Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Omega Aftermath - Feburuary 8, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Omega Aftermath - Feburuary 8, 2013
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2013 17:53:32   
Samurai_ED

quote:

February 08, 2013
Omega Aftermath

Last Tuesday, we finally said a final goodbye to Delta and launched our highly-anticipated Omega phase! Many of you loved the new features and battle dynamics added by cores, while some have voiced concerns about the new balance of power in the game. Those of you who have been with EpicDuel or any other Artix Entertainment game know that these games are constantly evolving. This last release will not be the final release, not by a longshot, and we are already hard at work fixing bugs and making key adjustments to the balance. There is only so much a small team can do, and sometimes it takes 1000s of players to uncover issues.

See? You're helping! Continue to help us with your feedback here!

Omega Gratitude

I would like to extend a nice hearty EpicDuel "Thank You" to all of our moderator and testers (many of whom pulled double duty) who made this release possible. Many of you were plugging away with use, finding critical bugs and making helpful suggestions into the wee hours of the night, going above and beyond the job description. You have done extraordinarily well, and we salute you!

Also worthy of praise is our forum crew, who have helped keep the forums sane leading up to the release and will continue to assist us in gathering feedback and identifying bug reports as we dive headlong into Omega.

I would also like to thank the crew at the EpicDuel Wiki, who work tirelessly and astonishingly fast update all of the new Omega content. We blew up stats and requirements for nearly 1400 of your item entries. Sorry about that!

We can't forget the other teams at Artix Entertainment who have helped us promote Omega and believed in our goals, even through the extended development time. Special thanks go to the Help Team, who help make sure our players' accounts are secure and their owners are happy.

Lastly, but surely not least-ly, I would like to thank our dedicated players. You stuck with us through over 2 months without a release, and I sincerely hope you think Omega was worth the wait. Obviously, it's not perfect, but I can guarantee that it will grow and evolve from here. We're in a better position than ever to deliver exciting new content and change gameplay in ways that were simply impossible before. Thank you for being a part of the best development phase yet!

Yeti Guide

Many of you have been asking how to upgrade your yeti. I will admit that it can be a bit complicated, so I've created a handy guide to help you train your Yeti into a beastly Omega Yeti! Regardless of which Yet you choose, your journey will begin in Frysteland's interior, just beyond the Frysteland sign.

You will take two different paths depending on which Yeti you wish to upgrade. For Baby Yetis, please see Hulnas the Tamer. For Dark Yetis, you'll want to speak with the Arctic Trainer. There is no way to skip ahead to an Omega Yeti. You must train to a Yeti Warrior before you can train into an Omega Yeti. You cannot undo the process and devolve your Yeti back into a Baby or Dark Yeti so consider your actions carefully!

Baby Yeti:

Speak with Hulnas the Tamer. He will offer a series of missions to train your Baby Yeti into a Baby Yeti Warrior! If you do not wish to purchase a Yeti Serum outright, you may choose to start with "Armored to the Teeth" and work your way to "Beast Versus Boss", which will earn you a free Yeti Serum! You may then complete the final mission to upgrade your Baby Yeti.

If you wish to take the quicker route, you can ignore the first three missions and buy a Yeti Serum from the Tamer and accept and complete the "Juvenalia" mission to morph your Baby Yeti into a Baby Yeti Warrior.

To upgrade your Baby Yeti Warrior into an Omega Baby Yeti, visit Ylwa and start with "Battle Bruised" and work your way to "If It Bacons..." which will reward you with the Omega Serum. You can then complete the process by finishing "Beast's Burden."

As with the upgrade process from Baby to Warrior, you can bypass the first three missions by purchasing an Omega Serum and completing "Beast's Burden. "

Enjoy your Omega Baby Yeti!

Take a look at this handy visual guide form Charfade!

Dark Yeti:

Speak with the Arctic Trainer. He will offer a series of missions to train your Dark Yeti into a Dark Yeti Warrior! If you do not wish to purchase a Yeti Serum outright, you may choose to start with "Warming Up" and work your way to "Is Your Baby Yeti?", which will earn you a free Yeti Serum! You may then complete the final mission to upgrade your Dark Yeti.

If you wish to take the quicker route, you can ignore the first three missions and buy a Yeti Serum from the Trainer and accept and complete the "Abominable? Adorable" mission to morph your Dark Yeti into a Dark Yeti Warrior.

To upgrade your Dark Yeti Warrior into a Omega Dark Yeti, visit Captain Murdoc and start with "The Yetikiller" and work your way to "Frying Flesh" which will reward you with the Omega Serum. You can then complete the process by finishing "Ultimate Baby Yeti."

As with the upgrade process from Dark Yeti to Warrior, you can bypass the first three missions by purchasing an Omega Serum and completing "Ultimate Baby Yeti. "

Enjoy your Omega Dark Yeti!

Take a look at this handy visual guide form Charfade!

Beyond Omega

Now that Omega is live, what is left for EpicDuel? Besides bug fixes and balance polish, where can we go from here? The whole point of Omega was to extent the longevity and excitement of EpicDuel. We felt we were running into a rut by pushing the boundaries of power creep. Anything we released below level 35 was swiftly ignored by hardcore players, and items without "ideal" stat configuration were similarly neglected.

Omega will allow us to increase the depth of the battle engine through interesting choices rather than forcing players to adopt the "right" build with the "right" gear. As we add more cores, it will become increasingly harder for one build to rule them all. By creating ever-evolving battle dynamics, we believe EpicDuel can continue to grow in popularity and quality for years to come!

In the short term, after the dust has settled from the initial launch and balance is in a good place, we will being the Golden Yeti Tournament. We realize the structure is more of competition than a bracketed tournament, but we hope to evolve this concept into a fully-realized tournament feature.

After the Tournament, we will be concluding the Frysteland storyline, with an epic confrontation with Alydriah in her winter palace! Hang onto those Summoning Stones, because it will take a cosmic force of unimaginable power to unseat the tyrant from her icy throne!

Oh yeah, and there's actually a holiday coming up next week -- that means the return of a familiar angel of death! But what new abilities will these creations bring from the great beyond? Stay tuned to find out!

Tags: Nightwraith

Please do not tag your own thread. -- SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/8/2013 19:37:01 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/8/2013 18:00:27   
ReinVI

First? and there's a typo "being the yeti tournament :P"
Epic  Post #: 2
2/8/2013 18:06:34   
Calogero

quote:

and sometimes it takes 1000s of players to uncover issues.

Pretty sure most of these ' unbalance ' issues could be seen by just 1 player...

I was blocked by a 21 dex Mage while having 74 myself...
Did I mention he was a Non Var and he called me a noob?

Yea, I doubt I'll ever really enjoy EpicDuel anymore with this
Everybody is equal *insert random word*

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/8/2013 18:11:48   
Retrosaur

@Calogero

Now presenting....Communist EpicDuel! You are no longer bound by social restrictions and are placed on par with everyone else (except for mods :D).

Honestly, this DN post did nothing. I did not see a word of them admitting that STR abuse is rampant, or at least how they were going to fix anything.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/8/2013 18:27:03   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

Pretty sure most of these ' unbalance ' issues could be seen by just 1 player...

I was blocked by a 21 dex Mage while having 74 myself...
Did I mention he was a Non Var and he called me a noob?

Yea, I doubt I'll ever really enjoy EpicDuel anymore with this
Everybody is equal *insert random word*

couldnt of put it better myselve

quote:

they screwed me enough.

not u everyone that paid for this game . not just you.us.

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/8/2013 18:30:28 >
Post #: 5
2/8/2013 18:29:23   
willendorf

@colegro. Your first post made me laugh.

We (vars) got screwed. Bad. Really like most of the stuff though...
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/8/2013 18:39:30   
Average

When I heard about the Omega release, I figured Varium might not be worth getting, so I didn't get it. I'm so glad I did, it would have been $50 down the drain that I can now use on something that actually means something.

The imbalance obviously needs fixing. All the new updates make Epicduel look a lot better, which is nice, I guess. It's like an old, dull, rusty knife was Delta. For Omega, they took that knife and polished it. It's now a clean knife, but it doesn't cut any better.
Post #: 7
2/8/2013 18:57:23   
the final hour
Banned

funny how i never saw anything about broken items not dropping nymore in the DNs till a forumite posted about it also . i could of missed it tho i spose
Post #: 8
2/8/2013 18:57:57   
Stabilis

Staff honestly everything besides balance and the chronic fees were fantastic.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/8/2013 19:05:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

whos excited about the azrael themed zooka and sidearm? i know i am
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/8/2013 19:07:30   
the final hour
Banned

when they sort out balance

make level actually mean something

make the luck factor (first turn blocks and crits ) not so game breaking

when they make varium worth something

ill start getting excited again
Post #: 11
2/8/2013 19:07:43   
liy010

So...Any changes to balance today? (Friday release)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/8/2013 19:53:52   
One Winged Angel1357

@lily010 this is off of facebook from about an hour ago

quote:

We still plan on rolling a balance / bug fix update tonight. Titan bribed Rabble with birthday cake if he'd stay extra late!

@Trizz I was talking to Lycus in game about how there needs to be more Angel themed gear, because I have an ego plain and simple, so it looks like I might get a full Azrael set even if it means buy a promo package
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/8/2013 19:56:15   
Calogero

Do note:

Promo Package =
No ingame advantage
No 15000 credits

I wonder how many people would buy it, I sure wouldn't ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/8/2013 20:08:07   
One Winged Angel1357

@Calogero you forgot to mention possible exclusive core aside from that no in game advantage to be found at this time.

But my ego would compel me to buy it so I can finish out the Angel set
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/8/2013 20:10:41   
_i_am_a_helper_

"Many of you loved the new features and battle dynamics added by cores, while some have voiced concerns about the new balance of power in the game"

Now I'm just concerned about the Devs thinking that "most" of us all LOVE the features ._.
Post #: 16
2/8/2013 20:13:12   
Calogero

Cores that are locked with probably the increased Crit chance....
It ain't that high but I'm sure there already is a Crit Core for Guns
and Auxs...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/8/2013 20:22:15   
One Winged Angel1357

Azrael's Bane has a passive crit increasing so that is a logical train of thought
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/8/2013 20:45:39   
Hun Kingq

They did a great job with Omega and before they even start the tournament there is way too many issues that needs to be fixed to make a fair competition.

First
adjust stat progression for tech and dex
second
adjust the equations for blocks and deflection because for skills that should be blockable are unblockable dex does not mean a difference
third
whatever they did to give an advantage to lower level players get rid of make them truly earn leveling up like the rest of us did
fourth
undo the nerfs
It is ridiculous that a multi skill core could do more damage then the multi skills
take away the nerfs to the multis and make adjustment so all are equal when it comes to battle damage.
The Blood Mage has only one high damage skill, the Bludgeon, it should not be so.
A player playing a Blood Mage should be able to make any combo build and not have a lot of losses, for example, if a player want to have a Fireball/Plasma Cannon build that build should be as successful as any build or a tech dex build, a Plasma Cannon/Multi build but with so many skills being too weak, it makes those skills less desirable to use. The two skills that should have power is Plasma Cannon and Fireball than multi, When using a debuff skill such as Intimidation , which I used at max with high support it should make a noticeable difference but too many times that skill failed. Too many times Energy shield and Reflex Boost have failed to do their job even at max.
Replace energy shield with something that improves tech but improves with support not dex.
Replace Intimidation with a debuff skill that would actual work more often as it should.

Right now the merc classes have become a 1 to 2 turn victory just look at the 1vs1 leader board over 700 wins but people still complain about strength Blood Mages more so the weak fireball than the strong Bludgeon.
Epic  Post #: 19
2/8/2013 21:32:33   
Made 4 Sunny Days

Yay!!
So I definitely read that last sentence in the Design Notes and jumped outta my chair screaming, Valentine's Day!

Couldn't be more excited

~Stay Sunny~
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/8/2013 21:33:30   
button33

Are they done updating?
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/8/2013 21:44:53   
legion of souls

quote:

Are they done updating?

What
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/8/2013 21:47:58   
King Helios

@button33: Not as of now. What are they updating?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/8/2013 23:07:52   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

@lily010 this is off of facebook from about an hour ago

quote:

We still plan on rolling a balance / bug fix update tonight. Titan bribed Rabble with birthday cake if he'd stay extra late!

Hey, I didn't get no cake >:(
Post #: 24
2/8/2013 23:23:59   
Stabilis

The cake... it's a trap!

What?
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Omega Aftermath - Feburuary 8, 2013
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition