Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Weapon Requirements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Weapon Requirements
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2013 12:27:05   
King Helios

Hello guys and girls.

I was talking with a friend in-game, and we wondered: What if Swords were re-statted to be like normal weapons, but different looks? Weapon requirements would be removed, so swords are like class-specific weapons with different looks and animations.

What would happen?

< Message edited by King Helios -- 2/10/2013 18:10:46 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/10/2013 13:04:26   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Then we'd need to revise all the skill animations to work with swords. It would also make swords in general pointless as they were made with extra stats and damage at the cost of some skills. Definitely would lower the diversity of builds if swords were just reskinned class specifics.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/10/2013 18:00:11   
King Helios

Well, not that many skills require a class-specific weapon. ^

Venom Strike
Plasma Bolt
Fireball
Frenzy
Overload
Atom Smasher
Maul
Massacre
Cheap Shot
Assimilation
Supercharge

< Message edited by King Helios -- 2/10/2013 18:13:54 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/10/2013 18:04:21   
caser5

I'd be nice for me since (skill) weapon requirements make swords fairly 2nd rate/ useless.

< Message edited by caser5 -- 2/10/2013 18:05:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/10/2013 18:07:26   
Mother1

This would just destroy class specific weapons because who would use one of them if they can use a sword to do everything and gain extra stats in the process?
Epic  Post #: 5
2/10/2013 18:09:37   
King Helios

quote:

re-statted to be like normal weapons

So, mother1, they would provide no advantage, and serve an exclusively ęsthetical purpose.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/10/2013 18:12:22   
caser5

Yeah, the Delta Sword looks better than the Delta Maul, etc. In this scenario one could use the better looking sword and still use Frenzy/Atom Smasher etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/10/2013 18:14:46   
Mother1

@ king helios

Then it would destroy the original reason swords were made in the first place. To give extra stats at the cost of not being able to use certain moves. This could hurt diversity and make some people never use sword again.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/10/2013 18:14:52   
King Helios

Exactly @caser5, but you'd have to balance the awkwardness of doing, say, Atom Smasher with a sword with its better looks.

@mother1, I am not legitimately suggesting it here; just asking what would happen if said scenario took place.

< Message edited by King Helios -- 2/10/2013 18:16:02 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Weapon Requirements
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition