Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

you cannot make every one happy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> you cannot make every one happy
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/15/2013 10:32:07   
ambien

l have been playing ed since beta came out, and there has been a lot of changes in the game as long as l have been playing .

people have been upset with the staff for many reasons .there not enough room to list them all. on the post here.

when str. was a problem for certain classes people got upset so the staff changed some of the stats for str. use. Then the healing loop problem so they made a 4 round cool down for healing.

the bots where a problem so they gave bots a cool down rate. the mages where to strong with 2 skills so they took care of that.

then the non variums where really mad because the items they could buy with credits where not good enough for them, so the staff made them a little better , still they got upset

then the ed staff came up with enchantments add on for weapons and armor. which was not a bad thing to do, but it was a little costly to add enchantments. so ed did something about that.

then the nons said makes us are own rooms to game nons vs non only well not a good idea so the staff didnt do anything about that left the battles alone. still people where not happy with the game. then the staff made battle drops to help people where mad because the drops did not happen every battle.

so the staff said lets try quest maybe it will help well it did but when the quest where done people got mad again. now the staff was at a cross road and they said lets us change ed in a big way

so they said a new change is coming to ed called omega where every one can own weapons that variums players could only have and armor to. so the release date was held back for about 4 weeks and wow where people mad at ed for keeping the release date back from happening on time.

so the day came when ed was released wow the 4 gaming rooms where full people are ready for this where mad at the release because it was not good enough for them why?

l do not really know it seems like the non variums players where made and the varium players where mad because now all things where == as far as weapons and armor., but ed did give back a % of varium spent to varium players and all got a % of credits back they spent on cost of enchantments for items they enchanted .

there are bugs , problems, still in the game so what give it time to work out, and now a new 10k pack is coming for vals day no big deal to me.

if l want to buy it l will, if not l will not, do not be putting ed down on this , if you do not want to buy it, don't buy it , kinda easy is it not.

in closing words simple if you do not like the way ed is right now do not play it, not that hard, do not get upset about it, they will fix it. Rome was not built in a day and ed was not built in a day.

these are my feelings about epic duel l like the game a lot

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 2/15/2013 11:29:20 >
Post #: 1
2/15/2013 11:13:52   
Remorse

It's important to note out that amongst all the players complaints and "crying" as it seems to be called.

Is MANY people complimenting and thanking the devs for certain releases.

Offering constructive feedback,Or "crying" as some people put it is also helping the game progress in it's own way.

After all the devs have to guess what the players want, Where as we know what we want.

A lot of people these days make it seem that not agreeing with the devs as a bad negative thing,

I think, as long as its kept constructive that it's better then say quieting or doing nothing as it allows opinions from the players themselves.

To me asking someone who doesn't like recent changes to quit is worse then letting people express their opinion.

Yes some people complain or offer a conflicting opinion too much about things, but It can be a good thing, and players making this seem negative all the time tend to become the very thing they are fighting against.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/15/2013 11:14:39 >
Epic  Post #: 2
2/15/2013 11:50:13   
ambien

what l am saying about ed the game has problems every game does. some times people complain about things that cannot be fixed over night. people who get upset or cry if l can use those words without people getting made at the words l use.

the forums where made for feed back about the game and what is wrong and how to improve the game play, not to wine over ps&qs about every little thing about the game.

if you want to play epic duel their are some things that will always be, like varium to buy packs, which l have no problem with.

if you cannot buy packs epic gives you a chance to earn varium for free, yea not all offers work but it is there.

l hope they do not drop the price of credits to buy the items down to hardly nothing but keep it the same. yes l was happy when they dropped retraining and moving your stats around on armor and items but if they would of not we could of lived with it.

and if they raise credits for battles it is up to them.

epic duel is a great online game that you do not have to download on your cpu. the things epic has planned for this game will blow you away it takes time give ed 1 month and you see what l am talking about

always the syfy
Post #: 3
2/16/2013 11:42:29   
_i_am_a_helper_

I myself am a "complainers". Prepare to get a LOT of hate on this thread (no offense). But hear me out
quote:

when str. was a problem for certain classes people got upset so the staff changed some of the stats for str. use. Then the healing loop problem so they made a 4 round cool down for healing.

Strength was a problem? Someone refresh this for me
quote:

the bots where a problem so they gave bots a cool down rate. the mages where to strong with 2 skills so they took care of that.

Bots always and already had a cooldown rate the day they came out
quote:

then the non variums where really mad because the items they could buy with credits where not good enough for them, so the staff made them a little better , still they got upset

The items weren't bad, they just didn't know how to use it. The Frostbane was one of the first ever swords in beta, and it had 24 stat points. Some other non varium swords had around 16, which at the time was a huge amount. At this time there were no enhancments, so they stood at least a chance.
quote:

then the ed staff came up with enchantments add on for weapons and armor. which was not a bad thing to do, but it was a little costly to add enchantments. so ed did something about that.

They never did a THING about enhancments cost. The game practically erased everything from beta and alpha. They offered promotional packs, annoyingly OPed weapons, and whats more important, they didn't even play the game themselves to find out. Busy coding? Doesn't matter, you gotta know how the game wants it before you code something. You gotta learn how to walk before you run boy.
quote:

then the nons said makes us are own rooms to game nons vs non only well not a good idea so the staff didnt do anything about that left the battles alone. still people where not happy with the game. then the staff made battle drops to help people where mad because the drops did not happen every battle.

Nothing to say here, every non-varium I knew only NPC'd
quote:

so the staff said lets try quest maybe it will help well it did but when the quest where done people got mad again. now the staff was at a cross road and they said lets us change ed in a big way

No, just no. No one was mad, everyone just wanted either MORE quests or wanted to be able to do them again. Almost nobody complained about this to the devs, possibly at Word 7 Oz, but not to the devs. Was it a mid-release or a Friday release? Whatever, I remember them ONLY releasing the quest, no bug fixes or anything.
quote:

so they said a new change is coming to ed called omega where every one can own weapons that variums players could only have and armor to. so the release date was held back for about 4 weeks and wow where people mad at ed for keeping the release date back from happening on time.

They've been holding releases back for years now, Gamma was 6 weeks, Delta was 4, Omega being the biggest yet at 1 month 3 weeks and 4 days. They always moved them back, and when they promised grenades in a release one time, Titan went and got married, which is explainable, but then the next week all they released was some crappy bot as a "compromise"
quote:

l do not really know it seems like the non variums players where made and the varium players where mad because now all things where == as far as weapons and armor., but ed did give back a % of varium spent to varium players and all got a % of credits back they spent on cost of enchantments for items they enchanted .

We got a measly 30% for varium. Why not 50? This proves how screwed up the ED system is. If they're going to take the time to go through EVERY character in the game, they might as well improve the varium amount. And credits were at a cap of 100k, which is practically nothing considering the amounts people used for their weapons.
quote:

there are bugs , problems, still in the game so what give it time to work out, and now a new 10k pack is coming for vals day no big deal to me.

What did you say? Theres bugs and they came out with a new 10k pack? They have the time to make a new 10k pack, yet they don't have the time to fix bugs? I would rather have a HUGE balance update and bug fixes than a new 10k pack thats gonna come around next year. These items are the little thanks the devs give you for supporting the game. Now if its available to everyone that come around next year? Its not a thanks, its just useless.
quote:

in closing words simple if you do not like the way ed is right now do not play it, not that hard, do not get upset about it, they will fix it. Rome was not built in a day and ed was not built in a day.

Well ED's already screwed up. If the government of Rome decided to change the constitution, it would change in 2 days max. If the devs decide to change this balance for classes, then it might not take 2 days max, but if they decided to hire more people, then what are they waiting for? I know the mod applications are open, but why don't they just do it more often? ._.
quote:

you cannot make every one happy

You can't make everyone happy, but if the majority is complaining, your gonna lose money and players.

In closing words, my complaints could be used as constructive critisicim to help you improve your statement, but can also be as insulting as you think it is. You decide
Post #: 4
2/16/2013 11:44:28   
hijinks

Hey...I'm a nonvarium who pvped quite a bit..... Anyway, yeah, the staff can't make everyone happy.

< Message edited by hijinks -- 2/16/2013 11:45:34 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/16/2013 14:13:22   
nico0las

Coming from you, this is kind of funny, seeing as you've been complaining about balance incessantly for a while now.

In any case, you are correct to a certain degree. The vast majority of the players are complaining for a multitude of reasons. There are some very notable problems with this game.
IT IS STILL A GOOD GAME. ED is a fun game, and despite problems that you did list, we still enjoy it; it's part of the fun ;)
I do object though that you classify everyone under the "crying" category, whilst many people of these forums contribute nothing but compliments and constructive criticism to the game.
As I've said before, it is the players not the game that need to change. It takes the players, not the game, to make it fun.

@Below I am.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 2/16/2013 14:42:54 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/16/2013 14:30:36   
the final hour
Banned

i think the more interesting question after a month of omega is...

will anyone be happy ?
Post #: 7
2/16/2013 14:42:59   
Dimentic

You can compare the amount of complain posts/threads in Delta and now.

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 8
2/16/2013 15:11:39   
Blastoise

We all know and understand that everyone cannot be happy at the same time. I for myself am pretty much happy about the releases and it keeps up the pace in the game too. But I also agree to the thought that somehow the balance issues keeps overshadowing all new aspects of the game since the gameplay is the main core of ED. I am sure we all do get tired of all the whining all the time but somewhere we all know we all do it 'coz we love ED and you can't deny it. It's just a feedback that could have been expressed in a way better manner, but still is valuable. Just like we all agree that the ED Team works to provide us the best possible features, so also the players do their part with feedback (positive & negative) in order to bring all our attention to areas where improvements can be made. With a little patience & understanding, am sure ED will be a lot more fun in times ahead.
Epic  Post #: 9
2/16/2013 16:46:08   
TurkishIncubus

You can make everybody happy. I will not talk about any balance issues because its too long. I will talk about the balance between Promo Pack-Varium-Credit that will make everybody happy including developers in money vise.

The whole point of omega is to make Credit players equal to Varium players but it looks like the gap is even more high and its more Pay to Win right now.(The purpose was to make Varium that something gives only time advantage)
When they said all items will have equal stats at same lvl. Everyone thought that will close the gap between Varium and Credit players but it did not because they also remove that advantage with the unique skill cores that only be avaible with Promo Pack.
It looks like the only good side of the omega is just the removal of enhancements.

Now to make everybody actually equal and happy.
We all know that Promo Pack is something that the main money source of ED, and even with the changes i will suggest it will still remain the most beneficial way to get the new promo items.
Whenever developers make a new weapon:
1st week the weapons should be only avaible with Promo Pack, so the first week of the event players can only buy the items with the Promo Pack that offers(10k varium + The new weps)
2nd week the weapons will still remain with the promo pack, But there will be also in game sell only with Varium, each item can be 1500 varium depending on the quantity.So if that event have 4 weapons 1500 varium for each is reasonable but if there is 2 items that means the price can go up to 2000. ( so Promo pack will have time advantage + 4 weapons for free that equals to 6k varium) And the players that already had varium can also buy the items.
3rd week the weapons will be avaible with Promo Pack, Varium and now with credit!!!. So non Variums can also get the items but the credit price for these items will be very high like 150-200k so the really hard playing F2P players can have atleast 1-2 of those items.

In the current system, 50$ Payers have all the advantage in battles. Varium doesnt give anything at all. F2P players not even close to paying players.

The system i suggested makes Promo Pack the most beneficial choice that most players wanna choose, It also gives time advantage to Varium players and Varium is actually usefull. It also give F2P players a chance to get some of the items even if that means they need to work hard for that. This is an optimized system to make everybody happy. Is it too hard to make this real? I dont think so. And if developers think most players get items with only credits they can increase the number to 200-300k credit per weapon.

I dont like the current state of the game and like you said i will not gonna play untill this is fixed. This mean ED lost a paying player since Beta.

Have a nice day.

Epic  Post #: 10
2/16/2013 21:15:45   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

This mean ED lost a paying player since Beta.

Same here ...

Waiting from weeks for jugg balance, but nothing is happening ..

No boosters, no level range adjustments .. nothing :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/16/2013 21:23:15   
EpicCoconut

@Soul Prisoner: Check the Feb. 8 DNs
quote:

•Juggernauts now match with players 6-10 levels lower (Changed from 3-8 levels lower)

So they did that. And the generator core could help in jugging though I've never tried it yet.
Post #: 12
2/17/2013 0:53:00   
SouL Prisoner

^ -.- haven't tried and judging my post ??

U think I don't about the lvl range ??

1 lvl makes no difference in front of many stats that were removed, and not to forget the boosters ...

Armor core can best give u one heal, not twice like boosters and even one more makes a grand difference :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/17/2013 1:41:55   
Drianx

quote:

if l want to buy it l will, if not l will not, do not be putting ed down on this , if you do not want to buy it, don't buy it , kinda easy is it not.

No, you can't just let it go when the promos are OPed like hell.

quote:

Just tell me what was the latest effective balance change. Hard to tell, huh?

Although I'm not angry enough to quit, I agree with Turkish.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 2/17/2013 1:42:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/17/2013 1:49:49   
f4tal1tY

@drianx Completely agree. I'd like to think that I can just let it go, but as a full tech build with 5-6 primary/secondary damage, this just completely wrecks my build. OPed as hell, I'm about to
Surgical Strike and all they do is force me to strike, ANNNDDD rage meteor strike. ggwp. And as for the balance, all they did was lower the % of berzerker, double strike and bludgeon and it hardly did much. Still getting killed by rage Berzerks and bludgeons, dealing stuff like 15 15 45 or something similar, and 55 from one level 5 bludgeon. The skills are nerfed enough devs, try nerf strength as a stat in whole.

Ohh and I'm not angry enough to quit either, I am having much fun trolling people with heal loops :3

@Turkish D: Don't quit! I'm ALMOST sure that the devs are finding some kind of way to suppress the strength builds ._.

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> you cannot make every one happy
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition