Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= 25/03/12 Design Notes: Oversoul Beta Revolution has Begun!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= 25/03/12 Design Notes: Oversoul Beta Revolution has Begun!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/26/2013 10:43:14   
Megadragonknight

Battlechat, NO!
Post #: 26
3/26/2013 10:45:44   
dragon warth

i was about to leave oversoul since my good pc broke and its hell playing on the one i have but seeing the battle chat i changed my mind i wanted it for so long
AQW  Post #: 27
3/26/2013 10:48:24   
Vagaran

@Mega
A chat box in battle is something alot would like. I would love to chat with my opponent in battles (it is boring with no talking) especially if it's with a friend. And it's not only bad people who would be using it. I've met various people in ED who are quite nice, so it's not everyone who will be mean.

The only thing they need to add is a ignore button, and everything should be Ok.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
3/26/2013 10:51:29   
Megadragonknight

@vagaran
And i am quite fine with it so long as there both player can't chat if one disable the chat box.
Post #: 29
3/26/2013 11:51:40   
megakyle777

I'm not looking fowards to chat at all. i'm with Megadragonjkight on this one. Save the chat for out of battles I say. Because....errr... people are often too busy to talk when fighting! YEAH! tnhat works and is a legit excuse!

But seriously, the trolls, cheating accusations ETC are not worth the few good people yill may meet in my opnion.
DF  Post #: 30
3/26/2013 11:58:37   
Megadragonknight

What megakyle said. But i am okay with chat system working on PvE but when it comes to PvP, i will object to it unless there is a disabled button and if one player disable chat while the other enable it, the chat system won't work. This is JoelJ's idea and i concur his suggestion.
Post #: 31
3/26/2013 12:20:09   
Leader
Unrequited

Disable chat options and in-battle reports should be a fine resolve to potty mouthed trolls. Cannot wait for this revised system!
Post #: 32
3/26/2013 12:49:55   
Devil of Nulgath

Is it so hard to ignore random trolls ? No
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/26/2013 14:38:16   
Mondez

So I hope there will be a mute button in battle so I don't have to hear the ravings of a player.

~Removed unnecessary coments.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 3/27/2013 22:07:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/26/2013 16:16:02   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Guys, really, it will be fine. Many people always talked about in battle chat too so lets see how it goes o-o
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/26/2013 17:25:46   
Redingard

Ever think that always assuming worst-case scenarios isn't always for the best? I doubt all the players will be trolls that hate you for beating them. xD
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/26/2013 18:37:38   
BiasedBass

I think battle chat is great, gives me a chance to say "gg" or I enjoyed the battle before they dissapear :] . I just hope the players are mature enough for it.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/26/2013 18:43:42   
Baron Dante

I would hope there's the ability to disable battle chat if you so wish. I'm not always feeling like talking with people (this was very evident in Golden Yeti Tourney of ED. Playing for hours and hours tends to tire you, and when you are tired, you prefer not to engage in a discussion at all.) and plain ignoring them isn't exactly nice. This way, they at least would know you aren't ignoring them for whatever reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
3/26/2013 18:57:32   
The Jop

I don't know; I've seen a lot of immature and rude people in Oversoul already. Those people will only grow in number.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
3/26/2013 19:02:36   
Mondez

Even though OS is a game intended for ages 13+ it will have its share of immature players that just want to ruin the game for others. I'm just hoping I don't run into them in battle because I like OS and I won't have an immature player ruin the game for me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/26/2013 22:06:50   
drinde

Well, I'm all for battle-chat, but I suppose there could be options to disable combat-chat, non-friend-listed combat-chat, or some other chat-blocks in general. Battling is a good way to meet new people and get to know them, but there are idiots who try to ruin your day.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 41
3/27/2013 0:15:04   
Megadragonknight

I almost forgot OS is a game intended for age 13+. I am pretty sure there are some players that are mature but i saw a number of players that act immature and some even act quite arrogant although they act like they are not. I may not support the chat system but if it do release, a disable chat would need to be optional in-game too.
Post #: 42
3/27/2013 0:18:43   
Misty_kitty
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmm...perhaps a bit TOO shiny......
AQW  Post #: 43
3/27/2013 0:20:42   
Megadragonknight

@Misty_Kitty
Nope, its not a bit TOO shiny, it VERY shiny. Got to love the new battle engine Warlic was working on. Can't wait for Oversoul Beta Revolution!
Post #: 44
3/27/2013 1:12:26   
Finncollier

was that a chat i see...THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #: 45
3/27/2013 10:26:45   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

i am liking it so far. I hope the other interfeces get a litte polished up as well though. And I am looking forward to the IG chat. Overall the new look IG is very nice in my opinion.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
3/27/2013 11:26:38   
Megadragonknight

Shiny interface= Awesomeness. Oversoul Beta Revolution is gonna be a great hit.
Post #: 47
3/27/2013 15:31:37   
HSsouleater

I see they are putting in a battle chat function

~Removed unnecessary coments.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 3/27/2013 22:06:19 >
Post #: 48
3/27/2013 22:05:29   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Please do not trash other AE games, it is not fair to the hard working staff that creates them. There will ALWAYS be trolls and immature idiots in EVERY online game, it is unnavoidable. That is why the report and ignore buttons exist. If you post respectfully about why you want something added to this game, such as a toggle on/off battle chat, then I am sure Nulgath will take your suggestion into consideration. Flaming other games will get you no where except in trouble, that attitude is not tolerated here.

< Message edited by Mritha -- 3/28/2013 6:48:27 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
3/28/2013 1:30:50   
Antithesis

*flexes*

I'm ready to talk some smack brah. Of course, everyone and their mother still just charges up before doing anything.
Not easy to talk too much smack if it's just an arms race, although people will inevitably still do that

lel nub i movd 1st n am hier lvl den u get tossd pleb
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= 25/03/12 Design Notes: Oversoul Beta Revolution has Begun!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition