Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New "F4F" Low

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New "F4F" Low
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2013 3:43:10   
Made 4 Sunny Days

While F4F has become a part of many 2v2 battles (unfortunately or fortunately depending on your view of it) and some people, as we all know can spam it continuously and beg for it.
Today however, I experienced a new F4F low, my partner refused to do anything in the battle until I famed him. I pointed out to him that this is a ridiculous attitude to have and told him I wouldn't fame him. He stayed true to his word and did nothing and we ended up losing

Share your worst F4F stories!!
~Stay Sunny~
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/3/2013 3:51:14   
Scyze

Erm similar story Made 4 Sunny Days.

It was back in Delta when I was a 5 Focus tank with 113 Technology. (Tactical Mercenary) My partner said f4f but I kept quiet like always. He then replied "you suk" and left without even attacking.
So it turned into a 2v1 against a Level 33 and a Level 34 Mercenary. I still beat them though, Infernal Android saved me from losing with it's epicness.

You see, that was when there was Enhancements and I kicked butt back in Delta now, I get kicked.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/3/2013 3:59:42   
Mother1

What the? That is terrible. I ran into fame beggar, and even fame runners who will run in search of fame. However someone who refuses to play because you won't fame them and make you lose? What some people won't do.
Epic  Post #: 3
3/3/2013 4:02:10   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Get rid of fame and everything is solved :)
Epic  Post #: 4
3/3/2013 4:09:23   
SouL Prisoner

@above

Getting rid of something is not a solution.

You can report such players, sunny :)

And if you don't want to fame, just say no or ignore ...

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 3/3/2013 4:10:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/3/2013 4:15:22   
Made 4 Sunny Days

@Soul
Oh I did, I told him I was reporting too, then I had a great big laugh because it seemed to funny that someone holds a fame point to that level of importance
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/3/2013 4:16:24   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Actually it would.
Since they then dont ask for it, they wont leave because they cant get a no since they dont ask!

Getting rid of fame makes the chat logs way better off!
Epic  Post #: 7
3/3/2013 4:18:31   
SouL Prisoner

^Be sure of what you say/ask ..

They all told the same thing about Enhancements, and now ... Well, you all know what ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/3/2013 4:20:53   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

They all told the same thing about Enhancements, and now ... Well, you all know what ...

It is balanced now because enchancements are gone, so what point are you trying to make, i ask?
The game is on its best, balanced wise.
If fame gets deleted, this game will be awesome.
Epic  Post #: 9
3/3/2013 4:23:16   
SouL Prisoner

^What if you i say delete/reset all time 2v2, 1v1 or jugg ...

You sound the same about fames. There are many players who work really hard to earn fames on social sites, in-game etc ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/3/2013 5:04:15   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

^ Resetting the all-time LB? Thats something i wouldnt mind.

And 1vs1/2vs2 and jugg are completely different then Fame.
Fame is earnable through like you said BEGGING, all-time 1vs1/2vs2/jugg is earnable by WINNING

Thats the point i try to make.
Epic  Post #: 11
3/3/2013 11:12:13   
  Exploding Penguin

This isn't necessarily a fame story, but I had a similar experience to sunny back in delta. Once I was doing 2v2, and I didn't have a faction. My ally invited me to his (which was a terrible faction as about 80% of the members hadn't logged on in the past month), and I respectfully declined. He refused to do anything until I joined his faction, and thus I had to cave in. In the end, I didn't join his faction... you get what's coming to you.
Epic  Post #: 12
3/3/2013 11:57:20   
Mother1

@ Zeph

I doubt they will do it though. Even though some are annoying as heck Fame is still serving it's original purpose which is to get new people to join by posting your character link through social websites. So as long as it is serving that purpose the staff won't get rid of it. Besides with all the star that have been added I have seen some anti famer being fame askers/beggars because they want the rating points.

@ Soul

Even though I doubt fame will be removed part of me thinks it is a good idea. Don't get me wrong I don't mind fame myself, however the harassment and in soul's case refusing to play because they won't fame you is just disgusting. As I said before I have seen fame askers, fame beggars, and even fame runners in battle but this is as she said a new low.
Epic  Post #: 13
3/3/2013 12:07:03   
Demon Emperor

Im trying to get to 1k fame, so I'm fameing myself on my computer every day and asking f4f in 1v1 battles. I'm happy to say that nobody has flamed me yet for asking for fame (thanks everyone).
However, many people say they will do f4f, and then they don't fame me back. If you have a slow comp or something I am willing to fame you even if you cant fame back, I just really hate it when people lie to me or are too lazy to use 5 seconds to open a new tab and press the green fame arrow. :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/3/2013 12:28:43   
Aceplosion

Cannot really remember the worst but this one time this guy said f4f I said no he said he would leave the battle if I didn't fame him but after a point in the battle I knew I was going to win and said if you wanna leave you better leave now.. And he said he was kidding and would never leave but I wonder...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/3/2013 14:06:24   
ReconnaisX

If my partner ever refused to do anything without me faming him, I wouldn't fame him. I stick to my morals, and anyway, my CH's win record for 2vs2 is already under 50%.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/3/2013 15:27:19   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Made 4 Sunny Days
My god, what a tool
Can you have like... Reported that somewhere for ruining any positive experience the game gives...
Wow...

EDIT: Yeah... Forum people... I don't fame... Kinda can't so, y'know... Don't ask...
But if you're on the forum with your character page linked at the bottom, I will have probably famed you already today, so.. Yeah :)

< Message edited by Blaze The Aion Ender -- 3/3/2013 15:30:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/3/2013 15:50:45   
Q...Q

I want the Fame for fame thread to get back

i need the cheevo.
DF Epic  Post #: 18
3/3/2013 16:50:44   
DOOMdeath

I had that kind of experience quite a few times..... partner asked f4f, i said ok, i famed him and he left....
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/3/2013 16:56:35   
Giras Wolfe

I think "soliciting fame" by threatening not to play in 2v2 should be an offense worthy of a warning and ultimately a ban, if you can provide a screenshot of him saying that.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/3/2013 18:02:39   
ReconnaisX

@Giras

That's a good idea.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/3/2013 20:30:33   
Made 4 Sunny Days

@Giras
Looking back now a screenshot woulda been a good idea, instead I just reported him.
I think the fact that I thought this was so funny kept my brain from working properly lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/3/2013 20:37:44   
Average

@Demon Emperor
That's the only reason I have an issue with fame beggars. When someone politely asks once, I accept and fame them, because it only takes a few seconds. When the person doesn't fame you back, though, it gets rather irritating.
Post #: 23
3/4/2013 3:41:11   
AxeOFury

Someone said "f4f." I said no. End of story.
AQ  Post #: 24
3/4/2013 6:03:34   
Calogero

When people beg me for fame, I always reply with one single question...

What?

After 3 times asking they call me an annoying noob, which I don't mind seeing I'm doing the same
thing they are doing just with another word...

I call this: annoy 4 annoy

long story short, I don't fame... anyone.
Most people know this by now yet they keep on trying xD

< Message edited by Calogero -- 3/4/2013 6:04:41 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New "F4F" Low
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition