Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What do You Think of Levelled Health?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What do You Think of Levelled Health?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2013 12:17:18   
Stabilis

Do you think that your health increasing by level was a useful step in the balance plan, or no?
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
2/10/2013 12:20:24   
King Helios

It was, but 74 energy for Cyber Hunter at 35 (I don't know it for other classes) is a bit much. You can do a level 4 malf and level 8 massacre without having to static or Generate.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/10/2013 13:07:11   
King FrostLich

Leveled Health - Yes
Leveled Mana - Neither Good or Bad

I'm not sure but having too much mana isn't good especially when facing 2v2. That means people get to abuse power moves that cost alot of mana.
Epic  Post #: 3
2/10/2013 14:28:56   
Banir

Leveled health is fine. Leveled energy is a terrible, terrible idea. You can do a lot of Massacres and Berzerkers without putting a point in your energy.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/10/2013 14:37:14   
veneeria

Pretty much what everyone else said, but i do use static charge anyway.

HOWEVER ! Having huge energy consumption from skills, makes energy points taking skills like emp grenade really freaking useful.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/10/2013 14:51:40   
willendorf

I have way too much energy... I only use a level 8 malf and level 6 cheapshot so I don't need all the extra... I kill fast enough that I don't use massacre it any other high using energy skill (finally found a build that works )
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/10/2013 15:01:07   
Assassin01

The extra energy has made Bunker Buster builds annoying but oh how I love being able to malf and beat people.

*It has also made Massacre builds a bit more viable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/10/2013 16:20:23   
deltaknight7

im fine with the health but ive never needed soo much energy my builds ussaly have 50 at most
seems like a waste of stat points that i really need
as tact merc there arnt many good skills that need that much energy

< Message edited by deltaknight7 -- 2/10/2013 16:21:28 >
Epic  Post #: 8
2/10/2013 17:14:06   
legion of souls

I think it was a step in the right direction
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/10/2013 20:46:12   
ValkyrieKnight

@ DeltaKnight

5 Focus Surgical Strike, enough said. With 70 energy and reroute, there's no way in hell of preventing that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/11/2013 1:07:31   
_i_am_a_helper_

Good for me, but not most people. People who are smart would know that abusing health with at least 140 gives you a better chance of winning
Post #: 11
2/11/2013 2:42:59   
sky222

Nothing much
Energy though....I have desperately needed that
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/11/2013 2:53:32   
Ranloth
Banned

It's 1 HP/EP every two levels, right? I'd say fine with HP but EP shouldn't have been done so but 1 EP every four levels instead, so it won't be too high nor abuseable. If we want more, we can invest into EP & we already get a bit more every few levels so it wouldn't hurt. If "bad" then 1 EP every three levels, always less than now.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/11/2013 4:12:13   
Hard boy

b4 the hp/mp boost, i had a build where i would beat nearly every str merc, then after the boost, they are the ones who got the advantage, i mean what would a tm or tlm do with 72 energy (except caster build), makes my reroute useless and now str mercs dont have to add any energy and they get free hp HURRAY they get more str and defenses.
Epic  Post #: 14
2/11/2013 4:23:32   
Remorse

I quite enjoy the higher energy,

Yes it allows abusive STR builds more power, but that is a separate problem.

As they add more skill core with any draining factors, over time, Most of you will find that this extra energy is useful.

Don't blame the abusive STR attacks reasoning to lower it,

Instead demand a quicker balance adjustment on the STR attacks.

The higher energy without sacrifice in defense or power means that creative builds that have higher costing attacks can stand more of a chance.

So IMO it is indirectly adding to variety,

Dont try to argue with me that it makes some builds to overpowered,

As soon as the skill core count rises they should be means to counter anything.

And when that happens you will be hearing the statement don't complain your lack of strategy is what is causing you to lose.

I am a blood mage (Low STR focus hybrid with supercharge), I have NO skill energy drain, yet I can manage to drain my opponents energy from builds like the surgical strike builds already using the 2 energy drain skills (frostbite, Sidearm skill core) at this early on in omega already.

If you class has an energy drain skill also you should have absolutely NO excuse.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/11/2013 4:24:19 >
Epic  Post #: 15
2/11/2013 4:27:36   
Hard boy

@remorse but that still doesnt change the fact that they released this hp/mp boost in the complete wrong time, without nerfing str neither fixing back technician or reflex (although they do work if ur not malfed, but i cant afford putting technician in my build since it doesnt do its full job).
Epic  Post #: 16
2/11/2013 4:30:52   
Remorse

^ I completely agree,

But now is time for patience,

Wait for them to continue the balance changes further on, and be thankful they haven't started the golden yeti tournament during this time, giving us extra reason to be patient.

It probably would of been preferable to do the STR skill adjustments first I agree,

But they shouldn't be too far away.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/12/2013 2:30:16   
TimeKiller

Need more health

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/12/2013 3:08:48   
Darkwing

health good, energy bad. I have 73 base energy and reroute, I never worry that I run out of energy. and I din't put a single point in energy.
Post #: 19
2/12/2013 3:28:24   
blade98

I think it's ok ,but abusers are more happy with this.

< Message edited by blade98 -- 2/12/2013 3:29:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/12/2013 3:31:10   
theholyfighter

I think it's worth a try! However, perhaps increasing the credits-gain? Because battles will be looooooooong.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/13/2013 0:04:04   
nico0las

I think it worked, but I think progressing energy in the same way was wrong.
Not only are we giving for FREE abusive builds energy points, so they can invest in more strength, for example, but there is no need for so much energy!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What do You Think of Levelled Health?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition