Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Buffs (and Nerfs) 101: With Reason

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Buffs (and Nerfs) 101: With Reason
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/11/2013 18:18:23   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

That was with extremely high tech was it not and i should have gotten more damage since you like doing a screen shot of my builds

Extremely high Tech? I believe it was around 110 Tech only, extreme is a bit more. You miss the fact I've had 28-33 Resistance AND it was NOT a Crit. Do the math now.
quote:

Bunker Buster with half the tech still gets more damage and crits more often

No. Just no. There's few more damage on Bunker, not half. Your "crits more often" is just a bad luck. You never mention the cases when you did Crit but the ones where you didn't.
quote:

Intimidation I used on a tact merc with max Double Strike becuase it does not affect weapons damage he still got 40+ damage so unless they make it where it decreases weapon damage or increases damage of your attack as malfunction and smoke screen does no matter how much you buff it they will still get weapon damage.

Well.. It is possible for DS to do that if maxed + they have high Strength + your Intimidate is weak. Don't expect them do deal 3 damage only. <.< It lowered the damage but obviously not to the 3s you've wanted which would be overkill. Lel.

quote:

I have no idea why you and many others still fail to see that.

Back at you. Why do you fail to see that BMs aren't even UP? Devs have proven so (even BL was buffed), players can prove so yet you say otherwise. When they are fine, they are fine. Don't expect massive buff along the lines of 'Relust' for BMs (BL + Reroute in one). It's not problem with the class, it's YOU who struggles to win and blame your build on that, not the class.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
3/11/2013 18:24:23   
ScarletReaper

@hun you must have been doing something wrong then. With my def at 31-37 and there res at 24-29 I did over 40 damage with both overcharge and plasma rain when I was using that build. That was also without reflex boost. ^_^
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/11/2013 19:51:20   
xGreen Warriorx

Cyber Hunters:
I agree with the buff to plasma grenade.

The buff to static charge also looks good. I saw Giras's suggestion in the other thread as well and liked it.

As for Energy Conductor... it's just a buffed version of shadow arts, but with deflecting. While deflects aren't nearly as devastating as blocks, it's still just a massive luck skill on one thing. Here's my suggestion, which is a mass-up of my ideas and ones I got from you and Giras:

Conducting Arts:
Increases your deflect chance, chance to not be deflected, and grenade stun chance.
Lvl 1: +1% deflect chance , +1% plasma grenade stun chance
2: +1% deflect , +1% chance to be not deflected , +1% grenade stun
3: +1% deflect , +1% not deflected , +2% grenade stun
4: +2% deflect , +1% not deflected , +2% grenade stun
5: +2% deflect , +2% not deflected , +2% grenade stun
6: +2% deflect , +2% not deflected , +3% grenade stun
7: +3% deflect , +2% not deflected , +3% grenade stun
8: +3% deflect , +3% not deflected , +3% grenade stun
9: +3% deflect , +3% not deflected , +4% grenade stun
10: +4% deflect , +3% not deflected , +4% grenade stun

For bounty hunters:
Shadow Arts
Increases your block chance, chance to not be blocked, and grenade stun chance.
Lvl 1: +1% block chance
2: +1% block , +1% chance to be not deflected
3: +1% block , +1% not blocked , +1% grenade stun chance
4: +2% block , +1% not blocked , +1% grenade stun
5: +2% block , +2% not blocked , +1% grenade stun
6: +2% block , +2% not blocked , +2% grenade stun
7: +3% block , +2% not blocked , +2% grenade stun
8: +3% block , +3% not blocked , +2% grenade stun
9: +3% block , +3% not blocked , +3% grenade stun
10: +4% block , +3% not blocked , +3% grenade stun

The reason Conducting Arts has +1% more grenade stun chance is because, as Rayniedays said, cybers don't have a skill to buff their tech to get better plasma grenade dmg.

Blood Mages:
Plasma cannon buff is a good idea, I have never seen a really good BM tech build.

I honestly think BM is pretty balanced, I wouldn't nerf them much. (Maybe a nerf to bludgeon?)

Tactical Mercs:
Reroute doesn't need a buff, on either TM or TLM. With surg builds, reroute already supplies enough energy regain to make stopping surg virtually impossible, unless you finish the battle quickly, especially if the TLM has generator. Same with artillery strike. Eventually the TLM will get enough energy to use it devastatingly, this process doesn't need to be made faster.

I think stun grenade should stay. TLMs used to have maul and it was replaced because it was too powerful. (I was a TLM at the time of that nerf.)

Taken from my Build Creativity thread:
Tactical Mercenary: New skill (in place of Field Commander) - Damage Demolisher
-Decreases the supp of your opponent and the damage of their most damaging skill.
-Improves with str, requires dex.
-Can be used with a club and a sword.
What this will do is give TLMs a good reason to have str and dex, which currently are useless by themselves.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 3/11/2013 20:19:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/11/2013 22:42:23   
Hun Kingq

Since certain players always bragging about 5 focus build here is the results of the skills with 5 focus build targeting the players with the lowest stats in 2vs2.

5 focus

max Plasma Cannon tech build

max Plasma Rain dex build
27 20
22 20
14 20

max Fireball strength build

If you don't want to believe the results retrain and do the same thing keep it 5 focus and put the stat the skill pertains too to the highest and do your own tests in 2vs2.

It is 31-38 not 31-37
went back and retrained

max Plasma Rain with dex 111(31-38)

In 2vs2

Single Player with malfunction because his partner left

39 damage

without malfunction

22 32

withot malfunction

37 34

as the merc got 55+ damage on each person on my side that was with the dex/defense above as his
tech/resistance was twice as less I got less damage.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 3/11/2013 23:10:37 >
Epic  Post #: 29
3/12/2013 3:25:59   
rayniedays56

Hun. Yes, I am currently a Cyber Hunter at the moment. However, do not doubt me when I said I was a Tech Based/ Plasma Cannon Blood Mage.

Tech Abusive Build

Sorry for the low quality, for it is on my Twitter account. In case it is TOO hard to see, here are the stats/skill points used:

93 HP
72 EP (when it scaled at 72 EP base for 35 BM

27 Strength
30+32 Dexterity
110+32 Technology
28+12 Support

6-8+36 Energy Primary
6-8+35 (+6) Energy Gun
10-12+39 Energy Aux

20-24+10 Defense
37-45 Resistance

1-1-4
8-max-x
1-1-x
8-x-3

I could decimate the OP support builds running around. Simply by nearly always deflecting their aux, healing 8+ HP on Plasma Cannon, and being able to tank NICELY with my defenses.

If I was EMP'd, I would simply switch to my second tactic. Which is Tanking and raging the IA. I had 22-26+12+6 Robot Damage, and when rage on level 10, even with NO 5 focus, I could always gain plenty of damage on my opponent.

So, no. Plasma Cannon does not need a huge buff as you put. I find it already powerful.

quote:

So in your opinion Atom Smasher/EMP at level 1 –3 can take away 30+energy is not OP/OB because they don’t do damage but you suggest taking more energy.

When did I say this? I said that a skill being able to DRAIN EP, GAIN EP, while also hitting for 100% Damage was OP. Yes, I feel EMP could be heavily abused, but, as you can read in my recent posts, I have NOT posted ANY nerfs on ANY classes yet. WAIT to see what I put.

quote:

With high support I tested max Intimidation on high strength builds they laughed because they still had high strength and still got high damage with strength based skills and weapons.

Yo bro, I did the EXACT same build with not max intimidation. HERE And guess what? Intimidation WRECKED the strength builds. With their main damage weakened, they stood no chance.

quote:

When I was doing a high dex build with extremely low tech every match I got malfunctioned.

Yeah. Because you had low technology.

quote:

For reroute you might as well suggested 100% return because 30% at level 10 is more than generous.

30 EP out of 100 Damage is generous? So, my 6 EP extra per every 100 Damage must be EXTREMELY ludicrous!

< Message edited by rayniedays56 -- 3/12/2013 3:28:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/12/2013 9:36:42   
Bloodpact

Ok i'll step in here on your intimidation change needs.
Make it reduce a %! of str increased by level.
Adjusted by a stat, maybe? <--- needs proper tested if one is needed or not.
Epic  Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Buffs (and Nerfs) 101: With Reason
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition