Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Nanosteal core is pretty useless.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Nanosteal core is pretty useless.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/14/2013 10:50:20   
Warmaker04

Tittle says it.
8% is really useless and its not worth to buy it. all i can say its * Back our money *
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/14/2013 13:02:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Then don't buy it. Don't expect passive cores to have powerful effects because they are always working as opposed to active skills. You KNEW what it does so you won't get anything back, just get a different core or deal with it. 8% less ignored depends on your build; it suits tanks more because glass cannons have low defence so 8% less won't do much. It's pretty much 4 damage less taken in on Crits per 50 defence. (or 8 per 100, however you wanna put it). And since Crits can happen anytime, it adds up.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/14/2013 13:37:16   
Warmaker04

62 critical damage and 58 crit from nano steal is really nothing... and there are really better cores than that. it must be buffed.
And No trans, i t hrought i will do more critical attacks not my enemy less on me -_-

< Message edited by Warmaker04 -- 3/14/2013 13:38:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/14/2013 13:40:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Then improve your defence. Crits on my with current build barely reach 40s and with my build that uses Nanosteel Core is about the same, despite having lower defence than my existing Juggernaut build but higher attack. It doesn't have to be buffed because it's a passive effect. You cannot give a passive skill too much power, especially when it's a core.

If you don't find a use from it or results aren't good enough, don't use it. You aren't expected to see major differences, it's a passive after all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/14/2013 13:50:13   
Warmaker04

i have 45 res and 45 def. Still the high support ones does 50 critical hits on me. Help? with multi rage even 65
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/14/2013 14:01:35   
Mother1

As trans says don't use it then. Besides if it was made anymore powerful it would be a complete counter to Massive strike core which was already just about nerfed into the ground due to support abuse.

Besides 8% of crits ignored means that a person without massive strike ignores only 42% of your defenses as opposed to 50% and with massive strike 52% percent is ignored instead of 60%. In some cases that can make or break you.

Also remember rage already ignores 45% of your defenses and with a crit stacking with it of course it will be powerful.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 3/14/2013 14:02:19 >
Epic  Post #: 6
3/14/2013 14:08:28   
Ranloth
Banned

70 damage Multi, Rage ignores 45% of the defence and Crits ignore 50%. 50% of 45 is 23 (rounded up) and 45% of 22 is 10, so your defence will be 12. Top they can get won't even reach 60 damage if we use 70 damage Multi as an example & Rage on its own ignores a lot. They don't stack so even if it was Rage and no Crit, you'd take in 11 (or so) damage less.
If you use Nanosteel Core then it's 42% of 45 which is 19 and 45% of 26 is 12 so your defence will be 14 instead. Two damage difference if you make it stack with Rage.

Let's use just Crit as an example with 45 defence and 70 damage. 50% of 45 is 23 and 42% of 45 is 19. That's 4 damage difference, so you will take in 4 damage less. It's working fine, it's a PASSIVE after all so you cannot give it a lot of power.

If Multi is used on 2 enemies then 70*0.85=60 damage, then you will take in even less. Make sure you check your math before you claim something. You slightly overexaggerated.

@Mother1
quote:

Besides if it was made anymore powerful it would be a complete counter to Massive strike core which was already just about nerfed into the ground due to support abuse.

I believe original MS was 65% total (with Crit included). It was merely bumped down to 60% with Omega update. Only because it says 10% on Crit doesn't mean it's 50% calculated then 10%. It stacks so it still ignored 60% of defence as opposed to original 65%. "Massive" nerf indeed.

< Message edited by Trans -- 3/14/2013 14:10:22 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
3/14/2013 14:15:52   
Warmaker04

Mother... How i knew that core is useless before i have tried it out? Explain that.
Trans.... I`m really great in math, and mine question isnt whats the formula,
Yeah its passive core but ftw?
Deflection core 6%
Block core 4%

They are too passive cores but what? way better than nano.

AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/14/2013 14:34:12   
Mother1

@ trans

When it first came out it was at 75%. However it was nerfed down to 65% because everyone even the owners complaining that it was too powerful. After that no one complained too much but thanks to when they nerfed strength and OP support it got another nerf trans because people were abusing support and crits come from support. That was when it was nerfed again from 65% to 60. Add the nanosteel core into the equation, and if I were to crit with massive strike I would only get a 2% bonus.

@ Warmaker

The core said it removes 8% of crits damage, and regular crits ignore 50% of defenses. If you do the math you would know you would still receive 42% of that crit's damage which means only 13% of the regular crit damage is removed by this core if you don't have massive strike on.

So this core isn't useless in the least. Unless you would rather take that extra damage the core omits.
Epic  Post #: 9
3/14/2013 14:42:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Ah so it was 75%. Thought it was 65% and bumped down by 5% only (which is 60% right now). Although I still do see the reason which is stacking with every single Critical which is.. terrible and powerful. If it, say, worked for Melee attacks then 75% would be somewhat fine, or let it have 65-70%. *even if Melee, not Mass since Mercs nor Mages can do that; not Melee*

And are they? Deflections and Blocks have a cap which cannot be exceeded with exception of SA. They are heavily based on stats too since the higher Dex/Tech, the higher chance for a block/deflection so it's better to pick core that goes with the build. Crits on the other hand are fixed and you get guaranteed reduction.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/14/2013 17:58:49   
Warmaker04

right... i dont see any posts in mercenaries section...... well tommarow
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Nanosteal core is pretty useless.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition