Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread CII - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread CII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2013 19:16:24   
BiasedBass

@Cakemaster There are void contracts remember? I doubt a pact knight can sign a contract to become Rolith.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/13/2013 19:18:49   
Andlu

Every character in game WILL be a character. I renember Nulgath confirming that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 52
3/13/2013 19:19:07   
CakeMaster

@Bass I wasn't the one who said that Rolith could be the "Mystery man". I merely said that the "mystery man" was the Pact Knight evo.
AQ DF  Post #: 53
3/13/2013 19:22:43   
BJEBLE

@Andlu but maybe not right away, like Anauel(Angel lady) has a possession circle around her, so maybe Rolith will be the one who gives you the CC tutorial.
DF  Post #: 54
3/13/2013 19:23:39   
BiasedBass

@cakemaster My bad sorry! But if it does happen to be Rolith, I hope it isn't a pact knight evo
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
3/13/2013 19:24:06   
Andlu

@BJEBLE I didn't say all of them all into the game. But sooner or later will be. Even the old lady that gives you the quest for sonja.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
3/13/2013 19:24:26   
Mondez

I really doubt Nulgath is showing us Pac Knights evo because he could've released it as part of the new rank ups instead of using the DNS page.

Anyways do you guys think there will be any major changes on the improved battle engine other than bug fixes and possibility of it getting ready for CC?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
3/13/2013 19:26:10   
BiasedBass

@MonDez I'm not sure it's anyone's guess .-. but I am excited for those bug fixes! No more victory poses while the opponent still has hp left.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/13/2013 19:26:49   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@Andlu How would that even work, is she going to continuously going to hit us with her cane .-.
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
3/13/2013 19:27:20   
BJEBLE

@Mondez no because getting ready for CC and the bugs that come with it is already quite a challenge.
DF  Post #: 60
3/13/2013 19:27:32   
Leader
Unrequited

They are both closely linked, so it does seem like a good theory. Normally when squashing old bugs, it opens up opportunities for new ones to crawl into life, so it may be a while before we see a fully functioning feature implemented flawlessly. I really do hope so Modez, it's something we've been anticipating for quite some time now!
Post #: 61
3/13/2013 19:32:50   
Mondez

My theory is indeed plausible besides if CC were to come out with the current engine, there will be way too many possibilities of bugs that would cause battle to be unstable so in order to fix the current problems to be compatible with the new feature, a new engine must be created to ensure stability and less bugs to run rampant in OS.

Nice explanation Leader.
You are of course leader of the pack after all.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/13/2013 19:34:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/13/2013 19:38:06   
Redingard

@Mondez and Leader

Agreed. The current engine has worked pretty well for Beta and Alpha, but for all the plans the Coders and Nulgath have in mind, it really does need an upgrade. Especially when it comes to finishing a battle with Counter Attack or Iron Hide in effect. Besides, getting rid of all these weird glitches would be nice.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
3/13/2013 19:42:14   
BJEBLE

@Redinguard yeah I would be nice if the weird glitches were gone, as for CC and new engine: It will need a new engine, probably won't be done this week, but if bi-weekly release starts this week, then we'll get both.
DF  Post #: 64
3/13/2013 20:43:11   
Beck

I have another suggestion for the "Get To It After Major Gameplay Updates" update: Make a smaller version of the game so I can multitask easier while playing.

EDIT:
@below
Asuka! How was Testing? Will the game break on Friday from the release?

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 3/13/2013 21:19:16 >
AQW  Post #: 65
3/13/2013 20:54:09   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

*Pokes head in, looks around and goes back into the darkness*

< Message edited by Asuka -- 3/13/2013 20:55:38 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
3/13/2013 21:25:15   
Megadragonknight

Woke up earlier than usual. Anyway, i heard about a new DN showing a sneak peek about Rolith-like with an assassin helm character. I suspected the same thing that this character is Rolith due to obvious reason. His hammer and armor look exactly the same as the DF/AQW Rolith. It make some sense that this character is Rolith but what's with the helm? Beside, Rolith is the only OS Dev that haven't got his character yet and he should have one by now. Maybe this will be his evolution, Rolith shown as a young man with his home clothes training to be a knight, then evolving to veretan rank with upgrade armor obtained by an armor shop from Solace, then finally evolving to master rank with an appearance of Rolith in his elite knight armor and signature weapon, Hammer.
Post #: 67
3/13/2013 21:27:22   
Beck

Well, the DN's say "Guess what I'm using this guy for?"
So my guess is Grand Quest NPC. If we can possess Rolith, awesome! If we can't, well, at least we get to see him for once, because I don't think Rolith is in the rotation of statues in Solace for some reason.
AQW  Post #: 68
3/13/2013 21:32:16   
Megadragonknight

@Beck
Because Rolith doesn't have his own OS character yet. If Nulgath hinted about "using this guy for", then Rolith-like character will possibly be NPC for the Grand Quest. Seriously, so many excitiment for Grand Quest but it should be release after the gameplay features otherwise the game won't launch normally with new quests and storyline content. I really am looking forward to OS storyline, cutscene and quests.
Post #: 69
3/13/2013 21:37:06   
Beck

Huh. I thought we also got to see a Nutcracker Rolith that Rev drew at some point, along with Warlic's character.

I want to see gameplay updates too, but since Asuka and Sage just reported yesterday that Warlic/Rolith were working on that new combat engine, I don't have high hopes of it coming out this week.

So I thought I'd psych myself up for Grand Quest instead! That was smart. Gah! It's all Rev's fault for releasing those Phoenix handlers previews!!!

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 3/13/2013 21:40:59 >
AQW  Post #: 70
3/13/2013 21:40:03   
Mondez

@Mega
I can bet that GQ will be constructed during the phases that the main features are being implemented and since CC is right around the corner along with the soon to be scheduling of the bi-weekly releases. GQ will be implemented after CC so when bi-weekly is released, it would give us something to do for the next two weeks.

@Beck
If not this week then next week since the sg unlockables and sell backs are scheduled for this week. Hopefully the unlockable will be FQ that was previewed to be the next promotional long time ago.

If not then a surprise me sort of thing would be interesting to see.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/13/2013 21:43:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
3/13/2013 21:46:53   
Megadragonknight

@Beck
Nutcracker Rolith? May i see the preview? I know right. I am so psych about the Grand Quest too. In exchange for releasing those Phoenix handlers character, he drew it fantastically! I am super excited to the core.

@Mondez
My thoughts exactly. What can help me to kill time during this two weeks is that CC is release during bi-weekly.

Post #: 72
3/13/2013 21:50:07   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

I want to see gameplay updates too, but since Asuka and Sage just reported yesterday that Warlic/Rolith were working on that new combat engine, I don't have high hopes of it coming out this week.

o-o I didn't say this.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/13/2013 21:56:28   
Beck

@Asuka
You may have been AFK at the time. Sorry! It was a busy lobby, and you know, those orange names stick in my memory.

@Megaknight
I can try to look for a pic, but it's on Rev's twitter... Nevermind, found it! Nutcracker Rolith

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 3/13/2013 21:58:15 >
AQW  Post #: 74
3/13/2013 22:02:55   
Lemonus

So guys... tell me something new/interesting going on or I'll noms you!

Oh look, new DN that definitely has something to do with Swordhaven, it's not an armor that Rolith wears on a daily basis or anything.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 3/13/2013 22:12:37 >
DF AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread CII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition