Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Patch Notes - 1.5.1 - February 8, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Patch Notes - 1.5.1 - February 8, 2013
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2013 21:22:36   
button33

quote:

February 08, 2013
1.5.1 Patch Notes

NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:

• Lowered character retrain cost from 20 Credits per level (500 max) to 10 Credits per level (250 max)
  • Lowered item retrain cost from 250 Credits to 100 Credits
  • Vendbots have finally learned how to buy items from you
  • Veteran and Advanced Battlegear are now Rare Promo items
  • Mutating armors are now labeled as such in inventories
  • Added a resale value to Bacon drops from Titan

BALANCE CHANGES:

NOTE: These are far from the only changes we plan on making. We wanted to make these encompassing changes first to make sure we aren't over-tuning other skills or classes at the same time.

• Health and Energy now grows by 1 point every even level (So level 35 players will have an extra 17 health)
  • Juggernauts now match with players 6-10 levels lower (Changed from 3-8 levels lower)

BUGS FIXED:

• Missions would stop counting wins past 255
  • Items with no resale value (Grenades and Chairman Bux) now have their proper resale value
  • Missions rewards will now come with appropriate weapon damage instead of 0
  • Missions that require rusted weapons have been updated to require different weapons
  • NPCs would sometimes fail to drop mission items
  • Changing worlds very rapidly could result in a server kick
  • Leaving a battle early would still grant battle rewards
  • The item finder now supports apostrophes (') in search
  • Awarded missing Enhancer achievements to players that were supposed to receive it
  • NPC fights no longer show a visual loss during battle
  • Renamed duplicate mission "A Frosty Redux"
  • Poison/Frostbite damage now update your bottom-left HP/EP bars
  • Field Commander and Blood Commander were able to be cast on top of each other
  • Chairman's Fury is now properly a one-time use
  • Thorn Assault is now properly a one-time use

Tags: Patch Notes Titan

• Tagged and formatted, enjoy! ~Tanky

< Message edited by Wind -- 2/11/2013 6:18:23 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    2/8/2013 21:28:39   
    the final hour
    Banned

so strenghs still going to be on the rampage then :/
    Post #: 2
    2/8/2013 21:37:04   
    Stabilis

quote:

NOTE: These are far from the only changes we plan on making. We wanted to make these encompassing changes first to make sure we aren't over-tuning other skills or classes at the same time.

Hope is for this. You have to think big, no, you have to think gargantuan balance changes on your next update. As such, 17 health helps, yet is not enough. Keep on delivering those jab-jab-cross combos developers!
    AQ Epic  Post #: 3
    2/8/2013 21:48:42   
    Fortitudo

Wow that's a really wide range for juggernauts. Here we go back to them having 95%+ win ratios. =(
    Epic  Post #: 4
    2/8/2013 21:50:47   
    the final hour
    Banned

ok why did the servers go down again ?
    Post #: 5
    2/8/2013 21:51:54   
    Made 4 Sunny Days

Updating again? lol
    I didn't have time to try out my new build haha
    AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    2/8/2013 21:52:41   
    kosmo

What about reflex boost bug??I like the juggernaut idea, it was far too hard now.
    Epic  Post #: 7
    2/8/2013 21:52:50   
    Jekyll

...What just happened? The servers shut down while I was playing a juggernaut match. Will this count as a loss?
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    2/8/2013 21:53:05   
    King Helios

Yes. ^
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    2/8/2013 21:53:09   
    the final hour
    Banned

nvm im done with ED not imprtant nymore

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/8/2013 23:05:22 >
    Post #: 10
    2/8/2013 21:53:32   
    edwardvulture

lol I wasn't even able to log in
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
    2/8/2013 21:53:36   
    Scyze

It might!
    Same thing happened! I was about to win, just needed to Berzerker syfy.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
    2/8/2013 21:55:46   
    Hard boy

made a 132hp build just like that, and now servers down again.
    Epic  Post #: 13
    2/8/2013 21:57:08   
    Jekyll

With the current update, smashing lower levels will become much easier... Not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Nonetheless, I'll take any advantage I can get.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    2/8/2013 21:59:36   
    kaiseryeux21

^agree. lets just enjoy it while it lasts. instead of complaining, lets all play the game the way it should be. I guess that's the whole idea of Omega. Play the game according to its strength. enjoy everyone.
    DF Epic  Post #: 15
    2/8/2013 22:02:04   
    Average

To me these updates sound pretty nice. They are most certainly welcomed by me. Hopefully more is to come.
    Post #: 16
    2/8/2013 22:04:39   
    Fortitudo

quote:

smashing lower levels will become much easier... Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Bad thing. If lower levels have a bad time, they will quit and no one new will join the game.

< Message edited by Fortitudo -- 2/8/2013 22:05:19 >
    Epic  Post #: 17
    2/8/2013 22:12:28   
    kosmo

I m pretty sure juggs are never going to be as easy as before, but not as hard as they are now.
    Epic  Post #: 18
    2/8/2013 22:17:44   
    Mother1

@ fortitudo

And have jugs get smashed around by OP opponents is better? Sorry but no Both sides need to stand a fair chance of winning not one side destroying everything.

Besides if it goes back to what it was before then they will adjust it accordingly to make it balanced for both sides.
    Epic  Post #: 19
    2/8/2013 22:19:03   
    Fortitudo

I would love for it to be balanced for both sides. Lowering the level range won't do it in my opinion.
    Epic  Post #: 20
    2/8/2013 22:22:07   
      RabbleFroth

We hope to make some longer-term changes to Juggernaut matching in the future, but they would not have been ready for this patch. Instead of keeping it in the poor state it was in until we could make them, we opted to make the smaller matching change now.

As for the sudden downtime again, we discovered a fairly critical issue that had to be dealt with immediately. Sorry for that.

Post #: 21
    2/8/2013 22:26:48   
    Mother1

@ fortitudo

On that we are both in agreement. Neither side should be seen as a free win. it isn't fun for either side. As I told you when I am getting a real challenge out of jug meaning it is close until the very end and both sides are thinking is when I have the most fun jugging.

I didn't like being able to destroy my opponents without any thought that was no fun. But I don't like it when I am getting destroy without thought either.
    Epic  Post #: 22
    2/8/2013 22:32:12   
    Fortitudo

Thank you RabbleFroth. I'm glad to hear that the team is working diligently on the problem.

On another note, the number of juggernauts playing appears to have increased greatly now. =(

< Message edited by Fortitudo -- 2/8/2013 22:38:05 >
    Epic  Post #: 23
    2/8/2013 23:38:35   
    Remorse

Very good start to some needed changes.

And Im glad It was done pretty early on after the release so I'm proud of that fact.

However,

Im assuming the number 1 priority for most players would be balance, now that you have costs fixed, players really need a major balance update ASAP.

A whole release with all efforts towards balance are 100%! needed.

17 extra HP is a good start however this will not disadvantage the STR builds at all, You NEEEEEEEED to start to disadvantage STR builds for once in this games whole dam life!

Every extra feature you guys have added over the last 3 years seem to have been slightly advantaged STR builds more then any other (Aussult bot, STR based move on %'s, enhancements, low HP, Skill cores working with STR, etc.) Now they are at the point were you need luck to beat them, LUCK BASED BATTLES?? PATHETIC.

IMO STR builds need to be nerfed to the point were they are extremely difficult to use! I am sick of them forever ruling ED.

Im am actually so sick of it Im at the point were I honestly couldn't care less if players who like STR based builds miss out, TOO BAD TOO SAD, KILL THEM I SAY KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/8/2013 23:43:18 >
    Epic  Post #: 24
    2/8/2013 23:43:35   
    Death Jr

Just putting this out there a support build is more devastating then a Str build now. First turn plus crit.
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Patch Notes - 1.5.1 - February 8, 2013
    Page 1 of 712345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition