Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Change in block formula

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Change in block formula
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2013 5:23:30   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Today was the moment i seriously raged the first time ever because of blocks.
A guy with only 2 dex (yes seriously, i smoked him) blocked me TWICE in a row. Seriously TWICE. i got 82 dexterity for gods sake and he blocked me TWICE.
I lost the match because he blocked my rage.
How should this even be possible people, seriously?????

Thats why i want the block chance formula changed this Friday, this is seriously out of control.
The current formula is:
quote:

8% + ((Defender's Dexterity - Attacker's Dexterity) / 2.5)

Example:
quote:

Defender has 60 Dexterity
Attacker has 100 Dexterity
Block Adjustment = (60 - 100) / 2.5 = -16
Chance to Block = 8 + -16 = -8%
Since the block chance can never reduce below 2%, the Chance to Block becomes 2%

Now i want to change the formula to this:
quote:

8% + ((Defender's Dexterity - Attacker's Dexterity) / 2.0)

AND no minimum block anymore.
It can now get -% so shadow arts/ninja reflexes does not help these guys to still get a block chance as they do not in any way deserve to be blocking the others.

This change will make the example as the following
quote:

Block Adjustment = (60 - 100) / 2.0 = -20
Chance to Block = 8 + -20 = -12%
Since the block chance can now reduce below 0%, the Chance to Block becomes -12%

This will make this blocks way more fair then it currently is.

A note however, this will give the Dexterity abusers a Buff, BUT the current equatation is seriously messed up.
Why should someone with only 2 dexterity be possible to block someone TWICE with 82 dexterity?

It SHOULD NOT!

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 3/5/2013 5:24:01 >
Epic  Post #: 1
3/5/2013 18:32:23   
Trifire

Well, maybe you are experiencing bad luck. Also this would OP dex abusers because they would block all the time. I think that the formula is fine where it is at. One thought is that you make the base blocking chance 2% for everyone even if they have a skill or core that boosts their blocking chance, so that when they have 0 dex, their block chance is 2%.
Post #: 2
3/5/2013 18:45:53   
Mother1

@ trifire

He know that this formula will be buffing dex builds but at the moment he doesn't care because he is sick and tired of getting blocked by people he believes have no business blocking even though they could be a hunter using shadow arts or someone with the ninja arts core.

@ zeph

This would also be buffing tech spamming hunters who can smoke people down to or close to 0 as well not just dex builds. I say this because bounty hunter already have the power to remove dex and some I fought against were able to lower someone's dex down to or close to 0. Bounty hunter already got one buff they don't need another buff because you are upset with mins and the blocking formula.

Ever hear of unblockables use them for crying out loud. especially if you are using rage unless you have no choice. There is no need to buff dex abuse builds and Tech spamming bounty hunters with strong smoke because you are upset.
Epic  Post #: 3
3/6/2013 0:03:51   
Giras Wolfe

I think there should be a 1% chance to block minimum, but it should be possible to get down to that 1% despite skill cores and Shadow arts. So supported, except with a 1% minimum.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/6/2013 3:51:52   
King FrostLich

What I don't like is that I even get blocked against players with 45 dexterity ALWAYS with cheap shot as a cyber hunter. I don't know why but my cheap shot gets blocked several times. They need to change the dividend to 2% not 2.5%.
Epic  Post #: 5
3/6/2013 4:13:40   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

@Trifire
It would not since there still is a maximum block change.
They would only not get blocked, but they wont block more then they already do ;).

@Mother1
There will still be a maximum block chance so this will not buff the hunters only.
This will help everyone with good dex that keeps getting blocked, not only the hunters!

And seriously how can you blame me for not using unblockables? This guy seriously had only 2 dexterity for crying out loud 2 mother, 2!!!!!

@Giras
Then hunters can still get a minimum of 15% due to shadow arts and ninja reflexes.
thats why they need to remove the minimum.

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 3/6/2013 4:15:58 >
Epic  Post #: 6
3/6/2013 10:01:29   
Mother1

@ blitzex

I blamed you because you forget that

1 block rate in omega is crazy thanks to the new core and I know you know this
2 you underestimated your opponent thinking he wouldn't block even though they have 2 dex while knowing min's are still there as well as him possibly having shadow arts and/or ninja reflexes.

If they had both then they had a 16% chance to block if shadow arts was maxed. If not then the person had a 6% chance to block if they had ninja reflexes. But still it sound like extremely bad luck to me as well.

You should never underestimate your opponent no matter how low their stats are nerfed. You know as well as I do that omega blocks happen more then deflections as well as all the posts about the crazy block rate.

But on another note Even with there being a max block chance, without a min smoke as I stated before can make your block chance go down to 0 if you aren't using the ninja reflexes core if you are a non hunter or if you are one shadow arts and/or ninja reflexes. Before Bounty hunter could take your block chance down to 2% but could never remove your chance to block. However with your idea and removing of the min they can given the hunter can smoke you hard enough to where the min would originally be, and you aren't using any passive skills or core that will help you block.

So tell me how is that not a buff for bounty hunter since they could never take away a person's ability to block but with this in the right situations they can?
Epic  Post #: 7
3/6/2013 10:17:01   
zion

The cores shouldn't add to the minimum. If you have that much dex/tech the minimum should go down to 1%. I've been saying to cut the minimum and starting percentages in half...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/6/2013 11:10:43   
King Helios

Well, there was a .04% chance of that happening, assuming he had no Shadow Arts
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/7/2013 0:19:56   
arthropleura

Definitely dex overeffective. All stats are kinda atm though...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/7/2013 0:44:18   
Dual Thrusters

well that means you also got to change def/res, because you could smoke someone down to 0, but armor+passive armor skill will still reduce your damage
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/7/2013 1:34:26   
Goony
Constructive!

I suspect (I don't know for sure) that the method adds the cores and smokescreen after the block chance is calculated

But the formula is a bit more complicated:

quote:

Chance to get blocked = 8% + ((Defender's Dexterity - Attacker's Dexterity) / 2.5)

if (Chance to get blocked < 2)
then Chance to get blocked = 2

else if (Chance to get blocked > 35)
then Chance to get blocked = 35

The above calculation just determines the chance to block and then there is the actual function to determine if the event (melee attack) is blocked.

I am assuming, but expect that the function goes something like this:

quote:

Variable = Random number between 0-100

Block Modifiers = Chance to get blocked + opponents Shadow Arts + opponents Ninja core - your Connect core

if (Block Modifiers <= Variable)
then Block = true

else Block = false

A simple way to change the calculation to reduce the impact of cores and shadow arts would be to:

quote:

Chance to get blocked = 8% + ((Defender's Dexterity - Attacker's Dexterity) / 2.5) + opponents Shadow Arts + opponents Ninja core - your Connect core

if (Chance to get blocked < 2)
then Chance to get blocked = 2

else if (Chance to get blocked > 35)
then Chance to get blocked = 35

This puts the modifiers in before the min max is calculated so the example becomes:

quote:

Block Adjustment = (60 - 100) / 2.5 = -16
Chance to Block = 8 + -16 (Block Adjustment) + 4 (Ninja Core) + 10 (Shadow Arts) - 2 (Connect Core) = 4% after modifiers

Since the block chance now adds block modifiers below 0%, the Chance to Block becomes 4% rather than 16%...

One thing to also keep in mind with this method is that Shadow Arts and Cores would no longer be able to go over the cap and get the 45%+4% that is now possible with cores!

Just to note I have made some assumptions here and these could only be confirmed by a developer!

< Message edited by Goony -- 3/7/2013 2:16:17 >
Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Change in block formula
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition