Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(Pre-DF) Reign of Fire ~ Origins of the Unknown Pyromancer Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (Pre-DF) Reign of Fire ~ Origins of the Unknown Pyromancer Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/8/2013 11:38:53   
Aridance16

My first story can be found here. Please note that: 1. This is my first story I've written about the DF world. I've written some stories before, but that was years ago. This isn't perfect, and I don't expect everyone to like it. Criticism is always welcome, but still, don't be too harsh. 2. I try to work on one chapter per day. Sometimes if I feel like, I will make more, or none. Depends on the mood. 3. Everything that happens between the prologue chapter and the final chapter (once I get there) will probably be purely created and written down from a moment's whim. The beginning and the ending are the things that I really worked on, but other than those, I don't like to overthink that what I should write for the next chapter, but I also won't write anything that I think won't seriously doesn't fit in it. If I can come up with something that sounds really good in my head, I'll go with that.

Alright, that's all for now. Hopefully you'll find the story enjoyable.

Chapters done so far:

Prologue Chapter completed on March 7th.

Chapter 1: The Four Commandments began on March 8th, completed on 9th.

Writing Chapter 2 postponed for March 11th, 2013.

Writing Chapter 2 postponed for March 12th, 2013. (Didn't have the chance to use the comp today earlier and it' already evening here.)

Chapter 2 completed on March 12th, 2013.

Writing has been currently postponed until further notice. (Not feeling like writing, and I got my hands full with MGR: Revengeance and Witcher 2: AoK).

< Message edited by Aridance16 -- 3/19/2013 0:32:00 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/8/2013 12:20:00   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

Consequences of disobeidence will be severe and, in most cases, painful.

disobedience

quote:

You will become an unstoppable power, forever marching forward, without stopping at nothing.

while

Does Xan have plans for Aridance in regards to Jaania?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
3/8/2013 12:53:56   
Aridance16

@Dwelling Dragonlord: Thanks for the corrections! It should probably be noted the events of this fanfiction are years before the events of DF, so no, Xan won't have plans for Aridance regarding Jaania. At least for now. However, if I come up with something that sounds good in my opinion, and it involves Jaania, I might write a chapter about it.

< Message edited by Aridance16 -- 3/8/2013 12:57:00 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/11/2013 7:43:15   
Glais

Just read the prologue so far.
The dialogue doesn't seem to fit the atmosphere, given the severity of the situation and Xan's state of mind though, I can see how balancing that would be difficult.
DF MQ  Post #: 4
3/11/2013 15:06:02   
Aridance16

@Glais: Thanks for the comment. I'm not a very experienced writer, and I've never been very good at creating dialogue that doesn't sound too cheesy or something like that, regardless of what kind of people the characters are, but I'm willing to try and improve on it.

< Message edited by Aridance16 -- 3/11/2013 15:08:53 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/5/2013 12:15:50   
afb728

I think that it is an interesting story, however, the time is all over the place. First you say she's 8 In Ch.1 part 1, but in the next part she's at least 10. Which would be fine, except that the next part takes place 5 minutes later.
Is the character Aridance original? Or is she set up to become another character that Falconreach already knows? If I'm correct in her identity, then this story would finally provide a solid past for this character.
DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (Pre-DF) Reign of Fire ~ Origins of the Unknown Pyromancer Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition