Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Phase

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Phase
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2013 4:06:42   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Mercenaries in every phase from the start always are OP I would say. At the near end of the phase, they get UP. but as for now it is balanced. Great jobs devs ;)

What do you like about this phase & why?
Epic  Post #: 1
3/2/2013 4:12:14   
Scyze

I think this phase "sucks". I might change my mind but right now it does. Balance was absolute rubbish at the start. They could've asked us for our opinions on how and which builds might dominate and alter it. But no, they didn't!

I like nearly the whole display of Omega. (Not battles, Cores...) The best feature has to be the new pop-up box thing rather than "the huge freaking bar covering everything". <-Someone made a thread about that.
The new display of Energy/ Physical damage in battle also looks cool. The old one looked lame and this one is in HD.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/2/2013 11:05:32   
Trae

i like it. it may not be prefect right now but think about when they will have the option of about 50 core...
in my opinion i like what it might become and with the balance patch its pretty even right now
Epic  Post #: 3
3/2/2013 11:11:04   
  Exploding Penguin

In my opinion, luck cores DESTROYED the game and makes 90% of all wins just based off of luck and whatever class has the advantage, rather than actual skill, strategy, and build creativity. Active cores are really neat, but I dislike not being able to see my opponent's cores. From my opinion, mercs never started out as OP from the beginning of the phase; I was always able to beat strength mercs, and I have no idea why other people seemed to struggle so much. As a previous support merc, I can say that support mercs weren't particularly overpowered either given their amazingly low win rate of around 65-70%. I think that the passive cores should all be changed to something solid like the yeti charge on Omega weps, since they're not at all luck-based.
Epic  Post #: 4
3/2/2013 11:45:46   
DestruRaGe

I think that mercs are balanced.

@Penguin
In my opinion cores are the future of this game. We just gotta wait till we have a great amount of them.
Epic  Post #: 5
3/2/2013 12:32:59   
  Exploding Penguin

Without a doubt, cores will be. I fully support them, I just don't support them being pure luck , such as how concussive shot only works 1/3 of the time in your favor, and many passive cores are just pure luck.
Epic  Post #: 6
3/2/2013 12:42:29   
IsaiahtheMage

My support build was destroyed, my aux use to do 24 - 32 damage, now it's 20 - 24 damage. My amount of energy was decreased by like 8 points, now I can only use my multi once. I can't use it twice anymore. I could go back to a 5 Focus Tank Build, but Bunker Buster was badly nerfed and so was Tech. I'm not gonna bother with a str build since they've been nerfed badly as well, but they were OP so that makes sense. But the extra diminishing returns added to str was an overkill. I'm sticking to my support build and even worst win/lose ratio, not that it was that great to begin with, since a sup Merc build is basically win fast or die fast anyway. So I'm probably just gonna rely on crits some more to help me win. I'm gonna have to get the Primary Mastery and Sidearm Mastery skill cores now. But then theirs those brand new Tank builds with Nanosteel Armor, eh I doubt 8% will do much to a crit. Whatever, I'll just see what happens.
So basically what I'm saying is that I don't believe Mercs are that balanced, if they would return tech back to how it was and fix Bunker Buster as well, then we may be balanced.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Phase
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition