Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXIV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXIV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2013 23:20:00   
hijinks

Eh, I'm not really into Crypt Rouge, I want to grab Lich because of the epic animations, but I don't have a character that can match its caliber of strength.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 676
2/12/2013 23:35:46   
DarkLore

Screw this! First the lich now the stupid Crypt knights! What's going on here?! They suddenly got way more haxor all of a sudden!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 677
2/12/2013 23:38:33   
aliesterus

@Hijinks: You'll need to level up a nuetral character is what I suggest. Or a Lightning, someone killed Vergil with a Lightning Wolf. The trick there is that it uses up about the same energy as the bosses, and Storm is a far faster way to reach 20 damage than Corruption.

Nuetral has Iron Hide and Reflection Shields going for them, as well as Power Strike once they're well equiped.

Take these two strategies into consideration. Lightning needs to be at least level 10, my level 9 Lei Crossbows managed to get Witchblade down to 15 health before it died. However there was still one turn on two Storms left, a testament that it needs to be a higher level.
AQW  Post #: 678
2/12/2013 23:40:14   
hijinks

Thanks mate, by the way are you on my FL? O_o
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 679
2/12/2013 23:42:06   
aliesterus

@Hijinks: Nope, do you wish to be? I'm available to log on real quick if you want me to. Just go onto Testing server, then goto /join Solace-99
AQW  Post #: 680
2/12/2013 23:43:51   
hijinks

Am there.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 681
2/12/2013 23:46:38   
aliesterus

@Hijinks: I'm still on the forums, however that's going to end soon in about 14 minutes.
AQW  Post #: 682
2/12/2013 23:47:54   
hijinks

Heh, funny, I just came on to post on the Epicduel Forums. Lots of balance discussion there. xD Well I'm out. Thanks for the help man and the friend invite!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 683
2/12/2013 23:48:16   
DarkLore

If any staff members can read this... NERF THAT STUPID LICH! I am not wasting my entire life trying to achieve the impossible!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 684
2/12/2013 23:48:31   
aliesterus

@Hijinks: No prob, and byes!

@Darklore: Read my advice above. It will help you ALOT. I actually suggest lightning more because it'll put you nearly on par with the bosses.

@the OS staff: I actually agree though, even with those strategies, you'll still rely a bit heavily on luck, and it'll take you a few times before it's done right. Walking all the way to the end of the dungeon each time, I think, is the most annoying part. I think the best thing to do here is to simply raise the charge point of each of the bosse's cards by one and they'll still be hard to defeat, but not 97% near impossible.

Posts merged. - SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/13/2013 1:42:04 >
AQW  Post #: 685
2/13/2013 0:24:27   
Beck

Or limit it so that their maximum charge is 2 per turn.

@Darklore
Don't freak out man. There's still lots of pro-player balance features coming out. You'll stand a better chance in a week or 2.
AQW  Post #: 686
2/13/2013 0:41:47   
linklink0091

thats if the custem decks dont ruin the game ._. (even though 80% of the game right now is PvE ) i still like the idea of preset cards, it really makes some players thing depending on the character and the hand you get :l
AQW  Post #: 687
2/13/2013 0:42:53   
Riniti

@Linklink I know the feeling... I'm not terribly happy about CC coming...
Post #: 688
2/13/2013 1:19:34   
Beck

There. Taurus done!
...and I'm out of temporary X-Boosts. No more splurges for me in the future! There's just so much pressure to level as much as you can while the boosts are still active.
Now I'll just chill and relax until Thursday when all the fun Valentines characters come out.
Later people!
AQW  Post #: 689
2/13/2013 1:20:12   
Vagaran

@Lord Beck

You got Taurus to 20? Gratz!

I just noticed VL's name is Valdis o.o
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 690
2/13/2013 2:07:17   
linklink0091

@riniti, what scares me the most is oversoul might turn in to another herosmash, full of children who can not stray from the use of incorrect math buffers to copying each other's builds and all that argance that floats around...its like a playin xbox CoD with all those ppl just cussing swearing, being so vaulger ;~;

i plead if they carry through with the CC that they take at least an extra week or two to test the cards and many differnt decks out so it is balanced to an extent of someone not overpowering the other by a football field length
AQW  Post #: 691
2/13/2013 2:42:17   
Victoria3114

@link
I was thinking of limits on the card customization:
1) Normal attack cards and shields can be moved around, but with a limit. Say, 1 card difference for every 5 levels, gives extra incentive to level. So you can modify the deck by adding/removing 4 cards at level 20. Replacing a card still requires two of the slots.
2) Special Cards such as Corruption, Greater Heal, Retribution, and Power Flow cannot be added or removed. These are permanent.
3) Spell cards can only be added/removed once per character.

Etc, etc.

Oblitus Animus - Forgotten Souls Oversoul Fanfiction!
Riniti's avatar!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 692
2/13/2013 3:37:26   
linklink0091

@ victoria i personly like smaller decks due to the high chance of getting things you desire, if anything if that was the case i would be removeing cards and wouldnt bother adding cards, becuase a lot of characters are hindered by the fact they have so many of cards in a deck..last i counted alpha pirate has 17 cards, and by spell cards i presume things such as posion, counter strike, iron hide correct?

the more i look at your thoughts on the limits (if any will happen)...ya it seems the "popular " characters now will still be more often used as those limits look to be very narrow on the deck as a whole, though the details of it harder

i would aprove of this as i dont see a way a player could abuse it (yet)

AQW  Post #: 693
2/13/2013 4:54:36   
Lemonus

EDIT: nvm

On the other hand, maybe we can get rid of minor spells like Heal or Might(though very unlikely). And maybe add a restriction for some elements like not letting Ice or Earth chars replace all of their attack cards with def cards(that would be VERY insane)

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 2/13/2013 5:00:14 >
DF AQW  Post #: 694
2/13/2013 5:14:17   
zion

Just used the level 1 undead axeman to beat FOVB... seriously only took about 5 tries. If he goes 1/2 attack 1/2 defense 1st round, you can sacrifice and empower to win in 3 turns. He can of course 1 turn KO you about 80% of the time (or more).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 695
2/13/2013 5:26:15   
Lemonus

I'm intrigued by crazy Nulgath :P
DF AQW  Post #: 696
2/13/2013 5:45:30   
aKid

What do you think guys about Character Stats ?
AQW  Post #: 697
2/13/2013 7:09:40   
Lemonus

..siiiileent night...
DF AQW  Post #: 698
2/13/2013 9:50:50   
fighuasss

I'm back anything new?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 699
2/13/2013 9:52:19   
Vagaran

Wow, just got bored of trying to get FC to level 20 e_e Will get him there when selling is possible...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXIV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition