Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 3112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2013 2:52:12   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Phase 2: Beta Revolution for Evolution
Posted on April 18, 2013 by Nulgath

Game Update v0.7.4

• 2 Characters Released
  • Card Customization is in testing phase. Scheduled for release next Week... if things don't explode...
  • Couple more UI updates releasing tomorrow!
Warlic
Hello everyone -
It has been a busy week for bug fixes in oversoul!

Version 0.7.4 is the latest version of the game. The following issues have been fixed in this version:

* Game Version 0.7.4

** FIXED:
  • The bug causing empty hands in battle has been isolated and fixed.
  • Ironhide and Cat Reflex now play together nicely.
  • Ironhide has been significantly modified to prevent battle desyncs. Of all skills in the game, ironhide is officially dubbed, Oversoul's "problem child".
  • You can now select cards for discard during your enemy's turn
  • Clicking draw or charge element too quickly no longer causes the game to freeze
  • Card-modifying Icons for Blessed strike now drawn appropriately when modifying an attack card
  • When you have more than one page of Friends, the scroll button now lets go of your mouse when you are finished scrolling.
  • Cat Reflex Icons show on Enemy now - since it is a DoT, it is being handled as one.
  • Multiple Renews used at once only 1 HoT icon is displayed
  • Easier enemies now appear in the starting town to allow new players a safe place to learn how to play.
For more information about previous version fixes please refer to the following post:

Versions 0.7.3 - 0.7.4

Rolith Notes:
  • Server side changes:
  • Duels no longer count on the leader board.
  • Added functionality to improve PVP matchmaking, first improvements: Players will only fight characters within 10 levels of theirs (should dramatically improve low level PVP enjoyment).
  • Underpinnings of customizable card decks implemented but not ready for release.
Coming Soon!
  • Card Customization
  • Leader Boards
  • 2nd Oversoul Character Suggestion Contest
Facebook// Twitter// Youtube

Login and play using the "ONE LOGIN TO RULE THEM ALL!" Hint: That is the same login you use to to play EpicDuel, HeroSmash or log into this site.

Also please note that the server can go offline without notice for different periods of time. This is NOT a bug.

quote:

Talking about unreleased content obtained through hacking is against the rules. Please refrain from doing such. Posts talking about unreleased content obtained through hacking WILL be deleted, and warnings WILL be issued to those who break this rule. You have been warned before by Balu. Don't make us warn again.

Discussing unreleased content that the game devs have already posted some sort of info on is alright. ~Balu

First of all, I'm going to remind everybody posting in this thread of the =OS= Game Content and Forum Rules , which states:

quote:

Since this game is being directed at a more mature player base there will be things mentioned or shown in Oversoul itself or on the Oversoul Wiki that are not appropriate for the forums. As the various things that are shown or mentioned in Oversoul or on Oversoul's Wiki may be appropriate for the game that does not make it appropriate for the forums so please keep the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules in mind when posting. If you are unsure whether what you want to post is in line with the Forum's Rules please PM an Archknight or Moderator in AE Staff and Staff Assistants List for clarification.

The rules for this forum are simple. They are easy to understand and they are easy to follow. As has been stated before - that even though the game is intended for a more mature audience, the forums are still PG in order to stay family-friendly.

If players want to keep focussing on spamming, purposely breaking the rules and complaining about the rules, they will face the consequences of their actions. You have been forewarned enough times to know better. The immature reactions to the rules stops now.
The choice is yours.
~M4B

Any and every mention of methods and programs that grant users unfair advantages over each other, such as finding a way to get 100% possession or encounter rate, stops now. This is bug abuse and cheating, both of which are not allowed as said in the Universal Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. Every post after this will deleted on sight and the poster warned, with possible other unwanted consequences to their forum accounts.

~Mritha

The AE forums are a place of civility and respect, therefore you are expected to post in the same manner. A few things for you to remember.

1) If someone is posting against the rules, and you realise it, do these three things: Ignore it. Report it. Carry on. Do NOT respond to rule breakers. That is the Forum Staff's job.

2) Just because it is in-game doesn't mean it is allowed here. Know the rules of the AE forums. There are things that are not allowed given our forum rating of PG. Know it and avoid getting yourself in trouble.

3) If you insist on talking about accomplishments that others have yet to conquer, do so in a manner that is polite. Do not rub it in people's faces, do not taunt or tease, and do not throw out tidbits in the name of helping, that only frustrate others and cause them to be upset. Genuinely help, or refrain from posting.

4) Do not correct people's typos and posting mistakes in any form regarding grammar. That is a form of trolling and spam. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and should be left alone.

Eukara Vox
AE Forum Administration

I'm being very serious when I say that ANYONE who makes a spammy or off-topic post from hereon in will receive a warning, no further warnings will be issued in the Beta Release threads. I suggest you all take some time to read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules as it appears the rules have been neglected. There will be no negotiating these terms, anyone found to violate the previously issued topic warnings WILL receive an Official Warning.

James Lu
ArchKnight Oversoul

< Message edited by James Lu -- 4/18/2013 18:53:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2013 2:53:24   
dragon warth

got fk to 16 finally
AQW  Post #: 2
4/15/2013 3:23:03   
  Grixus Faldor

Congrats! I'm on 13, myself.

I guess I should go out and capture more characters!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/15/2013 3:28:36   
Lemonus

Sometimes I get bored of training FC, the mainstreamy-thingy maybe. Or the fact that there are other people better than meh. I just seem to... not get that -zing- about grinding FC.

AND I still haven't picked a Shadow char to grind besides PD...

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/15/2013 3:33:36 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
4/15/2013 4:12:33   
  Grixus Faldor

Yeah, I get how you feel... playing the same character for hours upon hours and grinding for levels can become very tedious.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/15/2013 5:07:17   
zion

What was the point of adding 2 zeros at the end of every number? I find it needlessly confusing and crowded... plz switch back unless you make use of the extra digits!
Other than that things look a bit more fresh.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2013 5:20:35   
Mondez

@Zion
TheSage stated the increased attacks and health are for stat increases in the future which makes sense though 2 digits would've been easier for them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/15/2013 5:29:21   
zion

U don't find the 4 digit numbers too cumbersome?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/15/2013 5:41:42   
Mondez

@Zion
Nope, you just have to get used to it is all besides this setup might add more damage options in the future compared to the single digits.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/15/2013 5:55:13   
Deathknight17

Protip if you can't adjust to the 4 digits: just take off the 2 zeroes on the right, and bam, you have the number you are comfortable with
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/15/2013 7:10:35   
  Grixus Faldor

@Mondez:

quote:

...though 2 digits would've been easier for them.

No, that would have caused them trouble, because of the decimals. TheSage said that 3 digit numbers would have been sufficient.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/15/2013 7:28:30   
Mondez

@James
Ah...you're right 3 digits are easier, I don't know what I was thinking.

Hopefully the stat boosts won't affect too much on the balance since I realized that when we were stuck on the single digits I was wondering how stats would work under the limitations of single digits.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/15/2013 7:31:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/15/2013 8:09:04   
Megadragonknight

@Mondez
That was the question I had been thinking of ever since the 100X increase of HP and Damage. I wonder how stats can really work in OS excluding luck.
Post #: 13
4/15/2013 8:30:29   
Gravcat

Stats will work, probably by maybe using an AQ stat: Strength. ( STR ) Strength will work like this:
1 Stat Point : .1 decimal to damage.
2 Stat Point : .2 decimal to damage.
3 Stat Point : .3 decimal to damage.
4 Stat Point : .4 decimal to damage.
5 Stat Point : .5 decimal to damage.
6 Stat Point : .6 decimal to damage.
7 Stat Point : .7 decimal to damage.
8 Stat Point : .8 decimal to damage.
9 Stat Point : .9 decimal to damage.
10 Stat Point : 1 damage added to any attack card.

What do you think?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
4/15/2013 8:59:09   
Megadragonknight

@Gravcat
I have no idea what to say but I disapprove of decimal damage. Do you see any other games that deal decimal damage? Beside, it would be strange for a card game to have decimal damage.
Post #: 15
4/15/2013 9:21:16   
megakyle777

If anyone wants my opnion. I say lose a 0. it's still damaging enough to be awesome, is less confusing, and can work with stats.
DF  Post #: 16
4/15/2013 9:46:46   
Megadragonknight

@megakyle
Not sure how but we shall find out when stats are release in OS.

The battle still froze in pvp battle although the charge glitch was fixed. Its annoying that the battle froze every time.
Post #: 17
4/15/2013 9:53:30   
Blackshock

Idk, I dig the double zero, reminds me of yugioh and duel masters. Makes it feel card game-ish, Might seem confusing, but that's only because we're probably used to single digits.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
4/15/2013 9:54:30   
megakyle777

I'm sorry, I'm just thinking of that pic of that one Artifact in the Q and A thread first post. If it were in game and it were to boost damage by 10X like the pic says, you would be looking at numbers of 10000 AT LEAST.
DF  Post #: 19
4/15/2013 9:57:12   
Megadragonknight

I personally like the double zero. Like what Blackshock said, it do feel like a card game with high HP, shield and damage. Seeing our characters gain 100X increase of HP and damage makes me think that Oversouls are the most powerful beings with possessive ability.
Post #: 20
4/15/2013 10:12:08   
Vagaran

The high HP reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh with all the power cards and such xD
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 21
4/15/2013 10:24:57   
Akura_

stupid question hopefully artix or wiz can answer this? BUT were going to be able to farm for SG in the future right?
AQ  Post #: 22
4/15/2013 10:27:49   
megakyle777

Akura: Not even a chance. they added that to AQ, and prices rose dramaticly. At BEST we MIGHT get Ballyhoo which would give you a TINY amount of SG, but consdiering that 1 SG is equal to 50 AC from AQW I doubt that too.
DF  Post #: 23
4/15/2013 10:28:49   
Vagaran

Farm SG in the future?

Nope, chances of that happening are quite low.

SG is was makes OS running, if anyone could simply farm for it, there would be no money for OS which would mean OS would pretty much be shut down.

If anything there "might" be a Ballyhoo where you can watch X videos per day to have a low chance to get X amount of SG but farming for SG won't happen.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 24
4/15/2013 10:29:41   
Megadragonknight

@Akura
That would not be possible and like what megakyle said, OS will probably have Ballyhoo which will have a chance of earning free SG.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 3112345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition