Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread XCVII - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread XCVII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2013 10:10:46   
Baron Dante

ED is no longer P2W. They more or less completely removed that factor. Varium is now mostly for shortcuts and other features. Also, extra variety.

AQW isn't P2W, because you know, it hardly qualifies as a game, and it definitely doesn't qualify as PvP game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/4/2013 10:15:38   
megakyle777

I mean, personaly speaking, I don't have any issues with some Artifacts and Characters costing SG, since in the long run, masters, legendaries and artifacts really are NOT needed and battles can be won without them. That's all fair and good. But should stuff like cards (needed for battles) and when they come out stats (Again needed) cost SG... well, I'll probably be a cursed fool and buy them. But I will NOT be happy about it.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/4/2013 10:16:15 >
DF  Post #: 52
3/4/2013 10:36:04   
Megadragonknight

@vagaran and Baron
My bad since i don't really know really know so much about ED game system. For AQW, good point. Drats, didn't think carefully before i post about AQW but AQW also have PvP system and many AQW players especially those with rich ACs will use lots of powerful class like Mindbreak, Pyromancer, Necromancer in PvP. AQW is just like a dress-up game with lots of rare, ACs and member items which will cost lots of RL money although the storyline makes up for the game. Back on-topic, i am postive OS will surpass AQW as a popular AE game once OS launch normally as a real game with interesting storyline and many new characters, cards and Artifacts.
Post #: 53
3/4/2013 10:41:48   
Baron Dante

Aren't both Necro and Pyro in AQW for all players tho?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
3/4/2013 10:44:28   
Vagaran

@Baron

Yes it's free for Necro and Pyro...

Let's get back on topic before AK's shows up:

If CC turns out to be SG only, I'm sure alot of people would quit...I would since I hate P2W games :/
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 55
3/4/2013 10:50:34   
Beck

Well, a few weeks ago, Nulgath was moaning about those Unlockable Contents thing, where they can give special shops to only the people who have a certain number of characters or SG totals or something. That would be one way they could limit the distribution of powerful cards, without this turning into a complete P2W situation.

Then they could do something similar to what they do for the classes in AQW: Offer a version of the cards that's in the limited shops, and then another version for SGs, for people who may want to skip the training process.
AQW  Post #: 56
3/4/2013 10:56:36   
Andlu

CC will probally be mostly free. But of course there will be SG cards...
EDIT: I would love to see just gold/free cards. Also another thing to bring up. Are we getting ANY perma rare cards to add to our deck? Would be pretty good for my VK O.o

< Message edited by Andlu -- 3/4/2013 10:59:58 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 57
3/4/2013 11:07:14   
Vagaran

I hope the only thing going perma rarez are characters. All cards should be permanent addition too OS so everyone gets the chance to try out different cards.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 58
3/4/2013 11:14:35   
Andlu

I WOULD prefer some few cards getting rare than all being sg .-.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 59
3/4/2013 11:16:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The cards will probably work like characters now. Some will be in the shop for Gold and/or SGs and most of them will be found as drops in battle. The only cards I could see not being as drops would be special cards designed only for special characters. I believe it was stated that Revontheus's character would be getting a special card back when he was released.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
3/4/2013 11:17:32   
Mondez

I recall Nulgath saying that all cards will be available when we were raging about evolutions as a balance to the pay thing, but plans sometimes change so we'll see what happens when CC comes out.

*edit
I agree with Mr. Moose on certain characters getting special unique cards.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/4/2013 11:18:32 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
3/4/2013 11:17:41   
Vagaran

I wonder what happened to those special cards Rev was promised to get
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 62
3/4/2013 11:20:02   
Andlu

I don't care for the cards. Where the heck are the Evo that was promised for VK skexis and AP? *MAD FACE HERE*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
3/4/2013 11:20:10   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

They probably just got put on a backburner to more important features like CC, Grand Quest, Elements and other stuff like that. I figure when Nulgath gets the majority of the features added, then he'll go back and get the other cards done.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
3/4/2013 11:21:01   
Mondez

@Andlu
You can't expect Nulgath to give everything an evolution at the moment. O_o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
3/4/2013 11:21:40   
BJEBLE

@Andlu but set a limit, like 4 rare cards total.
Anyways, I think CC will be limited to your element at first, I don't know about later, and some will cost SG, some won't and be free, and some will cost gold.Also, say Blood Fiend, can only get more cards that it started with(AKA Apprentice cards)but if you evolve it gets the normal Blood Fiennd deck, only this itme, you can add Veteran cards.
Anyways, I can't wait until I can set up my ultimate Anti-Ice character and go looking for AFZ.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 3/4/2013 11:22:17 >
DF  Post #: 66
3/4/2013 11:21:52   
Andlu

@Mondez But he could ACTUALLY work at those instead of the... Blood + blood maggot yay! Blood makes evo! *Adds blood to black dragon*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 67
3/4/2013 11:22:40   
Vagaran

I'm more looking forward too the Master Rev now. *Is so gonna use Peon vs Riniti's Egg and lose*

@Andlu

I think people are more interested in major gameplay updates than promised Evos.

Though I agree on the maggot thing...

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 3/4/2013 11:23:28 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 68
3/4/2013 11:24:37   
Mondez

@Andlu
Nulgath does whatever so we can't really dictate on what should get what.

I wouldn't mind if Nulgath made Maggots Legendary into Beezlebub Lord of the Flies.

I really wonder on the CC on what kind of cards would monsters drop and how frequent they will drop. Will monsters drop special cards based on a RNG system like random loot from Final Fantasy? It really interests me on how it will work out.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/4/2013 11:26:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
3/4/2013 11:26:05   
Andlu

@BjeBle I disagree with that one. I wanna do my Xmas fiend a mixed type when CC comes. So I'm making like water+Ice. It wouldn't be fun if that hapenned.
@Vagaran I think maggot evo wasn't necessary. Not now. But AP and skexis were promised back when Beta STARTED. Also I killed my brother egg with VK. He is so wanting a revenge :3
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 70
3/4/2013 11:32:07   
Leader
Unrequited

I was expecting to see cards to be available in specific card shops. The majority, if not all of them, would cost gold rather than SGs to remove any advantages that would lead to a P2W style game. It would also make good use of the hundreds of thousand gold pieces a lot of people have got stored, and can finally be put to good use. It would only be basic attack cards, and a few shields, and perhaps a few others which would be more expensive then the basic ones. The rest of the cards we would then have to acquire through drops.
Post #: 71
3/4/2013 11:52:08   
Megadragonknight

Do you guys know what? Listening to OS theme song is really peaceful in my opinion. Klunk and Dilligaf did a very good job creating this music and so is other OS new theme song like the dungeon and soulmas theme song.
Post #: 72
3/4/2013 12:14:30   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Afternoon all, how are we today? owo

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/4/2013 12:16:08   
Leader
Unrequited

Afternoon Asuka ^.^

Freaked out, but other than that all's good! How about yourself?
Post #: 74
3/4/2013 12:18:04   
megakyle777

Hidere Asuka! Not been up to much. Just kinda been leveling Vampire Knight till I realised there's no real point just yet and got bored of OS again. I tend to have a habit of that it seems.
DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread XCVII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition