Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread CV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread CV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/20/2013 10:52:44   
Vagaran

@Mondez
Maybe his 5-hit combo would be the same as Revonturkey...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 76
3/20/2013 11:03:17   
Kralos

I think that he will have something like carrot dagger.
And a basket with dragon's eggs.
AQW  Post #: 77
3/20/2013 11:07:33   
Vagaran

I doubt Dragon Eggs can be in a basket, those are usually big...It will probably be Doom Eggs/Mini Rev Eggs he will use...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 78
3/20/2013 11:13:37   
Megadragonknight

Hi guys. I got something to share with you guys. This is going to be way off-topic but i hope the AK will allow me to say this from my mind for you guys to know. *Sigh* I am going to start my course for next 2 weeks and i want to focus on my academic and obtain Certificate for my career in the future. I will probably be having less time for OS except for weekend. Its been nice to chat alongside you guys especially to Riniti, Beck, Vagaran, Mondez. I am going to have a busy and troublesome life starting from next 2 weeks onwards until when i retire which include studying, serving nations as recruit and working. I will really miss my time to chat with you guys often but i will have to start working and earning very soon. However, like i said, i will spent my whole time on saturday and sunday to chat and play OS with you guys so this is still going to be my fun time in life. May i hope to always chat and play with you guys until death do all of us apart. Okay, this is probably all i want to say and i may have somemore i would like to share you guys but that would be for a few years.

On-topic: Easter event for OS is going to be interesting! Looking forward to Bunnythues and some easter and bunny characters! That Abberant looks really scary although i do like Dragons. However, the backstory was so amazing! Hurray for more Creatures of the week!
Post #: 79
3/20/2013 11:28:29   
Leprechaun

@Mega
Best of luck to you, you will be missed *hands over fruit basket*

Easter dragon of suinotlim!
Post #: 80
3/20/2013 11:36:27   
Kralos

What about egg hunting?
Do you think that Nulgath will do this in OS?
AQW  Post #: 81
3/20/2013 11:37:17   
Vagaran

@Mega
Well, you'll still around ;) And GL.

@Leprechaun
Easter dragon of suinotlim? I'm not sure how you would make an Easter Dragon look like...Rabbit ears perhaps?

I personally want to see:
Bunny
Bunny Guard
Bunny King
Bunny Queen
Bunnytheus
and Bunny Assassin for Easter...Bunny Assassin explains him/herself...like how Bill Assassin could be considered an "counter" for Revonturkey (funny that Assasin is Lightning and Revonturkey is water...)

@Kralos
Actually Egg hunt would be cool, like there is 3-4 Eggs hidden in 3-4 different lobbies, by the end of Easter, the eggs will turn into a character!

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 3/20/2013 11:39:30 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 82
3/20/2013 11:40:13   
Mondez

@Mega
Good luck man, best of luck.

Anyways, I got FC to 14 and I have 6 levels left to 20.

I'm thinking after my review I'll be making a segment called "Oversoul Mash-ups" which is where I take characters that are similar of strength and do 1 v 1 to see who is stronger. Like FC vs BD and VK vs VR.

@Kralos
It would be possible, but it would probably detract from CC unless they decide to do it after the release of CC.

*Edit
I support a peeps inspired character after all it is deliciousness marshmellow.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/20/2013 11:49:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
3/20/2013 11:46:30   
Kralos

@Vagaran
What about easter chickens?
IMO Nulgath won't do that many bunnies.
@Mega
Good luck!
AQW  Post #: 84
3/20/2013 12:24:27   
Leader
Unrequited

@megaknight, Good luck, and I hope all the hard work pays off! ^^

Hopefully we'll see more powerful non-SG characters with Easter's release.

Post #: 85
3/20/2013 12:29:44   
Jmagician

@Mega: I hope everything works out for you! Good luck!

Anyways, I was reading Insane's comments and I have to say that he is more right than wrong in the matter. There are way too many characters that are extremely similar. This is for good reason (that reason being this game is young) but there should be more variety in terms of cards instead of characters. Every same element character is basically a re-skin with a modified deck and if you think about it that way, it isn't very exciting. Card Customization will just give us the option to do that ourselves and so hopefully when card drops come into play, Nulgath introduces a whole lot of brand new cards to play around with.
AQW  Post #: 86
3/20/2013 12:32:45   
Vagaran

@Jmagician
All characters having the same cards = Balance.

There is no character that is to OP, it's much easier to have balance when all characters got the same cards, it also means you aren't being forced into getting a specific character just to have an advantage in OS.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 87
3/20/2013 12:39:52   
Mondez

The cards the characters have now does create balance plus it creates an oppurtunity for more customization for CC plus it is easier for Nulgath at the moment than just random cards to be placed into the decks to create unbalance. Don't forget these cards are starter cards for these characters anyways.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
3/20/2013 12:41:09   
Jmagician

@Vagaran: Doesn't it get depressing though? How can this game move forward if every character is virtually the same? By the way, the element itself is OP or UP so technically, every character under that element is defined as such. I understand your point of view though, but I like strategic advantage rather than character advantage. It will really help diversify things and create that strategic advantage especially with CC coming into play if there were more variety of cards to choose from.
AQW  Post #: 89
3/20/2013 12:41:13   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I personally wouldn't support unique cards unless they're just reskins of current cards with a special animation for the character. Like Paladins being able to summon a Light Spear like Artix did in DF. There already is inbalance between the characters because some are just better to have than others and CC won't change that much.

Also, as it stands, the differences between characters of the same element is play style. Take Minotaur and Earth Fairy, complete opposite sides of the spectrum. One offensive and the other Defensive.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 3/20/2013 12:46:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
3/20/2013 12:45:27   
Jmagician

quote:

The cards the characters have now does create balance plus it creates an oppurtunity for more customization for CC plus it is easier for Nulgath at the moment than just random cards to be placed into the decks to create unbalance. Don't forget these cards are starter cards for these characters anyways.

Yes, you're right. This game is too young at the moment, but it would be nice to move onto this direction and progress this game into that competitive direction (without becoming a P2W based game of course).

@ND: But there should be cards that are better than others, that is what tiers are for. Also, not unique cards, but more options for all elements.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 3/20/2013 12:47:33 >
AQW  Post #: 91
3/20/2013 12:49:01   
Mondez

Well I wouldn't mind if rankings were to be implemented after CC to create the foothold for Pvp.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
3/20/2013 12:49:46   
Vagaran

As long those cards won't give you a ridiculous advantage, I'm fine with that. And as Mondez said, the game is still in Beta, I think we should wait for different cards once we get a little further/out of Beta.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 93
3/20/2013 12:50:53   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@jmagician There are cards that are better than others. Each tier you go up in level gives you a card that(usually) lower tiers don't have. Blessed Strike is noticeably better than Might in the right situation for example. Perhaps there could be new cards in the future but I don't really support just making new cards that are supposed to be character unique AND better than other cards. Plus it would be unbalanced if Fairies had a regen card(because Fairies are usually magical and positive with their magic skills) since two fairies already heal and the third is pure defense. That's just one example. What if Paladins had a card dealing extra damage to undead? Or if Founder Champ could deal extra damage against evil aligned creatures?

Edit: I'll support new cards but they shouldn't be character unique and if they are they shouldn't be better than other cards. Adding new cards for an entire element or to give it a different playstyle if wanted is a nice idea but you have to remember that you probably will be able to combine those cards in the future with CC. Imagine an Ice character with the offense of Fire.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 3/20/2013 12:53:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
3/20/2013 12:54:41   
Jmagician

@vagaran: My thoughts exactly. The only ridiculous advantage that should be present is the ridiculous mind playing them.

The ranking system Mondez suggested would further stimulate balance.

@ND: Yes, I was merely suggesting new cards for the elements and not for certain characters. Cards being restricted to certain characters would more likely cause unbalance. However, just like characters, some cards just have to be better than other cards.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 3/20/2013 12:57:50 >
AQW  Post #: 95
3/20/2013 12:55:28   
Vagaran

quote:

Imagine an Ice character with the offense of Fire.

The torture...
But yeah, there shouldn't be any Character restricted cards, but maybe some Tier restricted cards (Not some OP ones, of course)
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 96
3/20/2013 13:01:05   
Jmagician

If an Ice type had the offensive capabilities of a Fire type, then what is the problem with that? I don't get it ._. Not all Ice characters should be defensive and my idea would be to encourage things like that. With variety of different cards to choose from, many different elements should be able to sport many different playing styles.
AQW  Post #: 97
3/20/2013 13:02:46   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@j The problem would come from them being able to throw up 15 shield in one turn as well as dealing out 10+ damage. You can have one or the other, it would be unbalanced to be able to hit like Fire and defend like Ice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
3/20/2013 13:04:21   
Jmagician

@ND: That shouldn't even be possible. You can only have one or the other. What you are getting at is the idea of a mixed and that should be possible too but not to that caliber.

EDIT: Pumpkinlord is a good example of a mix, but even that character has its flaws.

@below: It has a minimum direct damage capability of 5 plus sports reflections and Iron Hide. My point is that it hits hard and can defend itself as well. I can't really call it anything other than a mix, what would you call it?

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 3/20/2013 13:12:33 >
AQW  Post #: 99
3/20/2013 13:05:29   
Vagaran

I'm sure there will be Artifacts which can increase multiple elements, so Ice would surely become OP if it got both defensiv AND offensiv cards.

PL doesn't have the ability to discard 1 card for +15 Shields.

Being able to put up +15 shields is better than IH + Reflect. It's even only cost 6 energy to add those shields up while PL is rather expensive to use in terms of energy. I would call it a Hybrid.

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 3/20/2013 13:15:03 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread CV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition