Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= February 28, 2013 - The Tournament Continues

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= February 28, 2013 - The Tournament Continues
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/28/2013 17:59:11   
ReinVI

look like I'm staying merc till update... ( not gonna waste varium for a change in class just so i can do it again after update ._. )
Epic  Post #: 26
2/28/2013 19:04:19   
King FrostLich

The Dead Battery thing sounds overpowered in 2v2 and sounds very useful in juggernaut. Problem is, where will these cores be assigned to? Don't tell me it's the armors again.
Epic  Post #: 27
2/28/2013 19:30:54   
ReconnaisX

Nanosteel Armor- Rise of tanks, I suppose?
Dead Battery- I will get this on my Beast Rider armor. Seems very interesting and potentially useful.
Plasma Meteor- Whatever.

Support's being nerfed? I shall use my current (support) build after Friday and see how badly my win rate is affected.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/28/2013 19:44:23   
edwardvulture

I think balance was better in delta then it is now. The first problem was everyone having too low life, they solved it by nerfing strength, and reducing technology progression for some reason. And now supports overpowerd. It feels like they keep nerfing, and the next trend build will be tank. They should take my suggestion of having health and energy scales by two's again with longer battles giving more rewards.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
2/28/2013 19:47:49   
Axel459
The Void Calls

That new character looks really awesome I wonder what he's going to be used for .-.
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
2/28/2013 21:22:39   
Hun Kingq

The unfair Tournament Continues, due to lack of balance still in existence, and one multi having more power than other multis and that because of support improving weapons they can take over half your health even if it is over 100 and does not matter if you have high defense, resistance or both the high your defenses are the more they go critical.

Artillery strike constantly going critical while Plasma Rain with goo support barely goes critical.

Then on top of that some partners in 2vs2 either leaves you because they are not in the competition or when a person is stun with low health insted of doing double strike they decide to boost your strength allowing their partner to heal them than you loose the match due to you have to have a lot of points in dex to get any kind of damage making you have low resistance and low damage weapons after all you energy is gone.

Then we have multiple EMP strikes with no additional way to regain energy after using the Generator core.

The Blood mage has no energy regain because their skills is suppose to be powerful at moderate stats so they could have protection as well due to not having hybrid armor.

Then we have Tact mercs and Cyber Hunters with +10 at resistance/defense helping them have power and protection while the non hybrid classes especially the Blood Mage can have +5 +5, or +10 at defense and resistance.

Due to lack of balance this has been a truly unfair tournament.
Epic  Post #: 31
2/28/2013 21:35:02   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Funny how sometimes I think hun is insane, then other times 100% correct
In this case, he is 100% correct, in the way that the tourny was unfair
It's annoying as hell with all the spam builds
I thought that Omega would be about strategy; most clever build actually wins, but alas, nope, most spammy build wins
Should have balanced the game before doing the tourny
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/28/2013 21:35:37   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Artillery strike constantly going critical while Plasma Rain with goo support barely goes critical.

Quoting from ED Wiki:
quote:

Support: Increases base damage range of Auxiliaries, increases chance to go first, critical strike and rage rate; reduces chance to be stunned and enhances certain skills.

So yeah, no problem here. Your Dex increases the unfairness called blocking and the anomaly under the name of Defence. UNFAIRNESS! Aux + random chances for Crits >>>>>>> fixed Defence, blocking (0% damage if blocked, obviously), higher chance to hit.

Before you raise a point, it's good to check why Merc's Multi crits more. The answer is Support and there's no issue here (and neither is this a bug which you never report in Bugs section and claim it to be such).
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
2/28/2013 21:44:09   
xxmirxx

well this is getting really annoying keep nerfing every time this way worst then gamma heck i rather if go back to delta phase at least then we knew it what were getting are self into.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
2/28/2013 22:24:26   
  Exploding Penguin

I'm extremely disappointed with the ED society...

Support got nerfed, and it was never even overpowered in the slightest. The main reason I'm suspecting is the fact that so many people ranted with the unreasonable idea that support was overpowered, and the staff could do nothing but cave in, or have a bunch of people rage quit ED just because they won't change their build to win against support mercs. I'm glad that the new core also nerfs the blasted overpowered 4% crit cores, which double base critical hit chance, but I feel it would have just been better to reduce them to 2% or something instead of creating an entirely new core which unbalances the game even more.
Epic  Post #: 35
2/28/2013 22:38:44   
Remorse

Glad for more cores and balance changes,

Extremely annoyed that they did not even mention a nerfing of the azreal promo gear....

Honestly HOW ON EARTH IS THAT GEAR BALANCED!!

Nerf it ASAP please....

Epic  Post #: 36
2/28/2013 22:45:01   
legion of souls

Support was not OP at all. I agree with penguin. But hey, i DO know a ton of people who were rage quitting cuz of support builds. I will enjoy the tank era but i suspect we will be seeing a lot more TLM's....

AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/28/2013 22:46:17   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Bottom line

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/28/2013 22:47:36   
legion of souls

quote:

I was fine with support, not a problem with it
The problem was THE NEW PROMO
They're nerfing stuff THAT DOESN'T NEED NERFING

@Blaze The Aion Ender

Blaze... You nailed it so hard that.... never mind. You nailed it
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/28/2013 22:51:03   
SouL Prisoner

I can't seem to understand all this complaining about support being nerfed ... Your critics r nerfed, not support... All you have to do is pray "no critic plzz" the opposite of what u did till today :) lol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/28/2013 22:56:05   
TRizZzCENTRINO

for all i know this is a good thing, take that support abusers! you are getting nerfed or support is getting re-adjusted.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/28/2013 22:57:03 >

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/28/2013 23:22:25   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

quote:

Glad for more cores and balance changes,

Extremely annoyed that they did not even mention a nerfing of the azreal promo gear....

Honestly HOW ON EARTH IS THAT GEAR BALANCED!!

Nerf it ASAP please....

Just because it hasn't been mention in the DNs doesn't mean it's being ignored. Who knows, might see something about it in this next patch. Just got to wait till Rabble is ready.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 2/28/2013 23:23:30 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/28/2013 23:40:29   
Remorse

^ Good to know,

I hope they consider it a massive priority over most other changes and additions, as it is borderline as outrageously OP as the original TLMs...

That took 6 months to sufficiently nerf...

I don't understand how they can even think of creating new things when their is such a major problem on their hands...

Epic  Post #: 43
3/1/2013 0:22:06   
kaiseryeux21

^im pretty sure it wasn't the dev's intention to make the new azrael promo OP. IMO, the new cores were designed in order to somehow neutralize the power of Str. Mercs who were obviously dominant during that time. But most players are smart enough to take advantage of the new specials of the weapons and made it to their advantage.
DF Epic  Post #: 44
3/1/2013 1:39:55   
Dimentic

I'm pretty sure they knew how OP was the Azrael's Gear when they implemented it. What do you think the testers' job is afterall?!

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 45
3/1/2013 2:23:34   
midnight assassin

I really have a bad feeling on the new cores. Specifically tank builds. I also agree with Hun this time looking on how players play the tournament.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 3/1/2013 2:46:40 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
3/1/2013 4:22:37   
Remorse

@kaiseryeux21

Even if they didn't know, them completely ignoring warnings from many players including me persistently gives me no sympathy whatsoever on this matter.

What more can players with a decent balance understanding of them game do, if they can't warn on obvious OP new features before they implement them...

Not even a reason as to why they think they would not be OP once implemented was given despite the many warnings...

I hate to always be the one to pick on he devs mistakes all the time but sometimes I fell I obliged to when I do all I can to stop these bad things happening yet it's completely ignored

Epic  Post #: 47
3/1/2013 6:33:56   
RageSoul

quote:

Nanosteel Armor: Critical hits getting you down? This passive armor core effectively reduces the damage reduction of all critical hits inflicted on your character!

Sweet ! Another miracle done by the Devs ! Well done , well done , indeed :) I actually went into a SUPP/Focus build before SUPP got it's First Strike chance changed but i'm fine with this .
quote:

Plasma Meteor: Meteor shower just got an energy damage based equivalent!

Nice to see some diversity , but i hope that both versions of Meteor won't stack with Rage .
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
3/1/2013 6:37:37   
Calogero

a Good way to nerf the Azrael Gun special without making it useless of 50$
which isn't cheap at all, is to make the gun have a fixed amount of damage.

Make the gun special do 3 damage, with no chance of crit or ignoring the use of it
with rage...

@ Lord Aegis
Imo, No Core except Aux, Robot attack and Gun should rage...

You can't counter an Unblockable, Non Deflectable Rage Meteor

< Message edited by Calogero -- 3/1/2013 6:38:59 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/1/2013 7:03:44   
Striker44

Don't agree to nerf support ,we wait too long to see support on the right place ,maybe nerfing artillery strike is best option instead (is the strongest multi skils in game)
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= February 28, 2013 - The Tournament Continues
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition