Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2013 12:53:36   
Ranloth
Banned

Well, I was just saying.. <.< I have maybe 1/2 of the points which guy in the #100 place has so I'm not that bothered, and College resumes for me on Monday. So I'm not that bothered about competing in the Tournament. But if you try harder + abuse, you will catch up. Or don't abuse and try harder, that'll still get you somewhere but maybe not the top. Or enjoy them fighting over a Gold Yeti that'll probably be just Gold with no special effects compared to other Yetis.
AQ Epic  Post #: 126
2/23/2013 12:55:42   
The Astral Fury

@Trans I'm am working as hard as I can "Working harder" Do you mean play longer because I have a job, school, homework, friends, other stuff there's no time to play this long. I thought this was a kids game how is a kid suppose to play hours on end to compete what parents gonna let them play that long and believe me you need to play hours to just compete everyday there's no break. Maybe you have the time to play as much as you want, but I'm gonna go with my friends to the movies today does that mean I'm not working hard if a decide to sleep or hang out with friends am I thought trying my best or working hard does this tournament discourage any rest or down time? Am I not working hard because I'm not playing 15 hours a day?

Casual players I'm sure as working just as hard as the hardcore players they just don't have the time.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 12:58:21 >
DF AQW  Post #: 127
2/23/2013 12:57:07   
ReinVI

even if it is just gold I would still want one since I like to collect things.. the only chance I have is if they do increase the range for the top 100 .. ( heck make 101-200 = no chievo just yeti.. ) I couldn't care less about a stupid chievo.. I just want a yeti :[
Epic  Post #: 128
2/23/2013 12:57:25   
Dimentic

@Trans Or it may be some OP ish like the other promos. In any case I doubt I'll win one.

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 129
2/23/2013 12:58:46   
Baron Dante

Astral: But see. I slept for 11 hours and I was barely outside the Top 100.

But when you say that casual players should have a chance... at that point the limit of winners needs to be increased to the point that no matter how casual you are, you have a chance, thus everyone that is taking part will win. Or, in fact, even everyone that doesn't participate, since isn't not paying just a more casual form of playing. :/

You need to understand that a competition like this just isn't meant for the most casual players. The only way it would work while allowing more casual players is having an entriely different kind of tournament, not something that relies on having a huge amount of wins. But then we can make an argument that more casual players can't get the most fitting equipment for then, nor are they skilled enough to make builds that work, thus again putting them in a disadvantage.

And yes, if you can't work harder due to life, you either stop playing, or you start leaving stuff like friends out.

< Message edited by Baron Dante -- 2/23/2013 13:00:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
2/23/2013 12:59:36   
Calogero

Dimentic

I remember them saying the Golden Yeti will be the same as the others just ' Golden ' for bragging rights...
Imo it's even a downgrade seeing the Omega weapons won't boost it because I'm sure it doesn't belong
to either Normal or Dark Yeti...

Still though, the fact that they released Balance and Tournament at the same time, and boy am I
disappointed in the balance update... Already missing the STR mercs

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
2/23/2013 13:00:28   
Ranloth
Banned

That's why our tickets could turn into a cheevo if we don't make it to Top 100. Like Calogero has suggested before. So Top 100 would get the Yeti + cheevo appropriate to their rank + 'Thank You' cheevo from the Ticket and rest would get the 'Thank You' cheevo. At least casuals would get something outta it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 132
2/23/2013 13:03:29   
The Astral Fury

I completly agree with actual dispite my argument however they should have a little bit of a chance I mean yes some tounaments in the future wouldn't be best for the casual players however cause this is the first tournaments ED's had and plus 50$ was required to participate too it should be a tournament to all types of players adn they should all stand a fighting chance.

Trans@ I like the idea of our ticket being turned into a chevo if we don't make it.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 13:04:22 >
DF AQW  Post #: 133
2/23/2013 13:05:28   
Baron Dante

Everyone has an equal chance here. If someone decides to not use the chance, is it an issue with the tournament?

spoiler:

Hint: No
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
2/23/2013 13:06:29   
Calogero

Well I'm not even bothering in the tournament, it's more for people that have no lives...
I woke up 7 hours after the release and then another 5 hours before I got home...
you know, people do have jobs...
12 hours disadvantage... Not even worth competing

< Message edited by Calogero -- 2/23/2013 13:07:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
2/23/2013 13:07:43   
The Astral Fury

But some people don't have an equal chance though some people just don't have the time with their job,school, friends...etc. compared to the other players who can play hours on end. So they isn't an equal chance are players who don't have time to play for hours compared to the people that do fair?

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 13:09:46 >
DF AQW  Post #: 136
2/23/2013 13:08:31   
King Helios

I'm trying on a few, off a few. It works decently.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
2/23/2013 13:11:51   
The Astral Fury

When someone goes to their job school or to hang out with friends does that mean there not using that chance if you don't play for hours does that mean your not working hard enough or using your chance everyone trying their hardest and working their hardest and using all the time they can, but they don't have a equal chance to the players who can play longer than them and get more points.

But some people don't have an equal chance though some people just don't have the time with their job,school, friends...etc. compared to the other players who can play hours on end. So they isn't an equal chance are players who don't have time to play for hours compared to the people that do fair?

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 13:13:37 >
DF AQW  Post #: 138
2/23/2013 13:13:37   
Baron Dante

Astral: Again, that's an issue with your life. If you prioritize work, school, friends and such above the tournament, it's you, not the tournament.
Something like friends isn't mandatory at all y'know. Or, you can just multitask.

It's quite literally the same as you saying some people get more wins due to them having better gear than you. It's not the fault of the game, it's you for having sub-par equipment.

See, life isn't quite fair with stuff like that. Not everything in all games is supposed to be for casual players, less so when we are talking about games that are competitive in nature.

It's not like we even know the true effort needed. The tourney just strted, there's bound to be people that give up when they realize they just don't have what it takes for the tournament.

< Message edited by Baron Dante -- 2/23/2013 13:16:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
2/23/2013 13:13:52   
Promaster

Slow and Steady wins the race.
AQW Epic  Post #: 140
2/23/2013 13:15:28   
Vagaran

quote:

to hang out with friends

Hanging out with a friend is optional, you are wasting your "chance" when you decide to hang out with Friends instead. But really, I doubt the Golden Yeti will be any different from the current Yeti's....right?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 141
2/23/2013 13:18:28   
The Astral Fury

It's an issue with my life when I decide to take a break or rest or do my homework or projects is that my fault for having a life or doing something other than ED for hours on end?

Should I have no chance in this tournament cause I don't play forever, my fault or my own issue when I have other things to do other than ED, many people are like me they play ED as much as they can, but they have a life and can't simply do that for that long is it their fault they have other things in their lifeo ther than ED?

Varagan@ Err so the Dev's want us to not have a social life during this tournament I'm wasting my chance when I hang out with friends for an hour are we not allowed to have a life during this tournament?
It's my fault I have friends and have other stuff other than ED. And not even just friends, school my job taking care of my grandmother are does things a choice and I'm sure plenty of other players have other things too.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 13:22:22 >
DF AQW  Post #: 142
2/23/2013 13:22:04   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Nope, not even gonna bother
The new weapons weren't changed at all
My last fight:
They go first because they abuse support and strength
Malf me
I use e shield
They aux me, removing it
I heal
They gun me, forcing me to strike
I strike
They strike me and win

I had 0 chance
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
2/23/2013 13:22:14   
Baron Dante

Yes. You simply aren't making enough effort. And considering I'm doing entirely fine with my rather limited time, I honestly don't see why couldn't anyone else.

Especially considering my build is hardly fast at all. .-. And yes, I could change builds to make it faster, but my commitmant level doesn't go that high.
quote:

Varagan@ Err so the Dev's want us to not have a social life during this tournament I'm wasting my chance when I hang out with friends for an hour are we not allowed to have a life during this tournament?
It's my fault I have friends and have other stuff other than ED.

No, that's not correct. The Dev's don't force or even expect you to take part. You make the decision, and how much you devote yourself.

Ender: An issue with you build then.

< Message edited by Baron Dante -- 2/23/2013 13:24:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
2/23/2013 13:29:10   
The Astral Fury

Don't the dev's want everyone to have an equal chnace casual or hardcore no life or a life hours on end or a few hours. They don't force us but players want to compete they want to have a chance and there choosing to partcipate their choosing to try their hardest, but they can't keep up not matter how hard they try.

Why is it this tournment requires you to play hours on end it's not fair to players who have other stuff to do and I don't think it's fair to say "we'll it's your fault becuase you have other things to do" that dosent mean you should stand no chance.

Maybe it's an issue with his build or maybe those builds are OP and he's finding difficulty beating them with any type of build.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 13:33:54 >
DF AQW  Post #: 145
2/23/2013 13:35:39   
Baron Dante

Astral: You know, I'm sort of questioning the line between "hardcore" and "casual". It's entirely subjective. I don't consider myself a hardcore player in any level, on any game. Yet, there's a fair share of people that very much do consider me as a hardcore player.

The thing is, this isn't a tourney where being casual or hardcore matters. Getting wins does. Sure, it will take time. But if it was a tourney of some kind, there would be different definitions of casual and hardcore. The issue won't move anywhere.

The bottom line is, people shouldn't complain about them not faring well with a given set of rules. If you can't fare, then you just didn't have what it takes for that particular competition.

Nope. Even if they are OP, there are ways to beat them.

< Message edited by Baron Dante -- 2/23/2013 13:36:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 146
2/23/2013 13:39:59   
The Astral Fury

You do have a point I guess.

So anyone up for a particpation achievement?
DF AQW  Post #: 147
2/23/2013 13:42:31   
Baron Dante

Participation Cheevo sounds good. Though, I think there should be some limit on how much did you need to participate. (Like 1000 points or something.) Should be too hard, just enough that you actually do need to make a bit of an effort so it's not just a freebie cheevo.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
2/23/2013 13:45:03   
Calogero

Actualy instead of this ' Participation cheevo '
They have done this before, just make the Golden Yeti Ticket into a cheevo...
Around 500 Rating points for everyone that has ' 1 ' of them
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
2/23/2013 13:47:22   
The Astral Fury

Agreed how about this:

- 500 points in tournament
-1000 points in tournament
-2500 points in tournament
-5000 points in tournament
- 10,000 points in tournament

And how much do you think each achievement should be worth half of the points you got or equal?

Also weren't we suppsoe to get an omega founder achievement with the preorder? (different from Omega Overload)

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 13:48:25 >
DF AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition