Jacquelyn and I surprisingly, we held each other's hand as we walked. They looked disappointed to see us.

"Vrael?" Asked Ayesha as if I was a walking ghost.

"Hey you two." I answered. Moralltach was now hanging by Ayesha's side like she had always dreamed. Myssletainn was acting up on on Jacquelyn's belt. Something was happening, neither of us knew what though. We only looked at each other.

"You changed a lot Vrael. You have matching armor. I noticed." I detected a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Yea we are two halves to a whole, Ayesha. I am the Black Knight, and he is the White Knight. We are quite the team." Jacquelyn answered for me, as if provoking her jealousy. She seemed to enjoy the irritation it brought Ayesha. It was though Ayesha had wanted me to come back alone and jealous. I felt a new presence walk through the door, and almost immediately Jacquelyn and I had turned around weapons drawn. What came through the door, was the user of Ulfberht. It had a looming, almost terrifying presence, but as he drew nearer Jacquelyn's blade only began filling the room with its own demonic presence. I sheathed Vasilis.

"Let's just put our weapons away now." I said. Trying to calm the situation.

"Well, Vrael, and if I remember correctly Jacquelyn, this is the user of Ulfberht, or as we know him Volke."

"Hey nice to meet you guys" Volke said as he withdrew his weapon and tried to befriend us. Jacquelyn put her weapon away too, and we shook hands and tried to befriend one another. We need to become a team, but the teamwork that would be required between the three of us was lost ages ago. We were still missing two more weapons, the legendary Tyrfing, which was last seen wielded by the great dragon Paul, and the legendary lost blade Dyrnwyn.

"Where do we find Dyrnwyn, we have all but the last two weapons now, and we all know Paul has Tyrfing." I said, Jacquelyn tightened her grip on my hand. Situations like these only brought us closer. I was starting to fear, that this group was never going to work.

"I know where Dyrnwyn is don't worry." Answered Rohan. "It took me a while after you left, but I finally realized who you are Jacquelyn." answered Rohan. Jacquelyn stared at Rohan. She inched closer and tightened her grip even more. I could feel her being scared.

"Rohan, please don't get any closer, we know who you are too, so why don't we just not say anything ok?" I threatened Rohan. Scowling, while holding Jacquelyn to let her know I was there.

"We must go to the Library of the Kings. There is where Dyrnwyn is hidden." exclaimed Rohan.

"Are you insane?" I laughed hoping he was kidding. Jacquelyn had a look of fear as well. "What are we going to do walk into Arlzo-Creid and just walk out. Lejund rules it now, he won't even let us get near."

"Not that library, I mean the library in the Carvaga Mountains." he told us, "A secret library, where the greatest intellect of our time exists. His name is Fal, and he will hold our secret to getting Dyrnwyn."

"Then we should get going." I said, and with that we were on our way to the Carvaga Mountains, almost a 2 month journey away on horseback.

Chapter XII: A Lost Key for a Forgotten Door

Our journey wasn't rough because of the time it took to get there, or the hardships we faced, either animal or weather. The reason our journey was difficult was because of the tension between Oliver and Rohan towards me, and my distrust towards them. Nonetheless we continued together. Numerous times Jacquelyn and I had agreed they were not to be trusted. When the Carvaga mountains were finally within a day's reach, we had been travelling for almost two and a half months. It was torturous. I personally was on edge, I felt Oliver had turned Ayesha against me. Which only kept reminding me, we soon had to find Oragoth and see what he had for us. Whoever was the owner of the next two blades offered quite a challenge. I still had to take Tyrfing from Paul's undying hands. We finally arrived at the Mountain 'entrance', but when Jacquelyn and I dismounted our horses, we saw nothing. Apparently, Rohan and Ayesha couldn't either. "You morons lead us to the face of a mountain. Are you daft? We wasted a 5 month journey for nothing?" Jacquelyn began shouting.

"If you shut your mouth for more than five seconds, you could let me explain that only people who are without the Elemental dragon blood can even see the door, so next time shut your dirty mouth, before I shut it for you." Oliver snapped, and this time it was me tightening my grip on Jacquelyn's hand.

"Oliver, its been a long ride, but I swear to the Heavens, if you EVER speak to her like that again I will rip your insolent tongue from your head." I threatened. Oliver nodded and neared me, he placed his hang on Balmung, "You really want to play?" I jeered as he came closer.

"I play for blood Vrael, you want to play for blood?" He threatened as he spat in my direction.

"Oliver, stop it, we both know the outcome of that fight, so leave it be." Rohan responded for me trying to mitigate the situation. It only kept me from tearing of the insolent brats head off.

"You call us a team, Vrael, you're a moron." Oliver said as he pushed open the doors to the great library of the humans.

"Hello children!" shouted an almost condescending voice. I looked in to see a young man, with long black hair, donned in a jet black suit. His smile was welcoming, but it was soon thrust away for a scowl when he had fully examined us all, "I assume since all of you are wielding legendary weapons you have come here for the Dyrnwyn? If so it has been lost, and the key to its door just the same." He explained.

"Fal, do you remember me, I'm a scribe from 400 years ago..." Oliver tried to finish his sentence, not just realizing his error, but Fal jumped to his rescue

"Of course I do Oliver, but 400 years is a long time, no one can live that long silly." He mocked us, thinking we were morons or something. With an entire mountain to search, we decided to split into groups of two, Ayesha and Oliver, Volke and Rohan, and Jacquelyn and I.

"Vrael, how are we going to take Dyrnwyn, we have no idea if Rohan can even wield it." she questioned.

"I'll be honest, dear, I don't know either." I confessed to her.

"You, boy, with the white armor." Fal confronted me surprisingly from behind. "You are who I think you are, right?" He questioned I was completely clueless. "I am asking if you have the brand of the heir."

"Of course I do its on my hand." I answered as I raised my right hand in unison with Jacquelyn to show a small insignia residing in the center of our palm which changed from brand to brand, mine being a full circle with lines protruding from it, symbolizing the house of light, while Jacquelyn's was only a small filled in circle symbolizing the house of darkness.

"Whether or not you two heed my words, you have a certain... 'presence' that brings about something that tells me you will need this to complete what you're looking for." He handed Jacquelyn a map, and as she opened it, it was a map with a secret path leading straight to the mountain of Ragrul. When we had looked up though, Fal was already gone. We all had been looking through the books for the lost key that would eventually lead us to the legendary weapon, and as we looked, Jacquelyn and I went on to continue learning about one another. Namely our births.

"I was born to a young human woman, who had me out of wedlock." Jacquelyn told me with a depressed look on her face. "My father and later my mother abandoned me, early on, that was when Kor took me in, I was only 4 years old. He feared the people of the kingdom would be upset if he took in a street dweller, so he committed the Blood-moon ritual. He made it look like I was his long lost niece, since he never really wanted kids." She looked down depressed and was letting tears form. I hugged her I knew it had been hard for her, I didn't want to be the guy to one-up her, and tell her how I lived on the street most of my infancy and childhood, I was given away, and finally I met Paul who took me in as his apprentice when I was but 4 years old. Kor had protected her until the day he died. I guess, in his own way, Paul tried to do the same.

"Jacquelyn, I will protect you now ok? I don't want you to cry. Let's find this stupid sword and get out of here." Again, as if fate was with us the entire time a sudden flash of power surged through the library. The key was found. Faint shouting could be heard down the hall.

"I found the key!" Shouted Rohan, "I am the fabled wielder of Dyrnwyn!" In my opinion, the icy blue blade, wasn't too astonishing to me. I was more interested in the Ulfberht and Myssletainn. We watched as Fal began to lead Rohan, Oliver, and Ayesha down the path to the door. When all was said and done, they appeared before us with the Dyrnwyn in hand.

"So you finally gah..." I began.

"RUN NOW!" Shouted a voice that teleported into the library.

"No... He's here" Rohan froze up. I grabbed Rohan and Oliver and kicked them out the door. As I turned to look, I saw the Vampire King, and Werewolf Queen appear. I wondered why they needed us to run. We all got on our horses and began riding for the secret path into Rugral's mountain. As I turned back a final time before we were out of sight, a horrific glimpse was left in my eye. It was Lejund, and it was a full out fight between him and the sub-species' royalty. I wanted to help, but I knew I couldn't. Maybe Fal had some kind of Omniscience. We fled far enough onto the secret path.

"Unfortunately, this is where we part." I announced at the fork in the rode. Jacquelyn looked at me longingly, hoping that she was coming.

"What are you talking about Vrael." Questioned Oliver.

"You guys need to find the Fragarach, and I need to go to the mountain of Rugral for a final thing before we go and get Tyrfing together. Not just that but we need time to be separate, we are falling apart as a team. You need to sharpen your skills, and I need what is waiting for me on the mountain." I explained. "Jacquelyn will go with me and we will rendezvous near the city Glardyer. Within a week's walk of Mt. Sheol. Good luck on your journey you guys. I shall see you in 6 months time." I finished my sentence.

"We rendezvous in 6 months?" Question Rohan. "What exactly are you two going to be doing up there.?" He wondered.

"Even I don't know, I need the time though. I am sorry, I must begin my journey." with my final words, I began leaving. It only took a 5 day journey on foot to reach the mountain top. What Jacquelyn and I found up there... was... well nothing. We found absolutely nothing but a single cave. We weren't ready to explore the contents of the cave but it was ready to explore us.

"My Nephew and falssssse Niece have arrived at last." A large voice whispered from the entrance to the cave. We drew our weapons, what was about to come out though? "Do not fear children." A young man had come from the darkness, he might have looked young, but he exerted such a powerful, Jacquelyn and I were both shocked just by his presence. "I am your 'uncle' Pedar. I never expected to the son of Paul before me." Laughed Pedar. "I guess you finally need my help. You're here to be trained aren't you?" Questioned the almost omniscient being.

"I don't know, I was told we needed to come here so that we could complete our quest." I explained.

"Fal sent you, he knows you needed training before you were to confront, Lejund, and later, Zombay. Even after them, their master. He knew you'd be safe, because even Lejund or Zombay wouldn't stray that far from their power source to fight me. Do not worry children, we have much to learn. I am about to teach you the secret to Paul and my brother's strength. If you're not ready for the most vigorous training of your life, then leave now." Pedar told us. Jacquelyn and I nodded to each other, we walked hand in hand towards the entrance of the cave, the one thing that Pedar was right about was that this was the most intense training we were going to have to endure. It was time. Time to become the gods we were destined to be.

Chapter XIII: Ragged and Worn
-6 Months Later-

"Before you two leave, I have a final gift." Pedar hissed as he handed us a black and white coat respectively. "Your identities have been complete, you have now become the white and black knights. You two are the strongest couple alive." Pedar looked down, a depressed look overtook his face.

"Are you okay sir?" Jacquelyn asked. We both looked concerned.

"Yes, just... just... You two reach an apotheosis in a short amount of time. You become Gods. Not because of the weapons, or the items, but because you two keep working towards it. I hope that when you two DO realize your strength, you attempt to be more 'poetic' about than Paul was. My brother had his flaws, but he tried his best to make a peace in which all could live, and an oligarchy, which led to destruction. Maybe you can form your own republic, or democracy. I don't know, but good luck children." Pedar foretold. Jacquelyn and I looked at one another. We nodded knowing what had to be done, we could now sense both of the other destined wielders of the weapons, and we could sense where our 'friends' were. We had now been given the power to teleport, I opened a door to the void, and on the other side of my portal was our next destination, we nodded our heads at our trainer one final time before jumping in. We were transported to Oragoth's cave within the blink of an eye, unfortunately, no matter how much I blinked the sight in front of my never changed. Oragoth was stabbed up against the wall, crucified with a sword through his wrists, skull, and ankles. I was horrified. I fell to my knees, I didn't know what to say. The man who had raised me died. In blood on the wall there was writing, it said, 'Lejund'. Infuriated I almost destroyed the whole room, but I kept my calm demeanor, and searched for what I had originally came here for.

"Vrael, found it." Jacquelyn held up a note.

"Let's go, Dew is in trouble." I told her before I opened another portal, this one, about 500 feet in front of a young lady named Dew. I can only imagined how it looked to the poor girl as a White and Black cloaked figure stepped from a portal only strides in front of her.

"No! Please don't hurt me!" She screamed as she fell on the ground. She had a rare relic in her hand. The Eye of Invisibility, it let its wielder turn invisible for 6 minutes, every 25 days.

"We aren't here to hurt you silly!" Jacquelyn said playfully helping the girl up. We both knew to keep our hoods on for what came next.

"Where is the brat?" shouted a familiar voice.

"I will gut her, dirty scum, who steals from one of the four horsemen?!" screeched another familiar voice from the twisting corridor.

"Get behind me, Dew." I directed, I made sure to show I had an intent of protecting her, unfortunately these '4 Horsemen' had a better plan. I felt a presence fly from us from behind. I threw my hand around Dew's waist, and jumped to the wall of a nearby building, pulling myself up to the roof. A man in an assassin like outfit looked up, hooded and strapped with leather, I saw Balmung hanging in his hand. Before I could speak another man was behind me, he was much stronger, I could feel his presence again, I chucked Dew to a nearby rooftop before jumping to catch her, but I was too late. I saw her get snatched up and following her capture another blade was coming at me this time from the front. I grabbed Vasilis from my sheathe and back-flipped off the roof as I caught the second attacker in midair, causing the first one to attack his ally.

"You morons, stop attacking, Ayesha, give me the girl now." Jacquelyn was tired of this. I was having though.

"Jacquelyn?" Ayesha asked as she stopped fleeing. "What are you guys doing back? Its been 6 months?" She asked as our old allies looked at us with disbelief.

"This girl will wield Fragarach, we need to go get the last girl, the daughter of the Fire Dragon Matthew. She will wield Tyrfing. First we need to go to Arendor, take Fragarach from the local arena manager, then we go to Sheol, take Tyrfing, kill Lejund, find where Zombay is, and kill him? Any questions?" The five of them looked at me with disbelief.

"I'm sorry, I don't recall you holding an air here. Nor do you have any position of authority, we do this how we want, and we decide what will happen, we are proud you found the last blade though so good job." Oliver told me. I wasn't about to sit here.

"You don't have a choice anymore Oliver, the only one here who even serves as a challenge is Jacquelyn, and even then she won't fight me. So I leave you with these choices. Fight me, or follow my lead." I offered expecting him to choose to follow me.

"You are a moron aren't you Vrael? While you have been playing baby maker with Jacquelyn over there, we got strong." mocked Oliver.

"Let's go, outside the outskirts of town, bring Dew, please Jacquelyn." I asked her. "Oh and I forgot, that comment you made about 'baby making' Oliver, is going to earn you a knee to your stomach. Just telling you now." I told them. I waited for Jacquelyn to grab Dew, and jump to me, as I opened a portal to the outskirts. As we exited, the other four followed us through. "Whenever you're ready Oliver." I said as apathetically as I could not even holding Vasilis.

"Draw Vasilis and let's begin." He told me fiercely.

"I'm not fighting you with my weapon, I'm not trying to kill you." I mocked him, that set his temper off he flew at me. I ducked as he swung above my head, it was as if he moved in slow motion. I slipped passed his weapon and stood up around his back, the entire time while examining a color difference on my glove. I didn't know whether I was intrigued actually, wanted to mock Oliver, or wanted to challenge my peripheral vision. He thrust his blade at me again; this time I met him with a swift knee straight to the stomach as hard as I could. It dropped him immediately. I got down on a knee and got closer to his ear. "You EVER mock Jacquelyn again, and you won't get to play, 'baby maker' do you understand me?" I whispered. I knew I had claimed my name as leader, now I just had to keep us together.

"So, the plan is, we go to Arendor, get Fragarach, we will go to the kingdom of fire, get Irleera, and go find Paul, we work out part two of the plan after we are done with that." I said as I prepared to finish up my speech, but I forgot one thing, "And just saying, whatever this 'Four Horsemen' Bull is, it stops NOW." I explained. Jacquelyn let Dew down, as I opened another portal.

"Let go guys." Jacquelyn said in a hurried manor, I could tell she wanted to test her limits against someone, other than myself. I guess the feeling was mutual.

Chapter XIV: Arena Round 1

We all met on the other side of the portal. It was dull to me, we stepped in front of a huge entrance to the competitor's pit. I knew the people inside wouldn't provide a challenge so why was I even bothering? Our group started filing into the corridor, I stayed behind momentarily, not to talk, but to ponder. Jacquelyn looked at me, and I looked at her, she grabbed my hand beckoning me to go, but as I had turned to look at her, I saw something in the distance. A young man in a tattered brown cloak, when I took a quick look towards Jacquelyn to look her in the eyes to confirm I was ready I began walking. I turned back for a final look at the boy, but he was gone. How... unusual. I walked inside to join everyone.

"I will compete." Offered Oliver and Ayesha in unison. They blushed, and I looked their way still thinking about the boy.

"No, you won't. Jacquelyn or I will compete, I don't want to take unnecessary risks, and seeing as though Jacquelyn wants to compete, and I am apathetic about the situation, she can have her fun." I explained. Jacquelyn cracked her knuckles. I knew this wouldn't satiate her.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Shouted a voice. "Who are you and what are you doing in my pit?" a portly gentleman in a fancy coat walked in. "Are you here to compete?" He questioned, the sweat beating down his chubby balding head. I felt bad, but my feelings were pushed aside, I needed to finish my work.

"Yes, I want to compete for the legendary weapon in your possession." Jacquelyn said bluntly.

"You want Fragarach?" The man said, I could tell he was beginning to sweat more. "I would love if you'd compete for it! Someone hasn't died to the weapon's guardian in years!" exclaimed the pit master. A slight frown appeared on my face, but my lips stayed linear as a shocked look overtook my eyebrows. Maybe she might have fun.

"Ok." Jacquelyn responded, she enjoyed doing new things, maybe one of those things would be killing whatever guarded the weapon. I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out. Something needed to be done. I could hear everything happening from outside as I searched for the young man. I heard the crowd cheer louder. I wondered what happened. I guess Jacquelyn killed the thing. I continued to look, that kid had too ominous a presence to be let go. He couldn't have hid from us both so easily. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Got it dear." I turned and saw Fragarach in Dew's hands, and a large smile on Jacquelyn's face. I opened another portal. Oragoth had given Ayesha and I a couple of fire stones, to offer to the Fire Dragon when we needed a favor. Him being the only who would require a gift for helping family.

"Good job hun, everyone ready?" I asked as I hugged Jacquelyn. "What'd you end up fighting?" I asked her actually wanting to know.

"A large demon like creature, it flew and crud, I decapitated it in seconds, it wasn't very fun." she smirked at me. I had a short giggle as we walked through. We entered into a room where the room temperature was at least double that of the outside temperature. Incidentally it was the throne room of Dragon-King Matthew.

"Vrael? You learned HIS teleporting ability?" Questioned the fire king. Irleera was five feet from him on the throne next to his. She adored her father, even though the rumor was, he didn't care much for her. "You don't have the stones for me boy." Matthew said upset.

"He has the stones for me though." his daughter retorted. Before I could make a full turn around to look at Ayesha to go give him the stones, I had caught a glimpse of Jacquelyn's scowl at the girl. The demon might not be the only thing getting decapitated today. Ayesha tossed the stones to me.

"Here your majesty." I exclaimed as I chucked the sac of stones.

"What do you want?" He asked disappointed.

"Your daughter." I answered.

"I want him too Dad." Irleera said before her dad even answered, she had licked her lips as the last word left her mouth. I was starting to get creeped out. I could feel Jacquelyn's grip on my tighten more than it ever had before. She was livid.

"Have her, you could have taken her without giving me these." He laughed as he devoured the stones.

"Thank you very much sir!" I exclaimed. "Come Irleera, we have things to do." I said. As I let go of Jacquelyn's hand to open another portal, I heard Irleera whisper under her breathe, saying

"Hopefully you." she said with a smirk. As I opened the portal Jacquelyn and I were last to enter, yet again this time, but as I was about to enter, I heard Jacquelyn stop her, and waited. I popped my ears so I could hear what she was saying.

"You ever look at my boyfriend like that again, and I swear I will shove my hand so far..." the next couple of words were inaudible, " that I will move you like a..." another inaudible word, "puppet, do you understand me you..." finished with a few inaudible words. Irleera gave me a look as she walked into the portal. I waited for Jacquelyn, I gave her a cunning smirk as she walked up to me, as if to say, 'I know what you said' I gave her a quick kiss as I laughed. She really knew how to make me happy, she wrapped her arm around my waist. I guess she meant business around the new girls. We walked through together, my arm across her shoulders. I was surprised she was being so controlling of the situation. I walked out of the portal and the first thing my eyes saw was the same boy from earlier in the clearing not 100 feet ahead. I pushed through our group members and chucked Vasilis at the tree nearest to him. I saw it hit dead on as he hid behind the tree. I wasn't letting him get away this time. I learned how to teleport to Vasilis whenever it was still. Something Pedar taught me when I was training. I teleported to my sword across the 100 foot gap in the blink of an eye. I circled the tree and looked around. It wasn't possible. He was gone again. I cut down the tree that Vasilis was stuck in.

"How!?" I shouted. "This isn't possible. I WILL FIND YOU!" I screamed into the woods. Jacquelyn was by my side in seconds. She gave me a worried look as the group met us halfway. "I am sorry, I've been, uhm... seeing things." I tried to cover up. I'd tell my significant other later, but now wasn't the time. I helped clear the woods before we made camp. "I am going to tell you all something now. Tomorrow we go to Mt. Sheol. Paul will be waiting up there; with Tyrfing."

"We know that Vrael. That's why we got the other weapons. To stop Paul and Lejund." Ayesha answered. Irleera, Dew, and even Volke looked at us hopelessly confused. Volke originally joined because he thought he'd get women, power, and money. He had yet to get any of those.

"There is something else, I.." I tried to say.

"We." Jacquelyn cut me off trying to protect me from taking all the blame so she wouldn't look bad.

"...Something WE," I looked at Jacquelyn trying to smile even though I knew what had to be said, " neglected to tell you." I looked down depressed. I grab Jacquelyn's hand this time. "Our teacher, one of Paul and Kor's brothers. His name was Pedar. He hides in a mountain that we went to visit to train. He said, before Lejund claimed the title of Emperor. That Paul came to him a few days earlier, saying he had feared their fourth brother had been resurrected. Their fourth brother's name was Zombay. He was originally cast out for trying to 'take over' the entire council. When he was stopped he was sent to Mt. Sheol as punishment. If none of you know yet, it is a bad, and dark place. It won't be safe. Pedar said that Paul new he was going to go fight their brother, and that he had already made peace with his death. I believe, Lejund betrayed Paul, and Zombay took control of him. Tomorrow, I fear we might have to fight him. Even worse, since King Matthew is still in power, he might have cut a deal. Irleera, we might need to fight your Dad as well." I looked depressed. I knew I was a bad leader for hiding this from them the day before. "If anyone wants to go please tell me now." I said as I looked up.

"I don't see anyone walking away." Oliver said after we all looked at one another.

"So it is decided, we will go tomorrow. I ask one thing of you all though." I said as I looked at our small campfire. "Don't go after Paul, unless I NEED help. I want to fight him on my own." I said. Jacquelyn looked at me. She looked as if she knew that when tomorrow came, I'd have trouble fighting my own father. "I have it under control don't worry." I whispered as I leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. "Good night everyone." Numerous good-byes were returned through camp as we all headed to our tents. I had Vasilis stuck in a tree outside of our tent. I waited until Jacquelyn fell asleep in my arms. I couldn't sleep tonight with tomorrow on the brink. I had to practice more. I teleported straight to Vasilis, and with that my night of training begun. It took me a while to realize Jacquelyn wasn't asleep either. I could feel her watching and for a quick moment I made eye contact with her. I could tell just from looking, that she was worried about me. I walked over to her. I gave her a hug. I guess it was my way of saying sorry. I don't know if that sorry was for leaving her in bed or for practicing at night and showing that I too was worried about tomorrow. I went back to bed with her. I guess I would just have to face tomorrow as I was.

Chapter XV: Threemorrow
I woke up first. The sun wasn't even out yet. Why was I up then. What was tormenting my dreams.

"I know you're awake." I heard Jacquelyn whisper facing the other way. "I also know that you're not ready to do what needs to be done." She knew me too well.

"What would you have me do?" I asked her desperately. "We have no other choice, the others can't fight him, and I wouldn't risk your safety. I am already putting you into a huge amount of danger Jacquelyn. We have the chances of fighting 4 total dragon kings together. We might not be very lucky hun. That leaves you to fight one, me to fight one. and the rest to sort it out between themselves. I think the best plan is to separate and beat. If I beat one, then team up, that might be our best chance. I don't know what will happen."

"Dear, most likely they will come in too arrogant. I doubt they think they will need all four. Even then, we have this. Pedar trained you for this!" She raised her voice. She was right though he trained us in case we needed to fight all four. "Plus you have the secret trump card." She said as she turned around to hug me harder. "No more worrying, we have another hour or two before the others wake up." She said playfully moving her finger around my chest.

"Oh do we now?" I exclaimed playfully back.

-3 Hours Later-

We giggled as we came out of our makeshift tent fully armored. Everyone gave us either horrified, or disgusted looks. Oliver and Ayesha looked at us both as if there were disappointed in us.

"Is everyone ready?" My once cheerful mood instantly dropped to a gloomy one. "Before we go, I lied to you again. Jacquelyn made a few good points. The reason that I might not be ready when we go up there is..." I hesitated, I didn't know what to say.

"Paul is his dad." Jacquelyn answered as she put her arm around my waist. "He hasn't seen his dad since he was very young, and actually he doesn't even know this, but Paul gave Vrael away in hopes that Vrael wouldn't ever have to live THIS destiny. Even worse he is feeling that he has failed you as a team leader and..." I cut her off.

"And I understand that we aren't actually a team." Jacquelyn looked at me astounded that I'd said it. "Jacquelyn and I trained away from you guys for the majority. Irleera and Dew just joined yesterday, and we came and disrupted your unity." I pointed to the four 'horsemen'. "After this fight, I will abdicate my power to whoever wants it. I will leave the team. I don't know if I will even be 100% today, if I hesitate and cause the team any danger, don't hesitate to kill me or my father. That is all that I really have to tell you guys." I opened up the portal with nothing left to say. I let go of Jacquelyn as I walked through. A powerful force blasted us as we entered the area, it was a dark power surging through it all. I assume as everyone walked through they all felt the same power that I did. It was astonishing. I felt like I could collapse from the sheer force, but now I wondered was it the air around us, or was it the man standing in front of us. I planted Vasilis five feet behind me.

"Son." his voice rang out to me.

"Dad." I shook in my armor, I almost began crying.

"Sir, I am Jacquelyn. I am your son's fiance." Jacquelyn broke the news to my father and the entire team behind us.

"Fiance?" The word was said loudly, even by my father.

"I'm proud of you son. She's very beautiful. I hope you guys can defeat me and make yourself a happy life, and a good world to live in. There is still more than you could imagine going on th..." he was cut off by a portal opening. Unlike my starry portals this one was a red orange. I was originally right.

"Enough, Brother. Hello, my promiscuous child." The fire dragon directed at his own daughter.

"Sir Matthew, so it will be you and my father fighting us today?"

"No boy it won't." A voice appeared from behind me. I was prepared though. I teleported to Vasilis, and drew it from the ground. As I flew towards my mysterious assailant I sent a kick flying straight to their head.

"Dad, why did you do all this?" Rohan whispered as the assailant flew to the left from my kick.

"'Emperor' Lejund." I said mockingly. As if by fate again, the same boy was in the background again. "WHO ARE YOU!?" I shouted. Lejund only smirked, but this time Everyone saw him as well.

"Vrael, was that the guy you saw in the forest?" Dew asked.

"Yea, why?" I responded.

"If we live through this I will tell you." She said hesitating. I could feel everyone shaking in their boots. I knew it wasn't a good idea bringing them along. Even Jacquelyn was frightened to a point.

"You're not going to participate, Lejund." Said a thunderous evil voice. It was Zombay. He didn't even look human, even less dragon. I didn't know what this thing was, but whatever it was, it was stronger than the man I called my father.

"You've read the scrolls though!" Shouted Lejund, "You know what will happen if they live."

"That isn't for you to decide, it is for the master." Zombay answered. Even something as powerful as him had someone to answer to. Pedar was wrong, it goes much deeper than he thought. Under their non-so-vigilant eye Paul had thrown me a letter. I didn't know what it had in it but I hid it in my armor.

"Vrael, are we still going to fi..." Jacquelyn got cut off.

"I am going to kill you Dad." Rohan shouted across the plateau. His awkward nature and stance had become more upright. Jacquelyn and I turned around. We stared at Rohan.

"Don't get us killed for your error Rohan. Let us deal with this situation." Jacquelyn scolded. I looked at Jacquelyn signalling we were keeping with our plan.

"Dad, good luck." I whispered.

"You need some luck too 'King' Matthew." laughed Jacquelyn.

Chapter XVI: The Full Fight

I stood up, Jacquelyn and I had agreed that if I couldn't fight my father without being 100% sure I wouldn't hesitate, then she would deal with fighting him. I took King Matthew, I was ready to fight him he wouldn't pose to much of a challenge. I dragged Vasilis along the ground.

"You ready Matthew? You die today." I said as I looked toward the man who just willing threw his daughter to us.

"Paul, it was great to meet you, and your son is a fantastic boy." I heard Jacquelyn say as she drew her weapon and prepared to fight my father.

"Boy your attention should be on what is in front of you." I heard Matthew's voice a split second too late. I turned my head to feel his foot land across my face. I felt myself go down to the ground as I dropped Vasilis and rolled across the plateau.

"Jacquelyn I'll help you with Paul!" I heard Oliver yell, as I saw the Fire Dragon come towards me.

"Boy, you're weaker than I expected. Too bad it ends here." I heard him say as he lifted his foot. I was going to let this battle end. I teleported to Vasilis, Matthew caught on and was close by. I had planned this too, I bounced off the handle from a teleported handstand. I knew he was going to slam his fist where I previously was, as both of my feet landed on the ground from evading his attacks, I swept both my legs around my body, I felt my right foot connect with his face. He flew back unscathed. Crap this might be harder than I thought. I grabbed Vasilis and I stood across from him. "Good kick, unfortunately, you aren't even a shadow of your father. You're but a mere spec on this earth child."

"That condescending tone of yours, sir, is going to be the end of you." I mocked. I saw his face become enraged he began to sprint at me, I feigned an underhand strike on my right with Vasilis to get a reaction out of him as he neared, I actually stuck it in the ground though. I then pushed and span around to meet his little sidestep, and as I feigned another punch I watched him juke me to his left this time. I felt like a genius. The second he passed me, I had teleported to Vasilis, and this time I jumped off the bat sending a knee straight to his face. This time it had an impact. I watched him kneel and fly back. I had only a second to look at how Jacquelyn was doing, I looked up to see Oliver getting kicked across the plateau and my Father catching Jacquelyn's sword as if it was a toy.

"You little..." Matthew tried to say something but I had already appeared before him and sent a kick to the center of his face. I saw him fly back, and I chucked my sword in his direction, I had to time this perfectly. I needed another glimpse of the other fight. I saw as my blade had gone back to being Vertical I now had half a second to teleport, I managed to get it, but I was at a slight angle. No matter, I jumped straight onto Matthew, both my feet on his stomach and straight into the ground. Vasilis flew by me to a near by boulder. I stepped from Matthew's body and I lifted him by his neck, I dropped him and caught him with my knee. This battle had gotten easier, but I couldn't let up, my knee's blow had left him in the air for an extended period of about one second, allowing me to turn around and kick him straight in the stomach with a spin. He flew toward the same rock as Vasilis. The second before making contact I teleported and as I landed next to blade, I put my hand around Matthew's face and slammed him through the boulder. "You cocky little moron. This ends NOW!" He shouted, perfect, I grabbed Vasilis and made my way toward him. He began transforming into his full-size dragon form. "Where are you boy meet the face of your..." I stabbed him directly in the heart through his weak underbelly. I looked as everyone was weak by his sight, but his death brought Irleera bum-rushed me. Trying to save her father probably.

"D-d-dad... Please stay with me." She cried into his untransformed chest while he began to revert to a human.

"Get away from me child, you were the biggest disappointment, why couldn't I have a powerful son like Paul? Instead I got a useless tart for a daughter, do you have no honor? Do you have no respect for our family crest?" He spat at her with blood coming out of his mouth. It was a truly horrendous sight.

"I...I... I... I love you Dad." I watched Irleera put her head back in his chest. For a quick moment before his death Matthew had a smile, was it because he was happy his daughter loved him, or was it because he was happy to leave her behind? No one will ever know. " I hate you!" I heard Irleera shout at me. I couldn't stop myself.

"I'm sorry, it had to be done, Irleera." I whispered as I looked at Jacquelyn. Father was holding her by her throat in mid air. His foot on Oliver's chest and Ayesha, Volke, and Rohan were all knocked unconscious, and Dew was so scared she was shaking. They weren't ready for this fight. I saw my Father begin to crush Oliver, and squeeze Jacquelyn's throat harder. "NOOO!" I shouted I chucked Vasilis toward him, I teleported within 5 feet as I began a sprint and Vasilis kept flying. He connected Tyrfing to the strike, it sent Vasilis flying all the way over the cliff. I felt myself fly to tackle my father, I landed and pushed him enough to get him off Oliver. He dropped Jacquelyn to catch me. I knew it wasn't him in control as I felt a 3 strikes from his knee in quick succession. It was astounding and powerful. I felt myself drop. "Good bye Father." I said and within a second I heard Zombay begin to laugh in the background. I saw my dad raise Tyrfing to strike me down. With that it was time for me to use Pedar's final gift. A crystal with a golden sheen.

"What?!" Shouted Zombay. I raised the rock toward my father. It worked just the way Pedar said it would. It began draining the element of Light from my Father.

"So, son you got the Crystal of Light huh?" He smiled as he felt his power drain. The crystal was draining his power and I felt it empower me as it continued draining.

"Ahhh!" I heard Irleera shout. Her Father's body had disappeared to be replaced by a Red and Black Orb. "Dad what happened?!" she shouted in a fit.

"You have 2 of the Emblems!?" Zombay shouted.

"No I have all 8." I responded. Even Zombay was surprised. Luckily his master had said he couldn't fight us. "Irleera pick the orb up!" I shouted. I watched as she lifted the Orb, all while I still drained my Father's life force. "The Orb is your father's life force, whoever absorbs it becomes the next Dragon of Fire!" It was too late for her to change her mind, she was already absorbing the orb, as I was absorbing the crystal's new energy.

"Good luck son, be a better hero than I was." I watched as my father started fading. "I'm glad I got to see you and Jacquelyn together before I leave this world." I heard him say as I saw Jacquelyn getting up. I was glad. I felt like we had won. Unfortunately, good things could only last so long. I saw as my father had completely disappeared. Though, as I blinked he was quickly replaced with Zombay. I teleported to Vasilis, forgetting it was hit. It appeared to have fallen into a chasm. I couldn't become a dragon yet even, I had no training. So I looked around in complete darkness. Where am I wondered. Even looking up only provided darkness, or was upward actually down? I was lost in here. We had finally gotten past a point in our journey only to be separated. I knew the others couldn't form a decent team without me. I even lost my Fiance. I felt like everything was over. I needed something or someone. I didn't want to be trapped down here forever.

Chapter XVII: Trapped

Current Delay/Notes: Here is where you can make comments and criticize the story! I might return soon :3

Credits
Actors
The White Knight: Me {Good}
Undersoul: Scorpio {Good}
Snake XZ: Zaxkex {Good}
Shemwell2: Shems {Evil}
Micharion: Matthew {Good>Bad}
Muchiha: Madara {Good}
Hellblade: Oragoth {Good}
Oliver Bell: Oliver Bell {Good}
Tep Itaki: Zombay {Evil}
Arch 1: Lejund {Evil}
Arch 2: Percy {Good}
Arch 3: Mona Lisa {Good}
Arch 4: Ayesha {Good}
Kors: Kor {Good}
WarMonger StarSaber: Christian {Good}
FlashBang: Wyrm {Good}
popinloopy: Popin {Good}
Heroes: Nilfheim {Good}
Fal: Dariel {Good}
SLD: Aleph {Evil}
Zork: Zork {Evil}
Hict98: Pedar {Good}
No one: Reiz {Good}

Notes to Paul:
Elemental Dragons:
Fire: Micharion
Water: ArchMopeCake
Wind: Warmonger Starsaber
Ice: Heroes of the Scape
Earth: Hellblade
Energy: Snake
Light: The White Knight
Dark: Kors
Corrupted: Tep Itaki

Important Characters:
Elf Kings/Queens (3): Nillem (Queen), Diako, Oskorex
Dwarf King/Queen: Percy
Vampire King/Queen: Undersoul.
Werewolf King/Queen: Nitra

Races:
Paul: ED
Micharion: ED
Shem: Dwarf
US: Vampire King
Madara: Human
Snake: ED
Hellblade: ED
Oliver: Human
Tep: ED
Arch 1: ED
Arch 2: Dwarf
Arch 3: Human
Arch 4: Elf
Kors: ED
Warmonger Starsaber: ED
Flashbang: Human
popin: Elf
Heroes: ED
Falerin: Human
SLD: Human
Zork: Human
Hict: Elder Void Wyrm

Requests as of now(Pm if you have any):
Wyverns: Approved

Special Thanks:
Tep Itaki for giving me a bajillion names, fixing all my cruddy grammatical errors, and of course, helping me with the many detailed descriptions of object that filled the wonderful story world of ours. !

Instory Name:
Instory Alignment(Good/Evil/Neutral/Etc):
Instory Race:
Elf | Human | Dragon | Dwarf | Elemental Dragon

Notes: I have began a new story, I am co-authoring with Tep Itaki, and I shall be updating this story AT LEAST once a week. If you would like, you can leave commentary, suggestions, or story requests in comments below and I will be glad to respond to them!

< Message edited by The White Knight -- 4/7/2014 4:33:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> 10,000 Years (Book 1)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition