Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Raise the credit price of varium items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Raise the credit price of varium items
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2013 19:39:15   
TRizZzCENTRINO

I know that many non-varium players will hate me for suggesting this but, the credit price on the frysterland armors and the winter weapons are ridiculously cheap for such a awesome looking item, it should be atleast 35k-40k credits, only then it would truly make varium more useful and a shortcut on getting great gears.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/9/2013 19:40:19 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/9/2013 19:50:18   
DeathGuard

I don't agree, since prices are high right now and increasing their prices will cut nonvarium's stash of credits, taking in mind they must also spend in cores and rearranging the stats I don't support this at all.. Getting credits isn't as easy as back in Delta since PvP drops were removed so making prices be more expensive isn't the smartest idea. Also looks don't really has nothing to do with prices since what credit price are based was if they were varium based weapons or special equipped wepaons.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/9/2013 19:54:19   
Fortitudo

Seriously. Varium is already a huge shortcut. Not supported.
Epic  Post #: 3
2/9/2013 19:55:22   
Ranloth
Banned

Drops shouldn't even be included if you're trying to measure price inflation. Their purpose (Rusted) was to give you a good weapon until you can afford a normal one and Broken were to give you cheaper alternative to buying 'em. Remember, before Power Hour and all these drops, there wasn't an easy way to get items yet people could afford it. Once drops came and all the other stuff, price stayed the same which means there was no price inflation. In a way, I could say it was price deflation despite prices not falling down but making it easy to farm Credits.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
2/9/2013 19:59:17   
One Winged Angel1357

Beast Rider armor with no stats or defenses is 22,500 credits or ~704 1v1 wins.

Every Defense/Resistance point costs 825 credits or ~26 1v1 wins.

Every Stat modifier is 150 credits or ~5 1v1 wins.

All 10 defense points is 8250 credits or ~258 1v1 wins.

All stat modifiers is 2700 credits or ~85 1v1 wins.

In the end you are paying 33450 credits or ~1046 1v1 wins.

Also 33.45K is pretty close to 35K wouldn't you agree
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/9/2013 20:00:57   
DeathGuard

@Trans: How many credits cost a credit weapon back then when there were no drops? 15k credits, not +35k. The high prices started with the Harbinger weapons that were offered at that price and had the same amount of damage and stats as varium weapons, but drops and power hour took place and was easier.

@TRizz: Also if you didn't see prices, armors costs more than 33k credits lol
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/9/2013 20:09:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Harbringer weapons had Varium advantage hence why you paid more Credits, there were normal F2P items for 12-15K Credits. Now since items are equal, Varium costs about the same as before but Credit cost is lower which means prices went down (or for certain type of equipment). Drops and PH made it easier but lack of drops (temporarily) doesn't contribute towards any price inflation, since prices would go up otherwise.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/9/2013 20:09:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@death you forget that im also talking about the frost weapons like frostbolt blaster or frost cannon, they are cheap as, they are basically the same as the charbinger items but alot cheaper, i can get a whole set of varium items by playing for a week, thats why i think the credit price on some varium items needs to be increased.

@trans well when the drops return, the price should be inflated, not to mention that there is currently alot of missions that award credits.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/9/2013 20:13:35 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/9/2013 20:15:53   
willendorf

Supported, for reasons ^ stated.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/9/2013 20:23:11   
DeathGuard

@Trans: The problem was you said people could afford paying items at that time when it isn't the same right now.
quote:

Drops shouldn't even be included if you're trying to measure price inflation. Their purpose (Rusted) was to give you a good weapon until you can afford a normal one and Broken were to give you cheaper alternative to buying 'em. Remember, before Power Hour and all these drops, there wasn't an easy way to get items yet people could afford it.
At that time, as I said before, weapons costs no more than 15k credits or sometimes 20k if it was a promo item. Now weapons cost more than 20k not including stat rearrangement costs, upgrading (if you bought it before update or you bought it when you were a lower lvl), and cores which is somewhat alike to enhancement costs(not in the price but that it is needed if you want a better chance to win).

@Trizzcentrino: It doesn't matter if they are frost weapons, old weapons or new weapons, most of them have similar prices.

quote:

i can get a whole set of varium items by playing for a week, thats why i think the credit price on some varium items needs to be increased.
I laugh at this you know, because taking in mind this would add up more than 100k credits and you barely play, you would need to do +3125 1 vs 1 wins which you can't since as I said before, you barely play. Why I suppose this? If you were able to do it, you have had more wins that you got. I would advice you not to use pseudo facts like this since it just shows how desperate you are to show this is right.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/9/2013 20:27:14 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/9/2013 20:31:52   
Raffillia

I'll only agree if said weapon/armor/bot is unique. (Special Core)

The other former var-only weapons are the equivalent of non-var weapons but the prices are still the same.

quote:

Analysis from a lvl 1 Bounty Hunter:

Price of "Gougers" (Lvl 1) : 950 credits or 70 varium
Price of "Wrist Claw" (Lvl 1) : 500 credits or 75 varium

Stats:

"Gougers" (Lvl 1) : Str +1 (13 Physical Damage)
"Wrist Claw" (Lvl 1) : Str +1 (13 Physical Damage)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidearms:

"ACP" : 1,400 Credits or 75 Varium
"Outlaw" : 350 Credits or 60 Varium

Stats for Both: 13 Physical Damage, Str +1
Post #: 11
2/9/2013 20:42:39   
the final hour
Banned

100k creds at 32 creds per win considering on the npcs you can get 60 wins a hour which is 2k a hour 4k on power hour if you just did it on power hour once a day a full set is just short of 2 weeks . if you played a lil bit every day you could do it in a week . and if you were hardcore you could do it in a couple of days . their far too cheap and varium needs a buff a slight advantage . but back on the topic supported
Post #: 12
2/9/2013 20:46:10   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

At that time, as I said before, weapons costs no more than 15k credits or sometimes 20k if it was a promo item.

And again, you missed the WHOLE point. You are paying to be EQUAL with Varium players, hence this is the higher price. BEFORE, as you said, items costed no more than 15K but these were WEAKER than Varium weapons.
If you find the cost too high, don't upgrade your weapon fully. You don't have to maximise the damage and stats, you can do either one to cut down on the cost which will be the same as owning F2P weapon pre-Omega. And for a lower price.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/9/2013 20:51:59   
DeathGuard

@Trans: Tell me, what is a logical reason to make weapons more expensive? It will just screw balance more than it is right now and I can afford it, but as I said before, nonvariums have a short stash of credits making them unable to afford such prices leading to a point where they won't be able to compete, or even worse, buy weapons.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/9/2013 20:55:01   
the final hour
Banned

^so two days worth of work (cos its possible in 2 days ) for a full set of gear is reasonable. okay yeah its reasonable . think of it this way the ones who paid most fr varium were the hardcore players the ones who wanted to be on top the best of the best. theyll have no trouble getting the 100k in a couple of days . so whos buying varium then ? . since it gives no battle adavantage . and the time gap is nothing to a hardcore player. the prices dont need to go up they have too

and varium has to get a slight in battle advantage nothing major but something

or this game has no future .

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/9/2013 20:56:15 >
Post #: 15
2/9/2013 20:55:11   
Ranloth
Banned

So you pay for Varium advantage like Harbringer weapons did? And if you don't wanna pay more, you don't upgrade the weapon to full extent, thus making it equal to F2P item's cost pre-Omega? And they can keep upgrading it whenever they have Credits, not get whole another weapon like before. Y'know, Varium is shortcut now but it cannot be devalued to the point where it's just luxuries that can be bought with Varium and shortcut isn't really a short cut (due to low C:V ratio)? Would've thought this would be logical in my first post..
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
2/9/2013 21:02:06   
DeathGuard

@Trans: You don't see there is a better solution? Lowering varium prices is the best solution to all this, it favors varium players since they won't use all of their varium in more than 10 weapons( if they buy a 10k varium package) and will give them an advantage of getting more variety of weapons along with saving to enhance cores in weapons. It doesn't affects balance and it favor supporters as they should. Screwing nonvariums directly isn't the best way to keep prices right.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/9/2013 21:10:01   
the final hour
Banned

^ problem is no ones going to buy varium when they know they can get the same thing free. its that simple no advantage no sale .

what makes it worse you can get free with just a couple of days effort .
or if u want to be casual spend a hour a day playing ED for 2 weeks on power hour you've got a full set of gear with no effort put in free.

who an earth is going to buy v in a system like that . it taking longer the credit way wodnt rlly make a big difference if their was no battle advantage to buying varium . but the fact its pretty easy to obtain the stuff for free in a relatively short ammount of time . makes it even worse
Post #: 18
2/9/2013 21:17:46   
DeathGuard

You say hardcore players can afford to do it, but no more than 3% of all the players of ED are hardcore players which is few taking in mind not all of them are supporters. It won't have a great impact in ED, and unbalance made many players quit in Delta, the same will happen in Omega if they accept this type of ideas since few nonvariums will play and only varium players will remain, meaning that they would stop buying varium since they would have chances to compete without it. The logic of raising credit price is flawed. If hardcore players would be the majority I would accept your reply but it isn't.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/9/2013 21:19:18 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/9/2013 21:21:11   
Mother1

@ deathguard

Doing that would also make players buy less varium as well since they can make it last longer. Is that a bad thing for us? for non variums no but for varium players yes and I will explain why.

We already have a lot of players who aren't going to buy varium ever again because of what omega brought (removal of varium power gap and removal of extra stats on weapons for those who didn't pay a cent or with time <the offers for varium>)

That right there cuts into varium sells since it no longer offers power. Now if varium prices were made cheaper it would cut into sells even more and if sells of varium become too low the game won't get enough funding and will shut down. Then anyone who brought varium will lose their investment since there is no game.

The developers already are taking a risk with omega since they already ticked off their source of income by taking away the power it gave (the paying players) if they devalue varium too much no one will get it.
Epic  Post #: 20
2/9/2013 21:21:31   
Ranloth
Banned

But.. you don't have to accept our replies? This is for sake of feedback, our opinion is ours hence why you can disagree with it but not try and change it. That's why feedback is crucial for suggestions.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
2/9/2013 21:24:38   
DeathGuard

@Trans: When I said accept, it was meant in matter of logic since hardcore players isn't majority and that's what final hour's post implies( that there exists many hardcore players) or I'm wrong? Also I didn't ever said any opinion was needless or less important, I'm arguing about the facts they state.
I'll will make it easier for you: I don't accept his reply as a fact.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/9/2013 21:27:21 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/9/2013 21:31:13   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@deathguard i got a life you know, school, studies, art, a job at a game company, game design training, i definitely can get the time if i wanted to, but not in ED's current state, i would be forced to use a strength or support abuse build if i want to get credits fast.
now do you have anything else you want me to explain?

i was gonna get a 10k package at the start of omega, but seeing that credits are easy to earn and the credit price on varium items are cheap, it really put me off from getting varium, unless of course a new super duper awesome promo comes out, nightwraith has that covered.

quote:

@Trans: You don't see there is a better solution? Lowering varium prices is the best solution to all this, it favors varium players since they won't use all of their varium in more than 10 weapons( if they buy a 10k varium package) and will give them an advantage of getting more variety of weapons along with saving to enhance cores in weapons. It doesn't affects balance and it favor supporters as they should. Screwing nonvariums directly isn't the best way to keep prices right.

deathguard, you keep forgetting that this is also a business and the the devs do this for a living, like what mother1 said, lowering varium prices would make varium last longer so the devs gain less profit and that would not motivate people to buy the larger packages, are you sure you don't want ED to shutdown?

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/9/2013 21:39:03 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/9/2013 21:42:52   
DeathGuard

@Trizzcentrino: Thanks God you said it! You point out the flaw of what you stated:
quote:

i got a life you know, school, studies, art, a job at a game company, game design training, i definitely can get the time if i wanted to
EVERYONE got a life, not all can farm those credits in a week, it would take them a lot of time, maybe more than a month and what if they don't have all weapons or armor? They won't stand a chance and won't be able to get such credits as easier as varium players can. You don't have to see it only from your perspective but from others also, life offers so many points of view so raising prices won't affect us good players, but what about recent players, or players still leveling up and without all the items needed for battle? What if they got few time to farm the credits and the current price are difficult for them? That's the flaw in your post, not everyone is in the same position as you.

Also I don't forget this is a business, but as I stated before, unbalance also brings financial problems to ED because it makes supporters quit because the game no longer offers a stable battle mode. That's what was happening in the last months of Delta :)

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/9/2013 21:47:25 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/9/2013 21:52:10   
willendorf

quote:

Also I don't forget this is a business, but as I stated before, unbalance also brings financial problems to ED because it makes supporters quit because the game no longer offers a stable battle mode. That's what was happening in the last months of Delta :)

The people who quit were non variums, those who don't support the game at all. Your argument is invalid.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Raise the credit price of varium items
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition