Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2013 12:10:30   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Luckily did not need to alter my build much, slight adjustment on stats, and lower Intim (due to energy) but Supp BM is still going well, mostly. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
3/2/2013 12:10:41   
The Astral Fury

He`s right who`s cares wether Hun`s lying or not if he`s wrong about something or you dissagree with something he said or even if you think he said something wrong try to correct him tell him why he`s wrong if he further t`ries to argue just ignore him. This post is about the update let`s discuss that and let this Hun Kingq argument cease.
DF AQW  Post #: 102
3/2/2013 12:17:19   
IsaiahtheMage

Something else I also want to say about this update, NPCs are too strong, we players keep getting nerfed one way or another and now NPCs can use auxes and some of them have had their health and energy increased. This should be fixed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
3/2/2013 12:46:51   
Silver Sky Magician

There isn't much to debate about the current update, in my opinion. Support builds have been significantly but not cripplingly nerfed, caster mages have received a minor check, a Nanotech core that isn't actually particularly useful, and minor nerfs to the Azrael weapons that leave them as major threats.

The only controversy is the Bloodlust buff. I kind of agree with the rationale for it, but at the same time something seems wrong. I'll need to ponder about this.
Post #: 104
3/2/2013 12:49:03   
Vagaran

I love the Bloodlust buff, I changed back to BM and is doing better than before.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 105
3/2/2013 12:50:30   
Calogero

BloodLust Buff makes no sense at all...

Mass BH's are the one getting the biggest buff with this
BM's can't use it with SuperCharge due to it not stacking...

Like I posted earlier, I would have appreciated a Reflex Boost buff
a lot more than a BloodLust Buff...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
3/2/2013 15:09:39   
Smackie El Frog

I don't understand why the promo aux's skill core got changed? If it was meant to take down shields why lower its damage? It will already be doing very low damage because they SHIELDED already! Now it will basically do minimum damage when using the skill core against someone with a strong shield. This nerf baffles me.

Also, before you jump on me I understand and agree the side arm promo skill core needed a nerf.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
3/2/2013 15:21:24   
IsaiahtheMage

@Smackie I don't see why you guys are complaining about the gun getting nerfed, it does 15% less damage, the OP skill core is still pretty darn strong. I don't see why people are saying "it's useless" when it has the best Active Skill Core in the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
3/2/2013 15:28:19   
Calogero

@Isaiah...

quote:

Also, before you jump on me I understand and agree the side arm promo skill core needed a nerf.

He agreed, he was asking why nerf the damage of the Aux special seeing the Aux would already do little damage with a defence buff applied...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
3/2/2013 15:35:27   
IsaiahtheMage

@Calogero
I read that part and I understand it, but I still don't get his argument. Defense buffs aren't always used anyway, and the aux can debuff 65% of it. So I don't see the problem at all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
3/2/2013 15:55:43   
Calogero

Yes but... Why nerf a special that already does lower damage when using it against a Defense Buff?

If you use the Energy Azrael Aux special against an Energy Shield of 20, that aux damage would already do 20 less damage so the nerf in it is kinda pointless.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
3/2/2013 16:05:44   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Because you have to lose out on something for the effect of the weapon. Considering that you will remove a huge chunk of the buff/shield(and thus either doing more damage or getting hit with less damage), it only makes sense you'd have to lose out on some damage in the first attack.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
3/2/2013 16:12:51   
Smackie El Frog

No, you are not doing more damage. You would be doing more damage if they didn't shield at all. Also, when they shield and you use the promo aux's skill core, you will still be doing less damage than compared to them not using their shield skill? So over all you are still doing less damage because there is still a somewhat shield still active.

So to me it doesn't make sense to nerf the aux damage when on that initial hit is already low due to their shield skill being activated. The only way I would see nerfing the aux damage if took away the whole shield. That would certainly be very over powered, but it doesn't do that. I believe they went overboard because it didn't warrant a nerf of -15% damage.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 3/2/2013 16:14:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
3/2/2013 16:15:40   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

They spent a turn and energy to throw up a shield. It's not fair to them to lose 65% of that shield and then have to deal with the loss of defense. Not everyone using the Aux is a tank build so chances are that shield was used to protect against high damage from the other guy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
3/2/2013 16:22:07   
Smackie El Frog

And I spend a turn to use my aux to take it down and I have to deal low damage to do it? Just so I can have less than normal damage? It's still an advantage for the person who used the shield??

You are making it sound like the aux takes their shield and turns it against them as a debuff! They still have a shield in place. They still take less than normal damage from people. If we are talking about fairness it is only fair to the one with the shield that is still taking less than normal damage! That is not fair in my book.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
3/2/2013 16:36:59   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above they waste a turn and energy to put up a shield, while you gain rage, decrease their shield effectiveness and dealing some damage at the same time with the azrael aux, as you see the person using the aux has way more benefits.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
3/2/2013 16:38:04   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

I miss being able to pay :(
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
3/2/2013 16:38:47   
master x guardian

And the skill core is as good as a debuff seeing as it decreases the effectiveness of a buff...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
3/2/2013 16:38:48   
Lycan.

quote:

I don't understand why the promo aux's skill core got changed? If it was meant to take down shields why lower its damage?

Because the aux was superior to the Azrael's Borg which had the exact same special.

quote:

Also, when they shield and you use the promo aux's skill core, you will still be doing less damage than compared to them not using their shield skill?

depends on the shield and the energy/phy aux.

< Message edited by Lycan. -- 3/2/2013 16:40:43 >
Epic  Post #: 119
3/2/2013 17:00:24   
Oba

quote:

as you see the person using the aux has way more benefits.

Remind me, what did they pay for? They got a small, and I mean very small, advantage in some battles. The aux wasnt OP, and this nerf was not really necessery. The gun on the other hand was.

< Message edited by Oba -- 3/2/2013 17:05:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 120
3/2/2013 17:30:16   
Mother1

@ smackie

The aux was superior to the azreal's borg which does the same thing but only does 60% damage when removing the buff. Removing a shield and dealing 100% damage at the same time is vastly OP. Especially in the hands of support builds using it.
Epic  Post #: 121
3/2/2013 17:39:39   
Ranloth
Banned

I wish the Bot came back. I cannot get 10K Varium package but have Credits/Varium to get it in-game. Didn't last year. >.<
AQ Epic  Post #: 122
3/2/2013 17:53:53   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Remind me, what did they pay for?

10k varium and accessing a weapon a year earlier than others. That's what you get when you buy promos. Azrael's Borg was also a promo item as well, even if one that could be bought in-game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
3/2/2013 21:18:21   
Hun Kingq

Got two more results of the nano steel core, 2v2 a merc got 56 critical damage, 1vs1, a merc got 59 critical damage.

So the new core skill is not as effective as it was on their test server if it was truly that effective.
Epic  Post #: 124
3/2/2013 21:21:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Do the math. It works fine. It's just 8%, remember that. No one said it has to be game changing/breaking effect, after all it's a passive core not active thus power for those is limited. You ain't looking at massive damage difference after all, only 8% less of your defence being ignored which is 8 less damage per 100 Def/Res. For me, it's working better since I could forgoe some HP instead but perhaps your BL is to blame at Lvl 1? Or maxed DA that Crits more.
AQ Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition