Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A way to stop the spread of op builds in the future

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A way to stop the spread of op builds in the future
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/24/2013 18:57:01   
Cyber Dream

As we all know, op builds is like a chain reaction. Once someone fights someone else with a build that just destroyed them, they are most likely going to copy it and it just keeps repeating. I tried coming up with the best way to explain this. Since this game is based on skill now you should be able to hide/show you build, but not in a way that your foe dosen't know what he/she is up against. (I really wish a had a illustration for this) Ok, so what i've come up with is an idea that lets you hide your build but shows it at the same time. Let me explain. For example, here is your stats

Health 72/72
Enegry 60
Strength 44
Dexterity 88
Technology 45
Support 19

And here is your skill tree

1-max-1
max-4-0
max-0-1
0-0-0

Ok,now as you can see dex is really abused. But instead of showing how much dex you have, it could say something like "Overloaded Dexterity" If your are confused maybe this will help you

Health 72/77
Enegry 60
Strength 44
Dexterity Overloaded
Technolgy 45
Support 19

Ok, you see what im saying now? What if there was a certain range that determined what each of your stat will be catorgorized as? What if you has a coice of displaying your stats this way or the regular way?

Lets say u had two stats at 88 them both would say overloaded

Considering this, there should be another section near your skill tree displaying the pros and cons about your build

Btw the skill tree isnt bothered none, its still displayed the way it is, I hope i explained this enough. If your are confused about something or see anything bad about this just comment your though.

AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/25/2013 0:07:44   
TRizZzCENTRINO

so? people still will know exactly how much dex you have simply by looking at your other stats, the can just copy the amount of strength, health, energy, technology and support then put the rest of the points into dex.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/25/2013 0:10:24   
King Oranges

Sorry but i think this is just too tacky but good suggeston though/.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/25/2013 19:02:13   
Cyber Dream

@trizz the other stats wont be displayed, it will be catorgorized just like the dex is but in a different catagory
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/26/2013 0:06:59   
TRizZzCENTRINO

perhaps you should show that in your main suggestion post to avoid confusion, but they can still see your health, EP, defense, resistance, AUX damage, weapon damage, bot damage and skill tree, if you hide the stats, people can still copy everything, their is no way to resolve this issue without hiding every detail of that persons' build.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/26/2013 5:27:33   
Cyber Dream

thats the point every single stat will be in a catagory, just havent come up with a range yet
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/26/2013 5:30:57   
TRizZzCENTRINO

try to not make it too confusing.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A way to stop the spread of op builds in the future
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition