Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

I'm quite pleased

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> I'm quite pleased
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2013 10:18:19   
Midnightsoul

Well, how do you guys about balance now? It seems as the devs are doing a lot better job of taking action. I kind of feel like ED can go right finally.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/2/2013 10:25:15   
G4m3r

Yeah, I hope they launch a new event or war in the next months.
Post #: 2
3/2/2013 10:31:56   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Yeah, its quite balaned now.
5 focus bh is a bit OP, but not much compared to what already happened since omega
Epic  Post #: 3
3/2/2013 10:41:25   
Ranloth
Banned

I don't really have an issue with any build for the time being. Crits can be weakened through the new core, Azrael has 85% damage penalty which is good, you cannot spam skills (lower EP), and abuse of Strength and Support won't happen unless you're willing to go that far and 'accept' the lower damage compared to before.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/2/2013 10:49:44   
Scyze

As much as I hate Omega, this is the best update I know of Omega. Most builds are balanced and I'm happy about that.

EpicDuel just needs to keep the momentum going rather and punching it to the gut to drop it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/2/2013 11:07:09   
  Exploding Penguin

I have to disagree here, while the update did bring a very strong balance to all the classes and weapons, it pretty much made the game a communist society where everyone is equal...purely equal. Nearly all previous promos lost all their value to current cores which anyone can get (mark of azrael, primary mastery, jack-o-fire, meteor shower, eggzookas and dragon buster lost their high stat values, etc...). Normally I wouldn't mind this too much, but something even worse happened; they never fixed the outrageously high base luck chances, and instead added luck cores. This pretty much makes the game something where luck dominates and skill plays a minimal role, and, the only place where I actually see skill now (given that you're lucky enough not to have poor matchups and don't get messed up by shadow arts and luck cores) is 2v2 because it requires planning. I'm very disappointed that ED is now about 90% luck and 10% skill in 1v1, as many skilled players are losing to lower levels quite often from the cores and the absurd 10% base deflection chance. From what I see, luck now determines the winner, rather than skill does.
Epic  Post #: 6
3/2/2013 11:16:22   
Scyze

You have a point about luck Exploding Penguin.

I thought Omega was supposed to be more stat based rather than luck based and now we see a lot of luck Cores. I notice more critical damages and deflections than in Delta by people who have lower stat points. This is the build I use and it is very different to my old Delta build. I've not been losing as much as I did before the update since I don't see abusers anymore.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/2/2013 11:19:54   
  Exploding Penguin

I've noticed that out of about 70 battles I did back in gamma, I only lost like 1-2 from luck whereas I should have won without the absurd luck the opponent had. Now, in Omega, that rate has doubled so I'm losing like 1-2 fights every 30 to some random crits from the opponent's gun, or deflections because the minimum and base chances are too high and there's a whopping 6% from a deflection core. Also, zerker is near useless since blocks negate all damage, yet I see HUNTERS who have max shadow complain that zerker is overpowered. Since the start of shadow arts back in gamma, I've always thought it should have been changed to something solid like the other class's passives, but for some reason it's stayed as a totally messed up, broken passive which decides the fight's winner based totally off of block luck. This is the main reason I hate playing as and fighting against hunters in Omega.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 3/2/2013 11:20:04 >
Epic  Post #: 8
3/2/2013 11:27:42   
ReinVI

for the most part I like the update... But I still hate what the have done to the infernal interdictor.... they nerfed it AGAIN decreasing it to an extra 10% instead of 15% and now thanks to this new armor core that reduces by 8% against those people you will do a whopping 2% more! they pretty much made the infernal weapon completely useless...
Epic  Post #: 9
3/2/2013 11:40:37   
DestruRaGe

Umm I kinda like it. Stat spam builds were too strong so I agree with nerfing them. Buffing bloodlust is something that im not so sure about.
They should buff static charge instead and plasma grenade. Tell me why energy cost of plasma grenade is higher than stun grenade?
I really dont see why. Also like Exploading Penguin said, shadow arts is a bad passive. It should be changed much!
Epic  Post #: 10
3/2/2013 12:44:11   
Cookielord12

Its good. Stat spamming is far less effective, but they still are usable. Classes are pretty balanced and most builds are counterable.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/2/2013 13:14:09   
Midnightsoul

I agree with Destrurage about Cybers.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/2/2013 13:41:31   
nico0las

I like balance now.
We're free to build almost anything, but it'll be balanced.
Probably the best update ever, in terms of balance.

The nerf to TMs is not appreciated though.

Critical hits and blocks are running wild. The players who abuse luck-influencing stats (support and dex more notably) are reigning terror down on everyone.
The block and crit is simply too unbalanced now. A player with 90 support is hitting two or three crits in a row; let alone those with 120+ support.
This fixed some things but broke others.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 3/2/2013 14:10:58 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/2/2013 14:16:16   
Fortitudo

I like the fact that more builds are effective now.

Epic  Post #: 14
3/2/2013 14:16:56   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Nicholas
All caused by the cores..
4% extra crit chance
4% extra block chance.

Thats what is causing this madness

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 3/2/2013 14:17:38 >
Epic  Post #: 15
3/2/2013 18:29:14   
Lycan.

I think this was the best balance update, no more tech mage supports beating me in 3 turns because of the gun nerf and the support mercs got a decent nerf, nothing too hefty.
Epic  Post #: 16
3/2/2013 18:48:04   
ScarletReaper

I'm just sad that my 5 focus support builds aren't good enough to stay above 50% win ratio. Guess I have to find a new build now. Maybe I'll just have to go 5 focus strength like the rest of the sheep.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/2/2013 18:51:57   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

I'm not
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
3/2/2013 18:56:18   
Waxor9001

The next thing they should add now is an option to hide your stats&skill tree.

Then the balance will be much better in my opinion.
Epic  Post #: 19
3/2/2013 19:11:29   
ScarletReaper

The dev's won't do that as then the poor sheep would be unable to make a build of their own. Also they wouldn't know what's coming so they'd have to use their brain and strategy to win and we can't have that now can we?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/2/2013 19:17:46   
edwardvulture

build diversity is dead, luck is running amok, and I'm losing to NPCs, I don't get what's epic about this.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
3/2/2013 19:26:32   
Mother1

I am not happy with this update. Thanks to those stat abusing support players the infernal war weapon got yet another nerf. Also to add injury to insult a anti crit core. Thank you support abusers now I can honestly say the infernal intradictor has been nerfed into the ground. Only adding 10% extra at best and 2 percent if someone has the crit core.
Epic  Post #: 22
3/2/2013 20:27:19   
beastmo

No the luck is outrageous. Before the update when i was a cyber people were deflecting with 0 tech. Thats just outrageous
Epic  Post #: 23
3/3/2013 1:21:27   
NDB

These guys just need to stop. With each balance update things get worse. With each update I am losing more.
Epic  Post #: 24
3/3/2013 1:29:20   
Blaze The Aion Ender

NDB
I have seen you in game
It couldn't hurt for you to lose now and again >.>

But as for the balance, it's the best in Omega so far
My win rate isn't what it was in Delta (86%) now my average is around 75%
My average in 1v1 is still okay-ish though, and 78.87%
So overall; I like it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> I'm quite pleased
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition