Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Omega, beta again?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Omega, beta again?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2013 21:21:14   
_i_am_a_helper_

This is mainly for beta members, but everyone is open to answer

Title says it all. In beta, you could get around the same amount as every weapon now. In beta, luck generally helped out a lot sometimes. The only thing different was the community was nicer in beta. Non variums at the time could actually kill variums. If theres anything else I missed please point it out

Is this beta, and we're all blind? Have we just adapted to enhancments, gamma, and delta, where the variums had a HUGE upperhand? Please discuss
Post #: 1
2/8/2013 21:24:41   
DeathGuard

You're wrong, Beta had less luck involved than in Omega due to cores being implemented. About this being beta, not at all.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/9/2013 0:21:35   
LVXYZ

I like your viewpoint, but sadly, this has become almost nothing like beta. In terms of ITEM balance, it is, but in everything else, it's nothing like the old days. This was back when little was going on in the game such as missions and story and all that. Plus, with the new art, it feels completely different compared to beta, sadly.
Post #: 3
2/9/2013 5:26:12   
nico0las

Let's not tarnish the memory of beta by comparing this to it. Beta was fantastic.
Omega can be fantastic. It isn't yet.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/9/2013 10:12:34   
_i_am_a_helper_

Looks like we'll just have to wait and see
Post #: 5
2/9/2013 10:31:34   
UnderSoul

I wish Omega had Beta's community.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/9/2013 10:38:37   
Remorse

omega definitely has potential,

All they need to do is stop implementing luck based cores, and change those that are already.

Nerf STR a hell of a lot, and it should become a hell of a lot close to beta period.
Epic  Post #: 7
2/9/2013 10:41:24   
Banir

I don't know what you're talking about. In Beta, I used to get completely destroyed by people with Varium (at least in 1v1). Luck wasn't nearly as important as it was here. Not even luck, just random crap like deflections and blocks. There was no Shadow Arts, no weapons skills, and no crazy 4% block core. Plus, there are the 3 evolved classes and don't forget absolutely no requirements on weapons, heals don't improve with support, deflection isn't on support, multis where nerfed to hell. Oh, and robots. I don't think this is even close to Beta.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/9/2013 10:44:21   
Darkeroid

Yes. It kinda is. I liked Beta and I am liking Omega the same. I have average luck in Omega. Luck didn't make me win fights nor did it make me lose any. People only point out the times they lose because of luck and not win.

Epic  Post #: 9
2/9/2013 10:45:28   
_i_am_a_helper_

^The assault bot was released right before Gamma ^^
Post #: 10
2/10/2013 9:09:13   
Unknown Nub

Beta was extremely fun, with a 30 level cap and no bots there was no game-breaking builds like there are today.
Back then, you couldn't adjust your weapon stats to whatever you wanted
Back then, people were given free varium just for beta testing
Back then, there were alot of factions which didnt disband within a day
Back then, there wasnt "influence"
Back then... this game was good

Now, im Omega, it's ruined
Post #: 11
2/10/2013 9:11:03   
theholyfighter

quote:

Back then, people were given free varium just for beta testing

That's wrong. I'm a Beta tester but me and those I knew in Beta didn't get free varium for beta testing.

AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/10/2013 9:24:22   
blade98

Well according to the wiki, and I quote
quote:

Users in the early beta stages received 1,000 Varium for joining during the first month. This was only available to people who had an active AQWorlds Membership, a DragonFable Dragon Amulet, a MechQuest Star Captain Upgrade, or an Adventure Quest/WarpForce Guardian or X-Guardian Upgrade.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/10/2013 10:26:52   
TurkishIncubus

Not even close to Beta
Epic  Post #: 14
2/10/2013 10:42:31   
JariTheMighty

Make hp +2 per stat point again and we will be closer to what Beta was. But I don't think we should be going back in time.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
2/10/2013 10:44:49   
theholyfighter

quote:

This was only available to people who had an active AQWorlds Membership, a DragonFable Dragon Amulet, a MechQuest Star Captain Upgrade, or an Adventure Quest/WarpForce Guardian or X-Guardian Upgrade.

quote:

during the first month

AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/10/2013 11:19:48   
Winters Key

spoiler:

NO.

Reason: Beta- You couldn't buy varium weps with credits. (I find this more of a pro than a con.)
Edit:
@holyfighter The guy is right. Check the old DN's.

< Message edited by Winters Key -- 2/10/2013 11:35:36 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/10/2013 11:30:32   
sylar67

@jari and others check my post here : post #18
Post #: 18
2/10/2013 12:45:24   
_i_am_a_helper_

Well, the only difference for me is the community, some level 31 went in battle with me, I would've won but then he stunned me and then ended up the fight by saying GOOD FIGHT :/

Post #: 19
2/10/2013 12:57:22   
King FrostLich

If it was beta, I'd see players randomly using builds. Right now, it's just another copy paste strength builds all over again. Beta had lesser chance of copying builds because stat points were locked in all weapons so in order to have the same build with your opponent, you needed to have the same equipment as he has. Now that you can customize your stats in every weapon in Omega, build copying is even more rampant than in Beta. Not only that, all weapons are basically free so getting basic weapons is better than a good looking weapon if you are even smart enough.
Epic  Post #: 20
2/10/2013 14:34:21   
veneeria

As a beta player, i feel that omega is the stage in which i can't really tell the difference from a varium user or not.
Hell, i even crack up when someone calls me a " noob payer ".
The community feels the same but with fame still implanted into game and balance doesn't brother me much.

Personally, i agree, variums were not a huge thread as in the other phases, as in during beta (though founders were kinda harder the varium lol).
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/11/2013 9:16:33   
Darkeroid

The past always seems better. I am liking omega. ALMOST as much as I did beta. Nostalgia.

Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Omega, beta again?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition