Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2013 22:26:37   
Baron Dante

beastmo: Just because YOU bought it only for the Promo doesn't mean it's the reason it SHOULD BE bought. The main reason you are supposed to purchase the package is the Varium, which still holds the same value as it did before. The Promo is there as an incentive for you to do so, but that doesn't mean it should be and stay as a centralizing, overpowered item.

I did, to a degree, get the package myself due to the Promo, even though I had no need for the Varium right now (Though it was running somewhat low). I still have no issues with it getting nerfed.

In fact, it's far from useless. Just because it's useless for YOU, or your build, does not make it entirely useless. If it doesn't work with your build, you either stop using it, or you change your build so that it actually does work with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/1/2013 22:26:55   
ScarletReaper

Wow we have a lot of whiners on here. Let me break it down for you, bloodlust getting a boost is definetly nice because it'll help us non strength bloodmages and bounties a lot. Will we see a surge of super hp massacre bounties? Probably no more than we always have. 4% is not a big deal. You do 100 damage and you'll get a whopping 4 extra health. Real game changer there. As for the new azreal promo being weak now....Seriously, don't make me laugh. 15% less damage but still the most op'd cores in the game? I feel sooooooo sorry for you. As for the poor tech mages getting a nerf to malf and plasma bolt... Bout time I'd say. You only have a 33 strength requirement on it. Mercs have a waaaaay worse requirement on hybrid armor. Get over it. It was the most op'd skilk in the game and isn't far from it now. Thank goodness for the improved stat diminishing. I think this will help quite a bit. Overall very nice update. I am extremely happy with it.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/1/2013 22:28:13   
sky222

@Hun
would you mind taking a video of that?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
3/1/2013 22:48:02   
SouL Prisoner

Lol, just like i told, that armor is not going to stop me/mercs :D and you cannot call me some class jumper. I was/I'm TLM from more than 6+ months :P

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 3/1/2013 22:49:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
3/1/2013 22:53:02   
Hard boy

what armor?
Epic  Post #: 55
3/1/2013 23:05:06   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@trans don't bother, he just wants to stay in the same old bloodmage multi build and will not be happy until he can win lots of fights with it.

this is a great update so far, the azrael promo did deserve a nerf since most who got it started abusing it right away, shame on those people.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 3/1/2013 23:07:12 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
3/1/2013 23:11:04   
ThePriest

This is why i am angry at this....

Azrael's Will
Lowered damage on use from 100% to 85%
forcing them to strik you next turn,
(Almost everyone uses crit core (free core) of their main weapons)
Plus it is surely greater% chance of them getting into a hit than we is blocking.
VS
Free Core
Energy Shot
Reduce enemy energy by 25% of normal sidearm damage.
(Lowers energy that you get when leveling up.
Does the less energy easier to empty the opponent.)
(Free core got a buff)

What I see here is that the free core got a buff.
While we got a nerf?

Azrael's Torment
Lowered damage on use from 100% to 85%
Redcing buff 65%
(smoke / malf became weaker while the shields then became stronger.
To withstand a hit.)
VS
Free Core
Concussive Shot
Deals 80%dmg puts one of your enemys 3 highs levels skills into cooldown.
Luck with this core, but more useful now than promo core.

then we have also yeti that can remove weapons,
Plus robot that can fix malf / smoke ...
Which is also free ....

What does this tell you? .....
Really hope epicduel have done something specielt with gold yeti.
Otherwise, probably many of the top list to be disappointed ....

I really hope with all my heart that gold yeti has an attack.
Where the enemy die at once!
For presumably it will now not have it ....
But like an OP attack, so we who pay can feel joy in paying again!

< Message edited by ThePriest -- 3/1/2013 23:21:17 >

*MUNCH* Your sig has been munched for overuse.
Please use signatures only once per thread page.
See Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Post #: 57
3/1/2013 23:27:12   
Baron Dante

ThePriest: Why are you still hoping the Golden Yeti to have anything special, when it was stated it would not? This was told far in advance before the tourney, so nobody has any valid reason to be disappointed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/1/2013 23:28:03   
ansh0

Priest, shame on you.

Here we are trying to balance the game and you just want OP stuff so YOU can win.

Pathetic.
Epic  Post #: 59
3/1/2013 23:28:24   
Mother1

@ thepriest

Omega was made for the free to play to be equals with pay to play remember. It was said that is what was going to happen from the beginning, and now that they are nerfing pay to play items while buffing free to play items you are upset?
Epic  Post #: 60
3/1/2013 23:32:03   
Remorse

I am extremely proud of the quick azreal gear nerf good job devs!

Though I doubt this will be the only nerf they need.

Still this is a very good start as well as many other changes this update.

Like giras I have no idea why blood lust is buffed however...

I like the diminishing of all free to use attacks (gun,aux etc.)

Good idea IMO to lower the power of spamming builds.

Without destroying the attack skill build variety.

Overall great update , well done.

Epic  Post #: 61
3/1/2013 23:33:03   
button33

So basically in this update, every class got a nerf but Bounty Hunters... How? You nerf str, but you give bloodlust a buff. Thats counterintuitive.... Decrease the scale of bloodlust......

And to those who say 1 hp doesnt matter. Yes it does. There are some times where you only win by 1 hp.

I think its unfair that everyone but BH gets nerfed. Now they are running around with high hp and bloodlust... Nerf em...
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/1/2013 23:37:56   
beastmo

@Priest

Your to desperate for OPedness. The bot is gonna be the same just gold. So CALM DOWN.
Epic  Post #: 63
3/1/2013 23:40:24   
Mother1

@ button

They buffed bloodlust for Blood mage since they were getting owned due to the stat abuse support builds. Bounty hunter only got this buff since they have the same bloodlust passive.
Epic  Post #: 64
3/1/2013 23:40:35   
Baron Dante

Button: It's not unfair that all but one class is nerfed. If that one class happens to be the only one without the need of nerf, why should it be nerfed?

Their ability to heal with Blood Lust was decreased with the nerf of stats. Without buffing Blood Lust, they would now heal less, leaving them far too vulnerable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
3/1/2013 23:42:38   
Remorse

@ Button,

I think I can actually understand the logic of the BL buff after a quick thought.

Since all free damage has been nerfed slightly,

yet defenses will stay the same,

It means overall everyone's damage will be slightly lowered which is fine because everyone will get ruffly the same disadvantage.

However Bloodlust will in fact be nerfed by this because if overall damage is lowered then so to is the HP regain from blood lust hence their logic was to buff the skill.

I think it may a perfectly fine change as well providing the STR diminishing is sufficient enough to keep those BH builds at bay.
Epic  Post #: 66
3/1/2013 23:43:15   
Hun Kingq

Trans, just love how you don't ask any players permission before posting the screen shot. It is just like TV stations have to ask you to sign a press release.

That should be a rule here as well.

I have no Idea of who this Hsiung nu King is, some Chinese guy I guess, I am Hun King.

I thought I put resistance
in this question

"Nanosteel Armor
Decreases the ignored defense of incoming Critical Strikes by 8%"

Does that include ignored as well?

I tested that skill core and it appears it increased the damage when the attack went critical.

sky222, in a 2vs2 a the same merc before the update got 20/22 critical strike on me but after the update with the new core skill he got 25/30 critical strike that is with the same support.

In a 1vs1 match a merc with tech at 91: 27-33 with that core skill got 47 critical damage on me.

So far the test with a tech Plasma Cannon build, no Critical damage.

I did a comparison of Plasma Bolt and Plasma Cannon damage at tech 86: 26-32 Level 10 Plasma Bolt does 70 energy damage where the Plasma Cannon at 106: 30-36 does 60-66 energy damage. The tech mage has two things to increase Plasma Bolt damage technician and malfunction where the Blood mage just have stats. If Plasma Cannon did Critical damage more than once every 100 matches and actual ignores resistance than the in battle damage would be comparable but the Plasma Cannon is sub par especially when the opponent has moderate to high tech.

Just now a merc got 61 critical damage on me with Artillery strike in 1vs1 and with my tech high than his not a single deflection, with his low tech I should have got 50 damage but only got 46 leaving him with 1 point to win the match.

Players with support builds able to rage twice in one match now where us none support builds don't get to rage once and maybe that should be taken a look at.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 3/2/2013 0:17:41 >
Epic  Post #: 67
3/1/2013 23:49:35   
legion of souls

I just searched up Hun king. I could not find him
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
3/1/2013 23:54:22   
Ranloth
Banned

Now it's different, after the name change. Check the last post on previous page.
AQ Epic  Post #: 69
3/1/2013 23:58:35   
ThePriest

Why I'm angry?
Sure I like the balance that they are trying to create between free and paid players.
But without us pay players where would the game be?

Can promise you that the more a half of all those who purchased the promo.
Did it because it was so called OP ....
Right now favors epicduel free players more a pay players ....
They ask us to buy things then change them?
Yeti tournament? You had to buy the promo to be there.
After changing them and said that you could buy a ticket without promo.
We were angry who had bought and told them to promise so on.
So they changed it again.
Then now with promo weapons that many many bought.
Make them a nerf on?

They should stop adding things ....
As they can not keep.
How it should be.

Buy this package for $ 50.
(What you get)

Changes to the product.
Can be done to make after 1 month out.
To balance things out.

*MUNCH* Your sig has been munched for overuse.
Please use signatures only once per thread page.
See Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Post #: 70
3/2/2013 0:04:34   
Baron Dante

Priest: The longer you keep a product around without fixing it to be properly balanced, the more people will have bought a product that isn't going to stay that way.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
3/2/2013 0:54:27   
TRizZzCENTRINO

just to clarify, the golden yeti will have the same attacks and damage as the omega yeti.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
3/2/2013 1:04:03   
Calogero

Hmm not as big of a nerf on the azrael gear... I was expecting
It to have a fixed 3 damage lol.
Btw, where did the random bloodlust buff come from?
This imo just encourages str builds more... You know what
Would have been a nice buff? Making reflex boost return
20% energy on hit instead.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/2/2013 1:07:01   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Strength builds aren't the only builds using Bloodlust and with the diminishing returns, they do need a little buff to it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
3/2/2013 1:08:07   
Dimentic

I was hoping for a little buff to Assimilation but only got nerfed hard. :3 The cooldown/Energy drain are too high/low.

< Message edited by Dimentic -- 3/2/2013 1:12:21 >

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition