Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

whats the problem?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> whats the problem?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2013 22:33:30   
classifiedname

Fame, i see people say that its dumb or stupid. they will never fame me because its a stupid system... i mean, i think its actually a good idea in theory. What is your stand point on Fame? do you love it or hate it, or do you just not care? ~discuss
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/11/2013 22:39:43   
Teufel Hunden

i think it is a good idea, but i also believe it should be earned and not begged for by "f4fers" if you know what i mean...
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/11/2013 23:11:36   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

I know it should be earned, and not begged for by 'f4f' But, other than people on the all-time leaderboards, hardly anyone is going to waiste their time faming someone out of courtesy or becuase your awesome.
Post #: 3
2/11/2013 23:29:46   
SouL Prisoner

@ Bomb

It's not possible for every one to sit and earn fame ...asking is faster ..

Could You explain this method of earning I keep hearing now and then ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/11/2013 23:34:48   
Xendran

I got my fame without having to ask for it
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
2/11/2013 23:40:55   
Teufel Hunden

@soul

what i mean is fame doesnt do much except get you achievements. Honestly, i earned my fame without asking and won rising star on accident. i wasnt trying to win it, but so many people asked that i ended up being first and my friends surprised me by asking for me without me asking them to. It honestly isnt worth sitting and asking, it is better to have people give you it without asking, makes you feel much better when you receive it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/11/2013 23:45:46   
SouL Prisoner

^ you should know that fact that everyone does not have such friends ... And not everyone is a "celebrity" to get fame without asking for it ..

Your right in your place, and so m I :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/11/2013 23:48:13   
Teufel Hunden

bro u have 6k fame, y ask for f4f? ull enjoy it more when u dont ask and people recognize you as good, bc you are. :) famed for being good player, and not for asking "f4f", 6322 oh and btw no need to fame back it was just for being a cool guy ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/11/2013 23:53:04   
Mother1

Fame as I see it has it' positives and negatives.

The positives are that it helped create social networks for Epic duel as well as bring in new people into the game as it was originally intended to do. It also gave people who wanted rating points a new way to get them.

However with the good comes the bad.

Thanks to the fame LB and the cheevos that come with fame we have people spamming F4F all over the place. While some don't mind other as The OP said find fame worthless and annoying. Plus it has turned spots that used to be popular for hanging out and conversation spots into fame spots in their eyes.

Then there is the issue of it in battle. In 2 vs 2 there are some players who will beg for fame in battle and whether they get it or not they will run in battle leaving that person to battle two players. Then there are others who will beg you to fame them even when the person tells them that they are lagging or have some issue since some of them are so deserve for it.

But overall my opinion on fame is this. It was a good idea but was executed poorly.
Epic  Post #: 9
2/11/2013 23:57:14   
Teufel Hunden

Ah mother, very well put. :). I havent seen you in-game in a while :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/12/2013 0:05:36   
SouL Prisoner

@ Bomb

Well, it's been 2 yrs since fame is out, and m still 6k, if I begged, I would probably be 15-20k who knows ... But I need the cheevo to get my 2nd blue star ..

Anyways ... Thnx for everything :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/12/2013 0:07:45   
Mother1

@ soul

Have you ever heard of fame groups? Many players I know are in them and they can get fame easy by doing these groups. In fact I will link you to one that I know of.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/108945655921289/

Good luck on and like dabomb I famed you as well because I wanted too good luck.
Epic  Post #: 12
2/12/2013 0:19:08   
Teufel Hunden

well thank you very much :). means a lot. ^^ and as for you soul. goodluck on blue
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/12/2013 0:55:45   
uria9

Those who begged gets nothing, those who earned gets everything
Post #: 14
2/12/2013 1:24:55   
St. Raven

Well put
Post #: 15
2/12/2013 2:46:17   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

I got my fame without having to ask for it

Quit bragging, Xen.

If a player asks for it, it really depends what mood I'm in. Usually I say yes, otherwise stone cold silence.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/12/2013 8:08:41   
classifiedname

so guys let me ask another question then ,adding on to the rest. If you could alter the system to where you think fame should be implemented. what would you change?~ discuss
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/12/2013 8:26:12   
vulkan

just...what is the point of fame? what does it do except make every animal, vegetable or mineral you see yell Fame for fame!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/12/2013 8:31:01   
the final hour
Banned

theirs actually more of a point to fame now then ever before . since all weapons are the same all armours . varium and none varium is the same . all that matters in this game now is status and repetitivity ,(spell check on da last word)
Post #: 19
2/12/2013 8:56:26   
Calogero

got my fame without asking... My sig pretty much sums up my reply when they ask me.
They get annoyed but then again now they know how I feel.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/12/2013 10:50:13   
Cookielord12

Ha, that must have been me saying, its stupid. Well, it is stupid, considering that there were other features that should have come first such as balance improvements, instead of this pointless feature.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/12/2013 10:55:44   
ambien

the only way l will fame anyone if they fame me 1st then l will check if they did then l will fame back. l know my fame pts every battle l start.

their are some people who say fame me and you fame them and never fame u back. that is why l dont fame no more. it could change if they fame me 1st because like l say before l check my fame pts before every battle and when they do same l famed you l check before l fame back.

always the syfy
Post #: 22
2/12/2013 23:48:53   
nico0las

Fame brings more fame to those who are already famous and throws the rest in the mud.
It is also the cause of a very annoying group of younger players to parade the game yelling "F4F PLS".

In theory, it is good. It was not executed as well as it could have been, but it was very poorly taken by the community.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> whats the problem?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition