Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What do you guys think about Omega?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What do you guys think about Omega?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2013 21:04:48   
Ranloth
Banned

Alts. I play on those more ever since Omega has started because they are actually playable now with the lack of Varium advantage. My main is only for PHs so I can get my Credits back that I spend constantly on something new. Or I don't play at all, depends if I have stuff to do.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
4/13/2013 21:18:20   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Well the technology on ED for me seems Outdated.

I've seen many games (Not naming them, you can find them out yourself)

-That have alot of features
-Alot of game modes
-Game modes where the players can create (This game mode goes to the devs and if the devs think it's good,they will put it into the game).
-Brilliant with payments
-Disabling to chat (So you can't hear the other person talking)
-Standalone feature (Much less lag)
-Own songs
-Automated ban system
- One game which was very new (somewhere around when ED was created, that game was created also), had 4,000 people playing it and after a year had 80,000 people playing it which is very huge. Average 40k people play it now (Browser based game). It's still fun too play it now also. Soooo many choices of game modes (About 25) and some test game modes.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 4/13/2013 21:27:22 >
Epic  Post #: 27
4/13/2013 21:25:50   
Ranloth
Banned

And how big is their Team, that works on the releases? If ED Team had as much members as AQW does, much more work could be done.
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
4/13/2013 21:27:09   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Oh and I forgot, that game has 2 devs and 2 art people with the help of community.
For sure if I told you that game you would be addicted. Maybe at the start, you will be nooby but eventually a pro.

Also the game is made from france ^^.

Edit: The 4 people are all ladies from what I'm see-ing on their website.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 4/13/2013 21:29:06 >
Epic  Post #: 29
4/13/2013 22:18:37   
edwardvulture

I'm getting used to it
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
4/13/2013 22:39:33   
Scyze

I don't enjoy Omega and I think all we can do is wait. I'm sure sometime in the future the game will be fun as it was in the past. Lets adapt to these junk Cores, to the "no NPC's...", to lag and other things.
Hopefully the Developers realize that they are losing players who have been here for a long time. You cannot blame Omega for it, it could've been that they're moving on with their lives.

All these revamped Armors and HD hairstyles were used to make the game better for new players. So since the lower leveled players are dominating the leaderboads, its a sign that they're enjoying the game? More likely the Developers are happy even if they lose their legends since they have new players.

@The Incredible Hulk,
EpicDuel has 3-4 members who work full time. Charfade (possibly Cinderella) has a part-time job. Seems like you cannot separate who's male and who's female.

Post edited. If you intended to flame bait, don't bother posting about it then. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 4/13/2013 23:19:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/13/2013 22:50:46   
kaiseryeux21

the equality of all players in terms of stats is one of the reasons why i like omega. the lower levels suddenly rising to the leaderboards almost in all mode of battle is a prof that omega has served its purpose. The only thing that bothers me at the moment is the overwhelming imbalance of the game. especially in the juggernaut. 5 focus players even at level 25-30 is not funny. Alot of things still need to be fixed and the dev's had to double time their work. Perhaps its just a matter of sorting out priorities. What do we really need the most at the moment?? Fixing balance? new cores? new events to make players entertained? New pvp drops and rewards? new mission chains? All these things will surely come out in the near future. So as for me, i would hold on until these things becomes reality. As i said many times before, all we can really do is HOPE.
DF Epic  Post #: 32
4/13/2013 22:54:47   
Master Smasher

I honestly am enjoying omega, only because I'm a non-var player from delta and beta
Epic  Post #: 33
4/14/2013 1:01:15   
Goony
Constructive!

There is a lot more to come!
More cores will be introduced soon and I am pretty sure that any players who suggest a core will get an achievement (like the weapon suggestion achievement). The developers have had to clear up a few bugs and have made some important changes to the back end of the game since Omega was released. While this is boring to the player base, it had to be done and now that most of this has been completed more new features can be added.

We have already had a taste of what new features are coming with the recent tournament and the feedback from the community will considered going forward!

Balance is a little problematic, it's reasonable at the moment, but having the majority of cap level using 5 focus builds players is not an ideal scenario and there will be some changes as the phase evolves (as has been the case in the past).

So, in my opinion, the game is stable and lag is reasonable! I am anticipating that the next 6 months will see the Omega phase implement long awaited features into the game that will expand on the PvP model and allow more meaning to the alignment and faction wars.

< Message edited by Goony -- 4/14/2013 4:02:01 >
Epic  Post #: 34
4/14/2013 2:40:30   
The Hidden Legend

I think that omega is waaaaaaaaay too luck based and that luck should be fixed before adding new cores or anything
Epic  Post #: 35
4/14/2013 7:00:33   
midnight assassin

At first I was excited but sadly it end up in a brainless copy build game. Many complain because of luck and it is very irritating the fact that they only copy builds. I just don't have the guts to play this game until they do something about this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/14/2013 7:11:52   
xGreen Warriorx

quote:

people were too ignorant to know that ED somehow someway would screw up.
they screwed up early delta. and omega.

If you think they "screwed up" early Delta AND early Omega, but late Delta was good, then logic says late Omega will be good as well.

I think Omega is better than Delta was. Enhancements are gone, var and f2p are more balanced, and fully customizable weapon stats are allowing more build flexibility.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/14/2013 7:13:10   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

I am anticipating that the next 6 months

I think alot wont wait that long, specially old players.
They came back for Omega, omega didnt meet there requirments and they will eventually leave the game, like in the past.

Personally i think they should have hired more personnel, i liked Omega, but due to all the delays, delays and delays i lost my interest in this game.
If only they could give us releases on time, i would have been as active as i was before.
Because well, im not a patienced person, if they do not keep up to their promises (promising Omega in december etc etc) i leave them.
I know its alot of work, and cant be done so quickly by such a small team, but then dont give us dates for ... sake.

Keep to your promises, if you know you cant make it then dont promise it.
Very simple to avoi yet they cant keep up with it, which made them lose alot of players.
Epic  Post #: 38
4/14/2013 7:19:23   
goldslayer1

quote:

If you think they "screwed up" early Delta AND early Omega, but late Delta was good, then logic says late Omega will be good as well.

except theres a gap of like 6 months between early delta and late delta.
and thats not logic.

quote:

I think Omega is better than Delta was. Enhancements are gone, var and f2p are more balanced, and fully customizable weapon stats are allowing more build flexibility.

dont fool urself, "enhancements" are still here in but replaced with cores.

and its not that "fully" customization given how you're capped to 40% per stat.

^ ohh man the promises issue...
alot of people got mad.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/14/2013 7:26:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
4/14/2013 8:46:37   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

Hopefully the Developers realize that they are losing players who have been here for a long time.

I don't think they really care. They don't really care if they are losing old players IMO.
Idk how they are going to bring them back to play. The game just fells dull and boring now. Not even the faction can make it enjoyable for me.

I really want something new, something brand new. Something that they have never created before (Not new NPC/weapons/bots/bikes). Mostly I am interested is in new game modes. The PVP game modes now seems boring for me since I have played a lot of battles in those PVP game modes.

Maybe you could add more maps/ More exploring
I could tell you game modes that I was thinking of but you will never support so forget about that (either because your going to say that it's going to lag even more because you have a bad/crap computer or hate the idea that the game mode will take forever to finish).
Maybe more hidden secrets around the map to find more info about delta
Maybe new items like helicopters/cars/arrows &darts/crossbows/rockets/pickaxe/spades/knifes (Yea i know, you guys are going to say that it is impossible to be in-game)
Maybe do a giveaways of a seas/rare/ultra rare item to the top 100 instead of having to do a prize code which will run out in minutes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
quote:

You cannot blame Omega for it, it could've been that they're moving on with their lives.

Well it could've been that other people have moved on to another game instead of playing ED. Not all players move on with their lives.
Epic  Post #: 40
4/14/2013 9:03:23   
theholyfighter

quote:

Maybe new items like helicopters/cars/arrows &darts/crossbows/rockets/pickaxe/spades/knifes

Sounds awesome.

Helicopters, Cars, Spacecrafts, or even a Canoe.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/14/2013 9:04:41   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Yeh, maybe those items can only be used in a specific map.

etc.

Water map (Boats/canoe only)
Road maps (Cars only)
Epic  Post #: 42
4/14/2013 9:12:19   
comicalbike

why worry about it they know the game has not been as good as its should and hopefully fix it,
but it cant be quick as it takes long time to program it,
all i miss is the fun has gone and hope it will come back,
and they give us the credits back with varium packages wich they took away so it was a price increase
but as we cant read there minds lets just wait and see,
be like me i dont play so much now but still come on daily to talk to others and play a bit,
the game has changed so much now its not about winning any more its just about fun,
so i just do fast play win or lose most of the time now dont care about the %
only do a strong build for bosses rest is just fun till game changes again,
just give them lots time to fix it and there is no problem,
and titan and rabble i know you will make a very good game in the end this new game can be good and thankyou for all the fun i have had with the game
Epic  Post #: 43
4/14/2013 9:25:51   
midnight santa

rabbleforth need to take charge, i think titan is not so pro-grammer, slow updates, boring "new" updates and many promises that are never happening...
Epic  Post #: 44
4/14/2013 9:30:26   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Titan is very young. Leave him alone. Once titan get to about 50, he will be the best programmer in AE history.
Epic  Post #: 45
4/14/2013 9:48:13   
Ranloth
Banned

That awkward moment when the changes 'made by' Rabble are also done by Titan. You know, because cutting the work load in half (between the 2 people) is much more efficient but okay. :V
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
4/14/2013 19:13:41   
edwardvulture

I remember in delta a nonvarium could beat a varium player by skill, now in omega everyone wins by luck.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
4/14/2013 23:26:19   
RageSoul

I think i wanna compare this ( ED Omega Phase ) to another game now , but i'd rather not just for the sake of other people making silly posts at me .

quote:

What do you guys think about Omega?

Bad , with a capital B and a red hue ( see the word ) .

* They elevated the prices of items , but the NPCs now give lower Credits . I'm okay if they give no wins ( for my TM and BH at least ) , but come on , if that's gonna be the case , then it would be great if they remove Losses ( hence why they were here ) . That way , i can PvP without me complaining so much and be free if they're gonna make the balance crappy . Better make a very-long-to-do yet worth it balance update than quick "fixes"

* The balance updates just make things more complicated rather than a better fix . Example , when they made the Azrael's Set ( Gun + Aux ) , people started complaining "TMs are OPed" yet it's actually the set that made the beloved SUPP "OPed" ( even though it isn't) .
So they nerfed the cores , but both TM and CH as well ( weird , isn't it ? ) . I've seen simpler solutions yet they're actually gonna work , but IDK if the Devs are really "testing" it ( even if they have Testers , that still doesn't mean they can't experiment for themselves ) .

* I was thinking if i have the money to buy Varium in the future and would spend it here , but it might make a temporal depreciation (read : not worth investing in ) . Balance ? Where ?

* I miss the times where "it's okay to go in this , even if it's not the best , as long as you have ... wait for it ... FUN!" . Yep , those times gave me the experience to be good at it while being an enjoying person at it .

AQW Epic  Post #: 48
4/15/2013 5:14:33   
kosmo

The worst thing in Omega is what forum became: a huge complaining thread.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 4/15/2013 5:15:02 >
Epic  Post #: 49
4/15/2013 5:27:35   
mew626

I think Omega as a phase where it has so much possible potential but it is mostly unused. The removal of enhancement balanced the gap between the var/non-var which most of us didn't like but we learned to live with it. We live through the "tested" early phases of Omega where the str-mercs roam the land and were promised better diversity of builds.

That was given to us, we did indeed have a better possible diversity of builds, but due to the highly-limited amount of stats allocated to the players, the amount of possible builds that can lead to victory is greatly limited.

If you're a level 35 player like myself with some all the fancy items, you'd realize that only 2 builds works beautifully nowadays. 1st: Focus 5 builds, depending on bots and nerfs, 2nd: TLM with max surgical + Azrael, where even if you survive their 3rd turn, in which they strike you for a nasty 40+ damage, they would have gain enough rage to do a RAGE IA, which is a killing blow, no matter how thick you are.

Sure, we have more possible builds now, but how many possible builds do we actually have that will lead to victory?

X-Guardian/Dragon Amulet Holder/ED Founder <- Supported Upgrade :)
Proud owner of UIK <- Supported Item :)

100% Supported by others kindness when I was much younger.

- A big THANK YOU for helping me.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What do you guys think about Omega?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition